Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison was a beautiful daughter, and a mother on a journey not completed.

The Dixie family are going to have to brace themselves for a painful trial.

kEENTOKNOW: Beautiful post. Unfortunately, maybe an inevitable road for the Dickies -unless the Perp makes a confession. You listening Perp?

I was wondering if Allison was attending the conference on the Friday alone i.e. was she picking someone up on the way in? This is just speculation, but wondering if she was late picking another person up?

As I could not edit now(too long from when I posted), but wanted to corrrect my post..I am reposting with the correct info regarding Senior Constable Damien Leeding. Anniversary of his shooting is today, his subsequent death was a few days later. the anniversary of which is this Friday

Thankyou for mentioning that. I think that touched everyone. Those 2 little kids left fatherless, and his wife alone. I cried when I watched the funeral on TV.

If the toxicology results were returned yesterday the QPS would have IMO informed GBC and possibly with these findings is why he went to his office to begin work again...

Why would they inform him? I don't follow.

I believe he moved premises because his business was failing and he had leased very expensive premises which are now too large for his use - due to loss of staff and listings.

So he's moved to serviced offices which is much cheaper, and more of a relevant size. He gets a receptionist who answers the phone and can screen calls, office equipment and facilities, and can manage his rent roll and a few listings from there. Dealings with clients can be done there too, or he can go to them. It would basically be just scaling down to what is practical, to try to keep afloat IMO. But I don't think it is related to the case itself in particular, he began moving out of the other premises a couple of days ago before the toxicology report was out. I would suggest he would have organised these new premises last week.

Either way, why would police advise him of results? He is most likely a suspect. And no, I don't KNOW that he is, but it is highly likely IMO. Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean they don't have a suspect. It is all about building a case with the least amount of interference and not giving the murderer and accomplice/s any additional help to either weasel out of it, or to corrupt the case in any way.

I was wondering if Allison was attending the conference on the Friday alone i.e. was she picking someone up on the way in? This is just speculation, but wondering if she was late picking another person up?

I think this could be a possibility. Good sleuthing.

Maybe evidence of an overdose of an antidepressant? Hence the comment by OW about her 'being depressed'. Mind you, overdose of paracetamol is lethal and very accessible.
Yes, more progress. Hopefully arrest/s not long now?
MAKARA: Very observant to notice a change in wording. Thanks

Does anyone know what kind of car GBC's sister drives?

Thankyou for mentioning that. I think that touched everyone. Those 2 little kids left fatherless, and his wife alone. I cried when I watched the funeral on TV.

Very much so. One of my family knows his wife. Very, very sad. And the circumstances is another reason to have respect for the men and women of QPS for what they do under the most difficult of situations at times.

Does anyone know what kind of car GBC's sister drives?

I thought it was the gold Suzuki , I saw the hypocrite driving it, but it's still around and I'm guessing they are back in tville

There's been no mention of her going to the conference with anyone...there's been specualtion as to which conference she was going to...either the Pathways...or the REIQ which was on the same day.

IF it was the REIQ ...well...a guess as to who'd be going with her to that one...

.....just my opinion.

Thanks Hawkins!

One more question. What are the terms to differentiate the two types of murder in Queensland?

Thanks good queery Nads.

I want to know the difference between the law science approach to this tragedy and the real point at issue being who killed Allison Hawkins??

Skirting the issue too much maybe......

The point at issue is who killed this mother Hawkins, this site is victim friendly, not law/court friendly.

Ok I'm off on Holidays at 5 am for a month, I won't have much internet acces . I'm coming back on the 1st of July and I hope, hope, hope this will be resolved by then...
Keep up the good work sleuthers!

Enjoy your holiday Fawn, try to pop in when you can and ask for a summary!

I wish I could read through all the posts... but I haven't time....is there anything new...

Why would they inform him? I don't follow.

I believe he moved premises because his business was failing and he had leased very expensive premises which are now too large for his ue - due to loss of staff and listings.

So he's moved to serviced offices which is much cheaper, and more of a relevant size. He gets a receptionist who answers the phone and can screen calls, office equipment and facilities, and can manage his rent roll and a few listings from there. Dealings with clients can be done there too, or he can go to them. It would basically be just scaling down to what is practical, to try to keep afloat IMO. But I don't think it is related to the case itself in particular, he began moving out of the other premises a couple of days ago before the toxicology report was out. I would suggest he would have organised these new premises last week.

Either way, why would police advise him of results? He is most likely a suspect. And no, I don't KNOW that he is, but it is highly likely IMO. Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean they don't have a suspect. It is all about building a case with the least amount of interference and not giving the murderer and accomplice/s any additional help to either weasel out of it, or to corrupt the case in any way.

Your last paragraph is very interesting Elspeth - is he the Next of Kin - yes, if he is a suspect does that negate the next of kin relationship, so then the Dickies become Allison's next of kin - interesting! Surely the QPS would not divulge information re what they know of the circumstances of Allison's death to the next of kin if he/she was the chief suspect.

... Many manslaughter convictions grounded in DV contexts seem to attract a maximum of about 10 years. If that were the sentence, the offender would be eligible to apply for parole after 8 years, with the serious violent offender declaration. It would be tempting to think that where a person is also convicted of additional offences arising from the same events, such as interfering with a corpse etc, that a conviction for those offences would increase the overall sentence. But virtually all prosecutions which result in convictions for multiple offences lead to sentences which are served concurrently, meaning that the offender serves the time for the most serious offence and is deemed to be also serving the other sentences at the same time.

HAWKINS: Thank you again. Very constructive post which helps us to understand the next part of this legal process. Much appreciated.

Thanks kiwi50 ....... I'm starting to see what you and Marlywings are seeing - it kinda makes sense that someone else called the Police - not GBC. We have all questioned (throughout numerous threads at the beg of this forum) why he would ring them at 7:30am, when Allison was only 30 mins late from her walk?! Why would he do that?! AND ......... wouldn't he prefer to have the day to properly clean up and organise stories?

Yes that part of it made no sense to me...& it's why I started working on what the police had actually said...combined with what the Dickies had said... "He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

Also...I could never quite figure why, if someone has killed another.. cleans-up & calls police....police would be the last people in the world you'd want to contact.

I know this is off topic but it's really made me think of how precious life is and how unfair it can be also.
I can't get it out of my head today, how sad it is that Allison's 3 daughters have lost their mum and then here in NZ we have the kiwi mum who lost her triplets in the fire in Dohar today. Just the irony of it all. Tell someone you love them today, tomorrow may be too late.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-east/7005233/Kiwi-triplets-killed-in-Doha-mall-fire

I have family living there including children - and they go to that shopping centre, Villagio, regularly. Only just found out they are all safe. Very lucky as they actually went to Villagio the day before.

I know exactly what you mean. Makes one think even more about how important it is to be kind to one another, and always keep love in mind and heart.

I just listened to a video on ninemsn about the toxicology reports and it says that the results won't be made publically. Also until just now i didn't know TM went into hiding?? I don't know if anyone else knew that or not. I found that in another video on ninemsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*