Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people coppers are on alert always and they must have seen/known something very much like a red flag to start this massive search.

Exactly...a police officers job is basically to go out looking for trouble.

For that house to be classed as a crime scene is one thing...but to then call up for a crime scene warrant is a whole other thing....in my opinon.

I agree Fuskier that Allison's depression was more to do with sadness:please: and unhappiness with her life and marriage for a prolonged period rather than a clinical depression.

Sorry but this is a lightbulb moment - if Allison was genuinely suffering depression. Forget money as a motive.

Narcissists are generally unable to offer support to someone with depression. They often look at ways to get out of the relationship - but have feelings of guilt each time they try because they know this will exacerbate the condition for their partner.

They want to leave but are overwhelmed with obligation and feel trapped. Affairs are common. They hope the person fell in love with will miraculously return overnight. The narcissist feels dragged down living with someone with depression. They are likely to blame their partner for business failings. Resentment sets in - they begin to loathe their partner for wrecking their life.!

True... I like to bath, but I don't know anyone else that does.
(They shower!!!!)

Like your avatar, is that a little red dragon hehe? If you bath you know you will lose your 'fire'.........:floorlaugh:

MUM73: If the husband had scratches on him, we don't know who put them there. It is possible they were gained in a family violence episode with Allison. It is also possible that somebody else put them there, either a girlfriend, another lover, or an accomplice put them there. They needed to be seen by a forensic Doctor with more indepth knowledge about scratches, bruises, cuts etc. My opinion only, not fact.

In one very early video clip, Olivia Walton was asked by a journalist about the scrathches on GBC. She stated that 'he fell over and hit his head'. This is probably not available online now though.

Something that I have been thinking of for a while, do we know if Allison knew GBC's affair was ongoing? I know there was talk about GBC & Allison maybe dining out after the hairdresser, but don't think it was confirmed.
If I was suspicious as to whether my husband was having an affair, I'm sure I'd drive past the mistresses house to see if his car was there, I keep wondering what caused the fight that night, I'm still leaning towards it not being premeditated.
It just wasn't planned well enough to me to be premeditated, and I still don't see a mistress or parents helping plan a murder.
Divorce is so much easier in the long run.

All IMO

It would seem they have gone "lighter" in recent weeks but probably because the police are being more tightlipped and because no new evidence has emerged. A journalist can't just go and harrass someone on the basis of public suspicion. That said, they must be tagging him to an extent or they would not have been in the basement of Toowong carpark at the moment he was arriving for "work". I think they are doing as much as they can within the realms of legality and ethical behaviour. I also wonder if legal letters with the word "defamation" in the first sentence haven't landed on CM's doorstep in recent weeks? Could explain a certain air of renewed confidence on someone's behalf, MOO??

Why can't the media cam snap him arriving and leaving TMs or with her at restaurants? Gosh we aren't allowed papparazi? JMO

mouse, I had a little meltdown a few nights ago and was so upset, I had to give MYSELF a timeout!!! haha I couldnt stop crying and I still dont really know whether it was my confronting feelings I have as a woman who is maybe in a similar relationship dynamic, or that I suddenly found it hard to believe that GBC was guilty, and I suffered a major attack of guilt?

either way, I believe it does seem to be effecting so many people in the same way.... we all seem to have our own personal connection to Allison some way, and I would love to know what went down too, for Allison, and for her children, and their right to be safe in the knowledge that the person who took their mother away from them when they needed her so much, is treated justly. But I also want (maybe selfishly) to know what happened so that we too can find some peace in her justice. And because even though most of us never knew her, its eating us up too

Dear minni, mouse detective and all sleuthers here, we are all so affected by a terrible crime to an intelligent, accomplished mother, daughter, which I feel we all are too.

Crimes against women...now that is heinous and I think it is time that maybe Alison Sandy needs to do a crime reporters' article on this and stop being soooooooooo stymied by who ever is doing it.

A woman like this is a person like we all are and I AM SURE IT STEMS FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in her upper middle class case too. IMO as I have to cover my *advertiser censored*.

Why can't the media cam snap him arriving and leaving TMs or with her at restaurants? Gosh we aren't allowed papparazi? JMO

This guy appears to love the camera..

An article has just been published about his affair; a Journo catches him in the car park - and what does he say? 'No comment' and walk off?

Oh no,

'photo opportunity, get my best side now, lets say a few words..' Duh!

Ooops! JMO

I find that weird... Being a night owl, I see nothing suss about washing late at night. I've been known to have a load on at midnight and later. I have mates who do the same especially ones with a busy lifestyle. That keeps the days free, (like weekends), if you do most of the crappy housework at night.

By the same token, I have a fairly big bush property and have a small caravan at the back with a mate living there and he gets up with the crows and does his washing from about 5am to about 6am. By the time I get up and drag myself out, it's all hung on the clothes line.

All sorts of shannanigans at all hours at my house and I know other households like it, especially ones with teenagers and young people in their twenties.

So I would think, (in my opinion), the police would need more to alert them than just seeing a washing machine being used at what some consider to be an uncivilised hour. We don't really know what habits or the type of lifestyle Allison and GBC had and that makes it all the more difficult to know what is 'normal' for them and what isn't.

thanks blue bottle, it was a crime investigation channel episode I watched and they said it made police very suspicious which got me thinking. But I have two points to make.

I am like you Blue Bottle, and mop at midnight, hang out washing at 3 in the morning, and usually always get up at 1 or 1.30 and have a coffee..strange yes , but I have insomnia. I too have teenagers, but also a 5 year old and the habits in my house are often out of whack and off routine, as I also have a husband who works away on fly in fly out jobs. So for me its not unusual and I wouldnt have thought of it until I saw the show.

But it did get me thinking after that, and I started imagining a white collar business type, with a lovely wife who has a little more extra time to do many of the household chores and manage the kids daily routines. (this frees up the busy 'suit' husband to really just put his time and effort into his work and any other extra curricular activities he happens to find time for (prick), also he was the managing director and I picture him as feeling a little self important and 'beneath throwing a load on' to help the missus........so with that in mind, I try and imagine him in a Mr Mom role...AND I CANT!!, but, its really how the police who turned up that day percieve what is normal and what is unnatural. Its possible they wouldn't notice it or find it that odd, but if they turned up with a cautious attitude based on previous DV's or something, they would surely take it into account.

... since when has a bachelors degree been 2 years?

Generally speaking, if a person was to begin their degree in Semester 1 of 1988, they would finish in Semester 2 of 1990 and go to their graduation ceremony early the following year (in 1991). So the degree would be studied in 1988 (first year), 1989 (second year), 1990 (third year).

Cheers

thanks blue bottle, it was a crime investigation channel episode I watched and they said it made police very suspicious which got me thinking. But I have two points to make.

I am like you Blue Bottle, and mop at midnight, hang out washing at 3 in the morning, and usually always get up at 1 or 1.30 and have a coffee..strange yes , but I have insomnia. I too have teenagers, but also a 5 year old and the habits in my house are often out of whack and off routine, as I also have a husband who works away on fly in fly out jobs. So for me its not unusual and I wouldnt have thought of it until I saw the show.

But it did get me thinking after that, and I started imagining a white collar business type, with a lovely wife who has a little more extra time to do many of the household chores and manage the kids daily routines. (this frees up the busy 'suit' husband to really just put his time and effort into his work and any other extra curricular activities he happens to find time for (prick), also he was the managing director and I picture him as feeling a little self important and 'beneath throwing a load on' to help the missus........so with that in mind, I try and imagine him in a Mr Mom role...AND I CANT!!, but, its really how the police who turned up that day percieve what is normal and what is unnatural. Its possible they wouldn't notice it or find it that odd, but if they turned up with a cautious attitude based on previous DV's or something, they would surely take it into account.

Yeah Minni, they might have read his blog - he didn't cope too well with the role of ' domestic goddess' so if he was about to get a load out of the washing machine...

Yes back on topic, the Police have been saying an arrest is near or words to that effect but today I read that they are committed to the case and mentioned how long it took to crack that case.I fear that they are finding this to be harder to pin in the culprit than they anticipated because forensics are proving cryptic

Mmmm crack which case Petro please?

Yeah Minni, they might have read his blog - he didn't cope too well with the role of ' domestic goddess' so if he was about to get a load out of the washing machine...

haha of course, he blogged about his dilemma when Allison had a well earned break, and he had to do a few dishes! I forgot about that, so he WASN'T Mr Mom!

IMO the questions posed to the hairdressers (re marks, bruising) could well have been posed because bruising/marks were detected in the autopsy. Police could be trying to establish they had happened AFTER her visit to the hairdresser. I would think if there were signs of trauma on her face/neck it would have been easily spotted by someone doing her hair.

Yes, and it said 'scratches or bruising on neck, chest, arms and hands' so it could mean that is where she did have all of those marks. What do people think would be the most likely COD to have those marks on all of those places?

haha of course, he blogged about his dilemma when Allison had a well earned break, and he had to do a few dishes! I forgot about that, so he WASN'T Mr Mom!

Precisely, Dr Watson!

Sorry but this is a lightbulb moment - if Allison was genuinely suffering depression. Forget money as a motive.

Narcissists are generally unable to offer support to someone with depression. They often look at ways to get out of the relationship - but have feelings of guilt each time they try because they know this will exacerbate the condition for their partner.

They want to leave but are overwhelmed with obligation and feel trapped. Affairs are common. They hope the person fell in love with will miraculously return overnight. The narcissist feels dragged down living with someone with depression. They are likely to blame their partner for business failings. Resentment sets in - they begin to loathe their partner for wrecking their life.!

Sorry to quote myself but the reason the Narcissist cannot offer support to a depressive partner is that it exacerbates their own pre-disposition to depression and often start a cycle of self-loathing. The only way out is to deny their own pre-disposition to depression, place 100 percent blame on their partner for the negative spiral around them and look for "pick me ups" (e.g. other admirers that help to boost their confidence and self-esteem).

Something that I have been thinking of for a while, do we know if Allison knew GBC's affair was ongoing? I know there was talk about GBC & Allison maybe dining out after the hairdresser, but don't think it was confirmed.
If I was suspicious as to whether my husband was having an affair, I'm sure I'd drive past the mistresses house to see if his car was there, I keep wondering what caused the fight that night, I'm still leaning towards it not being premeditated.
It just wasn't planned well enough to me to be premeditated, and I still don't see a mistress or parents helping plan a murder.
Divorce is so much easier in the long run.

All IMO

Sweetie Kiwi, IF there was no premeditating factors don't you really think he would have been arrested before this?

Could be expensive. He would want a Confident, competent complex collegiate professional to represent him. Sorry about the C words

The CM haven't actually said anything clearly against him that he could hang his hat on, in my view. Sure there have been some underlying messages, but nothing definite. Further, he would have to come out and show that what they have said isn't true - Which would require him to actually comment on the case at the very least, would it not? Hasn't seemed too keen to do that thus far.....

I'm sure I'll get some words of wisdom from Watsonian Institute or his kinsmen on this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21