Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Spratsmum, you are right, typically RE Agencies are 'high street' shopping locations or at the very least 'street level' somewhere!
I have no doubt that the recent poor taste broadcast of 'business as usual' is a poor attempt at a public relations exercise (possibly at the advice of another party)
You might as well run a home office as be in level 5 of toowong tower.
Any reasonably minded person is not going to ring this agency until he is at least 'removed' from this case. (removed being an arrest is made of another individual/s for this crime).
I'd be suprised if there is a lease to be honest (friend of a friend type thing maybe) IMO

<Mod Snip> If you hadn't noticed Retail First rents out L5 Toowong Tower as serviced office suites. Can lease by the day, week, whatever........think about what that may indicate?????

I was thinking about the recent 'wind up' merchants that we now have in the forum and whilst its always great to get other viewpoints, and lets face it we have had many in here, including theories, comments and opinions on the likely innocence of GBC. And for the most part I think these differing viewpoints have been well delivered by posters and respectfully responded to by others in this forum.
However, it is just so blatantly obvious why the wider community would think the way they do about the players involved in this case.
Just for one, why have the family cars been the complete central focus on this investigation from almost the beginning??
This in itself feeds the public's imagination to draw conclusions, rightly or wrongly.
surely even the most open-minded people can at least 'understand' why the public would arrive at this conclusion or lets say suspicion?
If at least one car or both cars were out on the night prior but then both of them are back at the house the next morning, doesn't this mean that somebody had to drive them back there?? Even the most non interested member of public will draw this conclusion after a 40 second news spot at night.
There are several other bits of info that have been released to the media that would appear all roads lead to the same destination.

It may turn out that this is not the same destination as millions of people in the country thought and have been thinking.
And millions are hoping for the children's sake that this is the case I'm sure.

But for the naysayers, yes you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but for GS show some common sense and understand at the very least why you are in the minority. Being in the minority is fine, even sometimes healthy, but don't take your frustrations out on the majority. Because I'm afraid that being frustrated is generally par of the course of being in the minority to begin with..get used to it!

Geez you lot must be losing your touch, thought you were gun solvers of crime. If you hadn't noticed Retail First rents out L5 Toowong Tower as serviced office suites. Can lease by the day, week, whatever........think about what that may indicate?????

I said that already! They lease from 1 hour-1 year..... he was carrying boxes tho...

I was thinking about the recent 'wind up' merchants that we now have in the forum and whilst its always great to get other viewpoints, and lets face it we have had many in here, including theories, comments and opinions on the likely innocence of GBC. And for the most part I think these differing viewpoints have been well delivered by posters and respectfully responded to by others in this forum.
However, it is just so blatantly obvious why the wider community would think the way they do about the players involved in this case.
Just for one, why have the family cars been the complete central focus on this investigation from almost the beginning??
This in itself feeds the public's imagination to draw conclusions, rightly or wrongly.
surely even the most open-minded people can at least 'understand' why the public would arrive at this conclusion or lets say suspicion?
If at least one car or both cars were out on the night prior but then both of them are back at the house the next morning, doesn't this mean that somebody had to drive them back there?? Even the most non interested member of public will draw this conclusion after a 40 second news spot at night.
There are several other bits of info that have been released to the media that would appear all roads lead to the same destination.

It may turn out that this is not the same destination as millions of people in the country thought and have been thinking.

But for the naysayers, yes you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but for GS show some common sense and understand at the very least why you are in the minority. Being in the minority is fine, even sometimes healthy, but don't take your frustrations out on the majority. Because I'm afraid that being frustrated is generally par of the course of being in the minority to begin with..get used to it!

Oh yeah! You have been on fire the last few days : )

<Mod Snip> If you hadn't noticed Retail First rents out L5 Toowong Tower as serviced office suites. Can lease by the day, week, whatever........think about what that may indicate?????

pretty much indiated what I had thought...a mickey mouse tenancy at best...a desk, a chair and a phone line...

A great setup for one man operations just setting up a business, short lease available and you dont even need your own staff. One of my first jobs was as a receptionist at a serviced office building in the city, very interesting mix of people would blow through lol.

Serviced Offices: Milton Toowong, 4006: Level 5,Toowong Tower, 9 Sherwood Road

This is a new, five-star serviced and virtual office facility located in the prestigious shopping and dining precinct of Toowong. Here, 47 state-of-the-art corporate office suites occupy an entire floor of this landmark building. The facility is sure to impress, with spectacular views, cutting-edge facilities and handpicked executive staff to answer your calls, provide secretarial support and greet your clients. From the furniture to the floor coverings, the coffee machine to the staff and the comprehensive list of services, everything has been designed to provide you with an exceptional place to work. see map and more info...

http://www.brisbanecitylife.com.au/bcl/serviced-offices-toowong.htm

http://www.officesfirst.com.au/

Hi All

First time poster here, this case breaks my heart and I pray for an arrest soon for the perpetrator of such a horrible crime. I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions on here and also came across a post on another site regarding a high profile case in the US. The similarities in terms of the demeanour/ attitude of the husband are quite spooky. what does everyone think. The video is quite long but I couldn't stop watching.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2Y0kDYeNI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2Y0kDYeNI[/ame]

A great setup for one man operations just setting up a business, short lease available and you dont even need your own staff. One of my first jobs was as a receptionist at a serviced office building in the city, very interesting mix of people would blow through lol.

Serviced Offices: Milton Toowong, 4006: Level 5,Toowong Tower, 9 Sherwood Road

This is a new, five-star serviced and virtual office facility located in the prestigious shopping and dining precinct of Toowong. Here, 47 state-of-the-art corporate office suites occupy an entire floor of this landmark building. The facility is sure to impress, with spectacular views, cutting-edge facilities and handpicked executive staff to answer your calls, provide secretarial support and greet your clients. From the furniture to the floor coverings, the coffee machine to the staff and the comprehensive list of services, everything has been designed to provide you with an exceptional place to work. see map and more info...

http://www.brisbanecitylife.com.au/bcl/serviced-offices-toowong.htm

http://www.officesfirst.com.au/

Thanks for this Bayside. I hope with all the other amenities listed, that the office is also 'wired for sound'. ;)

Geez you lot must be losing your touch, thought you were gun solvers of crime. If you hadn't noticed Retail First rents out L5 Toowong Tower as serviced office suites. Can lease by the day, week, whatever........think about what that may indicate?????

Like I said before.
It means when, whoever gets charged there will be lots of fireworks on this site.
You will not even need to buy crackers.........just stay on line and watch this space.

:fireworks2: Still practicing.

pretty much indiated what I had thought...a mickey mouse tenancy at best...a desk, a chair and a phone line...

Services offices are a smart way to operate a small-medium business. They provide a front reception desk, answering services, secretarial support. He perhaps should have done the move some time ago. People these days rarely go to the offices of real-estate agents. Much of the interaction is based in the clients home, on the phone and over the internet. Having used them in the past, the break-even point to move away from serviced offices to bigger premises was usually at 5-6 staff. Clearly the business needed to downsize - the overheads would have been horrendous. Faced with the reality of being a sole parent to 3 kids he will not have time to have a relationship with anyone for a while. He will probably be more focussed than ever on selling real-estate. Unless of course the Police find conclusive evidence to prove that he was involved in Allison's death :moo:

Services offices are a smart way to operate a small-medium business. They provide a front reception desk, answering services, secretarial support. He perhaps should have done the move some time ago. People these days rarely go to the offices of real-estate agents. Much of the interaction is based in the clients home, on the phone and over the internet. Having used them in the past, the break-even point to move away from serviced offices to bigger premises was usually at 5-6 staff. Clearly the business needed to downsize - the overheads would have been horrendous. Faced with the reality of being a sole parent to 3 kids he will not have time to have a relationship with anyone for a while. He will probably be more focussed than ever on selling real-estate. Unless of course the Police find conclusive evidence to prove that he was involved in Allison's death :moo:

JUst thinking about it, major down shift when you look at the old building compared to where things are at now. But it may have been something that has been heading that way for sometime.

Hi All

First time poster here, this case breaks my heart and I pray for an arrest soon for the perpetrator of such a horrible crime. I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions on here and also came across a post on another site regarding a high profile case in the US. The similarities in terms of the demeanour/ attitude of the husband are quite spooky. what does everyone think. The video is quite long but I couldn't stop watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2Y0kDYeNI

That is so horrible..I have seen people on here talking about how the two bodies were found but didnt realise this was it.Absolutely shocking:furious::

I'm surprised that he is not inundated by pseudo-customers who just want to check him out like websleuths or undercover journos or general weirdos!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing .... how freaky would it be to go and chat to him about buying or renting a property :what:

I'm too lazy to go all the way to Taringa to be a pseudo-customer, & what on earth would I say to him?? Possibly - "Your face looks familiar. I just can't remember where I've seen it. Have you been on TV lately??"

I was thinking the exact same thing .... how freaky would it be to go and chat to him about buying or renting a property :what:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Someone else did say that before.

MARLYWINGS: Thanks for the link. It worked that time. Article written on 28th April 2012 states: 'Mr. Baden-Clay remained sequestered at his parents home in Kenmore'. This statement followed the paragraph which described the search for Allison and those involved. My preference would be that this is a requirement that he and the 3 little girls stay at his parents house in Kenmore while the investigation is ongoing. My opinion only, not fact.

We were rehashing whether GBC had made the call to police in the morning or the neighbour did I remember folks.

Well in this same article it did say:

28th April
"THERE was something about the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay that made Queensland police mobilise a substantial force to the leafy hamlet of Brookfield within hours of her husband's call."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/all...ll/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303#ixzz1wEFvTjUm

For my part, I understand perfectly why the majority suspect GBC is involved in Allison's death. To be honest, I am suspicious myself. But a number of posters here have him convicted and sentenced before he has been charged with anything and I think there is always, in all cases, a need for caution in making bald assertions of someone's guilt. I've said in a previous post, there may be innocent explanations for everything GBC has said and done since Allison went missing and sometimes a little more circumspection is a good thing. Someone once said, suspicion does not equate to proof beyond reasonable doubt.

you are right in what you are saying, but this is very far removed from any other real estate agency, regardless of the internet age. And I'm quite certain very far removed from what he thinks the 'presence' of a real estate agency should in fact be. In spite of a large majority of the business dealings of a real estate agency being 'away' from the actual premises of the agency itself, the very nature of residential property sales typically justifies the monthly spend of a bricks and mortar operation. Its always been this way and it probaly always will be this way.
A serviced office where someone even answers your phone for you would not be his 'ideal' place of business I can absolutely assure you of that.
But, I am sure it will serve its purpose for the time being.
Why would he need anything more than a desk and a phone right now? - no staff and no property listings....or minimal, respectively.

Well said my friend, beautifully crafted by saying we are working with our logical brains to sleuth what we know so far re the cars and QPS statements pertaining to them. Thanks for that. :woohoo:

It is frustratingly hard slogging work for us let alone our wonderful
detectives lol. Time out for naughty name said re constant picky naysayers yesterday :twocents:

For my part, I understand perfectly why the majority suspect GBC is involved in Allison's death. To be honest, I am suspicious myself. But a number of posters here have him convicted and sentenced before he has been charged with anything and I think there is always, in all cases, a need for caution in making bald assertions of someone's guilt. I've said in a previous post, there may be innocent explanations for everything GBC has said and done since Allison went missing and sometimes a little more circumspection is a good thing. Someone once said, suspicion does not equate to proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Agreed, and for those that do have him convicted as we speak they too probably should adopt a more open mind (possibly me included). It is someone's family we are talking about after all. I still think people are entitled to form an opinon on his behaviour post her disappearance. You are never going to be able to stop the public at large forming an opinion on these sorts of issues I'm afraid.
My post was more related to factual reporting on the crime itslef of course rather than behavioural issues post her disappearance. And how easy it would be for the lehman or the masses to draw a guilty conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member