Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from taking sunflowers to the Kholo Bridge (thanks possumheart for the lovely idea) and did a quick drive by NBC's home - looks like nobody about. I thought I would also take a drive to the Brookfield markets and as I was nearing Allison's house a Prado with SETTLED numberplates (and a big ding on the front passenger side bumper bar) was driving towards me!! I just about had a heart attack. Did a quick u turn and ended up sighting it (with the Century 21 logo and telephone number on rear window) in the traffic on Moggill Road outside the Plaza. So unless the police were driving it...he has his car back and it's business as usual. The CM today states it is still impounded......not so.
PS Possumheart-be careful at the parking area at Kholo Bridge - it's really muddy and it would be quite easy to get bogged.

Whereas I don't believe DOCS would be openly/actively involved...imo they would have made behind the scenes confidential enquiries with the QPS to ensure the children were in a no risk environment...Moreso as they have undergone so much criticism in the past for overlooking children who were in at risk situations and with this being so much in the public profile here and O/S .. imo they would have had to be in confidential contact with the QPS to ensure nothing could go wrong...

Yes, could be, however it is my understanding they would only get involved at the request of police.

Just back from taking sunflowers to the Kholo Bridge (thanks possumheart for the lovely idea) and did a quick drive by NBC's home - looks like nobody about. I thought I would also take a drive to the Brookfield markets and as I was nearing Allison's house a Prado with SETTLED numberplates (and a big ding on the front passenger side bumper bar) was driving towards me!! I just about had a heart attack. Did a quick u turn and ended up sighting it (with the Century 21 logo and telephone number on rear window) in the traffic on Moggill Road outside the Plaza. So unless the police were driving it...he has his car back and it's business as usual. The CM today states it is still impounded......not so.

I was very surprised last night when A. Sandy stated the cars were still impounded because I am pretty sure it was stated in the media long time ago that the cars had been returned (probably about a week or two after they took them). Thank you for confirming this!!! Great sleuthing!!

In theory, with some probability, it is possible. Not because they (women) had a motive or planned something, but because it happens between people involved in love triangles (or quadrants). No reason, no benefit, just a crime of passion.

Another theory is far from passion. GBC was in big trouble with his business. We can hypothesise, that he could have borrowed some money from, say, an unspecified biker gang. When the time came to pay, he could not. So the bikers could have demonstrated that they will stop at nothing to get their money back.
JMO.

Interesting ... but, if GBC had borrowed money from some gang or other - who later carried out the murder - the police would not be saying that ABC knew her killer.

I am a bit disappointed in the reporting of this case by the CM! Like stated by someone earlier in this forum, there seems to be no real "investigative" reporting going on. How can someone get it so wrong regarding cars being impounded or not??

Awwww that's so sweet of you to take flowers and thankyou for doing that :) I seen a while back that the cars were returned to GBC but i would have to search google to find the report. I can't understand how the journalists at CM keep saying the cars are still impounded. Oh well they are only human like everyone else and can get things wrong

I believe *if* the girls are in the care of GBC the police would *not* consider him a suspect..

As I mentioned previously DOCS would certainly be involved in such a tragic case as this, where there are children involved...DOCs and even the Dickies etc would have to have complete assurance from the police that it was not GBC and the girls were in absolutely no danger emotionally or physically...

ABC's murder and the ruthless dumping of her body is obviously the work of a completely unhinged out of control evil individual...Can you really imagine the Police/DOCS/Dickies etc allowing a possible suspect to be alone in any way with these little girls...Never imo as if he proved to be the perpetrator whilst a suspect to the QPS there would be a public outcry for allowing them to be ever alone with him because of what could have occurred...

Elspeth i'm not sure if you've read the responses to the last time you posted this - but I dont belive you are correct. If GBC is not an officlally named suspect by the police, and has no history of abuse of the children, and the children when seen by authorities appear to be well cared for, DOCS have no legal grounds to do anything. GBC is their father, and he has the legal right to their custody. Most likely nothing he has done that can be proven at this time indicates he will hurt the children. As someone else said before, DOCS are always totally overloaded and even kids who have experienced a degree of neglect and inappropriate parenting, possibly even mildly abusive behaviour are not always removed. They have to focus on the worst cases and work their way down.

Indromum you are not seeing ghosts. Here to CM dated 16 May, states that they had been released.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ives-in-darkness/story-fnat7jnn-1226357433253

I am a bit disappointed in the reporting of this case by the CM! Like stated by someone earlier in this forum, there seems to be no real "investigative" reporting going on. How can someone get it so wrong regarding cars being impounded or not??

A prime example of why you really can't trust the media. That's really really bad to get that wrong.

Whereas I don't believe DOCS would be openly/actively involved...imo they would have made behind the scenes confidential enquiries with the QPS to ensure the children were in a no risk environment...Moreso as they have undergone so much criticism in the past for overlooking children who were in at risk situations and with this being so much in the public profile here and O/S .. imo they would have had to be in confidential contact with the QPS to ensure nothing could go wrong...

Maybe so, but there wouldnt be much that could be done because of what I said previously. Weren't you saying that GBC couldnt be guilty, or considered a suspect by police, because the children haven't been removed from him? If so, the response is, yes he could still be guilty and considered as a suspect by police. They dont just remove children from suspects if the children appear to be cared for and there is no history of maltreatment. There are no legal grounds for doing so.

Oh nice of you to take the flowers. I thought the cars had not been returned yet, might have just happened.

Regarding the Prado having a damaged front bumper bar: A poster said some time ago that they witnessed police doing some testing at the bridge (something like measuring around the railings). This would now make sense, if they were trying to investigate any possible paint transfer from someone hitting the railings! Perhaps some white paint?

I saw a program once where detectives can actually establish the exact paint type and which car manufacturer used it (and on which models) according to the chemical composition of the paint removed from the scene or object.

ABC's murder and the ruthless dumping of her body is obviously the work of a completely unhinged out of control evil individual..

Elspeth, I couldn't agree with you more.. Allison's killer is a ' completely unhinged and out of control evil individual' - well said!

Tragic - the QPS believe that she knew her killer!

I couldn't see how recent the damage was..I was trying to take it all in after reading an hour before that is was impounded. It was quite significant though (the damage) for me to notice it at all -AND the numberplate AND a white Prado AND looking in my rear vision mirror to check it out further AND trying not to hyperventilate! lol

Regarding the Prado having a damaged front bumper bar: A poster said some time ago that they witnessed police doing some testing at the bridge (something like measuring around the railings). This would now make sense, if they were trying to investigate any possible paint transfer from someone hitting the railings! Perhaps some white paint?

I saw a program once where detectives can actually establish the exact paint type and which car manufacturer used it (and on which models) according to the chemical composition of the paint removed from the scene or object.

This is exactly what I was thinking...and then it crossed my mind that this sort of testing probably wouldn't take long; as they'd just be matching 2 samples, rather than identifying something...and surely putting his car at the scene where the body was found (along with other circumstantial evidence) would be reason enough for an arrest.

So IMO I believe the dent has either been ruled out, or did not provide any damning evidence.

I couldn't see how recent the damage was..I was trying to take it all in after reading an hour before that is was impounded. It was quite significant though (the damage) for me to notice it at all -AND the numberplate AND a white Prado AND looking in my rear vision mirror to check it out further AND trying not to hyperventilate! lol

:floorlaugh: ... and you made it home safely!

PS Possumheart-be careful at the parking area at Kholo Bridge - it's really muddy and it would be quite easy to get bogged.

I thought the prado had ALLISON number plates and the Captiva had the SETTLED plates? Though I guess he could have sold the Captiva and kept the prado as family car?? Interesting!!

GBC will be complaining that he's being stalked by some panting mad woman next ;)

Wow Indro.. Surprised you didn't run smack into a pole......:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member