Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I was thinking...and then it crossed my mind that this sort of testing probably wouldn't take long; as they'd just be matching 2 samples, rather than identifying something...and surely putting his car at the scene where the body was found (along with other circumstantial evidence) would be reason enough for an arrest.

So IMO I believe the dent has either been ruled out, or do not provide any damning evidence.

... or it might just be one more piece of the huge puzzle! Apparently the Prado was normally driven by Allison, so he could say he has no idea how that dent happened!

This is exactly what I was thinking...and then it crossed my mind that this sort of testing probably wouldn't take long; as they'd just be matching 2 samples, rather than identifying something...and surely putting his car at the scene where the body was found (along with other circumstantial evidence) would be reason enough for an arrest.

So IMO I believe the dent has either been ruled out, or did not provide any damning evidence.

I have no idea how this works - I'm into science, not law. Do you think that placing him at the scene is the issue? The cars my have been there - but you can't place him behind the wheel? And this is where reasonable doubt may come in - case has to be watertight?

JMO

I am a bit disappointed in the reporting of this case by the CM! Like stated by someone earlier in this forum, there seems to be no real "investigative" reporting going on. How can someone get it so wrong regarding cars being impounded or not??

Sounds like old news again and a few of( websleuths Kimsters )questions but no answers :what:

I have no idea how this works - I'm into science, not law. Do you think that placing him at the scene is the issue? The cars my have been there - but you can't place him behind the wheel? And this is where reasonable doubt may come in - case has to be watertight?

JMO

There could be doubt if someone else had access to the keys...I guess it could be argued that it is possible that Allison could have been the one who drove her car to the location, and that her "unknown" killer returned it (...and the keys?).

I would be interested to know where the keys were. They weren't mentioned by police when the search was on; so you would assume they either weren't missing or they were one of the "personal items" found by police.

Interesting ... but, if GBC had borrowed money from some gang or other - who later carried out the murder - the police would not be saying that ABC knew her killer.
I would not be sure about it. Reading the CM's Focus stays on clues in search for killer of Allison Baden-Clay leaves me puzzled: what do the police know then? Basically, all key questions remain unanswered. From what they know, which seems not a lot, does not follow there is a hard evidence that Allison knew the killer.

What in theory could indicate that a victim knew the killer? Things like letting someone in the house late at night, going with someone outside late at night, getting in someone's car, etc. So there should be some indications that Allison went for a walk with someone or that someone visited her after 10pm on the 19th of April. I personally find it hard to imagine a lady who paid certain money for her hairdo and then went for a walk in the rain.

I thought the prado had ALLISON number plates and the Captiva had the SETTLED plates? Though I guess he could have sold the Captiva and kept the prado as family car?? Interesting!!
I am only reporting what I saw...maybe a Brookfield resident can help us out. I just can't believe he is driving around in such an obvious car...number plate & signage on rear window!!! Still shocked.......
I can forget the housework today.

I am only reporting what I saw...maybe a Brookfield resident can help us out. I just can't believe he is driving around in such an obvious car...number plate & signage on rear window!!! Still shocked.......

That would creep me out just a bit. I asked someone a couple of days ago had the cars been released and was told no but that could have changed.

Just back from taking sunflowers to the Kholo Bridge (thanks possumheart for the lovely idea) and did a quick drive by NBC's home - looks like nobody about. I thought I would also take a drive to the Brookfield markets and as I was nearing Allison's house a Prado with SETTLED numberplates (and a big ding on the front passenger side bumper bar) was driving towards me!! I just about had a heart attack. Did a quick u turn and ended up sighting it (with the Century 21 logo and telephone number on rear window) in the traffic on Moggill Road outside the Plaza. So unless the police were driving it...he has his car back and it's business as usual. The CM today states it is still impounded......not so.
PS Possumheart-be careful at the parking area at Kholo Bridge - it's really muddy and it would be quite easy to get bogged.

Wow, thanks indromum! I thought locals said the prado had ALLISON number plates though, and the captiva had SETTLED? Confused..... Interesting about the ding too.

Oh shelbinator is a few steps ahead I've just realized :)

Sorry, but I disagree. It seems DOCS have failed other children who were in dire situations, with long histories of risk. I don't think DOCS would be involved in a case where the father is not an official suspect and has not been charged with anything. There seems to be no history of these children having been at risk at any time. All my opinion.

So true . GBC hasn't been charged or even officially named as a POI so there is no reason to remove the children . Im sure they are watching his comings and goings very closely and if they thought he was about to implode and hurt the children ,intervention would occur . Police would be aware that he is using the children like a shield and thus might feel untouchable , get a bit cocky , let his defences down and make a mistake. Its a bit of a waiting game as the police consolidate their case. I believe at some stage he will slip up , an errant text message or email and they are just waiting and slowly silently tightening the rope as he hangs himself . (figuratively speaking only )

A prime example of why you really can't trust the media. That's really really bad to get that wrong.

I agree, it is poor form by CM. also, note the sleepover is today reported as being the Friday night, but I fully expect that we will see it reported again at some stage that it was the Thursday night. They are not helping us get the facts straight!

JMO

I just realised that leaving the keys in the car would be a great way to cast doubt over the driver. Even if the cars were positively identified by witnesses, without being able to identify the driver, it would mean nothing...especially if a POI's DNA was already all through the car.

Whereas I don't believe DOCS would be openly/actively involved...imo they would have made behind the scenes confidential enquiries with the QPS to ensure the children were in a no risk environment...Moreso as they have undergone so much criticism in the past for overlooking children who were in at risk situations and with this being so much in the public profile here and O/S .. imo they would have had to be in confidential contact with the QPS to ensure nothing could go wrong...

There may be 'behind the scenes' risk assessments being done. Perhaps that was what the hospitalisation of GBC was in the few days post accident - a mh risk assessment (also evidence to rule out any possible future mh defence). There may also be other professionals providing support to GBC and the girls in these few weeks who would also be watching for any signs of risk. Dont forget - they also go to school and would be seen by their teachers etc and I am sure, if there was a whiff of neglect or any other risk identified - would be quick to step in with perhaps kinship carers being most appropriate. I would imagine GBC would be having some input from his parents in supporting the children - otherwise how could he run his business and help the children through this terrible time. JMO.

Yeah, also isn't' "training" a tax deduction for businesses?

yes and it is also quite typical for the conference organisors of franchise conferences a to make money out of these events as opposed to company conferences. i.e Century 21 chairman & co to charge the franchisee office $7500.00 to attend and their actual cost per office may only be $4000
$3500 x 75 office's = over $200,000!
nice weekend huh...
you can always rely on franshisors to have the leg up!!
...or is it leg over..

I was very surprised last night when A. Sandy stated the cars were still impounded because I am pretty sure it was stated in the media long time ago that the cars had been returned (probably about a week or two after they took them). Thank you for confirming this!!! Great sleuthing!!
INDROMUM: Good sleuthing.

Remember the legal system in criminal cases works on REASONABLE doubt, not the slightest hint of uncertainty, if either of those cars can be proven via forensics either electronic or organic to have been at Kholo Creek on the night in question then my guess is that is game up for Baden Clay.

I mean how else did they get there, some kids stole them went for a joy ride to Anstead and then kindly returned them?

JMO
Spot on CJ60, but then access to the vehicles, keys, etc need to be determined.

Remember the legal system in criminal cases works on REASONABLE doubt, not the slightest hint of uncertainty, if either of those cars can be proven via forensics either electronic or organic to have been at Kholo Creek on the night in question then my guess is that is game up for Baden Clay.

I mean how else did they get there, some kids stole them went for a joy ride to Anstead and then kindly returned them?

Thanks Petro.

So if they can place the cars at Kholo, it doesn't matter that they can't place G behind the wheel? All over, red rover for G?

The news yesterday that the police are interviewing a NSW woman about events that happened leading up to the murder, IMO gives a lot of credit to the premeditated theory.

Perhaps by now regarding the cars, as someone has said GBC has sold the Captiva and the Allison plates.

Spot on CJ60, but then access to the vehicles, keys, etc need to be determined.

Thanks Fuskier!

I always thought even if the cars were there - you would have to prove G was behind the wheel; without eyewitnesses placing him at the scene, you only have circumstantial evidence. And this is where 'doubt' could come in - defence could say someone else was behind the wheel - no proof it was G.

But highly unlikely! I don't buy the theory of the mystery friend 'Stealth' returning the car and keys back to the BC residence.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member