Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been following the Andrew Ettingshausen affair outing?

I thought of GBC when they were saying ET said he was depressed and was suffering from Dissociation Disorder. Very suss and I don't fall for it for one moment, particularly as it was a one year affair! Anyway, there was a psychologist explaining it saying with depression you can get this DD and at any given time you can only think about the immediate effects of your actions or some such and not be able to think of the full consequences. A load of BS of you ask me!

Anyway, it sounds like something a defence lawyering team would put forward as a strategy.
Yes agree NADS. After sentancing of a young, triple murderer in Adelaide recently, the DPP spoke out in the media stating the place of psychology in the Criminal Court system had become problematic. I agree. It is time we questioned this defence strategy with good reason. Many are raised in less than ideal situations, yet do not go on to commit murder. People need to be held accountable for their crimes so after the Criminal Court process, introduce Psychology for their rehabilitation journey. My opinion only, not fact.

Re this news article, "Focus stays on clues in search for killer of Allison Baden-Clay," Courier Mail:

the link showing the place where Allison's body was found (see "Kholo Creek in Anstead") currently goes to a suburban street in Mt Crosby instead.

Here is the same map location, but zoomed in a bit.

It's probably just a mistake - maybe the link was added automatically or something - but if such an obvious error can get through and be published, that's a worry.

Yes, that is a worry. I don't imagine the people living in those houses are too impressed either. Unless there's an accidental clue there.(Nah, I'm not going there) : )

you haven't had the painstaking fortune of sitting through countless conferences in your time then I guess TRUE. I have attended dozens and dozens of conferences across a few different industry sectors over a 30 year period that would look no different to this conference within a 3 minute promo video I am afraid!

it has all the usual trimmings of an in-house conference: workshops, guest speakers, awards and awards night (dancing and looking terribly sillly after several glasses of cheap champagne and red wine!), usual BS from the head honcho where you are supposed to kiss their feet because they are just so dam brainy and popular (chunder), and the dreaded group photo!

nothing out of place here, apart from his dancing of course and a very gay demeanour...that s the only thing that stands out to me...

oh forgot, and of course the part they can't show you in the promo video....the countless sleeze, the 2 am pool parties with no clothes on, the corridors busy all night with people returning to their 'own' rooms from 'another' room..
Then they fly home to their spouse and children and wipe it from them memory bank!
Some clearly can't do that apparently and like to visit the buffet again and again
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads Has anyone been following the Andrew Ettingshausen affair outing?

I thought of GBC when they were saying ET said he was depressed and was suffering from Dissociation Disorder. Very suss and I don't fall for it for one moment, particularly as it was a one year affair! Anyway, there was a psychologist explaining it saying with depression you can get this DD and at any given time you can only think about the immediate effects of your actions or some such and not be able to think of the full consequences. A load of BS of you ask me!

Anyway, it sounds like something a defence lawyering team would put forward as a strategy.

Yes agree NADS. After sentancing of a young, triple murderer in Adelaide recently, the DPP spoke out in the media stating the place of psychology in the Criminal Court system had become problematic. I agree. It is time we questioned this defence strategy with good reason. Many are raised in less than ideal situations, yet do not go on to commit murder. People need to be held accountable for their crimes so after the Criminal Court process, introduce Psychology for their rehabilitation journey. My opinion only, not fact.

I'm all for the use of psychology but I think the line has to be drawn somewhere. If this sort of thing keeps up we are going to need greater numbers of experts for each case putting forward their opinions and the likelihood of certain things. Dissociative Disorder? I wonder how that differs from someone dissociating for brief periods ie something like in laymans terms 'switching off' and going into denial, or ' blocking out' so they can avoid facing something they don't like. It's more of a choice and a mental technique that irresponsible people could use so they can continue with bad behaviour IMO. Or a state that is temporary and at least partially controllable if the desire to be responsible for your actions was strong enough.

To make a comparison it's like someone described on here the difference between feeling depressed, and suffering from clinical depression. Except even feeling depressed is not so much of a choice.

Would be interested in some professional views on this. I only have basic knowledge. Concerns me that this Dissociative Disorder could be used for any callous person who behaves appallingly or even commits crimes. I suspect that most murderers probably switch off, block out, or 'dissociate' from what they have done to assist them to carry on. Do they all have Dissociative Disorder and how would you know the difference? This is very concerning trend, I could foresee every single murderer or violent criminal using this as a defence.

Oh look, I don't know him either, apparently. I thought I did ... I once did ... but not anymore. You're completely on the money in terms of your reportage - I am a little behind the eight ball. I have now caught up on th GC conference. The footage is telling ... GBC is not a drinker and her looks as though he's three early sheets to the wind there. Who knows what he spouted off about his wife that night? Maybe the only reason they're interviewing this NSW person is because GBC made a drunken confession to her about how much he'd like to "change" his life.

"not a drinker"..... Still think those large pupils are a sign (photos posted many threads back....might also explain where some of the money went....IMO, purely speculation

I must have missed that too. Looks like more posts were deleted by mods again last night.

I think the big name referred to was Charles Tarby, owner of Century 21. Someone pointed out that if more people are being questioned including big names, it will place pressure on the perp because big names have a lot more at stake if their names are dragged through the mud.

They all say it's over with their wife and they are only staying for the kids!

First timer here. Been following from the start though. Just on sunrise 7am news re interviewing nsw associate.... footage actually showed the woman wiping away tears behind a window at a c21 office. Nor sure if this was on news last night as I missed it but you get quite a good view of her. Can't find footage online as yet.

Sent from my Liquid Metal using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't find anything on-line unfortunately.
Are you able to elaborate on what they showed. The location or description would be good : )

I think the big name referred to was Charles Tarby, owner of Century 21. Someone pointed out that if more people are being questioned including big names, it will place pressure on the perp because big names have a lot more at stake if their names are dragged through the mud.

Aaahh gotcha thanks. Didn't think any famous lady would have stooped so low. LOL

Well.. They did not get Gordon Wood or Gabe Watson.

Hey Grannie, Gordon Wood may not be in prison for his crime (don't know if you have read the book, but IMO it was only an inexperienced constable first on the scene that called into question vital evidence against him), BUT he has a life sentence. He lives here in Adelaide with his family and everyone knows him. When he goes out for coffee people just stare. Mud sticks.

Couldn't find anything on-line unfortunately.
Are you able to elaborate on what they showed. The location or description would be good : )

A large 2 story c21 office. Couldn't make out smaller writing on the building as in a location. They then cut to footage zooming into the office window and there were 2 brunettes, 1 sitting and 1 standing. The sitting lady was wiping tears away with a tissue.

I believe *if* the girls are in the care of GBC the police would *not* consider him a suspect..

As I mentioned previously DOCS would certainly be involved in such a tragic case as this, where there are children involved...DOCs and even the Dickies etc would have to have complete assurance from the police that it was not GBC and the girls were in absolutely no danger emotionally or physically...

ABC's murder and the ruthless dumping of her body is obviously the work of a completely unhinged out of control evil individual...Can you really imagine the Police/DOCS/Dickies etc allowing a possible suspect to be alone in any way with these little girls...Never imo as if he proved to be the perpetrator whilst a suspect to the QPS there would be a public outcry for allowing them to be ever alone with him because of what could have occurred...

I believe *if* the girls are in the care of GBC the police would *not* consider him a suspect..

As I mentioned previously DOCS would certainly be involved in such a tragic case as this, where there are children involved...DOCs and even the Dickies etc would have to have complete assurance from the police that it was not GBC and the girls were in absolutely no danger emotionally or physically...

ABC's murder and the ruthless dumping of her body is obviously the work of a completely unhinged out of control evil individual...Can you really imagine the Police/DOCS/Dickies etc allowing a possible suspect to be alone in any way with these little girls...Never imo as if he proved to be the perpetrator whilst a suspect to the QPS there would be a public outcry for allowing them to be ever alone with him because of what could have occurred...

Sorry, but I disagree. It seems DOCS have failed other children who were in dire situations, with long histories of risk. I don't think DOCS would be involved in a case where the father is not an official suspect and has not been charged with anything. There seems to be no history of these children having been at risk at any time. All my opinion.

A large 2 story c21 office. Couldn't make out smaller writing on the building as in a location. They then cut to footage zooming into the office window and there were 2 brunettes, 1 sitting and 1 standing. The sitting lady was wiping tears away with a tissue.

That piece of video (women) seems to be old IMO.

you haven't had the painstaking fortune of sitting through countless conferences in your time then I guess TRUE. I have attended dozens and dozens of conferences across a few different industry sectors over a 30 year period that would look no different to this conference within a 3 minute promo video I am afraid!

it has all the usual trimmings of an in-house conference: workshops, guest speakers, awards and awards night (dancing and looking terribly sillly after several glasses of cheap champagne and red wine!), usual BS from the head honcho where you are supposed to kiss their feet because they are just so dam brainy and popular (chunder), and the dreaded group photo!

nothing out of place here, apart from his dancing of course and a very gay demeanour...that s the only thing that stands out to me...

Hilarious - so true re conferences! It seems they are the same across the industries - cringe. And to be honest I've seen a fair bit of dancing like gbc's at the many I've attended unfortunately....

Hilarious - so true re conferences! It seems they are the same across the industries - cringe. And to be honest I've seen a fair bit of dancing like gbc's at the many I've attended unfortunately....

Yeah, also isn't' "training" a tax deduction for businesses?

This is the century 21 Taringa office .

Sorry, but I disagree. It seems DOCS have failed other children who were in dire situations, with long histories of risk. I don't think DOCS would be involved in a case where the father is not an official suspect and has not been charged with anything. There seems to be no history of these children having been at risk at any time. All my opinion.

Whereas I don't believe DOCS would be openly/actively involved...imo they would have made behind the scenes confidential enquiries with the QPS to ensure the children were in a no risk environment...Moreso as they have undergone so much criticism in the past for overlooking children who were in at risk situations and with this being so much in the public profile here and O/S .. imo they would have had to be in confidential contact with the QPS to ensure nothing could go wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat