Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered for a while if police have found the phone, just as they haven't mentioned for ages that they are still searching for it, and they stopped asking the public to still keep an eye out for it.

The lack of talk about the phone has me curious too.

I'm not sure if this is right, but they said that the phone had gone flat while they were searching for it (I'll need to find a link), but the way it was worded, I got the impression they were pinging the phone and had narrowed down it's location to "an area believed to be near the two neighbours and the Baden-Clay property itself", but then the phone went flat and they lost the signal.

Can anyone else confirm if this is a general description of how they would search for the phone?

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/hor...ns/story-e6frfkvr-1226343136055#ixzz1wdjjkti0

Thanks very much to everyone for the exceedingly warm welcome :)

Just some information regarding the discovery of Allison's body and the evidence that lead forensics/police to determine that Allison was deceased before her body was dumped. I apologise for the length of this post and doubly so if there are any members who are disturbed or upset by any of the subject matter.

When a human body has been discovered and the crime scene properly secured, the police will then work in conjunction with active investigating personnel to gather evidence and to attempt to pinpoint a cause of death. It is generally the police on scene who will initially note the position of the body and to record any obvious injuries or possible cause/s of death. The police will also note the physical conditions of the crime scene and any obvious evidence such a footprints, vehicle impressions, weapons, etc.

The forensics team on site will generally consist of one or two death investigators, a forensic photographer and any other experts that police feel might be able to assist with the investigation such as a ballistics expert or an expert in detecting trace elements and blood patterns. They will then work with police (generally, at this point, with assigned homicide detectives) to establish whether the death took place at the crime scene, whether there have been any attempts to tamper with or alter the crime scene, if the crime scene suggests correlating factors such as burglary or drug abuse, if the cause of death is obvious and if there are clues to suggest how the death occurred.

It is reasonable to assume that police and other personnel established at a fairly early point that the location of Allison's body was not the actual scene of her death. Circumstances that lead them to that opinion were possibly based on a number of factors, most notably the condition of her body, the fact that the area had been subjected to heavy rain and it was very likely that her body had travelled some distance, whether great or small, the position of her body and the lack of physical or forensic evidence at the scene.

It is my belief that the condition of Allison's body was more than likely a major factor in establishing that she was not killed where she was found and that she was dumped under the bridge after death.

As in Allison's case where no visible signs of foul play were perhaps immediately evident, a forensic entomologist is then employed to establish whether or not drowning was the official cause of death and when the approximate time of death occurred. Once drowning has been ruled out, the body is examined for other evidence of foul play and for the presence of pupae and other insects. These pupae are crucial in determining an approximate time or date of death and their presence can tell a forensic entomologist a lot about where the body has been. Blood pooling under the surface of the skin and rigor mortis would also have been taken into account to establish time of death.

Determining whether injuries suffered to the body occurred post or ante mortem is usually left to the coroner, but it should be noted that a body will decompose at a much slower rate in running water than it will in stagnant water, and obviously in cold water as opposed to warm. That said, lividity is most common in the head, neck and chest areas where victims have been submerged in water after death and then re-surfaced. This can make it very difficult to determine an "obvious" cause of death simply by looking at the body, particularly in cases where strangulation has been the cause of death.

Hi Pirathemes - somone earlier said that you were a "breath of fresh air". I second that!!! Very informative posts. Have you worked in a related industry?

Hi all,
Another here who has been reading from the start. I decided to register and post, because I often found myself wanting to ask questions about comments made here. I don't have any strong/alternative theories of my own. Just a respectful curiosity and interest in justice being served.
voxpop

Once drowning has been ruled out, the body is examined for other evidence of foul play and for the presence of pupae and other insects. These pupae are crucial in determining an approximate time or date of death and their presence can tell a forensic entomologist a lot about where the body has been.

Is there a forensic entomologist working for QPS or QH in that role? I'm interested to know.

Hi I'm new. Been reading since day1. Every single thread.I hope what I say now will not cause too much trouble. This is what I think happened to lovely Allison that night.
Hairdressers.
Dinner and argument ( money business his-lover etc)
Home again and arguing again. DV is getting out of control. Marriage is over.she's caught him lying again. iPhone app "find my phone " , maybe?
Allison starts packing his things. He is putting them back again and he refuses to leave.
The footy show is on and she turns it off and tells him to get out. ( other words are exchanged,and they both know this time it's over) He says no, I'm not going out its too late. Im going to bed in spare room. Children are at sleepover at Gbcs parents house.
He sees her sitting on couch crying when he leaves the room. (he hated that she turned off the footy show)
Allison decides to go to bed too but later.
Meanwhile , in spare room , He rings the lover? and tells her its really bad here , his marriage is over and she knows about the affair and his lying to her. Lover says she is celebrating her new job home alone . They decide to comfort eachother. Gbc sneeks out later , thinking Allison is asleep , to meet lover at empty brookfield house (his listed and empty 4 sale property and he has keys ) and owner living in sydney maybe? Latest news Sydney ?
Allison cant sleep and hears his car leaving and she follows him just knowing he's off to see the lover. ( Uses the find my iphone app maybe - if they share itune credits) She turns her lights off where there is no traffic - so he doesn't spot that she is following him. Or turns her headlights off when she finds him. She waits and watches and confronts them. (screams heard at brookfield) She screams as she is confronting them and gbc covers her mouth to get her to stop and pushes her back into her car and closes the door.
He drives off and she follows them. She ends up following them but is so so shaken and upset she doesnt notice her lights are still off. She follows them around Brookfield , up to kenmore roundabout , back down brookfield road, up to anstead expecting he will stop soon and face her again with his affair. She is so upset that this affair is happening. he doesn't stop he just drives slowly and so this continues for a while.
Remembering that
2 cars were sighted that night at Anstead and at or near the Kolo creek Bridge. Strange sighting at roundabout could be car with no lights on following another car.
We know a white 4wd , lights off, was following a smaller bluish 4wd. (I'm guessing it's actually silver)
When I first heard this , and knowing other information about lover and DV, my first thought was that Allison was driving her prado ( its her car) following / tailing her husband ( in his car) because she caught him with his lover in his car, after their argument that night.
( the ding seen on the left pasenger bumper sighted by possumheart on sat is what has strengthened my first impression)
Allison probably hit the rail on the bridge, following too closely, and then she has got out to check it. Gbc has stopped and also got out. Gbc is Very very angry!!! Narcisstic rage!
Girlfriend probably stays in his car.
DV continues at or near the bridge and he strangles her, pushing her down the embankment and she fights him with everything shes got to get him off her. She sadly dies there. (no evidence because of later rain) He leaves her there under the bridge. This maybe happened in just under 5 mins. No cars drive past - so knowone knows but them. No witnesses to actual murder.
He gets back in his car and since Allison left her keys and phone in her car, the girlfriend drives Allison's car back to the house. Girlfriend leaves no DNA. Police find no DNA in Allison's car.
Police then return the Prado (Allison's) but keep Gbcs car because they find his blood in it from that night and another woman's DNA.(Only the ding in the prado needs explaining.)
Gbc drives his car and lover back to her black? car that was left at listed house. ( black car that was seen outside empty house thats for sale at brookfield ?) They cleanup gbc and she puts makeup on his scars or tells him to use makeup on his scars. he goes home and lover drives through kenmore roundabout to go home. (late sighting)
He then erases the evening and is convinced noone saw them. He maintains his story that he last saw her around 10pm when he went to bed, and she was sitting watching the footy show. (His statement has a cunning little twist there , he will make her watch it in his story) ( this is narcissist psychotic rage and lies )
If his parents are involved ,I think it would be implicated rather than involved.
Father maybe asked to help tidy up house after last nights fight or maybe father was just frantically out looking for Allison ,after gbc phoned him and told him she was missing later that night.
I have used all the clues i have read here and drawn on what I know about Narcissism, Money, Power , and DV all mixed together .
This is an evil combination and sadly Allison didn't see it for what it was and it was too late. If it doesn't erase you , kill you, when you realise you need to get yourself and your children out, it will forever stalk you.
Gbc rang his solicitor because that is what narcissists do. It's only about him, his false persona that he has created and will fight to the bitter end. He is the master of false appearances and he will have no trouble lying and deceiving to get what he wants- to have everyone believe he is innocent!!! Oh and this will be his excuse for his money and business failings too.
Rest in peace Allison .

I posted this late last night and I am worried readers may have skipped it whilst catching up today.
I know it's long , but please read it as (it took me ages to type) :please:
I have such a strong sense that Allison was driving her car that night.
Also, the police observations in the morning at the house - they would have spoken to the husband, :detective: who is covered in scratches, hands shaking, avoiding eye contact. Blood still oozing maybe. :what::eek:
Gbc would have known that they saw this. :what:That's why he didn't, want to be interviewed at Indro, because he knew allowed be asked specifically about those scratches. He needed to avoid that interview and have a bloody good reason why he couldn't go. ( hmmmm... Doctors letter? :panic: forgot to go :panic: slept in? soooo on the way it came to him... Accident :eek:kay:
Solicitor WAS following him to police station that day, so he also had a witness to ring police to say " he's a little bit hurt but he's ok" just some minor injuries cuts and brushing scratches , from the airbag of course. :violin:
Narcissists are very very clever at finding one solution to many problems. Scratches, avoiding interview, witness, Killing 4 birds with one stone , at Indro that day.

interesting now they are interviewing ANOTHER women in NSW that he met at a conference.

The lack of talk about the phone has me curious too.

I'm not sure if this is right, but they said that the phone had gone flat while they were searching for it (I'll need to find a link), but the way it was worded, I got the impression they were pinging the phone and had narrowed down it's location to "an area believed to be near the two neighbours and the Baden-Clay property itself", but then the phone went flat and they lost the signal.

Can anyone else confirm if this is a general description of how they would search for the phone?

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/hor...ns/story-e6frfkvr-1226343136055#ixzz1wdjjkti0
An iPhone app " where's my phone" gbc would have it and he would know where he hid it

interesting now they are interviewing ANOTHER women in NSW that he met at a conference.

They don't say it's "another woman". They say they are interviewing a female collegue who is in Sydney. I wondered about this yesterday Squizzey. Was wondering whether it was the same one they have already interviewed but they had to go to Sydney to do it as she went down there to escape the the whole thing?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-nsw-badenclay-connection-20120601-1zmy5.html

They don't say it's "another woman". They say they are interviewing a female collegue who is in Sydney. I wondered about this yesterday Squizzey. Was wondering whether it was the same one they have already interviewed but they had to go to Sydney to do it as she went down there to escape the the whole thing?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-nsw-badenclay-connection-20120601-1zmy5.html

It was stated that he met her at a conference; but the previous woman interviewed worked at his office.

IMO the information on this interview was only released (days after it happened) to "stir the pot".

Thanks very much to everyone for the exceedingly warm welcome :)

Just some information regarding the discovery of Allison's body and the evidence that lead forensics/police to determine that Allison was deceased before her body was dumped. I apologise for the length of this post and doubly so if there are any members who are disturbed or upset by any of the subject matter.

When a human body has been discovered and the crime scene properly secured, the police will then work in conjunction with active investigating personnel to gather evidence and to attempt to pinpoint a cause of death. It is generally the police on scene who will initially note the position of the body and to record any obvious injuries or possible cause/s of death. The police will also note the physical conditions of the crime scene and any obvious evidence such a footprints, vehicle impressions, weapons, etc.

The forensics team on site will generally consist of one or two death investigators, a forensic photographer and any other experts that police feel might be able to assist with the investigation such as a ballistics expert or an expert in detecting trace elements and blood patterns. They will then work with police (generally, at this point, with assigned homicide detectives) to establish whether the death took place at the crime scene, whether there have been any attempts to tamper with or alter the crime scene, if the crime scene suggests correlating factors such as burglary or drug abuse, if the cause of death is obvious and if there are clues to suggest how the death occurred.

It is reasonable to assume that police and other personnel established at a fairly early point that the location of Allison's body was not the actual scene of her death. Circumstances that lead them to that opinion were possibly based on a number of factors, most notably the condition of her body, the fact that the area had been subjected to heavy rain and it was very likely that her body had travelled some distance, whether great or small, the position of her body and the lack of physical or forensic evidence at the scene.

It is my belief that the condition of Allison's body was more than likely a major factor in establishing that she was not killed where she was found and that she was dumped under the bridge after death.

As in Allison's case where no visible signs of foul play were perhaps immediately evident, a forensic entomologist is then employed to establish whether or not drowning was the official cause of death and when the approximate time of death occurred. Once drowning has been ruled out, the body is examined for other evidence of foul play and for the presence of pupae and other insects. These pupae are crucial in determining an approximate time or date of death and their presence can tell a forensic entomologist a lot about where the body has been. Blood pooling under the surface of the skin and rigor mortis would also have been taken into account to establish time of death.

Determining whether injuries suffered to the body occurred post or ante mortem is usually left to the coroner, but it should be noted that a body will decompose at a much slower rate in running water than it will in stagnant water, and obviously in cold water as opposed to warm. That said, lividity is most common in the head, neck and chest areas where victims have been submerged in water after death and then re-surfaced. This can make it very difficult to determine an "obvious" cause of death simply by looking at the body, particularly in cases where strangulation has been the cause of death.

Based on the process that is followed to determine a cause of death, the police are more than likely keeping whatever evidence they discovered out of the public eye at this point in their investigation. It is almost impossible to logically accept that there were no visible or obvious signs of foul play present on Allison's body at the time she was discovered, especially given that police released a statement saying that they were confident that they knew how she was killed.

It all adds to the mystery of her disappearance and death, but I have every confidence that the QPS are doing everything they can do gather all the evidence they need to make an arrest. I hope some of this information has been useful or at least shed some light on the processes involved in determining cause and time of death.

Welcome and great post. :)

It was stated that he met her at a conference; but the previous woman interviewed worked at his office.

No it doesn't, it says she was an associate in the link I provided. Can you provide the link that says they met at a conference please?

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/05/31/1226375/903694-cm-baden-clay-creek.jpg

Here's another view of the bank. Not sure if you guys have seen this. Interesting because it doesnt seem to show a ledge like some of the other photos, more a gradual slope.

In this shot, the standing policeman and the body (shown in the other shot) would be under water (high tide). If you compare this shot with the other one taken from the other side: In the previous shot, the body is near the pylon (low tide), in this one, that area is under water. IMO.

Thanks, hadn't seen that.

What on earth do these women see in him? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members