Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the police know who did it, they're just gathering enough evidence to make sure the charge sticks, and no doubt investigating and clearing anyone else who could be implicated before the defence tries to show locals with similar vehicles etc to the suspect/s 'might have' been responsible. There is already a high likelihood of a range of physical evidence being held in addition to anything circumstantial.

Read back on Hawkins and other's posts, if we think about the scientific and legal implications instead of the raw emotion, we can be pretty sure the person/people responsible are going to have their time in Court. There is nothing in the way the QPS are behaving that is vastly different to past investigations.

Much as we'd all like to lynch someone as soon as we have more than reasonable doubt, the police have to deal with highly qualified legal people whose sole job it will be to make sure their client is found not guilty. If Hawkins says he has faith in the current Commissioner, I have read enough of his posts to have faith too.

The :jail: will come.

Yay!!!! Where have you been??? :woohoo:

Hi Keyboredom - can you remember in earlier stories from the MSM regarding the phone, if the phone they were reporting on was actually Allison's? What if the missing phone is actually GBC's; his private one not his work one and Allison found something on the phone that caused an argument or she has stormed out with the phone?

is there any evidence that gerard was violent to his wife? that's a horrible thing to level at a bloke if not, imho.

I personally can't say if Gerard was violent to his wife or not. However there does seem to be a persistent rumour that a Domestic Violence Order was taken out on Gerard and that at one stage he'd pushed Allison down the stairs and broken her leg. Shocking if true but as I said, it seems to be a rumour at this stage.

I've thought about this too...if any attempted calls to 000 they'd show up at the call centre??...or.... her parents or friends had "missed calls" from her...or she made calls to one of GBC'S girlfriends or his parents??

But if ABC called GBCs parents there would be a record on the BC senior phone, implicating them in something that night i.e. at least in having had contact with ABC after GBC went to bed. But then again she could have contacted the senior BCs all the time to arrange looking after kids etc... so maybe it would not be perceived as that unusual either.

In a lot of ways if the phone was intentionally disposed of to cover something incriminating the killer, it is more likely ABC contacted someone else (unknown to us) that we could assume was "known to her" eg friend, colleague, lover, relative... the list is endless.

Taking the theory full circle maybe GBC disposed of the phone to create this confusion/doubt in the investigation?! Clever tacting (MOO).

On reflection its most likely the phone simply fell in the mud!

Nah, the police know who did it, they're just gathering enough evidence to make sure the charge sticks, and no doubt investigating and clearing anyone else who could be implicated before the defence tries to show locals with similar vehicles etc to the suspect/s 'might have' been responsible. There is already a high likelihood of a range of physical evidence being held in addition to anything circumstantial.

Read back on Hawkins and other's posts, if we think about the scientific and legal implications instead of the raw emotion, we can be pretty sure the person/people responsible are going to have their time in Court. There is nothing in the way the QPS are behaving that is vastly different to past investigations.

Much as we'd all like to lynch someone as soon as we have more than reasonable doubt, the police have to deal with highly qualified legal people whose sole job it will be to make sure their client is found not guilty. If Hawkins says he has faith in the current Commissioner, I have read enough of his posts to have faith too.

The :jail: will come.

tick, tick, tick, then bang it will be celebrations here. :fireworks2:

Allisons sister said, "Allison, there are many questions that are unanswered, many pieces of the puzzle that need to be put together, and we your family pledge to you that we will have all questions answered."

How good would this be for them when this wish is granted?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/justice-for-allison-her-familys-vow-20120511-1ygrm.html

On the night of 19th it was cloudy & dark..no moon (possumheart??), very light showers were recorded in Brisbane & surrounding areas. Very little or no rain was recorded in Brisbane until the weekend prior to the body being found..28th - 29th April... some residents said they recorded around 100mm.

No moon! A bit cloudy and very dark, yes. I was on the road that night (no it wasn't me!) and I did fixate on the moon and stuff when I heard.

I am currently drinking margaritas here with some Brookfielders. That's how I roll.

It took me a while to get it Hawkins as I originally thought you had some sort of inside knowledge of his whereabouts.......tee hee! :hypno:

:rolling:

Hi first timer here, As I read your posts all sorts of things go through my head in regards to how one could remain so composed if they had in fact been party to such an inhumane act as ABC's murder. Firstly one would be so paranoid about talking to the accomplice/s, in case the conversation was being listened to i.e. listening devices being placed.At the same time the perps would feel an incredible need to support on another to vent and be sure the other was not crumbling with guilt IMO.Therefore it would be very much in their interest to find a 'Safe Space' to meet.What better place than the 5th. Story ?? of a highrise building with a shared reception (where visitors have to be announced, then accepted ) for his own privacy. Not to mention the security the place would have for the benefit of it's tenants. I would think he could even reject police through the receptionist , if he didn't want to see them. No chance of bugging the 'Safe place'. In my humble opinion people who are under survelance or suspicion (guilty or innocent) would need support and a 'Safe' place' to talk. What better place than the room he has chosen IMO.

Mother Goose - I think he would be safer in a park. Those offices have suspended ceilings and they are notoriously easy to bug.

Interesting post mum73. This is my virgin post after reading all your posts for a couple of weeks with great interest. I agree that the angle being pushed from GBC side of the family all along has been - Allison was depressed. I know for a fact that this was communicated by OW to their church where her husband is a Pastor. Initially they requested prayer for 'a relative who had 3 small children who had gone missing and was depressed.' I can only assume this was what OW thought was true as she seemed to have a close relationship with ABC even though they lived a long way apart at the time of death. They used to live closer until a few years ago- the W family also lived in Brisbane. I don't think OW would or could be part of anything sinister. All just my opinion of course.

I wouldn't be giving any of the BC's or Waltons for that matter a 'free pass' on this occasion IMO. Blood is still thicker than water, this will never change.
This whole depression thing was just so blatantly said on the hop.
If she was genuinely suffering from ongoing depression and he had no idea where his wife was then I'm quite sure he would have managed to blurt it out in that interview. But he didn't because he probably hadn't been briefed yet by the clan 'elders'. OR more relevant, because she wasn't depresssed!!
He had every opportunity though to blurt it out didn't he, didn't the reporter ask him in that oscar speech, 'was she upset'?

Maybe it's what it doesn't contain that's more incriminating! I wonder how many times he called his wifes' phone after he realised she was missing??
I think the perp only thought of the phone after dumping the body (or it would have been in the creek too); and that they disposed of it at a later date.

Tip tops the one... That makes a lot of sense!

Isn't that an interesting way the prayer request was put, I am sure there would have been some publicity in Townsville and you would thought it would have been put in a mre personal way e.g "Olivia's SIL Allison, is missing and we ask for prayers for her and her three children".

I agree but at that early stage maybe they thought she was coming back so no need to name names. OW has small children as well - they must have been very fond of their Aunty. It's so sad for these children too. I must say the latest prayer requests through the church have been for God to reveal the truth in this. That might be a difficult thing to pray for for some but truth is what we all would like isn't it?

I soooooo hope you are right !!

No worries there, Mothergoose; in my eyes it's the Gospel according to Keyboredom. I have faith in everything he says..

He's pretty sharp when it comes to comic relief, too!

Allison may not have been in the water for the entire 11 days, Mothergoose. What if she was placed on the bank ( I hate the word 'dumped' as it appears irreverent towards a person's life that once was and has now been taken from them IMO ) and then with the rain and the rising creek, has been washed down in the current?
So she might have only been in the water for a couple of days, not the entire time. IMO
Apparently the introduction of water into the decomposition process (again I apologise) will escalate the process dramatically. Even if it was only for a few days.I cringe at the thought of poor Allison being out there night after night and the perp knowing she was there alone in the dark.I know she had passed over before being placed as reported ,but how undignified to allow her remains to be treated with such disregard. I was a victim of DV and had a gun pointed to my head so I know how quickly these things can happen.I actually told him (my ex) to pull the trigger I was so warn down and exhausted by his manic behavior. Up till then I was too just proud too fail at my marriage. Left after the gun incident though.This case has really hit me as I have walked in those shoes to a degree. I so pray for justice for Allison.

Is anyone talking about this case from australia Im sure there are some I ask because I was wondering and thinking you might know . Do you think this case will be on IVA with steve liebmann he is a awesome host of his show . He hosts a show thats the same as our dateline or 48 hours only he sticks with australia crimes..I am hoping he will do a show on all the cases connected to derek percy..

No worries there, Mothergoose; in my eyes it's the Gospel according to Keyboredom. I have faith in everything he says..

He's pretty sharp when it comes to comic relief, too!

..............and as dry as a chip! :rocker:

I personally can't say if Gerard was violent to his wife or not. However there does seem to be a persistent rumour that a Domestic Violence Order was taken out on Gerard and that at one stage he'd pushed Allison down the stairs and broken her leg. Shocking if true but as I said, it seems to be a rumour at this stage.

How the Dickies have not yet publicly slammed this lot is beyond me and is a tribute to their self control (regardless of any stupid defamation laws!) As if they don't what has happened here!!
One can only assume they have their grand daughters interests at heart and this has played a big part in their very dignified approach. Its a tough one.

Hats off to ya! I couldn't do it!

I would have called for a media scrum and a rally outside someone's home demanding a confession a long time ago. (not before i kidnapped my own grandchildren of course)

sorry, irrelevant post really, a hard day and I am over the sleuthing and stuffing about! Give this woman justice TODAY!!

:)

Yeh Elvis is alive and living in Hawaii........just sayin

Yeh I know there are the odd few on here, but I think some people just go the opposite of what most think to be different, to get attention, do you know what I mean?

Gerard is well known, a respected local businessman, I just dont understand why not one person has gone to the media and said what a top bloke he is and how he could never do such a thing. Ok I get that the affair/affairs have not helped his image but even still someone he knows should be singing his praises.
Totally agree, can't help but smile when I read news reports about providing support for the Dickies and for the girls. Even they manage to not mention support for GBC.
I hope some of you guys do go and meet up at the fund raising event, I've always found it positive meeting like minded people that you are on the same side as.
Do you reckon GBC knows he is the elephant in the room being ignored?

Interesting post mum73. This is my virgin post after reading all your posts for a couple of weeks with great interest. I agree that the angle being pushed from GBC side of the family all along has been - Allison was depressed. I know for a fact that this was communicated by OW to their church where her husband is a Pastor. Initially they requested prayer for 'a relative who had 3 small children who had gone missing and was depressed.' I can only assume this was what OW thought was true as she seemed to have a close relationship with ABC even though they lived a long way apart at the time of death. They used to live closer until a few years ago- the W family also lived in Brisbane. I don't think OW would or could be part of anything sinister. All just my opinion of course.

Is this the actual wording of what the Pastor said? The reason I ask is that 'the relative' is mentioned in the past tense.

they requested prayer for 'a relative who had 3 small children

who had gone missing

and was depressed

Why not say?

they requested prayer for 'a relative who has 3 small children

who has gone missing

and is depressed

IMO this whole depression thing has been bandied around far too much by OW & co. It is a deliberate belittlement of Allison by her in-laws for whatever reason but I personally think it's disgusting!

On the one hand OW sprouts off that Allison was suffering from depression and then she tells the media that she spoke to Allison just before she went missing and she was her usual, delightful, loving, kind, bla bla bla self. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member