Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayside, I still think Allison was left upstream.

To pull in on the bridge or in the siding, would be taking quite a risk. Every possibility of being seen. The road is quiet through the night, but not deserted.

If Allison had been left in the spot seen in the pictures, I think she would have been found sooner. I know the search was concentrated around Brookfield, but earlier posters mentioned waterways further afield were searched - to a lesser extent. Allison would have been seen from the water or from the air - as demonstrated by the photos taken from the helicopters.

There would have been a lot of water in the creeks over the weekend - brought Allison down to rest above the usual high tide mark.

JMO.

However Police searches did not extend this far. So not likely they would see her from water or air. I have no theory one way or other on what you are saying, I just wanted to point out about the searches. Also there was witness to the cars on the road wasn't there? (though maybe not stopped at the bridge. You are right there would be a risk out in the open) I don't know the exact area enough to comment, but others have stated they think it not possible for her to reach where she did from up stream, due to the bends ect. But I don't know this.

MOO

I've wondered too if she left the house that night marlywings, prior to her death. It's possible she may have taken off if they'd had a huge fight. If he'd caught her, I wonder if he could have even persuaded her to come home, or did something more sinister happen out there? (if those screams were Allison's)

I've also wondered if she really thought she was in danger would she head somewhere else, to get her children (if indeed they were staying elsewhere). This could be either by car or on foot.

But I agree that something at the house made police jump pretty fast.

Agree LauraMars. I have said all along that if I suddenly felt threatened, I would go and fetch my children and head to my parents. You would think by car...but what if she had her car keys / phone taken from her? If she had her phone you would think she would call someone.
I wouldn't stay - I would try to get away if I thought I was in danger; I would leave on foot, and head for wherever my children were.

Sometimes the only way to make sense of this, without knowing the facts is 'what would I do in the same situation?'

Hello, I may not have been missed...have been in the naughty corner.....
I had a creepy thought a few days ago.

What If NBC was being over father-in-lawish.....IMO
Have seen people like him....shivvvvver

The whole phone thing has always really got to me.

If GBC killed Allison, and was trying to make it look like she'd gone for a walk and had been abducted by some random, then you'd think he might have placed the phone somewhere along her regular walking trail (that's assuming that many people might take their phone with them while out walking, particularly if a night walk).

... (respectfully snipped!)

... The obvious would seem to be throwing it in a river/creek, or maybe down a drain, but not one too close to the house, so I don't know why I always felt it had something to do with a tree?

All IMO

The phone situation troubles me too.

If the phone was intentionally disposed of, by the killer, then presumably it contains information that incriminates the killer.

ABCs phone would include regular correspondence with her husband so personally I don't see why GBC would need to dispose of her phone? And any correspondence between the two would be mirrored on GBCs phone so disposing of ABCs phone would only solve half the problem.

The only reason I could think of is that GBC may have (hypothetically) used ABCs phone to contact an accomplice.

Alternately the phone fell into the creek and is lost in the mud?

Or, lending support to an alternate theory - did ABC use the phone to contact someone else, and arrange a mystery meeting after GBC went to bed and before GBC reported her missing (a fellow Footy Show fan perhaps...). Thereby incriminating a 3rd party. In this case I believe police would have a record of the call/text (through telecoms records) but may be having difficulty identifying the owner of the number she contacted?

I'm keen to hear peoples theories as to what could be on that phone that made it so important to dispose of?

However Police searches did not extend this far. So not likely they would see her from water or air. I have no theory one way or other on what you are saying, I just wanted to point out about the searches. Also there was witness to the cars on the road wasn't there? (though maybe not stopped at the bridge. You are right there would be a risk out in the open) I don't know the exact area enough to comment, but others have stated they think it not possible for her to reach where she did from up stream, due to the bends ect. But I don't know this.

MOO

I think one of the main issues is that people that do not know the area have no idea how much water comes down through the creeks when it rains. And the force with which the creeks flow. And I am still thinking Wirrabarra - rather than Tyamolum.

It has been reported the police searched both areas - links are back at the beginning of an earlier thread. Drag marks found - but not specified where.

At the end of the day, it is a blessing that she was found, wherever she was left : (

I'm keen to hear peoples theories as to what could be on that phone that made it so important to dispose of?

I've thought about this too...if any attempted calls to 000 they'd show up at the call centre??...or.... her parents or friends had "missed calls" from her...or she made calls to one of GBC'S girlfriends or his parents??

I think one of the main issues is that people that do not know the area have no idea how much water comes down through the creeks when it rains. And the force with which the creeks flow. And I am still thinking Wirrabarra - rather than Tyamolum.

It has been reported the police searched both areas - links are back at the beginning of an earlier thread. Drag marks found - but not specified where.

At the end of the day, it is a blessing that she was found, wherever she was left : (

Thanks for the info. It is good to get a perspective from someone who does know more about those areas.(I don't know the creek or the scout areas). The police searching those areas was after the body was found though wasn't it. Thats why I said they didn't search, when they were searching for Allison- I meant.

agree with your last comment. :)

Yeah, except for the ones on here?

Yeh I know there are the odd few on here, but I think some people just go the opposite of what most think to be different, to get attention, do you know what I mean?

Gerard is well known, a respected local businessman, I just dont understand why not one person has gone to the media and said what a top bloke he is and how he could never do such a thing. Ok I get that the affair/affairs have not helped his image but even still someone he knows should be singing his praises.

I've thought about this too...if any attempted calls to 000 they'd show up at the call centre??...or.... her parents or friends had "missed calls" from her...or she made calls to one of GBC'S girlfriends or his parents??

There's also the chance that she didn't forsee just how bad it was getting at the time... you know how someone suddenly loses it? She may not have felt the need to call anyone. Ah, that probably hasn't come across how I meant... but I know what I mean. :)

The other thing is, IF the kids were at HIS parents, and after a row she went to get them... how successful do you think she'd be? If GBC didn't want her leaving with the kids I'd say his parents would keep them there til he arrived?

maybe photo's , a diary , voice recordings Iphones do lots of things.

I know in my daughters case of DV's the first thing her ex grabbed off her was her
Iphone and keys. The first time he smashed the phone, the second time the police arrived
a lot quicker and were still on the line....

Interesting post mum73. This is my virgin post after reading all your posts for a couple of weeks with great interest. I agree that the angle being pushed from GBC side of the family all along has been - Allison was depressed. I know for a fact that this was communicated by OW to their church where her husband is a Pastor. Initially they requested prayer for 'a relative who had 3 small children who had gone missing and was depressed.' I can only assume this was what OW thought was true as she seemed to have a close relationship with ABC even though they lived a long way apart at the time of death. They used to live closer until a few years ago- the W family also lived in Brisbane. I don't think OW would or could be part of anything sinister. All just my opinion of course.

I agree that OW was probably innocent at first - almost incredulous, and looking for a reason for Allison's "disappearance", hence the comments on depression. However, i believe very early on in the interviews with reporters that she began to wonder about other options and who may have been involved in those options. I think her "hinky meter" was high based on her body language, and in my opinion, she rapidly went into protect mode and started to "justify" behaviours and obvious signs of possible foul play.

Hi first timer here, As I read your posts all sorts of things go through my head in regards to how one could remain so composed if they had in fact been party to such an inhumane act as ABC's murder. Firstly one would be so paranoid about talking to the accomplice/s, in case the conversation was being listened to i.e. listening devices being placed.At the same time the perps would feel an incredible need to support on another to vent and be sure the other was not crumbling with guilt IMO.Therefore it would be very much in their interest to find a 'Safe Space' to meet.What better place than the 5th. Story ?? of a highrise building with a shared reception (where visitors have to be announced, then accepted ) for his own privacy. Not to mention the security the place would have for the benefit of it's tenants. I would think he could even reject police through the receptionist , if he didn't want to see them. No chance of bugging the 'Safe place'. In my humble opinion people who are under survelance or suspicion (guilty or innocent) would need support and a 'Safe' place' to talk. What better place than the room he has chosen IMO.

Hello, I may not have been missed...have been in the naughty corner.....
I had a creepy thought a few days ago.

What If NBC was being over father-in-lawish.....IMO
Have seen people like him....shivvvvver

I missed you! I went looking for you!

Thanks for some great posts!!!!!!!!

maybe photo's , a diary , voice recordings Iphones do lots of things.

I know in my daughters case of DV's the first thing her ex grabbed off her was her
Iphone and keys. The first time he smashed the phone, the second time the police arrived
a lot quicker and were still on the line....

Yes, they'll take from you anything that could mean you can contact other people... phone/keys.

I agree that OW was probably innocent at first - almost incredulous, and looking for a reason for Allison's "disappearance", hence the comments on depression. However, i believe very early on in the interviews with reporters that she began to wonder whether about other options and who may have been involved in those options. I think her "hinky meter" was high based on her body language, and in my opinion, she rapidly went into protect mode and started to "justify" behaviours and obvious signs of possible foul play.

I don't think the sister knew anything to begin with either... but you have to wonder what she thinks now?

I wonder how 'emotionally' close the family really is?

My husband and I are avid boaters who spend nearly every weekend on the water in the bay. I am familiar with tides and variations with rainfall but did not know how different it is in creeks

My husband explained it to me last night in simple (aka dumba$$) terms lol. So I understand now that the water can get very high there. I def think Allison made sure she was found, you go girl.

Yep, very early posts from them were saying that she was run over.

Interestingly, I was once at a dinner party when the host "couple" (ie partners but not married) got into a very heated argument. The male partner said "this is ridiculous" (or more colourful words to that effect), stormed out and got into the family 4wd to leave. The female partner took chase and stood in the path of the 4wd in an attempt to stop him leaving. He mounted a garden bed to avoid her. She screamed and made a lunge at the car (thankfully too late) - and he drove off into the night.

All of this occured within the property boundary of an acerage property just outside the city (ie not out in the street, therefore not in the public eye). The car was never speeding - i.e. reasonably controlled driving and generally low speed, so no loud engine noises, tyres etc.

However people nearby would have heard her scream and there was evidence of the incedent in the form of the destroyed garden bed.

Sorry about the detailed description but the scenario just came into my head and (with a different ending) could fit certain observations of other posters...

For those interested, the above all happened so quickly the rest of use had no time to react/intervene. And incidentally my friends wisely moved on to other partners and live hapily ever after...

Toowong,
Your post definitely demonstrates how love and bad relationships can trigger some crazy behavior in people that can explode and do silly things in a split second.

Interestingly, I was once at a dinner party when the host "couple" (ie partners but not married) got into a very heated argument. The male partner said "this is ridiculous" (or more colourful words to that effect), stormed out and got into the family 4wd to leave. The female partner took chase and stood in the path of the 4wd in an attempt to stop him leaving. He mounted a garden bed to avoid her. She screamed and made a lunge at the car (thankfully too late) - and he drove off into the night.

All of this occured within the property boundary of an acerage property just outside the city (ie not out in the street, therefore not in the public eye). The car was never speeding - i.e. reasonably controlled driving and generally low speed, so no loud engine noises, tyres etc.

However people nearby would have heard her scream and there was evidence of the incedent in the form of the destroyed garden bed.

Sorry about the detailed description but the scenario just came into my head and (with a different ending) could fit certain observations of other posters...

For those interested, the above all happened so quickly the rest of use had no time to react/intervene. And incidentally my friends wisely moved on to other partners and live hapily ever after...

thank you Toowongs very interesting - could be that the damaged bumper bar was the catalyst for the police investigation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214