Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO The point here is that GBC has not been arrested because when the Police charge him they want the public to be assured that the charges will stick in a court of law. They also must see the case from a Criminal Defence point of view and have an answer and evidence for every possible scenario that is put forward by the Defence Team as an alternative chance of occurring so as to create doubt. The Police will have heaps on him and until they have exhausted every angle to extract every bit of evidence against him they will not charge him. He will also at this very time be being closely monitored to prevent any attempt to flee. This would be the only way the Police would charge him now. Sit tight, Police & GBC have a very special date coming.

GBC by his very nature of refusing to thank the SES, Police, and other volunteers for their time and effort to find Allison plus his refusal to give Police a formal statement and his cowardly demeanour to not only hide behind a lawyer but to hide behind a barrister as well is highly indicitive of his lack of care or will to have somebody held responsible for this crime - because GBC himself is responsible for the crime. Police and everyone else know it. Just waiting for everything to line up for the courts to say it.

If a person is a single parent as GBC has made himself, it is not actually a crime to care for your children without having a criminal conviction. Be rest assured that when the judge pronounces GUILTY then believe me he will have no input to the childrens care. He is no longer a POI because he has moved up to SUSPECT not exactly how he wished to move up in the world, nonetheless it is still an upward move which might bring him some joy. If he wasnt a suspect Police would be more than happy enough to say so instead of no comment.

It is hard to believe that anyone outside of GBCs circle ie. family and friends could look at this case objectively and not come up with GBC as the prime suspect.

Interesting post. It reminded me about something my police officer friend said during the first week of the search. It was late in the week and I said, frustrated, "I can't believe you're still bashing through bush. What are you honestly expecting to find at this point?" He said: "Nothing. This is just to keep the coroner happy." I didn't understand what he meant at the time but now I realise that a lot of what the police are seen to be looking for and interviewing about is about ELIMINATING those things that the defence will come up with ... they already know what has actually transpired and who likely did it. MOO.

IMO The point here is that GBC has not been arrested because when the Police charge him they want the public to be assured that the charges will stick in a court of law. They also must see the case from a Criminal Defence point of view and have an answer and evidence for every possible scenario that is put forward by the Defence Team as an alternative chance of occurring so as to create doubt. The Police will have heaps on him and until they have exhausted every angle to extract every bit of evidence against him they will not charge him. He will also at this very time be being closely monitored to prevent any attempt to flee. This would be the only way the Police would charge him now. Sit tight, Police & GBC have a very special date coming.

GBC by his very nature of refusing to thank the SES, Police, and other volunteers for their time and effort to find Allison plus his refusal to give Police a formal statement and his cowardly demeanour to not only hide behind a lawyer but to hide behind a barrister as well is highly indicitive of his lack of care or will to have somebody held responsible for this crime - because GBC himself is responsible for the crime. Police and everyone else know it. Just waiting for everything to line up for the courts to say it.

If a person is a single parent as GBC has made himself, it is not actually a crime to care for your children without having a criminal conviction. Be rest assured that when the judge pronounces GUILTY then believe me he will have no input to the childrens care. He is no longer a POI because he has moved up to SUSPECT not exactly how he wished to move up in the world, nonetheless it is still an upward move which might bring him some joy. If he wasnt a suspect Police would be more than happy enough to say so instead of no comment.

It is hard to believe that anyone outside of GBCs circle ie. family and friends could look at this case objectively and not come up with GBC as the prime suspect.

Well said like I did to grannie.........must be a relation.

I do not know. I find it hard to speculate with very little data available.

I find it hard to imagine a suburban mother going for a walk at this ridiculous hour. Not with an alleged depression anyway. This implausible scenario could make one suspect GBC. But according to some friends and colleagues, he has a flamboyant nature and is described as a "gentle man". So that makes it a bit late for him to turn into a violent killer. He would have shown such traits before.

I would like to know more about BCs neighbours, who they are. A neighbour (?a rejected admirer) had the perfect opportunity to watch Allison leave the house and approach her, may be offer his company..

IMO
As to the data here there is more than enough data available to strongly suggest him to be the prime suspect. We are all entitled to our opinion though and like everyone else I respect your right to your opinion and your right to be wrong.

Only GBC made the claim of the walk of which he is not willing to make an official statement and sign his name to therefore we cannot take the claim of a walk seriously. The same could be said of the depression.

His flamboyance was merely for his personal public gain for purposes of his business and his would be harem. Where is this flamboyance now I suspect behind the solicitor and the barrister. There is too many precedents of "gentle men" becoming convicted violent killers to even mention here. Ted Bundy was described as such too by the way. Would you not consider a womaniser continuing affairs right under his wifes nose as a trait of which to promote.

Grannie how did these people get back to GBC's house to get the keys and the vehicle to take her to the bridge?

I do not think it was established. Those cars witnessed by someone could be totally unrelated to the crime. That is why, in my opinion, the police is trying to have more witnesses of the same/similar cars, so that they could cross reference (or cross examine) the observations of the first witness. If more witnesses come out, then it's not a dream.

I agree with you on that, Amee. It just the timing is a bit wrong for a depressed person. Also, some reports suggest that Allison that night was quite happy, at least around 8pm.

I dont believe timing has anything to do with it. We dont even know for sure Allison had depression or went for a walk. I reallly think until it is stated as fact we should leave the depression talk relating to Allison alone. The QPS have stated its a murder investigation. As I said earlier I have full faith and trust in them.
I dont believe she did go for a walk after having her hair done and having a busy day on the Friday IMO

I find it hard to imagine a suburban mother going for a walk at this ridiculous hour. Not with an alleged depression anyway. This implausible scenario could make one suspect GBC. But according to some friends and colleagues, he has a flamboyant nature and is described as a "gentle man". So that makes it a bit late for him to turn into a violent killer. He would have shown such traits before.

I would like to know more about BCs neighbours, who they are. A neighbour (?a rejected admirer) had the perfect opportunity to watch Allison leave the house and approach her, may be offer his company..

We would all I'm sure love to think the girls will be left with a parent and yes, it could be an admirer or a neighbour. If it is though, why has he acted so totally "off" since day one, he has done nothing to deflect suspicion from him and I don't think he would be that altruistic to take the rap for a guilty neighbour or admirer! Sorry, but if you can come up with valid reasons for his behavior, perhaps then I'll be swayed to think of a different scenario.

125mm 12.5cm is actually 4 inches, or close enough. An inch is 3cm.

I'm giving out more thanks than a night at the logies...lol
That's hilarious True. Lol. There are that many clever people here that my Thankyou sign is worn out also. *advertiser censored*

I do not think it was established. Those cars witnessed by someone could be totally unrelated to the crime. That is why, in my opinion, the police is trying to have more witnesses of the same/similar cars, so that they could cross reference (or cross examine) the observations of the first witness. If more witnesses come out, then it's not a dream.

Perp would still need a car of some sort to get her to the bridge. It was too far to carry her.
Why do you think that the police have taken both cars for examination. So Grannie what is your theory.

Her children were under the care of their grandmonther

I'm actually friends with Liz which is Kiesha's grandmother and her real dad Chris. I lived one street away from them before i moved to Queensland :)

Would you not consider a womaniser continuing affairs right under his wifes nose as a trait of which to promote.

I would not, because womanisers are usually manipulators, not killers. Another genre. I am not defending GBC, btw. I just do not see him as violent. Also, he does not gain much by removing Allison from his life. He is the type, in my opinion, who could easily cheat on his wife without really worrying about being caught. But if he was a pedophile, then there could be a reason to kill someone who could expose him. Because once exposed he loses everything and goes to prison. JMO.

We would all I'm sure love to think the girls will be left with a parent and yes, it could be an admirer or a neighbour. If it is though, why has he acted so totally "off" since day one, he has done nothing to deflect suspicion from him and I don't think he would be that altruistic to take the rap for a guilty neighbour or admirer! Sorry, but if you can come up with valid reasons for his behavior, perhaps then I'll be swayed to think of a different scenario.
I have already mentioned several times that his confusion about the timing for an alleged walk was very suspicious. He called the police at 7.30am to declare Allison missing - that too, apart from other things, is suspicious. I agree. It is very tempting to suspect GBC.

I agree with your post 100%. I hope people realise that I've only raised the subject to point out that "someone" appears to have implied that "depression" may have played a role in Allison leaving the house that night. I am by no means suggesting that is true.

It just makes me wonder what else they may have done/said in support of their "story" to imply this was the case.

Mum 73, you are right that it "could" have been used to support a story, but on the other hand it could also reflect a family bewildered by what has happened and trying desperately to work out what on earth has happened to their family member and why. In these extreme circumstances I could imagine a family considering all options about what happened to their loved one......even things related to conditions that a person might have, like depression. I don't think that it would be unusual for family members, in the confusion and stress of everything, to get stuck on a potential scenario either....like that it could all be due to her "depression".

Perhaps it wasn't appropriate for the family member to mention the fact that Allison may have had depression to the media.......but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think that most of us have had situations where we have said things in ways we shouldn't have or let things slip that in retrospect we shouldn't have. I also think that in extreme stress these things are all more likely to occur.

I would not, because womanisers are usually manipulators, not killers. Another genre. I am not defending GBC, btw. I just do not see him as violent. Also, he does not gain much by removing Allison from his life. He is the type, in my opinion, who could easily cheat on his wife without really worrying about being caught. But if he was a pedophile, then there could be a reason to kill someone who could expose him. Because once exposed he loses everything and goes to prison. JMO.

Grannie, lots of passion in your pipe.......I get it, I really do but I am sure that QPS or any LE agency could sit down with us for hours giving one example after the other of 'Street Angel, House Devil" types - who on the surface appear genteel and sweet but behind closed doors are violent and nasty. IMO

:what:

I'm sorry but WOWSERS! Crimes of passion and love triangles are one of the most common reasons for murder. Did you not read about the models boyfriend 2 weeks ago who just got put away for strangling his girlfriend because of her friendship with another male? Then of course there are the divorces the killers want to avoid, the custody battle, that can't occur in the first place without a divorce, which a lot of the time comes about by affairs. It's usually the man (sorry guys) because of their need to have sex.
To me "womanizer" indicates a lack of respect for a wife and total degradation of trust and honesty. There is a big difference between a man that makes a mistake and learns from it and tries to repair his marriage because he loves his wife and children and a man that doesn't learn and does it again and again and **** the consequences.....SOCIOPATH comes to mind.

Sorry, but I don't get where you are coming from? Are you saying depressed people don't go for walks... that a 'gentle man' has no dark side {eg: would NEVER even cheat on his wife}... and that GBC's neighbours are now freaky killers? So, why would Gerard not be really trying to find the freaky neighbour who would do this terrible thing to his wife?
Why is he more interested in keeping his business up and running then finding out which of his neighbours did this?????:maddening:

OOOO are you saying this is OK, are you used to it in your life and always 'let it go under the carpet' grannie?

That would be hard for me, Allison found it hard when she found out the affair was still going after Dec when she asked for it to stop and HE GBC said it would and it was. But no it was still going on so more humiliation for her too.

And the fact he promised it would stop.

Mum 73, you are right that it "could" have been used to support a story, but on the other hand it could also reflect a family bewildered by what has happened and trying desperately to work out what on earth has happened to their family member and why. In these extreme circumstances I could imagine a family considering all options about what happened to their loved one......even things related to conditions that a person might have, like depression. I don't think that it would be unusual for family members, in the confusion and stress of everything, to get stuck on a potential scenario either....like that it could all be due to her "depression".

Perhaps it wasn't appropriate for the family member to mention the fact that Allison may have had depression to the media.......but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think that most of us have had situations where we have said things in ways we shouldn't have or let things slip that in retrospect we shouldn't have. I also think that in extreme stress these things are all more likely to occur.

Didn't you go to UQ with Allison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member