Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say that it would be more likely?

Well, I apoligise for putting words into your mouth... but you seem to be putting forward that it was possible a crazy neighbour commited the crime, and GBC could not have.

Did I misunderstand you? Personally, I do not believe a neighbour or passerby is responsible... IMO it is someone much closer to home {like right in it} ... police seem to be thinking like I am :)

I can't believe you asked that. Ummm, even the most intelligent men/women in the world {regardless of how many languages they can speak} will stay and try... sometimes due to being worn so far down emotionally. One reason could be that she was a genuinely lovely lady who wanted to make sure she had given it her best before leaving??

I have to ask this... do you honestly think that everyone in a bad marriage gets out straight away?

As a young woman attending University, I studied DV as part of my degree........and was living it!!! Naivity about DV is the only way to explain someone asking how you could stay.

Berry you are correct.....her hurt feelings would be impossible to measure up, while tolerating his fraternizing with staff.

Berry in short all Allison owned was his washing. Allison did not die, she was murdered.

Recapitulation here is sad/true/factual/real/ thank you my friend........Allison was murdered by someone she knew.

It is not a dream grannie, wherever you live in your mind. So sad and real, it is a murder by an known intimate person who did it it in her home

I thought it was 3 cm.... Thanks everyone for outing my hopeless mathematical skills. Did ya ALL have to comment :/.

Mountainhigh, your posts are always informative, well balanced and rationally thought out.

This is not an irrelevant post and there is no need to say sorry. We value human life, therefore we express outrage at evil acts and we expect justice.

The Dickies have shown patience and great faith in the QPS. If it were me in their shoes, I am not sure that I would have been able to show such restraint.

Thank you, Mountainhigh.

But of course, ABC's parent's will know a hell of a lot more about this case than we do, and may also know that the actions which have been suggested are not warranted or at least not required.

The show is called Forensic Investigators
Do a search on you tube and all the episodes come up

thanks. Its called 'crime scene investigations' or something along those lines isnt it? Anyway, yes thats the show I was thinking of.

Crimes of passion and love triangles are one of the most common reasons for murder. <...> It's usually the man (sorry guys) because of their need to have sex.

Whose passion do you have in mind? If you stick to the idea that GBC is a womaniser, then he is supposed to have regard neither for his wife nor any other woman. No passion whatsoever. If he was connected to some very rich single woman and planned to be with her, than yes, it would make a motive.

Recapitulation here is sad/true/factual/real/ thank you my friend........Allison was murdered by someone she knew.

It is not a dream grannie, wherever you live in your mind. So sad and real, it is a murder by an known intimate person who did it it in her home

I may have missed something here. The police have said that ABC was killed by someone she knew. Yes, that is confirmed. But have they now established and reported she was killed in her home?

Ok, I checked the creek levels on 23.1.11 (date of the pic) and high tide on that day was 1.8m (not 2.2m).

What I've been trying to show (dare I say, prove!) is that the high water level in Kholo Creek has never reached as far up the bank as where Allison's body was located (apart from during the Brisbane floods). The rain after she disappeared, as heavy as it was, would not have made much difference to the levels. A few inches perhaps.

I'm firm on someone hid her body up under the bridge and rain nor tide had nought to do with it.

I think you're likely right that the creek wouldn't have risen far enough after April's rain, but that's based on what would likely have happened in my own local creeks, which aren't in Brisbane, plus I don't know anything about tides. In other words, I have no idea... :)

Thanks for checking the date. It's interesting that the creek is so brown - it really looks like floodwater. But the Bureau of Met monthly summary says that Feb 2011 was an average to dry month:
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/qld/archive/201102.brisbane.shtml

Strange.

Did I misunderstand you? Personally, I do not believe a neighbour or passerby is responsible... IMO it is someone much closer to home {like right in it} ... police seem to be thinking like I am :)

Yes, you did. I am not excluding GBC by hypothesising about a gloomy neighbour. With different probabilities, though. It is not uncommon to have different possible scenarios in mind and then rule out one after another, as more facts emerge, until the correct one is proven.

I can't believe you asked that. Ummm, even the most intelligent men/women in the world {regardless of how many languages they can speak} will stay and try... sometimes due to being worn so far down emotionally. One reason could be that she was a genuinely lovely lady who wanted to make sure she had given it her best before leaving??

I have to ask this... do you honestly think that everyone in a bad marriage gets out straight away?

I wonder if grannie will ever move off that fence post, or see saw, or balance scales that she stays on to switche from one side to the other side..........not going there anymore grannie, you are related and doing nothing but 'sit'. BYE BYE

But then assuming that, one underestimates Allison. Why do you think, she would live with somebody like that for that long? Why would she try to save her marriage? She was an intelligent and successful lady, who spoke 6 languages.

It's amazing what a woman in love will put up with, particulary one as devoted as Allison, I'd say her motive was making sure the family stayed together. They were married for a fair while.

Only today Delta Goodrem said she wished she had of broken up with McFadden a lot sooner, and they were together for YEARS. I've been there and done that too. A lot of women try to change their man and for some it takes a long time to realize they can't and are fighting an uphill battle. It's Aldo particulary hard when the man is a lying cheating snake and you don't know what's going on. Try have a man tell you an affair is over, live another year with him only to find out the affair never ended. Living someone else's lie.

Whose passion do you have in mind? If you stick to the idea that GBC is a womaniser, then he is supposed to have regard neither for his wife nor any other woman. No passion whatsoever. If he was connected to some very rich single woman and planned to be with her, than yes, it would make a motive.

Not ALL passion is linked to lust and sex. There are other types of passion....:banghead:

But then assuming that, one underestimates Allison. Why do you think, she would live with somebody like that for that long? Why would she try to save her marriage? She was an intelligent and successful lady, who spoke 6 languages.
Please don't pounce now... but clever, intelligent , women have affairs too and that does not make them evil or bad people. For every male having an affair there is a consenting woman (or man) in the picture. Has it occurred to anyone that Allison may have had a confidant ,close male friend ,lover that she turned to duing this rocky time in her marriage? He may have wanted out of the relationship (maybe married)? I know it's right out there and Allison is so well thought of ,but we do things out of character when we are in stressful situations.When my marriage was failing the husband of a friend of mine offered his shoulder for me to lean on.Was very tempting I can tell you. Said all the right things "He shouldn't treat you like that ,you are such a beautiful person " etc etc...I'm sure you get the picture. We are all vulnerable under the right circumstances.No abuse please:please:

Well, I apoligise for putting words into your mouth... but you seem to be putting forward that it was possible a crazy neighbour commited the crime, and GBC could not have.

While, I think you could be right, IMO I'd be interested in hearing about how you know the "the police seem to be thinking like I am."? Do you have inside information? I wish I did. But from what I've seen in the newspapers, I have no idea what the QPS are thinking.

The QPS have stated its a murder investigation, but not at first. Initially they told the public via the Courier Mail that they had hopes for finding ABC alive, and there seemed to be an inference that she could have fallen down an old mine shaft during her walk.

What puzzles me about this is that there have been many suggestions that the police knew they had a crime scene right from the word go, but police themselves stated initially they were treating it as a missing person case.

I still stick by the fact that what GBC told the police when he first contacted them must be entirely plausible; it was at least plausible enough for the police to state they had hopes of finding ABC alive.

Maybe the police thought in the early stages that she was injured by her husband and still could be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966