Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read in all these threads GBC is the most likely suspect but throwing a curve ball by a fellow sleuther isn't a bad thing. None of us know what happened...sadly that is only known by ABC & her killer.

Please don't pounce now... but clever, intelligent , women have affairs too and that does not make them evil or bad people. For every male having an affair there is a consenting woman (or man) in the picture. Has it occurred to anyone that Allison may have had a confidant ,close male friend ,lover that she turned to duing this rocky time in her marriage? He may have wanted out of the relationship (maybe married)? I know it's right out there and Allison is so well thought of ,but we do things out of character when we are in stressful situations.When my marriage was failing the husband of a friend of mine offered his shoulder for me to lean on.Was very tempting I can tell you. Said all the right things "He shouldn't treat you like that ,you are such a beautiful person " etc etc...I'm sure you get the picture. We are all vulnerable under the right circumstances.No abuse please:please:

I hope she DID have someone... and that he treated her well. I could certainly understand if she did. But I guess if there was someone else then he would be interviewed aswell. Who knows what really happened?

While, I think you could be right, IMO I'd be interested in hearing about how you know the "the police seem to be thinking like I am."? Do you have inside information? I wish I did. But from what I've seen in the newspapers, I have no idea what the QPS are thinking.

Well, I was referring to the fact that she KNEW her killer {well, at least that's what the police seem to believe}... and it was a joke that the police are thinking like I am. {Well in my opinion I was joking anyway}

Didn't you go to UQ with Allison?

I was at UQ for some of the same years that she was there. I didn't go to UQ "with Allison". I don't know her.....just walked some of the same paths at that stage of life........possibly sat in the same lectures occasionally! Who knows? Hawkins posts remind me of my UQ days because of a building and street of that name and the nature of the posts.

Please don't pounce now... but clever, intelligent , women have affairs too and that does not make them evil or bad people. For every male having an affair there is a consenting woman (or man) in the picture. Has it occurred to anyone that Allison may have had a confidant ,close male friend ,lover that she turned to duing this rocky time in her marriage? He may have wanted out of the relationship (maybe married)? I know it's right out there and Allison is so well thought of ,but we do things out of character when we are in stressful situations.When my marriage was failing the husband of a friend of mine offered his shoulder for me to lean on.Was very tempting I can tell you. Said all the right things "He shouldn't treat you like that ,you are such a beautiful person " etc etc...I'm sure you get the picture. We are all vulnerable under the right circumstances.No abuse please:please:

I agree, however, from what we have heard from the locals, she had expected that his affair with TM had finished last year or so, hence she was trying to make her marriage work. IMO, if she had a male friend, then she wouldn't have cared if he continued his affair with TM.

Mothergoose. I understand what you have said but at Allisons funeral her sister said that as a loving devoted wife Allison supported Gerard in their partnership in marriage 'until the day she died'.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ating-the-killer/story-e6freoof-1226353394847

I hope she DID have someone... and that he treated her well. I could certainly understand if she did. But I guess if there was someone else then he would be interviewed aswell. Who knows what really happened?

I was just thinking the same thing, wouldnt it be wonderful if she was loved and admired by someone like she deserved.

I think if she did it would have been game over for Gerard long before.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/24/eli-roth-discovery-are-you-evil/

Hope this link works. Watched a really interesting doco on Fox about this experiment. My point is that, if, in this case there were more than 1 or 2 people involved, could this explain some peoples behaviors to commit, or be part of an atrocity such as murder? BTW, I do not condone, nor agree in accepting ANY excuse for harming another human being whatsoever. Just thought I'd add food for thought here

I for one am definitely encouraging my children to question and make their own valued judgements in life.

Mum 73, you are right that it "could" have been used to support a story, but on the other hand it could also reflect a family bewildered by what has happened and trying desperately to work out what on earth has happened to their family member and why. In these extreme circumstances I could imagine a family considering all options about what happened to their loved one......even things related to conditions that a person might have, like depression. I don't think that it would be unusual for family members, in the confusion and stress of everything, to get stuck on a potential scenario either....like that it could all be due to her "depression".

Perhaps it wasn't appropriate for the family member to mention the fact that Allison may have had depression to the media.......but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think that most of us have had situations where we have said things in ways we shouldn't have or let things slip that in retrospect we shouldn't have. I also think that in extreme stress these things are all more likely to occur.

True, but funny how they were the only ones who ever said it...You don't tend to even say those things about someone unless you know it to be fact. I knew of a person who recently went missing and was found 4 days later in a hidy place and had taken her life as a result of depression. During the 4 days she was missing the Police announced through their website and media that she was suffering from this illness. Correct me if I am wrong but was this mentioned in the 10 days Allison was missing in an official capacity from QPS??

Depression is one of those things that you either suffer from or you don't. There is no middle ground really. There is also a big difference between people being sad and being depressed.

I personally think the clan gave the game away to the police more than anything else here in a big way...
"oh yea, that old chessnut" I can hear the QPS saying amongst themselves at the time when they heard this crap.
I don't believe that woman was any more depressed than I am!!
Pi**ed off? Yea I bet she was definitly that!! Who could blame her!

It really is quite sad to see that so many people are obsessed with Allison's "depression".

So many posters have strong feelings about who the killer is; how much does the depression really play a part in these opinions.

Poor lady should be left in peace, without all this conjecture regarding her mental stability at the time of her passing.

Hi all :)
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be respected for their own beliefs. If we don't agree with it we should leave it alone. This is not a jury panel where the majority are trying to convince one or two jurors to change views. In saying that I also can't understand the need to try to convince the majority to believe otherwise. It actually just seems that some people like to argue for the sake of it or for fun. I don't understand the need to deliberately provoke others. But of course, that's just 'my opinion'
Cheers everyone
As your comment was right after my post I am just guessing it was for me. I do not wish to provoke anyone just give an opinion which might explain why GBC is walking around as if everything is O.K...I have know 2 absolutely delightful women (good mothers ,upstanding members of their church etc. etc.) who have had affairs because their marriage was going down the drain.
My point being we All are capable of the seemingly impossibe behaviour under the right circumstances. No one is perfect. 'There but for the grace of God go I'. :truce:

That is great news. Alot of people think DV is just about hitting etc... there is sooo much more to it.

Yes, this is great news. As a person who grew up in a DV household (for want of a better term) I totally welcome it. But I will repeat what I said previously. DV may have been present in the current case, but I don't accept that DV can be considered the CoD nor the motive.

The ongoing emphasis on DV is something I don't understand. In fact what worries me is that if too much emphasis does get placed on DV, and GBC is the perp, then it seems more likely than not it could end up in a manslaughter charge. "I only hit her once. She fell and hit her head. etc etc"

On the other hand, irrespective of whether DV was present or not, and it was premeditated, then the perp will get a much longer sentence.

Oddly, enough, I think the ongoing discussion about the existence of DV in the marriage is ultimately in GBC's favour if he is established as the perp.

Personally I'd prefer to see the perp charged with murder, and not just walk away with a manslaughter conviction.

But then assuming that, one underestimates Allison. Why do you think, she would live with somebody like that for that long? Why would she try to save her marriage? She was an intelligent and successful lady, who spoke 6 languages.

Mrs Baden-Clay's sister, Vanessa Fowler, said the 43-year-old "loving, caring, selfless woman" was taken too early and would not be forgotten.

"We, your family, pledge to you that we will have these questions answered, we will bring you justice, because you deserve nothing less," she said.

Mrs Fowler said as a loving and devoted wife, Mrs Baden-Clay supported Gerard in their marriage "until the day she died".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...lison-baden-clay/story-fn7x8me2-1226353392236

Hi all :)
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be respected for their own beliefs. If we don't agree with it we should leave it alone. This is not a jury panel where the majority are trying to convince one or two jurors to change views. In saying that I also can't understand the need to try to convince the majority to believe otherwise. It actually just seems that some people like to argue for the sake of it or for fun. I don't understand the need to deliberately provoke others. But of course, that's just 'my opinion'
Cheers everyone

That is the nature of a forum and just because we disagree doesn't mean we don't respect the poster. I don't want to convince anyone but I am interested in their opinions.
Cheers

It really is quite sad to see that so many people are obsessed with Allison's "depression".

So many posters have strong feelings about who the killer is; how much does the depression really play a part in these opinions.

Poor lady should be left in peace, without all this conjecture regarding her mental stability at the time of her passing.

I really don't know that anyone is "obsessed' with her depression (I know I can't find them in the threads...).

Personally, I mentioned the depression, not because I believe Allison suffered from it; and I know she didn't die from it...but because I really got the impression early in the investigation, that someone implied that it may have played a role in her disappearance. My line of thinking is about the "lie", not the illness, maybe others are also thinking the same way.

Now, these "other people" may really be obsessed with her depression, but I can't seem to find them. All I can find is lots of posts about why it shouldn't be discussed...maybe this is the real problem with the acceptance of mental health issues in the community...

Recapitulation here is sad/true/factual/real/ thank you my friend........Allison was murdered by someone she knew.

It is not a dream grannie, wherever you live in your mind. So sad and real, it is a murder by an known intimate person who did it it in her home

Thanks Berry....you would have to be smoking lavender if you thought any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966