Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand. If you are innocent and you know people are talking about you and making threats wouldnt you make some sort of statement stating that? Id be yelling from the rooftops.
If guilty its about time you stepped up and accepted whats handed to you by the law? For your childrens sakes. Living like that is just so wrong.

Not if you think you are beyond the law (cleaned up kept your cool etc etc)

Southside is a disaster for me!

What was the date of the fund raising cricket match for Allison? I'm just writing this so that this post won't be totally off topic. But I do want to know as well, just can't bee bothered googling :)

It is weekend after next, not sure exact day tho. I know because we have a wonderful weekend away planned (weather permitting). Would be great if it ended up being a celebration of an arrest weekend too.

Shhhhhh defense counsel will use that now....."NBC had no idea why he ended up walking to the bus shelter, he has dementia" :what:

haha..oops..sorry..though I think they'd have medical people to be able to declare that true or not.. my bad though.:blushing:

IMO anyone who intentionally goes to that house is stalking, even if you don't go up the driveway. If you have to drive past it to leave your house fair enough, but anyone stopping outside, nosing up the driveway, looking for cars, is stalking. Leave the house alone.

That's horrible. Regardless of what he might have done, those kids have a right to try and get on with thier lives without feeling threatened or terrorised.

There are a lot of weirdos out there so better to be safe.

Southside is a disaster for me!

What was the date of the fund raising cricket match for Allison? I'm just writing this so that this post won't be totally off topic. But I do want to know as well, just can't bee bothered googling :)

Here you go lovey. The link of the article regarding the cricket match.

http://www.news.com.au/fundraiser-for-allisons-children/story-e6freoof-1226381980933

If one wants more info on the match, they can contact this email address : mike@goldcreekwines.com.au

imagine being inside in the privacy of your own home and looking up to see someones face at the window possibly taking your photo!! it must be horriffic being that family, not just being stalked by media but also nosey public! some people are completely tactless and an inside photo could even fetch $$ in gossip media mags!
poor little girls!!
i would barricade my home too!!!!

The kids at this stage probably even aren't allowed to play in their own yard.

imagine being inside in the privacy of your own home and looking up to see someones face at the window possibly taking your photo!! it must be horriffic being that family, not just being stalked by media but also nosey public! some people are completely tactless and an inside photo could even fetch $$ in gossip media mags!
poor little girls!!
i would barricade my home too!!!!

But is there any evidence that anything like this is occurring? I'm thinking not.

IMO anyone who intentionally goes to that house is stalking, even if you don't go up the driveway. If you have to drive past it to leave your house fair enough, but anyone stopping outside, nosing up the driveway, looking for cars, is stalking. Leave the house alone.

I couldn't agree more. I'm thinking of those poor little girls and the confusion they must be feeling. It would be very scary and confronting for them to have people sniffing around. Regardless of what people think of their father, we must respect the privacy of the family.

But is there any evidence that anything like this is occurring? I'm thinking not.

I agree....I find this kind of talk, entirely over the top and melodramatic.....and most probably completely unfounded.

There is no reason, to be barricading your children up in such a manner, especially after what they have been through.

I just thought I'd add a little to the question of crime scene processes.. From what I thought the tape should go up immediately. However I thought about it, and it was mentioned that the Police declared the house a crime scene on the Fri and executed crime scene warrants. I am going to share a link, that although it relates to NSW police powers, gives a general idea.. It may be and probably likely that as stated the Police declared a crimes scene on the Friday.. Police can as stated below declare a crimescene when they suspect a serious offence, this declaration can last a numbr of hours and they then may in that time apply for a warrant and this is usually then an extension of the initial crime scene declaration..so Perhaps the tape not going up until The Saturday may have been when they got official crime scene warrants..JMO Hope I haven't done too much quoting, thought it may have been of interest including some of the powers police have when a crime scene warrant has been executed....

Queensland Police Powers and Responsibilities Act

Part 3 Crime scenes
Division 1 Establishment of crime scenes

(3) The responsible officer may establish the crime scene in any way that gives anyone wanting to enter the place enough notice that the place is a crime scene.

Examples—
1 A police officer may stand at a door to stop people entering a building and tell them they can not enter the building.
2 A police officer may put around a place barricades or tapes indicating the place is a crime scene.
3 A police officer may display a written notice stating the place is a crime scene and unauthorised entry is prohibited.

Division 2 Crime scene warrants
166 Responsibility after establishing crime scene

(1) As soon as reasonably practicable after the responsible officer establishes the crime scene, a police officer must apply to a Supreme Court judge or magistrate for a crime scene warrant.
171 Consideration of application and issue of crime scene warrant
(1) Before issuing a crime scene warrant, the issuer must have regard to the following—
(a) the nature and seriousness of the suspected offence;
(b) the likely extent of interference to be caused to the
occupier of the place;
(c) the time, of not more than 7 days, for which it is
reasonable to maintain a crime scene;
(d) any submissions made by the occupier.
[B](2) The issuer may issue a crime scene warrant only if reasonably satisfied the place is a crime scene[/B].
(3) If before the application is considered, the place stops being a crime scene, the issuer may issue a crime scene warrant that has effect only for the time the place was a crime scene

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/current/P/PolicePowResA00.pdf

I agree....I find this kind of talk, entirely over the top and melodramatic.....and most probably completely unfounded.

There is no reason, to be barricading your children up in such a manner, especially after what they have been through.

I don't think i'd be taking chances though, especially if the family had received threats. People who are passionate about justice can go over top. I remember the Anthony family (Caylee's grandparents) experienced diabolical behaviour from the public, but quite frankly they invited it through their own big mouths. GBC and family are at least staying quiet.

not that i know of. im not local, but there is huge media amd local interest surrounding this family and im sure there are a lot of people locally with nothing better to do, and a lot of angry people! my opinion only.

IMO it really doesn't matter if anyone has been seen looking through the windows. If I read some of the posts on this forum being a parent, I'd be boarding up every window and door. Just the increase of traffic around the house. I'd be taking every precaution. There are some nut cases out there, and you cant pick who is going to do what. VERY unnerving indeed. If you are a celebrity and you have the media and members of the public watching your every move, particulary if you have just hit the news for something, you have the luxury of being able to afford security surveillance and guards as well as high walls to keep people out. These girls don't have the availability of that, next best thing is boarding up your house.

I dont understand. If you are innocent and you know people are talking about you and making threats wouldnt you make some sort of statement stating that? Id be yelling from the rooftops.
If guilty its about time you stepped up and accepted whats handed to you by the law? For your childrens sakes. Living like that is just so wrong.

I agree Amee...police would be yelling it from the rooftops also.

HE, GBC, is the one who has put those children in the position they're now in....in my opinion.

not that i know of. im not local, but there is huge media amd local interest surrounding this family and im sure there are a lot of people locally with nothing better to do, and a lot of angry people! my opinion only.

But the media aren't hounding them are they?

And I don't think media would publish sneaky photos of the children!

I think the media have been very good to them, its nothing like the attention he would get if it were in America.

I can understand the little girls not being allowed to play in the front yard, it is in the realms of possibility that people could ask them questions and journalists have been known to take photos of children and get interviews from children etc.

The windows I think may be precaution at night. perhaps you can see in. I said I would walk up and find out about those plates, I am capable of doing that, and would engage GBC in conversation if the situation was right, the little girls though are another matter.

I have always thought the "bus stop" sighting was strange. I have come up with a scenario though that I would like to get some opinions on:

Allison is expecting GBC to be home when she arrives on the Thursday evening, but instead NBC has been sent. He tells Allison that it is all over, the business is in deep trouble, the marriage is not working and Gerard wants a divorce and settlement. Allison is angry about NBC confronting her about these issues, about her husband not being a home (he was supposed to be looking after the children but took them to his parents home and drove his father back to his Brookfield home to wait for Allison). A full on row erupts, then calms a little and Allison prepares to drop Nigel home. In her car on the way they have another big row, NBC hits her and kills her. He then wanders aimlessly, calls GBC and he tells his father to wait at the bus stop. GBC driving his own car, picks up his father at the bus stop and they drive back to Allison car. The body is moved from the drivers seat to either the passenger seat or another car, probably the passenger or back seat and they then drive and dispose of the body. They then return to Brookfield and whatever happens after.

Perhaps someone else has another idea or can refine mine, it just fits in with some of the things we know are fact

So true NADS - I honestly don't think the CM and others have been stalking them at all, quite the opposite in fact given that there are lawyers at the ready to strike any possibly published words that leave their journalistic notepads. Keeping the story close to his heart so he can negotiate the big bucks for the story down the track!!!

I am sure if the police were worried about the kids being victims of community interest would offer them some degree of protection - kind of just let us know if anything is amiss around your home sort of stuff. This would IMHO discourage anyone from taking up any viewing positions.

You can hardly stop people reversing doing U-turns and using your driveway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie