Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the people talking about it were adamant that they would do it. Even if they weren't serious how is he meant to know? I thought they sounded pretty serious.

Boarding up the windows suggests he is afraid of more than just stickybeakers. It wouldn't suprise me if he had recieved threats or hate mail.

From a reliable source (so take at will): at the wake a guest said loudly, within earshot of GBC that if GBC same near him (the guest) that he's deck the murdering *advertiser censored*.
Same source has said that GBC knows people think it was him (including ABC's folks) and that people have said things to him - so I'm not at all surprised he's worried.
At the end of the day, even if he's being over protective, it's better than being under protective.

Some of the people talking about it were adamant that they would do it. Even if they weren't serious how is he meant to know? I thought they sounded pretty serious.

Boarding up the windows suggests he is afraid of more than just stickybeakers. It wouldn't suprise me if he had recieved threats or hate mail.

I feel that you have taken the posts made a twee too literally. (I was one of those who said id walk up the driveway....and likely run away with him yelling at me, in my wake).

In relation to boarding up the windows......Does it not reach a point somewhere in this sorry saga, where Gerard stops making this about Gerard.....and starts thinking about the SHEs instead?

Oh, I was a little bit hurt.....wah wah wah..............meanwhile his wife is DEAD.

Oh, Im a suspect and have haters (writing lidle idle letters).......wah wah wah...................better BOARD UP MY CHILDREN.

This is a level of concerning instability to me.......Lets stop making it seem that the concern, is sleuthers walking a little up the driveway, and think about what is the real concern here...........The girls are living in a boarded up environment!!!!

I dont know if anybody has mentioned or noticed what looks like a square post, or perhaps it is the policeman's gear case, that is positioned just where the guardrail connects with the bridge on the left in the photo. Not sure you would call it a bollard, but looks like timber, not very high though so don't know if that would do that kind of damage.

Wondering if there are any timber bollards, stumps etc in that enclave at Kholo Creek or near the Scout Camp?

Maybe he is doing his best to protect his kids. Boarding up the windows might be the lesser of two evils. Moving wouldn't help much. People would soon find out where he is anyway.

exactly what I just said to my son - when we are worried about things and thinking about them a lot we probably shouldn't be driving:twocents:

I am a nervous nelly when I drive, I am happy driving to the places I know well but hate going to a strange area. I rarely go over the bridge to the northside because I get lost for a start then everything goes wrong after that lol.

My husband often asks me to drive to the northside to meet up with him for lunch or to take him something and I tell him I will crash one day and it will be his fault lol.

Local intel only - not registered, so IMO. Tried to post before but failed so hope I am not duplicating.

Just popped in quickly to answer Curiousasacat's question as to whether I knew of ABC having been seen on crutches. Answer - No, I personally did not see that but did not see her that often. I have spoken with others who have more recent contact and they had no knowledge either.

Re cars - in my post about the plates and change over I suggested that maybe it happened when the Lexus was changed for the Captiva and that could be the case. A very reliable source said that the Captiva was Allison's. It was certainly true that ABC originally drove the Prado but Caviar's intel on the Prado damage being caused by GBC before ABC went missing certainly fits with the new arrangement. Sorry to be at a difference with another local on this one (Squizzey1). Not sure when they got the Captiva though.

Re crime scene. It was reported in the article below which I think is the first CM report that the house was a crime scene but does not actually state when. I drove past on Saturday 21st around 1pm and it was taped off then (gave me the shudders to be honest) and I know from locals that police were everywhere from early Friday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/police-search-under-way-for-missing-mother-of-three-at-brookfield/story-e6freon6-1226334962242

It was also reported in an article the next day in the Sunday Mail that they had ruled out that Allison had been abducted and that they (the Police) "had their suspicions".

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Baden-Clay.htm

I feel that you have taken the posts made a twee too literally. (I was one of those who said id walk up the driveway....and likely run away with him yelling at me, in my wake).

In relation to boarding up the windows......Does it not reach a point somewhere in this sorry saga, where Gerard stops making this about Gerard.....and starts thinking about the SHEs instead?

Oh, I was a little bit hurt.....wah wah wah..............meanwhile his wife is DEAD.

Oh, Im a suspect and have haters (writing lidle idle letters).......wah wah wah...................better BOARD UP MY CHILDREN.

This is a level of concerning instability to me.......Lets stop making it seem that the concern, is sleuthers walking a little up the driveway, and think about what is the real concern here...........The girls are living in a boarded up environment!!!!

Maybe because people go overboard sometimes:needdrink:

I agree and I think it is ok for me to say this as it isnt something that will hurt the case. I have been told that the family has received serious threats and a family member went to the police station to report it and take in evidence.

Some thought that person was there for other reasons like helping....nope ironic as it was they were asking for help...pfffff.

That's awful if it's true.

A bit two-faced to expect help when they are not cooperating.

Maybe he is doing his best to protect his kids. Boarding up the windows might be the lesser of two evils. Moving wouldn't help much. People would soon find out where he is anyway.

One would think he would request that White Pages take his phone number off their Internet Site, however it would be still in the White Pages printed book. If hes that worried about his kids I would be getting the phone cut off or at least getting a new number, just imagine if one of the girls answered the phone.

Saturday morning was definitely when the tape went up. I saw it on my way to the Moggil markets across the road. I'm not sure of the process of declaring a crime scene - maybe it can be done before the tape goes up? Nothing was in the media until Saturday morning and states then the crime scene was declared.

I just thought I'd add a little to the question of crime scene processes.. From what I thought the tape should go up immediately. However I thought about it, and it was mentioned that the Police declared the house a crime scene on the Fri and executed crime scene warrants. I am going to share a link, that although it relates to NSW police powers, gives a general idea.. It may be and probably likely that as stated the Police declared a crimes scene on the Friday.. Police can as stated below declare a crimescene when they suspect a serious offence, this declaration can last a numbr of hours and they then may in that time apply for a warrant and this is usually then an extension of the initial crime scene declaration..so Perhaps the tape not going up until The Saturday may have been when they got official crime scene warrants..JMO Hope I haven't done too much quoting, thought it may have been of interest including some of the powers police have when a crime scene warrant has been executed....http://lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/pdo/ll_pdo.nsf/pages/PDO_policepowers

'These provisions are new and have the potential to radically expand police powers. They allow a police officer to establish a crime scene if police suspect a serious indictable offence (a crime where the maximum penalty is 5 years or more).They give police extensive powers over the scene.

two types of crime scene over non- public places “of any kind” S.89 (1) (s.89 (1)). An officer at the scene can declare the first. It lasts for up to three hours. The second, which can be an extension of the first, can only be established after a crime scene warrant is issued by a Magistrate. A warrant can be extended for up to 6 days (s. 73). However, once executed it can in theory, last indefinitely.

The police can take all the time necessary to do what they need to do, no matter how long it takes.

If a crime scene is established without warrant, police can exercise any of the powers set out in section 95(a) to 95(f): These include the power to:

· Direct a person not to enter and prevent a person from entering;
· Direct a person to leave or remove a person who fails to comply with such a direction;
· Prevent a person from removing evidence or interfering with the crime scene, and for that purpose detain and search the person;
· Prevent a person from removing evidence or interfering with the crime scene;
· Remove obstructions from the scene.

Once a Crime Scene Warrant is issued and executed the police may exercise all the above powers and:

· Perform any necessary investigation, including searches and inspections;
· Conduct examinations or processes;
· Open any thing that is locked;
· Take electricity gas or other utilities;
· Take photographs and conduct searches;
· Seize things that may be evidence of the commission of an offence;
· Dig up anything;
· Remove walls, ceilings, floors or panels of vehicles; and
· Perform any other function reasonably necessary.'

I agree and I think it is ok for me to say this as it isnt something that will hurt the case. I have been told that the family has received serious threats and a family member went to the police station to report it and take in evidence.

Some thought that person was there for other reasons like helping....nope ironic as it was they were asking for help...pfffff.

That's horrible. Regardless of what he might have done, those kids have a right to try and get on with thier lives without feeling threatened or terrorised.

I am a nervous nelly when I drive, I am happy driving to the places I know well but hate going to a strange area. I rarely go over the bridge to the northside because I get lost for a start then everything goes wrong after that lol.

My husband often asks me to drive to the northside to meet up with him for lunch or to take him something and I tell him I will crash one day and it will be his fault lol.

Southside is a disaster for me!

What was the date of the fund raising cricket match for Allison? I'm just writing this so that this post won't be totally off topic. But I do want to know as well, just can't bee bothered googling :)

IMO it is highly unlikely the Police would give out any information that the Prado was damaged, they would be asking people what they noticed about any particular Prado in the hope that a witness was able to say that there was damage to the front left bumper as this would give the witness and their case far greater credibility than stating the damage and having the Defence Team claiming that a witness was led. It also helps Police determine genuine witness accounts, compared to often found fake witnesses seeking their 15 minutes of fame and also mistaken witnesses who may be unsure of what they have actually seen.

Every statement taken by Police is scrutinised extensively to either credit or discredit the statement. The less information supplied by Police in the public arena assists greatly to determine the good from the bad.

BBM and I agree. It is also interesting that the vehicle has been released. Meaning (IMO) that QPS don't need any more vehicle sighting witnesses. (any new witnesses could now be tainted due to ongoing speculation of the damage to the car)

IMO/MOO etc

I dont understand. If you are innocent and you know people are talking about you and making threats wouldnt you make some sort of statement stating that? Id be yelling from the rooftops.
If guilty its about time you stepped up and accepted whats handed to you by the law? For your childrens sakes. Living like that is just so wrong.

I dont understand. If you are innocent and you know people are talking about you and making threats wouldnt you make some sort of statement stating that? Id be yelling from the rooftops.
If guilty its about time you stepped up and accepted whats handed to you by the law? For your childrens sakes. Living like that is just so wrong.

I feel the same Amee.....With all this going on, one would think this a logical step.

squizzey1, thanks for your posts. Regarding NBC, can you tell, if you know, whether there is any possibility of him having any degree of dementia? I only ask as its a thought that went through my mind last night when another poster mentioneed seeing him and his wife out and about the otherday and the posters description of him, and I was remembering the post about him sitting at the bus shelter of the roundabout in the middle of the night. Just asking of the possibilities..

Shhhhhh defense counsel will use that now....."NBC had no idea why he ended up walking to the bus shelter, he has dementia" :what:

Southside is a disaster for me!

What was the date of the fund raising cricket match for Allison? I'm just writing this so that this post won't be totally off topic. But I do want to know as well, just can't bee bothered googling :)

Think it is the 24th..

Its funny re the northside/southside thing re driving.. I am opposite and must just depend what you are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95