Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes thats right..then he would be reasonably adept at turning on the charm and gentle persuasion..he has also done some public speaking, and of course, HE WAS A REAL ESTATE AGENT!!! by all accounts he was skilled in the area of smarmy manipulation...at the very least, he certainly thought so.

Still, I only think it would be possible for GBC to smooth it over without police insisiting they either talk to or sight Allison, if

a) two cars weren't sent out...thats at least four officers..you can't swindle all of em IMO

b) there was some uncertainty where the arguing and disturbance came from

c) he had no prior domestic violence reports

I agree with your a,b and c. In addition to being 'skilled in smarmy manipulation' he would no doubt have connections in political circles. IMO

And a lot of links in the early threads as well. I have just been looking for some media reports and either the posts are not there or the link does not work.

Just a tip which may help...if you find a heading or a paragraph from the report in a post which includes the link, copy/paste the heading or even just a sentence from that into google...it usually turns up unless it has been completely removed or replaced.

That may be the case but some of the news reports from Channel 7, 10 and SBS have been edited to now show the body bag being hauled up to the bridge but no shots of he body itself

Yes because they would have received complaints about it??...there's been quite a few on here who have complained over last few weeks.

Another possible angle with the police. What if they were at the house for some other reason than a DV call. Maybe they had invited a couple of police officer friends over to have a chat after work about some community event. He really wanted to show that all was well and happy in the BC household that night. They would be excellent witnesses to the state of harmony in the home that evening. ( I don't necessarily believe this would be the case, but just thought I would put it out there). Just trying to think of the different angles

MG is the info from an American website, as I don't think we have degrees of murder here. :)

My humble apologies.... she says as she slumps away shoulders down head hung low in shame and embarrassed yet again. I have demoted myself to 'sleuth lurker' from this point forth... :banghead:

2. The Murder/Manslaughter Distinction in Unlawful Homicide

2.1 “Unlawful homicide” is the killing of a human being in circumstances where the law does not excuse killing. In New South Wales, unlawful homicide is generally classified as either murder or manslaughter. The murder/manslaughter distinction is a long-standing feature of our law, emerging first in England in the 16th century as a mechanism used to ensure that capital punishment was imposed for certain killings classified as “murder”.1 Today, the distinction between murder and manslaughter is seen to reflect degrees of seriousness of unlawful killings, based on the everyday understanding that some killings are more blameworthy than others. Liability for murder is reserved for the most serious or reprehensible killings, whereas manslaughter applies to unlawful killings which are recognised by the law as less blameworthy, whether because the offender’s mental state was affected by some mitigating influence, or because the offender did not intend to kill or otherwise lacked the requisite guilty mind for murder.

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lrc.nsf/pages/R82CHP2

See this link also....

Criminal Code Act 1899

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/legisltn/current/c/crimincode.pdf

Thank you....that's what I was after :rocker:

Another possible angle with the police. What if they were at the house for some other reason than a DV call. Maybe they had invited a couple of police officer friends over to have a chat after work about some community event. He really wanted to show that all was well and happy in the BC household that night. They would be excellent witnesses to the state of harmony in the home that evening. ( I don't necessarily believe this would be the case, but just thought I would put it out there). Just trying to think of the different angles

Or... Popped in to ask whether this 'upstanding member of the community' had heard anything as some people in the neighbourhood had thought they had heard some sort of disturbance.IMO

Or... Popped in to ask whether this 'upstanding member of the community' had heard anything as some people in the neighbourhood had thought they had heard some sort of disturbance.IMO

It has been 52 days now. It disturbs me to think this has flown under the radar

yes thats right..then he would be reasonably adept at turning on the charm and gentle persuasion..he has also done some public speaking, and of course, HE WAS A REAL ESTATE AGENT!!! by all accounts he was skilled in the area of smarmy manipulation...at the very least, he certainly thought so.

Still, I only think it would be possible for GBC to smooth it over without police insisiting they either talk to or sight Allison, if

a) two cars weren't sent out...thats at least four officers..you can't swindle all of em IMO

b) there was some uncertainty where the arguing and disturbance came from

c) he had no prior domestic violence reports

Mini you have just jogged my memory. About four months ago I had a couple staying at my little hostel (they were here for about 8 weeks before moving overseas, were recently married, very much in love, he was from oz she was from Europe). One afternoon I see him leave in his BMW she walks to the gate and sees him drive off. She goes inside. Half an hour later three police cars turn up, him and his father (whom he apparently despised) in another car. He goes inside, I go downstairs say to the police (who are all standing outside) 'what is happening, I have not heard anything, what is going on'. The four police men and one female officer were just standing outside. He is inside packing his bags. I go in and say 'what is going on' he says ' nothing I am just moving out' she is looking at me saying 'is this a dream or a movie what is happening?'. I go outside ask the police what is going on? The officer in charge says 'he asked us to be here for him when he picked up his things as he was scared what could happen'. She was a very small gentle woman, he was a big fit6 ft tall person. At no stage did the police go inside to ensure she was ok. All officers and his father stayed outside.
They are now back together. Go figure!

It has been 52 days now. It disturbs me to think this has flown under the radar if that makes sense.

:candle: candle: candle: candle: candle: candle: candle: candle: candle: candle:

Do you mean, if no one actually paid attention to a possible disturbance that night, which could have saved her?

IMO for a couple that had been married for quite a while, I doubt that if there was DV in their relationship, this would have been the first instance police were called to their residence. My thinking is that there was a history of more than one event in police records. Police are not dumb individuals. Am sure they would have spoken to Allison personally, otherwise they would have raised the alarm that night. All of this is obviously based on my opinion that there was a history of DV in this marriage.

exactly CC...so the chances of police coming then leaving without sighting Allison are only going to be applicable if DV was not an issue within this marriage.
IMO I think puts to rest the thought that Allison was not there if they turned up that night.
In other words, I believe that Allison was alive and well when the police (if the police) were called out that night for a disturbance at their home. If they turned up, they stayed to make sure she was ok MOO :moo:

Daniel Morcombe: missed the bus due to reasons beyond his control
Anita Cobby: got off at a different train stop due to reasons beyond her control

I mean if the police were fooled by a silver tongue

I personally don't think so. If you take into account that GBC put the time of last seeing her alive at 10 pm and not earlier, say 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm. IMO there is a reason why he said 10 pm. Something could have happened well before 10 pm that prevented him from indicating another earlier time, i.e. police presence at the home around 8 or 9? JMHO.

exactly CC...so the chances of police coming then leaving without sighting Allison are only going to be applicable if DV was not an issue within this marriage.
IMO I think puts to rest the thought that Allison was not there if they turned up that night.
In other words, I believe that Allison was alive and well when the police (if the police) were called out that night for a disturbance at their home. If they turned up, they stayed to make sure she was ok MOO :moo:

DV could be an issue without police being aware-may have never involved police. Sometimes people don't want anyone else to know. IMO

Fully agree!

DV could be an issue without police being aware-may have never involved police. Sometimes people don't want anyone else to know. IMO

Yes, but like we have discussed in earlier threads, serious arguments are heard by neighbours and over the years, there could have been other reports to police that we are not aware of.

I personally don't think so. If you take into account that GBC put the time of last seeing her alive at 10 pm and not earlier, say 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm. IMO there is a reason why he said 10 pm. Something could have happened well before 10 pm that prevented him from indicating another earlier time, i.e. police presence at the home around 8 or 9? JMHO.

They would have also confirmed with the hairdresser what time Allison left there. Was she at the hairdresser around 7pm or was it earlier?? If it was around that time there'd be a space of a few hours to the time she was "last seen".

Yes, but like we have discussed in earlier threads, serious arguments are heard by neighbours and over the years, there could have been other reports to police that we are not aware of.

I understand what you are saying but also believe that sometimes even neighbours are not aware of DV. It isn't always loud. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties