Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nads... what are the three or four key pieces of 'evidence' for you, acknowledging this is not a court of any kind, that point to the prime suspect's guilt?

same question to Greg , rational, anyone else who is kind enough to respond...

I stole that question from Toowong without attribution, my apologies.

He was right at least once, going on the 2011 case report below.

A Man Who Represents Himself Has a Fool for a Client
Posted on December 6, 2011 by andrewmishlove
An interesting court of appeals decision today came out of Ohio, where the defendant who represented himself made three blunders that caused him to be convicted of a DUI. He was arrested for DUI while on a bicycle.

Now, in some states it is sufficient for a DUI to be on a “vehicle,” which may include a bicycle. Other states, such as Wisconsin, normally require it to be a “motor vehicle.” This fellow got his legal advice from his friends, family, the police and maybe the judge; and, he plead guilty. Only later, he learned that in Ohio, drunken bicycling is not a DUI. So, naturally, he made a motion to reconsider his case, still representing himself.

The second blunder was that he missed the time limit for filing the motion to reconsider. In order to get around the time limit, he filed a motion alleging ineffective assistance of counsel. In effect, he attacked his representation of himself. That, of course, is not allowed either.

So, the fellow’s client wound up with a DUI on his record solely because of the bad representation that he received from himself.

On the other hand, think of the money that he saved in legal fees.

The case is Olmstead Falls v. Buckwald. Thanks to my Illinois colleague and fellow NCDD Regent, Don Ramsell, for bringing this to my attention.

:what:

IMO he was just ignorant :floorlaugh:

Nothing to do with P.Tully's blog though.

I have used the word evidence to describe what I see as evidence in my eyes, not what the police would actually term evidence in a legal sense.
1. GBCs changing story of when ABC went for her walk.
2. Police noting circumstances at BCs home that made them suspicious.
3. Police request for witnesses regarding movements of the BCs cars.
4. GBC engaging lawyer and barrister early on.
5. THAT interview.
6. Car accident on the way to police station. Odds of wife going missing and car accident during same week very long.

I realise that the evidence I have given has relied on what we have been told via the media. I would be so glad to be proven wrong for the sake of those three little girls. I just can't see any other possibilities.

Thanks for responding - I totally understand where you're coming from LouiseP. I respect your view, I just don't see it that way myself. To reference back to your list:

1. I think this was more a result of confusing reporting by the press than GBC changing his story, so I don't factor it into my thinking. I think if GBC had chopped and changed his story to QPS they would have him behind bars already. Whatever he told QPS sounded plausible enough to launch a massive missing person search.
2. The house was the last place ABC was supposedly seen alive, so makes sense for QPS to have a close look at it and in fact make it an official part of the investigation.
3. It is quite plausible that ABC left the house that night willingly, in either one of the cars and QPS are trying to piece together where she was going and why, and who returned the car and when.
4. I too would engage a lawyer if I were GBC and found myself caught up in this situation (and I was innocent). The press were blatantly insinuating his guilt early on, this has stopped since the lawyers came on board.
5. Everyone reacts differently under media and public scrutiny, god knows how I would look on camera knowing most people assumed I was guilty!
6. Innocent or guilty, GBC had a lot on his plate that week! Probably not sleeping, maybe on medication... I don't read much into the car accident, I've had quite a few myself.

Sadly there are still really no true "facts"! Even the simplest details are disputed - did the girls stay that night, did ABC go walking at night or the next morning, who drove which car, what conference (real estate or pathways) was ABC planning to attend? There are elements of doubt to everything. That's why I'm still fair and square on the fence...

I also have this gut feeling that ABC willingly left the house after GBC went to bed, in one of the family cars, possibly to meet someone, and the police are trying to piece together who/where/why and perhaps even which car she took. And if this is the case GBC ceases to be the prime suspect on my whiteboard.

Nads... what are the three or four key pieces of 'evidence' for you, acknowledging this is not a court of any kind, that point to the prime suspect's guilt?

- He is the husband of the victim (statistics)
- He was at the house at the time of her alleged disappearance from the house
- He was allegedly the last one to see her alive

I am a gut instinct sort of person. The impromptu interview did it for me.
Plus the mounting pile of doggy doo evidence the police are collecting on him isn't making me change my mind.

As well as motive and opportunity.

Bingo!

he is so far the last person to see her alive, Case... even he himself has not put forward anyone else who may have... no one else has. Not the Dickies, not his friends, not her friends, not Olivia, not the police , not any single verifiable person has put up an alternative to Gerard being the last to see her alive. In her home. No one has seen Allison outside her home again since he last saw her on the couch watching the footy show. Not a single solitary person.

Statistically, he's in the frame.. overwhelmingly, women who are murdered in Australia are murdered in their homes by their partners. Overwhelmingly..

So I take your stuff and add it to Louise's list, thankyou, Case

Thanks for responding - I totally understand where you're coming from LouiseP. I respect your view, I just don't see it that way myself. To reference back to your list:

1. I think this was more a result of confusing reporting by the press than GBC changing his story, so I don't factor it into my thinking. I think if GBC had chopped and changed his story to QPS they would have him behind bars already. Whatever he told QPS sounded plausible enough to launch a massive missing person search.
2. The house was the last place ABC was supposedly seen alive, so makes sense for QPS to have a close look at it and in fact make it an official part of the investigation.
3. It is quite plausible that ABC left the house that night willingly, in either one of the cars and QPS are trying to piece together where she was going and why, and who returned the car and when.
4. I too would engage a lawyer if I were GBC and found myself caught up in this situation (and I was innocent). The press were blatantly insinuating his guilt early on, this has stopped since the lawyers came on board.
5. Everyone reacts differently under media and public scrutiny, god knows how I would look on camera knowing most people assumed I was guilty!
6. Innocent or guilty, GBC had a lot on his plate that week! Probably not sleeping, maybe on medication... I don't read much into the car accident, I've had quite a few myself.

Sadly there are still really no true "facts"! Even the simplest details are disputed - did the girls stay that night, did ABC go walking at night or the next morning, who drove which car, what conference (real estate or pathways) was ABC planning to attend? There are elements of doubt to everything. That's why I'm still fair and square on the fence...

I also have this gut feeling that ABC willingly left the house after GBC went to bed, in one of the family cars, possibly to meet someone, and the police are trying to piece together who/where/why and perhaps even which car she took. And if this is the case GBC ceases to be the prime suspect on my whiteboard.

Thankyou Toowong for putting forward your thoughts on this case.
You are right in saying that even the simplest details are disputed. There are people that would know the true answers to these questions but it seems that the police are happy to let the confusion continue. They must have their reasons. I just feel that the damage this is doing to GBCs reputation would be irreparable should he be innocent. Surely this would be something the police would take into account.
All we can hope is that the truth will out and the murderer/s will be dealt with to the full extent of the law.

You've summed it up well CC. Stripping out all the emotion and opinion, that's all there is on GBC. Circumstance, literally!

After 30 mins no "Thanks" from fellow fence sitters...

Wow - 37 members following tonight and I seem to be the only "fence sitter" among us.

I've been struggling to keep up the last few days, perhaps I've missed some new facts implicating the suspect? If so please fill me in!!!

No, you aren't the only one. But I am sitting much more heavily to one side of the fence than the other. As we have hardly any facts I feel unqualified to jump to a firm conclusion about anything.

Having said that, statistics make me lean to the most obvious suspect.

No, you aren't the only one. But I am sitting much more heavily to one side of the fence than the other. As we have hardly any facts I feel unqualified to jump to a firm conclusion about anything.

Having said that, statistics make me lean to the most obvious suspect.

Careful, you might fall off to the wrong side of the fence ;)

Glad to see I'm not the lone ranger up here on the fence...

The key clue seems to be the Captiva - it still seems to be impounded by QPS (from what we know) and I recall police at one point were asking other Captiva drivers who drove through the area that night to step forward (I wonder how that line of enquiry went?!).

Some people seem to forget that Cr Tully also has a Law Degree. IMO the man is not stupid. He knows exactly why he is writing what he is writing IMO.

I admire Paul Tully's tenacity. Good on him for saying what he thinks and sticking it up the nay sayers. He's doing his best to keep the bastards honest IMO. :rocker:

Keep your opinions coming Paul. :woohoo:

When I read it It gave me the feeling that the AG was letting it be known that he was agreeable with the QPA approaching him (bring it on) with a deal.I don't think I can recall an Att. General addressing the media (to dispute a blog of all things) in such a way. It seemed very unusual to me. Just a gut feeling there was more to it. MOOOO

I found the comment from the AG in the latest Cm articlehttp://news.com.au/national/baden-clay-murder-immunity-rumour-attacked/story-e6frfkvr-1226391661550

"If the police put in a request, I have the power to grant immunity to someone if they believe they can get someone by evidence that's going to incriminate someone else, but I haven't had that approach as far as I know," he said.

Interesting, he hasn't been approached as far as he knows?? Wouldn't he know? Maybe it hasn't reached him yet, perhaps he knows its on the cards, maybe Police have conferred with him but put no official request in yet??

I found the comment from the AG in the latest Cm articlehttp://news.com.au/national/baden-clay-murder-immunity-rumour-attacked/story-e6frfkvr-1226391661550

"If the police put in a request, I have the power to grant immunity to someone if they believe they can get someone by evidence that's going to incriminate someone else, but I haven't had that approach as far as I know," he said.

Interesting, he hasn't been approached as far as he knows?? Wouldn't he know? Maybe it hasn't reached him yet, perhaps he knows its on the cards, maybe Police have conferred with him but put no official request in yet??

IMO it's very telling that he has taken the time to come out and make a statement in the press. He could have just ignored Paul Tully's blog. How many times have we heard of high power figures who claim not to know, but it is later proven their office/staff did know? Do they want this case put to bed quickly hence he is instigating DPP to approach him now?

The Scout Association was formed under its previous name, The Boy Scout Association, in 1910 by the grant of a charter by the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The Boy Scout Association was renamed as The Scout Association in 1967.

The association's president is HRH Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is a patron of the organisation.

Scouting was now a global phenomenon, with a Royal Charter of 4 January 1912 incorporating The Boy Scout Association throughout the British Empire, with "the purpose of instructing boys of all classes in the principles of discipline loyalty and good citizenship", being granted by George V.[15] The first World Jamboree for Scouts was held in Olympia, London in 1920, and was a celebration and conference of the World Organization of the Scout Movement.[12]

The Scout Association has had many notable members in the past, with the following selection being the best known:

Tony Blair – former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom[51]
Richard Branson – Virgin Group Founder[51]
John Major – former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom[50]

Sourced from The Scout Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SKMA, IMO this is not big time baby as you tagged your message above. This is a total wank! I couldn't give a rats about what royal or political names are associated with the scouting movement. After reading about Baden-Powell, the pedophile and murderer who started the scout movement, I feel totally sorry for those boys (and later girls) who were caught up in this evil web. Perhaps these royals and politicians should have done some research on Baden-Powell.

I'm also hoping that the Baden-Clays are now wishing they'd never mentioned their connection to their pedophile murdering ancestor.

MOO.

Things are heating up IMO! Maybe we'll see some more interesting news this week!
Good Night!:bedtime:

I was looking for the insulting post from SK10? (sorry if I have the wrong poster) but I think it has been deleted. It was the one basically accusing everyone of false sympathy for someone we didn't know etc.
Anyway, rude as it was, it has made me think about why I am so affected by this case. There are many reasons, like that I have three children of similar ages and I am about the same age as Allison. I lead a normal life much the same as Allison did kids,husband,work, school, the usual. But I think the main thing is that Allisons death is such an affront to me as another person.
Many times I have read or viewed details of murders that are sad in that a person has died, but, in many cases, I have thought."well if they weren't dealing drugs or in a bikie gang or committing a crime it would not have happened". There are some people the world is better off without sometimes. But in this case, Allison was a innocent, harmless person living her life as best she could,like me, not intentionally causing harm to anyone. She loved her family and all she wanted (I think) would be to live her life and watch her children grow up and to give and receive love. It is not much to ask and it is just so sad that someone could not let her have her life as she imagined it.
In that small instant so much has been taken away from all of them. Even the peace of mind of the murderer/s. Just so sad, wrong and unnecessary.
Sorry for the long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member