Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You CAN refuse a drug/breath test, however I think you then get arrested for failing to provide one

IMO this gets me thinking a son would do anything to protect his mother Oh perhaps this is the missing link?

I think we've covered the possibility/pure speculation of the parents' involvement in earlier threads?

I think the most 'haunting' question for me is why did the police react as swiftly as they did when the missing person report was made. Was it something they saw or heard that made them so suspicious?

And also the hunt for the i-phone. My understanding is that they can track both incoming and outgoing calls and SMS via the carrier. What else could the phone tell them? Her contact list? Maybe notes? Her calendar? Photos?

The iPhone would also have actual wording of SMS, which could show what was said in the days/hours leading to that moment? iPhones have an iMessage system which does not work through the phone number itself, but via Apple's login account through email. It only works between Apple devices but may still give the police some clues as to who she communicated with and what was said.

Allison was going to a conference on Friday. You can transfer money with a iPhone. Is there an ATM at the roundabout?

Hi all - have been watching for a few days and now have the chance to share some more thoughts. Have been very interested to see your thought processes (minus the bickering - which btw if any of the family are following this, they would be loving, as it may lead to us getting closed down)....

Would be interested to hear thoughts on the following and very keen to hear if you don't agree as I do not want to be right!:

1. The Kenmore roundabout. A few posters have suggested that maybe some type of "transaction" or "exchange" was occurring there, which is why police are calling for witnesses. I cannot see why on earth anyone would do this at the Kenmore roundabout, the most well lit and public/busy places in Kenmore - there are so many dark streets and bush around. I think perhaps something did happen though - perhaps a car went round the roundabout a few times in indecision?

2. I am kind of stuck on the whole roundabout thing. As many people have said, it just isn't the logical way to go from the GBC residence to Kholo Creek, especially if you were in a hurry and not wanting to be noticed. Perhaps ABC was driving to GBC's offices in Taringa? Or perhaps GBC was driving home from Taringa at that time? Perhaps they are just trying to catch him in a lie, it mightn't be that anything sinister actually happened at the roundabout....your thoughts?

3. My thoughts are starting to lean towards it being something to do with GBC's business. This was obviously struggling and appearances seemed to mean a great deal to him (I don't know him personally but am a local) - perhaps ABC did discover something fraudulent was going on - thus wanting to go to the office at that late hour....?

4. I am also concerned about the children - I believe that if they go back home to that house with them alone, and everyone allows it, then we have to accept the fact that he isn't going to be arrested. I cannot fathom how the family and/or authorities could allow this to happen at present when there is such a big question mark over his head - thus, if the kids go with him, I reckon he is out of the frame. I'm hoping my theory is correct and thus they are working hard to make the arrest before the living situation becomes an issue. I don't think I'm being over the top - surely they wouldn't allow the children to be back in his custody solely, if they thought he was a murderer?

5. All the public interest in this case has made me think more than once of the pedophile case here a few years back - Ferguson I think - you may recall that the case against him was jeopardised as it was successfully argued that he could not possibly get a fair trial, given the rallying of the public against him and they could not find an unbaised juror - I guess we should be careful about this.

Let's get some more thoughts and discussions out there.

I believe the police are trying to identify the driver of a specific vehicle with the roundabout question. I have been PM'ed by a forum member who said their partner was contacted by police as they had the number plate of their vehicle from that traffic camera. If that's the case, they probably have a lot of information about the movement of traffic thru that roundabout between the times of interest. The pictures from that camera probably don't clearly identify occupants of the vehicles.

I think GBC's business issues would have caused some stress at home, and any arguments might have included his insecurity / anger / loss of face over a 'crumbling empire' combined with the issues which would be present following infidelity, if this was involved. Personally I don't think Allison would have been interested in the low level detail of the business dealings, I think she seems to have escaped that trap some time ago, no longer being on 'staff' and having her own career and interests. I think her main consideration would be aiming for a happy family life and good environment for her daughters.

Why anyone would head from Allison's home (if that's where they left from) to the place she was found via Kenmore instead of Rafting Ground remains to be seen - most probably blind panic (or something) if it was the perpetrator's choice of route, or as a result of Allison's intention to head for populated area if she was in flight mode and trying to escape before being subdued. Maybe the attacker knew the teen party was on down the road toward Rafting Ground Rd and would likely be seen by these revellers (most likely wandering the street in the vicinity). Or maybe the perpetrator figured the more main roads would attract less attention if someone did happen to be out at the same time.

I don't think the children are at major risk. Whoever did this to Allison undertook a personal attack with the anger directed at her, for whatever reason remaining to be proven. The children probably don't fall into the same risk category. I sincerely hope not.

The reality is that the police do not have enough evidence and that each day that goes past that they donot make an arrest they show how little they have, as I have said before,the police make most arrests out of bluff into confessions when it comes to this sort of thing.Only about 2% lawyer up and even less get a barrister, keep in mind the % is 100 times lower for someone who has not even been nominated as a POI let alone a suspect.
This is in for the long haul because the police are not dealing with a dumb person who chokes and gives in, they now have to do all the hard work because they realise they have a QC and a criminalawyer to deal with. No debating will change this, I have been active in this forum since it started but this is my first post in 25 pages because you are all saying the same thing over and over again.

I hope Allison didn't go and meet a batman for Gerard because he was too scared?

Yes...though I'm pretty sure they have saliva tests for drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana. Breath test for alcohol. If you get pulled over they usually breathilize first, if it's neg and you're still acting weird, then they pull out the saliva test. When they set up booze buses, I think they do both anyway. I've seen this on TV on "The Force".

Also they do this when they pull people up on party nights like Fri and Sat nights, they will set up a kind of road block and pull people over randomly, even if they don't see them driving recklessly. So I would imagine that hitting a pylon head on would be grounds for both mandatory breath and saliva analysis.

Saliva testing tends to be front line "detection" as is your stock standard alcohol breath test.
In order to quantify - they run a drug panel on either blood or urine. Based on drug metabolites etc etc.
Thing is, if you eat poppy seeds, this comes up as opiates in a Urine Drug screen. And if you consume Opiates (Codeine) this metabolises into morphine...so it's a big complex web of chemistry and that's why Tox screens take so long. Ugh. Tell me to stop waffling! This stuff is my bread and butter though :)

Allison was going to a conference on Friday. You can transfer money with a iPhone. Is there an ATM at the roundabout?

There is a WBC and NAB at the roundabout that I know of. There could be more.

Nice work Tiff. More insight into what his ethical standards are.

Really the only reason to set up the finance company would be for real estate. He could also get away with it because it's his own business.

I hardly think anyone would finance work wear, and I doubt flight center management would let him finance their flight bookings. I'm pretty sure they don't even offer finance and if they did, they would probably have their own that they themselves would benefit from.

With the iPhone, there are plenty of other apps with a chat feature. There are also photos, notes, sound recording, video, etc that could be pulled from it. It would also have pretty definite prints of whoever the last few people were to touch it with regards to fingerprinting.

Please stop the personal attacks now. You may disagree with a post or an opinion, but you will do it with respect on this forum or there will be a loss of posting privileges.

Keep the personalizations out of your posts!

or as a result of Allison's intention to head for populated area if she was in flight mode and trying to escape before being subdued. Maybe the attacker knew the teen party was on down the road toward Rafting Ground Rd and would likely be seen by these revellers (most likely wandering the street in the vicinity). Or maybe the perpetrator figured the more main roads would attract less attention if someone did happen to be out at the same time.

I don't think the children are at major risk. Whoever did this to Allison undertook a personal attack with the anger directed at her, for whatever reason remaining to be proven. The children probably don't fall into the same risk category. I sincerely hope not.

Could he have been chasing her in his car??

That's some awesome sleuthing there, Tiff.

Also, is there a way we can check online for any prior disturbances in the area they live in? Like when police are called out for a domestic issue? I tried to search for any information that may have been in court (like transcripts) but they have to be applied for.

Thanks AllyG. I will try to find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member