Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they all seem to have pretty distinguishable plates, why on earth *arent* they telling the public. I know Id have more luck remembering a certain number plate than "a white car" at a roundabout :waitasec:

Exactly I was thinking the same thing
I always check number plates out

Could that be GBC lying down on the left of the picture - looks like a blanket over him with member of public/security assisting?

That security guard may have been the person who rang the police/ambulance. Also i wonder who the lady is at the car?? I actually thought that was GBC sitting up beside the car but that must be someone else

It's almost a dead centre head on! What was he thinking????? iMO premeditated.

They would definitely have checked for skid marks, IMO. Absence of skid marks would normally suggest either no time for braking (i.e. looking down at phone/distracted by something else), or deliberate action. Wish there were more photos like this i.e. further back up the road.

They do usually release some information on Cause of Death and some details - however in this case it will depend on whether they have enough evidence to charge someone I would think. If they are still gathering evidence, they might hold certain things back for reasons of strategy. But from memory in other cases, Cause of Death and basic info about what forensics have revelaed to show cause of death are released.

There may be a coronial inquest if nobody is indicted, and if so the findings will be published here:
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/coroners-court/findings

The coroner's finidngs would include a cause of death if it is possible to determine that. It will usually also refer to toxicology results if they are relevant to the cause of death. Coroners can no longer charge people with homicide in Qld but would refer the amtter to the DPP if a prosecution was not already on foot.

Reading coronial findings gives excellent insights into the nuts and bolts forsensic investigations and there are many published on that site.

If there is a trial then the best way to get an idea of the evidence is to attend it, assuming it's not just a guilty plea (which would be likely for manslaughter). It would be an open court and the prosecution would be likely to go through almost every piece of evidence they have.

Re: The missing iPhone.

On my iPhone I have the find my iPhone app.
Using gps it shows my iPhone at the location where it currently is.
Eg: if I log in now using my apple id (from any computer) it shows my iPhone at my current home address and on which side of the property it is (end room, rhs of property)

Im wondering if police had thought to do this or were even aware such technology exists?

If a phone was disposed of in a communication 'black spot' just near the triangulated area, would the phone reveal where it was at that time?

Could it be part of the car seat cover??

I thought that at first too, I zoomed and kinda looks like some sort of box? the top edge seems straight? Stuffed if I know tho, need a closer pic lol

Could it be part of the car seat cover??

I thought that initially too, but the shape seems wrong for a front seat. Initially I thought it was clothing hanging up in a dry cleaning bag - if you look closely there seems to be some sort of 'reflection' like you would seen on plastic. But it is hard to zoom in as the quality declines.

Hi - I'm a first time poster, but have been reading since Day 1. I grew up in the area, so I have an extreme emotional tie to this case. I just can't stop thinking about it.

There are so many sleuthers on this forum, with so many great thoughts, ideas and info - you are all pretty amazing. I don't know or think that I'll ever have much to add in comparison!

However, I am absolutely dying to know every detail of what happened, once an arrest has been made ........ but what has really upset me tonight, is the funeral details being made public. Surely this is important enough, to be a private, special time for Allison's family and close friends? My heart breaks for the girls, they should be allowed a special, private time to acknowledge their mum and say goodbye - without the presence of strangers. I just don't get it.

Hi - I'm a first time poster, but have been reading since Day 1. I grew up in the area, so I have an extreme emotional tie to this case. I just can't stop thinking about it.

There are so many sleuthers on this forum, with so many great thoughts, ideas and info - you are all pretty amazing. I don't know or think that I'll ever have much to add in comparison!

However, I am absolutely dying to know every detail of what happened, once an arrest has been made ........ but what has really upset me tonight, is the funeral details being made public. Surely this is important enough, to be a private, special time for Allison's family and close friends? My heart breaks for the girls, they should be allowed a special, private time to acknowledge their mum and say goodbye - without the presence of strangers. I just don't get it.

Maybe it's public because alot of people probably know the family that would like to go to it. I know even when the floods were happening some of the families arranged public funerals so people who wanted to go too pay their respects could. But then there are some families that decide to go private (like my brothers fiancees family) because they knew if it was public the media would turn up

There may be a coronial inquest if nobody is indicted, and if so the findings will be published here:
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/coroners-court/findings

The coroner's finidngs would include a cause of death if it is possible to determine that. It will usually also refer to toxicology results if they are relevant to the cause of death. Coroners can no longer charge people with homicide in Qld but would refer the amtter to the DPP if a prosecution was not already on foot.

Reading coronial findings gives excellent insights into the nuts and bolts forsensic investigations and there are many published on that site.

If there is a trial then the best way to get an idea of the evidence is to attend it, assuming it's not just a guilty plea (which would be likely for manslaughter). It would be an open court and the prosecution would be likely to go through almost every piece of evidence they have.

Thankyou for that link i didn't know that page was there and just found all the details to a friends car accident :(

I thought that at first too, I zoomed and kinda looks like some sort of box? the top edge seems straight? Stuffed if I know tho, need a closer pic lol

I need a closer pic too lol

**snip** ........ but what has really upset me tonight, is the funeral details being made public. Surely this is important enough, to be a private, special time for Allison's family and close friends? My heart breaks for the girls, they should be allowed a special, private time to acknowledge their mum and say goodbye - without the presence of strangers. I just don't get it.

I think the upside, bellgirl, is that Allison would have had a positive relationship with thousands of people during her life and many would like to attend. This will have a positive affect on the children knowing their mum was valued highly by a lot of people. I'm sure close friends will not let the media intrude on the family.

I guess they might have their own special private goodbye as well x

Yes, I understand what you mean, but it would be up to the family so they've obviously decided to make it public. Could be many reasons for that but it depends on who would have the most say. Maybe Allisons parents did want as many people who knew and loved Allison, whether they be well known to the family or not, to come along and show their support. Like a symbol of what a wonderful person Allison was. I hope this is the reason for the decision. It might make them feel better having all that love and support around them. Not that very much can make you feel better when something this bad has happened.

Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth
Good post. I agree and have tried to say the same..There may be alot of suspicion on one person and I am not saying its not a reasonable assumption based on the info at hand. However WE don't know for sure. And I feel the same for the family as awhole on the impact on some of the statements and and accusations as though its fact. I am not sure how my comment above that you quoted refers anything to something I was told and I am not hinting, hinting. I will go back and ask for my post to be deleted if it is a problem for people. I have appologized numerous times if it has caused issue for some people. I also said why I felt it may not be appropriate to state something that may not be the right thing to do. I felt before I even posted and had said so that I didn't agree with wild speculations that really were unfounded. A number of other people have also stated they felt there was more to it. I feel at this stage I should perhaps bow out of the conversation all together.

Hi unfoldingtruth. I actually really appreciate your posts and ideas. I think some people are being a tad hard on you, and I hope that you stick around.

I get the impression he may be leaning against the other side of the pileon. If you run your eye down the side of the leg of the security guy, it looks like there is a little something on the right.....possibly his arm. Then imagine a little space in front of him and the shirtless guy consoling him. They have the blanket there, but I dont think he is lying under it. Maybe GBC is beside himself. Lets hypothesise that he didn't harm his wife.........Imagine, his wife is missing, the police think he did it (probably)....and now the poor guy has had a crash. That would be enough to send even the hardest *advertiser censored* man, to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back