Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forensic Crash Unit came apparently. Considering the circumstances, a man, two days after his wife has disappeared, is seemingly on his way to speak with police about it, crashes his car. :what:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828

Hmmm I guess what Im thinking is... they came out to this single car ( staged? lol ) crash, but they wouldnt have a clue who hit my car that day... it could have been someone on the most wanted list for all they know! in fact Im not convinced he wasnt high or something... They just werent interested. Ambulance came, tow trucks etc etc

Anyhoo, Im completely off topic now - apologies!!

The Forensic Crash Unit came apparently. Considering the circumstances, a man, two days after his wife has disappeared, is seemingly on his way to speak with police about it, crashes his car. :what:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828
He may have had to call them as he was due to arrive at the police station to advise them that he wouldn't be making it? Then, because of the circumstances they probably wanted to attend. Although I would have thought that if there is an injury the police need to attend although I'm not sure.

If the crash wasn't an accident, you could be lead to believe that it happened so that the interview with the police wouldn't have needed to take place. Not just to hide injuries, but to escape having a conversation with the police that you weren't sure you could handle. Just an idea. Certainly not saying that with any proof ;)

Just an aside whilst on this photo of GBC. I noticed today when magnifying head shots of GBC that you can see some scratches on his face quite well in this shot. They dont look like rose bush type scratches either.

I cant for the life of me imagine how he could have explained away facial scratches to the police on the morning he reported ABC missing. I mean, what amazing bad timing to have scratches on your face when your wife strangely disappears. Bizarre. Would love to know what he said.

Also, and I know this part came 2nd hand from a local regarding the hairdressers questioning of ABC, but why would she have scratches? Bruises or welts, but scratches? Not a typical sort of injury to sustain from a male I would think/

At about 1:16 on this video, they say his sister said he "fell over and bumped his head"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZnzRCYM4DA&feature=relmfu"]Police search husband's office for clues - YouTube[/ame]

He may have had to call them as he was due to arrive at the police station to advise them that he wouldn't be making it? Then, because of the circumstances they probably wanted to attend. Although I would have thought that if there is an injury the police need to attend although I'm not sure.

If the crash wasn't an accident, you could be lead to believe that it happened so that the interview with the police wouldn't have needed to take place. Not just to hide injuries, but to escape having a conversation with the police that you weren't sure you could handle. Just an idea. Certainly not saying that with any proof ;)

Know what ya mean AllyG ;)

The article also says he lawyered up after the accident. Makes you wonder if the heat was getting turned up on him and he couldn't face it without a lawyer?

OK I have started the timeline in relation to this case and it can be found here.

AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is only the first couple of days of media links so far and I will continue to work on it progressively until it is up to date.

I have not necessarily added every media link on each day as some are just repeats however if people would prefer that all links posted in previous threads on on each day be added just let me know and I can go back and edit it. I would rather know this now than get too far into it and have to go back.

This is so great that you are doing this. I wanted to do it myself but i simply don't have time. However I had started doing a few recently for my own use so I'll post them here and you can lift them if necessary. I thought the format would be helpful as it gives a brief description of what is in the link - but you could even add a bit more to the description as some articles have quite a few different key points in them.

The other thing is, in some cases, the same story can be a bit different in different media and occasionally there is a bit more info even if it is only a tiny bit. For example the reports of the screams - there is a sunday Telegraph and a Courier Mail one and i think each has a small amount of different info to the other.

Anyway, i hope this helps, there are not many but it's something.

ALLISON BADEN-CLAY LINKS

Websleuths TimelineAU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Reports of Screams (with photo) (29 April 2012 Sunday Telegraph)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-mum-disappeared/story-e6freuzr-1226341571937

Reports of Screams [with distance] (29 April 2012 Courier Mail)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

Story re Allison’s Father breaking down + Tributes
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lost-daughter/comments-e6freoof-1226346302840

Tests at the Roundabout – timing a vehicle (Sunday Mail 6 May)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...cus-on-road-clue/story-e6frep2f-1226347683137

Timeline of Events (news.com Sun 6 May)
http://www.news.com.au/national/alli...-1226347827829

Two more Tests to come Back, plus roundabout & more (Courier Mail 7 May)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-forensic-tests/story-e6freoof-1226348155509

I know everyone is keen for GBC to be regarded as the primary POI. However, what if it was someone else like the purported mistress or someone else who was aware of the movements of ABC (ie her hairdressing appointment, kids maybe sleeping over at in-laws etc)? May provide a different perspective?

I totally agree. I know psych profiles don't mean everything... AND I concede I don't have the comfort of a face to face interview with GBC... BUT going by what I've seen he did not act alone. He is suffering extreme stress & anxiety which could be put down to grief, however my hunch is it's not just that.
If I profile correctly GBD is a man in a little boy's body. He wants what he wants and doesn't get why he can't have it. He has a sense of entitlement. However he doesn't have the intellect that will meticulously plan. This is not the profile of a BPD or narcissist personality...

Women who are driven plan meticulously, weigh up the pros and cons. IF GBC has a personality as he is portrayed/reported/assumed to have there is someone else involved. Someone who if they didn't get what they wanted would act alone...

IMO...Most locals would consider GB-C to be a good dad. He always attended the girls sporting events, special assemblies, ballet concerts and girl guide award ceremonies. I wonder if part of it was to be "seen" and help his image but whenever I saw him interacting with the girls he seemed attentive and genuine. He regularly dropped them off at school and fetched them.
I think some of the other dads were probably a bit jealous and some of them just thought he was a "tool".
I believe a number of Allison's friends suggested the trust fund idea to the Dickies, as so many people in the community (and around Australia) want to help but they also want to make that the girls actually get the money and not GB-C.

TBH honest.....For the BCs, it was damned if they do (public) or damned if they dont (private).

As you say Greg.....to go public means they are putting on a show.....or to go private, means they want to hide their lies from the world.

They were going to be condemned no matter what approach I think.

Don't forget the lawyer and barrister. Maybe the husband was advised to hold a public funeral in order not to seem to be "hiding" from the world.

I think that if someone is injured in an accident, the police have to attend. If he went in the ambulance, then it is likely that the police attended.

In QLD police do not attend accidents or take accident reports unless someone has been killed, seriously injured (as in the person cannot be moved without endangering them) or if one of the drivers has fled the scene. I found this out personally a few months ago. They will only take a statement, issue a police report and investigate if you want to pursue criminal charges against the other person was what I was told.

They would have attend this particularly accident because of the situation of his missing wife (despite saying he wasn't "officially" a POI).

In QLD police do not attend accidents or take accident reports unless someone has been killed, seriously injured (as in the person cannot be moved without endangering them) or if one of the drivers has fled the scene. I found this out personally a few months ago. They will only take a statement, issue a police report and investigate if you want to pursue criminal charges against the other person was what I was told.

They would have attend this particularly accident because of the situation of his missing wife (despite saying he wasn't "officially" a POI).

Unless he reported the accident himself, how would the police know who was the driver when the call was made??

I totally agree. I know psych profiles don't mean everything... AND I concede I don't have the comfort of a face to face interview with GBC... BUT going by what I've seen he did not act alone. He is suffering extreme stress & anxiety which could be put down to grief, however my hunch is it's not just that.
If I profile correctly GBD is a man in a little boy's body. He wants what he wants and doesn't get why he can't have it. He has a sense of entitlement. However he doesn't have the intellect that will meticulously plan. This is not the profile of a BPD or narcissist personality...

Women who are driven plan meticulously, weigh up the pros and cons. IF GBC has a personality as he is portrayed/reported/assumed to have there is someone else involved. Someone who if they didn't get what they wanted would act alone...

Your job sounds interesting Inanna. I enjoy reading your posts.:coffeews:

If you look at pics of GBC now compared to pics of him a year ago, his looks have changed significantly. Weight loss as well as change in colour of his complexion. It looks as though he has been suffering stress and anxiety months before ABC was killed. jmo

So the police did come? I was the middle car in a 3 car accident a fortnight ago on the motorway, the police werent interested in coming! At least 3 people rang and we were told they werent coming. Wondering why theyd be interested in this when they werent interested in a 3 car accident...???
Not sure about other states, but in NSW the police show no interest to attend unless someone is injured and needs medical (ambulance) care or a car needs to be towed. If it's not mayor they figure you can sort it out between yourselves. Years ago when visiting the city I had someone crash in the back of me on a mayor road in peak hour and a cop happened to be close by behind but they just looked and drove on.

Also depends how busy they are and if there are any more more 'mayor' type accidents or events which have a higher priority.

Thank you so much for this. What do you believe Gerard thought he stood to gain with Allison gone, please? Or do you think by your last sentence he felt he had no choice?

Your job sounds interesting Inanna. I enjoy reading your posts.:coffeews:

If you look at pics of GBC now compared to pics of him a year ago, his looks have changed significantly. Weight loss as well as change in colour of his complexion. It looks as though he has been suffering stress and anxiety months before ABC was killed. jmo

If you actually mean 'little boy in man's body' I couldn't agree more. Google Nigelaine and you will find pics of him as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214