Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere here that she was doing a course with them to become a counsellor or whatever they call them with that program.

As for Whereis, 20 minutes to get to West End from Brookfield is totally wrong at that time of day. I live in the area and used to work at West End, it would take me 45-50 minutes minimum, and that was about 5 years ago - and the traffic is much worse now.

I see! So...if she was aiming at arriving there around 8.30am to set up, that would mean she would have to leave home at 7.30am at the latest?

GBC would have known what time she had to leave due to traffic conditions, why didn't he become concerned sooner that she wasn't home from her morning walk by 7.30?

A "DEVASTATED'' Gerard Baden-Clay has hired a second lawyer on the same day police confirmed that his wife Allison had been murdered.

http://www.news.com.au/national/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6frfkvr-1226344210265

Yes, so devo he needs legal representation...everytime i see that headline it says it all for me. Bit like that awesome photo someone took very early on of Kristi Abrahams thru the fence making her look like she was in jail. It's amazing what one sentence and one photo say.

Or his trying to protect someone someone bigger more influential this will be hughe IMO

Or could just be as simple as a love triangle but for Allison to be left in the cold dark wet night like rubbish there has to be more.................. IMO

He would have been advised by the police to do so. I'm not sure an innocent person would lawyer-up with the best criminal defence lawyer in the land though.

Well, we're all different. If the police advised me to lawyer-up, I'd tell them to get lost, get out of my way and get back to looking for her, rant rant. And I might even say something along the lines of, ' What? My wife/husband/child/parent is out there and you're bothering me with THIS? Why aren't you out there, finding her? Why can't we call in the Scouts, the army? Buzz off. I'm going to look for her/him and if you try to stop me I'll break your neck. Every minute counts and you think I should be finding a lawyer. Buzz off. Find her. Then do whatever you like to me. In the meantime, get out of my damn way'

I think most innocent men(women) would react that way. If they were innocent and genuinely cared and were genuinely suffering fear and living nightmares about their loved-one being out there alone, possibly with a broken leg or abducted or raped or stabbed (your imagination would be in overdrive and fear)

Well, we're all different. If the police advised me to lawyer-up, I'd tell them to get lost, get out of my way and get back to looking for her, rant rant. And I might even say something along the lines of, ' What? My wife/husband/child/parent is out there and you're bothering me with THIS? Why aren't you out there, finding her? Why can't we call in the Scouts, the army? Buzz off. I'm going to look for her/him and if you try to stop me I'll break your neck. Every minute counts and you think I should be finding a lawyer. Buzz off. Find her. Then do whatever you like to me. In the meantime, get out of my damn way'

I think most innocent men(women) would react that way. If they were innocent and genuinely cared and were genuinely suffering fear and living nightmares about their loved-one being out there alone, possibly with a broken leg or abducted or raped or stabbed (your imagination would be in overdrive and fear)

IMO he is in fear alright but of who?

IMO he is in fear alright but of who?

For the same person he's surrounded with high-priced legal hit-men?

Concern for that individual far exceeds any public concern for his missing wife, in my opinion, based on what I saw

As to 'who' he may be afraid of --- can think of several, can't you?

I saw a couple of Brisbane City Council workers at Kholo Creek Bridge today. They looked a little uneasy.

Also, I have never seen it so neat and once mowed back there is actually quite a large amount of room for one, or even two cars to be parked there.

I saw a couple of Brisbane City Council workers at Kholo Creek Bridge today. They looked a little uneasy.

Also, I have never seen it so neat and once mowed back there is actually quite a large amount of room for one, or even two cars to be parked there.

Is Gerard involved in the government?

Did Allison's family ever mention Gerard being violent in the past?

Yes, I feel the same. When ravaged by terror and fear because a loved-one is missing, I wouldn't care what happened to me, so long as I could keep on searching and persuading others to search. The need to find someone you love is all-consuming. You don't notice or feel tiredness, hunger, thirst or pain. You'd leap into a fire if you thought you could find them there. You'd charge through bushes and barbed-wire, your eyes on stalks, trying to will your loved-one into being there. You'd run up or down steep cliffs if someone said they thought they'd seen even a trace of them there. It's like an all-consuming fever. The desperation to find the person you love and all the thoughts of what might have happened to them and the pain of thinking that right now they could be in pain or danger, drives you on. The last thing that would occur to you, if you genuinely loved someone, is the thought or even direct threat that you might end up in court or jail. Imo, anyway

I agree totally. I think this is a huge part of why many of us are leaning towards his guilt. I know everyone is different but even taking that into account I see no justification for his complete absence from the searching or search site, and from joining in the pleas for his wife to be found. Hiring a lawyer, yes, maybe if you think you maybe suspect due to being the husband, but a Barrister as well, and so early, no, that is not the actions of someone innocent IMO.

Thanks. That fits in with media reports which said 'long grass, up to 1.8 metres tall' was being cut away in the aftermarth of the discovery of Allison's remains

Tall grass can be very concealing. We've all seen it, in documentaries about Africa for example. Anything can be going on in there with passers-by none the wiser

Thats what he wants us to think. Very manipulative "what other choice did I have" kind of way?

also, aren't spouses ALWAYS first to be looked at in missing person and homicide investigations? I think they might often get a lawyer, or someone would advise them to ... but have no idea about hiring a barrister? that seems extreme

It was reported I think last weekend, someone at some time was talking about GBC going into politics....nothing ever came of that, at least I've not heard anymore.

Way back in one of the earlier threads, a member stated GBC had an AVO/DVO..domestic violence order on him. We don't know if that was indeed the case or not.

I see! So...if she was aiming at arriving there around 8.30am to set up, that would mean she would have to leave home at 7.30am at the latest?

GBC would have known what time she had to leave due to traffic conditions, why didn't he become concerned sooner that she wasn't home from her morning walk by 7.30?

I meant I think she is still being trained so I'm not thinking she had to set up. Not sure about this though, just piecing together some hearsay which I deemed credible.

You're pretty astute :)

Media reported a few days ago that GBC was being touted as a potential Member of Parliament. And several parliamentarians visited his parents' home to express their support and sympathies, particularly prior to discovery of Allison's remains. If you have time to take a look at media photos of his vehicle, you'll see posters/stickers supporting a particular political party. And it's been said he donated several thousands of dollars to that party

It's rumoured that he may be a member of the Freemasons, also. And public condolences expressed to Allison's parents reported concluded with, ' From your masonic friends'

all interesting

Originally Posted by PolyDot
No link - you will have to take it from me ..
friend in common - who told me she flew down on 'weekend' after Allison went missing ie 21 22 April ... very reliable source .. fact to me ..but appreciate not for others
Take it or leave it - just trying to be helpful. End quote.

flying down on sat or sunday would be perfectly reasonable, and even expected

He is not involved in the government, though he is known to give money to the current government (that only came into power in the last couple of months).......Though was president of a some, local business board back in 2008 for his local area.

Post Allison going missing, members of this government went to visit him at his parents home (which was termed unusual as politics shouldnt play a part in something like this). The Premier of the state also (which is uncommon) came on television specifying he will throw his all into helping the commissioner (state police commandant) in finding what happened to this lady.

You're right. I'm lucky enough never to have been in a situation where a loved one has gone missing - other than being late by a few hours and having me worried. You would be beside yourself with fear after a few days. And it's not like he is even a formal suspect yet. He seems to be behaving as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Absolutely agree. Right now, the murderer is hoping they won't have enough evidence to make an arrest, and that is still a possibility.

let's hope once they get results from the trace evidence, they will be OVERLOADED with evidence...suspect is probably betting everything he has on hoping evidence is washed away, or disguised by the elements in the 11 days she was exposed. But as Hawkins pointed out earlier, the injuries and evidence on a body can obviously tell a very loud tale

Also something that's been on my mind, could the body have been moved to bridge at a later date than the night in question? It would be an impossible task if you were under surveillance, but it would make TOD very hard to determine if you didn't know how long she may have been protected from elements and exposed to elements, especially with all the rain that week

Curiouser and curiouser....

Seems like many of the women who have been going missing in the States lately have not been found at all. Was Gerard familiar with the area where Allison's remains were found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody