Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they all seem to have pretty distinguishable plates, why on earth *arent* they telling the public. I know Id have more luck remembering a certain number plate than "a white car" at a roundabout :waitasec:

Perhaps being so suggestive about the plates might unintentionally cause a problem with 'false memories' (yes that is real and I didn't make it up :p). Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable- if you suggest someone may have seen something they may fill in the gaps and think they have. For example- if someone robs a bank and you ask if I saw the robber holding a gun under his jacket, I might not actually remember- but that suggestion creates a 'memory' that I did.

If people bring up the personalized plates of their own accord it would be more reliable.

Hi unfoldingtruth. I actually really appreciate your posts and ideas. I think some people are being a tad hard on you, and I hope that you stick around.

I agree.....I've noticed a few little digs and I do find that unkind.

I like everyone here and dont have any reason to dislike anyone....Even if a couple want to eat me alive and think i'm a drunk.....oh well, that's ok....Laughing

I appreciate everyones posts and like in the outside world we have all types, here...We have some who want to stick to the facts, some who want to speculate and some who just want to gossip....................hell, why not just accept the lot and be happy.

But above all, whatever out beliefs, we should just respect each other and be nice!!!!

Perhaps being so suggestive about the plates might unintentionally cause a problem with 'false memories' (yes that is real and I didn't make it up :p). Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable- if you suggest someone may have seen something they may fill in the gaps and think they have. For example- if someone robs a bank and you ask if I saw the robber holding a gun under his jacket, I might not actually remember- but that suggestion creates a 'memory' that I did.

If people bring up the personalized plates of their own accord it would be more reliable.

Yep I got ya! Makes sense!

I have noticed several times that some posters have mentioned the lack of a timeline for this case and wished one had been started from the beginning.

If it hasn't already been said, I am happy to work through from the beginning of the posts in relation to this case and put together a timeline of all the media links that have been posted to date. Obviously it will take a bit of time to get it all up to date but what I can do is post it in sections as I work my way through.

If everyone here is happy for me to do this on behalf of all the members I can make a start on it tonight.

Let me know if you would like one done.

I do believe the moderators have set one up......itsthevibe and i mentioned how wonderful it would be to have more in there earlier....not sure where the link for it is though. Anything that can give us a heap of info in the timeline....would be awesome Jes.....I can imagine it would be a huge task and it is very beautiful of you to offer to do that for us x

Maybe it's public because alot of people probably know the family that would like to go to it. I know even when the floods were happening some of the families arranged public funerals so people who wanted to go too pay their respects could. But then there are some families that decide to go private (like my brothers fiancees family) because they knew if it was public the media would turn up

Apart from being shocked and so very disappointed for the girls, I find the whole "public funeral" thing quite strange. The Dickies seem so lovely, and yes, I guess they would understand that many would like to pay their respects, acknowledge such a beautiful woman and say goodbye. But why would they (the BCs) want/be ok with the media being there? They have bunkered down so much of the time, hiding their feelings, and this event will be a true showcasing - there will be no hiding. They will be so conscious of and about every gesture/emotion/feeling/reaction/facial expression etc that they make, because they know hundreds will be watching and waiting for these actions/reactions. IMO, I'm now sure that feelings will be rehersed and fake.

Someone said earlier, that it would be of more benefit to QP if the ceremony was private and therefore, family members could be themselves, so to speak ........ I think so also. I'm sure a QP rep would have been present - observing.

I can tell you all one thing for certain - I would never loan my car to GBC to drive!!

Well they just gave the time and date of the funeral on the news tonight. Friday 11am at St Pauls Anglican Church Ipswich. Hmmm, interesting!

Completelyconfused.....this is the current details that Berry bought to the forum, regarding the funeral details.

This link suggests otherwise - so her car was in the garage. The car on the road may have been the more memorable one with signage. I wonder which one she was going to be driving the next day.

http://www.news.com.au/national/search-to-resume-for-missing-brookfield-woman-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

Yes I know the link suggests otherwise - the Press have made an error.....and it's never been corrected. She predominantly drove the Prado and it had personalised plates for her. As in any family with multiple cars there is sometimes a switch around with cars. Allison generally drove the white Prado family car. No one has mentioned her plates so I don't feel I can until I get clarification. Someone has already mentioned GBC 's plates were SETTLE and those plates happen to be on the Captiva.

As in any family with multiple cars there is sometimes a switch around with cars..

Agree.......TBH, I dont have a car I call mine.....and hubby doesnt have one he calls his. We have two cars and one he predominantly drives (the economical one because he drives a fair distance for work).....then he drives the other when at home.....I pretty much just take whats there.....lol Coz I don't care which one i drive.

The pic of the white car, is that a lot of mud up under the wheel cover or whatever it's called ??, a lot of mud for a city car??

I just went and had a look at the photo and i can't seem to see any mud but someone else might know

I have noticed several times that some posters have mentioned the lack of a timeline for this case and wished one had been started from the beginning.

If it hasn't already been said, I am happy to work through from the beginning of the posts in relation to this case and put together a timeline of all the media links that have been posted to date. Obviously it will take a bit of time to get it all up to date but what I can do is post it in sections as I work my way through.

If everyone here is happy for me to do this on behalf of all the members I can make a start on it tonight.

Let me know if you would like one done.

Great idea and much needed. I think the proper place to put the links is: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7871813#post7871813"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's always referenced at the top of Page 1 of each thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties