Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see things going down on Friday is after the funeral (where GBC of course will be flanked by legal representation as well as family) he will be quietly tapped on the shoulder and asked to accompany officers back to the station where he will be charged with offenses surrounding the demise of Allison.

I guess it's all just a waiting game now to see what unfolds.

Why Kholo Creek? If you had a body in your car at Brookfield and you intended to hide it away forever what would you do with it?

Driving five or ten minutes down the road and dropping it off either in a scout camp or off a road bridge is surely not the best answer you would come up with unless:

1. You had very limited time.
2. You wanted it to be found.
3. You were very confused.

IMO the perpertrator was very confused and panicking.

I agree with 1 and 3.

Not sure about 2.
(a)Maybe they were going to try to go the suicide route "omgz she disappeared and jumped off the bridge! she was depressed". In that case an uncovered body being discovered under the bridge would make sense.

(b) maybe pushed/dropped in water and assumed she'd float downstream into the actual river (and not be found, or not be found until it was harder to work out where she'd entered)

(c) maybe dropped further upstream (altho this gets less likely for me day by day, esp with above report of car seem suspicious on bridge at 4am)

I'd pick Kholo for it's speed and ease of access (but more risk of being seen). scout camp would have been good for opposite reasons. Maybe headed for scout camp then though "hang on , maybe not".

BTW - the body (sorry I find it more upsetting to say Allison when discussing this bit) was resting at what i believe to be just below the high water mark on the bank as I've mentioned previously. There's a little foot-high cliff behind her, she's on the top of the mud flats (the bit covered at high tide)

I actually think she was rolled into the water (high tide was ~3am that night so it would have looked nice and deep) but dumbass murderer/s didn't think water level would change. There still could have been quite a bit of movement round that area as tides went in and out for 11 days, with varying buoyancy of body.

Personally I believe that it was premeditated and all about money. There has been a suggestion in the community that he upped her life insurance recently and that on the hard drive of the computer that was seized there was emails from Allison demanding a divorce and Internet searches regarding disposal of a body.

I think the children were at his parents for the night as she was going to a conference. I think he suffocated and or strangled her - hence the bruises and scratches. I think he dumped her body upstream in the hope it wouldn't be discovered and started the depressions / suicide rumours himself. I think the rain actually undid him because although the water has destroyed evidence, Allisons body was found and is telling her story.

I think the scratches were evident when Police arrived, I think the house showed evidence of a struggle. I think people saw the car leave and return when he said he hadn't left. I think the screams were irrelevant and I think the movement at the roundabout is all about the mistress and telling her what he's done.

I don't believe that anyone helped him except perhaps after the fact and I don't believe there is any Mafia type link to the business. Just pure greed and control.

I think the police know he did it but unfortunately it's not what you know and everything about what you can prove.

I hope I am very wrong for the sake of the girls because I think losing their mummy is utterly heartbreaking and losing their dad as well is just dreadful. Unfortunately I think he is a self centred pompas man who is into saving his own butt. The media and Police have all but pointed the finger. The Police I don't believe would do that if they genuinely thought he was not a POI. The fact that they've let it go on for so long without curbing suspicion suggests they are uninterested in his fast burning ruination of reputation and business through all the gossip and speculation. Just MOO but food for thought I would think.
I agree about how the police would have ruled him out. If he is innocent all of this speculation will have ruined him. I am damn sure that he or his family members would have come out swinging (so to speak) in his defence. They'd be talking about what a great husband he was. I personally think that if he is arrested he'll take a plea bargain to stop any of this information coming out and destroying the "good" Baden-Clay name.

The day after it was confirmed that the body was Allison this article states

"Police have interviewed and reinterviewed many people, including Mr Baden-Clay and a woman who worked under him at his prestigious Century 21 franchise at Taringa"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...on-womans-killer/story-e6frg6nf-1226344117877

So there you go, it has been mentioned in MSM so we can discuss this. Is she the one who engaged a lawyer? If so, is she linked financially or romantically?

Piecing together everything I can remember that has been said about the women, the affair etc I think it goes like this -

Woman 1 - Was a former business partner in some way, sales executive, used to work at Century 21, but has now moved on. Is slightly older than GBC and a lovely, well groomed woman. She was mistakenly named on here early on in discussions about the mistress, but this was corrected. Not the mistress and is known well to one of our regulars here on Websleuth. Is not the person who has been interviewed.

Woman 2 - The mistress of GBC and has been interviewed several times and has now engaged a lawyer. Is younger than GBC. Possibly worked at Century 21 Taringa, maybe still does not sure, possibly Admin role.

We don't know for sure, but this is what I feel is the situation after trying to cut through all the confusion.

A great leveler. Thank you.

My mind was wandering a few days ago - I was starting to think this Baden-Clay family were the QLD mafia after reading the outlandish posts.

I too believe it's nothing more than domestic violence + the luxury of a prominent Barrister that's adding to the intrigue ... where fickle minds wander.

Although, with GBC armed with the fancy smancy lawyer, I can visualise the book title now 'getting away with murder'. That's the sad thing.

lol, QLD Mafia. I thought Keyboredoms post was good also. I'm afraid I have been accused of sending people on a wildgoose chase because of something I said in an earlier thread. I really never intended that, in fact I was also trying to point out that I thought some of the theories and comments were a bit out there and peoples imagination were probably having a field day. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

There has been a suggestion in the community that he upped her life insurance recently and that on the hard drive of the computer that was seized there was emails from Allison demanding a divorce and Internet searches regarding disposal of a body

Would the police be allowed to give that information to anyone?? ( not having a go at you just asking in general)

I won't go into my justification, but assure you Allison was not thrown off that bridge. The police spent a lot of time scouting the upstream area, after finding her body. People trying to justify what happened by tidal flow, position of body, availability of water craft etc, sorry, but you're on the wrong track. I promise ...and I'm not a real estate agent.

Hey I mentioned the boat too...didn't that go into the out there weird basket?? lol.

Although I do remember asking also if there's any other access points along that creek near to where Allison was found. Don't think there were any replies to that.

FYI, I spent almost 2 years in a forum discussing the Madeleine McCann case, however I was not one of the first members (probably joined 3 months after the little girl disappeared) and they were tough with the "newbies" or people not totally aware of location, etc.!! Don't feel you have to explain. You have the right to ask/post as anybody else. I believe if someone doesn't agree/like what somebody writes, then they should just skip it until they find something interesting for them.

I have followed the Jonbenet Ramsey case for many years now and have participated in forum discussions for 6 of those years and it is the reason I joined this one. There are RDIs (Ramseys did it) and IDIs (Intruder did it) -I am RDI - and when I firsted started was given a terrible time by the IDIs LOL.

It has only been 19 days into this case, so imagine 15+ years of re-hashing and some rather insane theories in the Ramsey case. LOL

Apologies to all for straying off topic!

Allison Baden-Clay wil be 'forever in their hearts' as family prepare for Ipswich funeral

THE closing line of Allison Baden-Clay's funeral notice "Forever In Our Hearts" is where she will remain for all those who knew her.
It is now more than three weeks since Mrs Baden-Clay's three girls saw their mother for the last time, when she dropped them off for a night with their friends. On Friday, they will say their last goodbyes.

Hundreds are expected at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich to pay their respects including students from Ipswich Girls' Grammar, where Mrs Baden-Clay was vice-head girl in her senior year, who will form a guard of honour.

Principal Dr Peter Britton said the school was proud to play a role in the funeral.

For others, the emotional strain was too much

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-ipswich-funeral/story-e6freoof-1226350333476

Allison Baden-Clay wil be 'forever in their hearts' as family prepare for Ipswich funeral

THE closing line of Allison Baden-Clay's funeral notice "Forever In Our Hearts" is where she will remain for all those who knew her.
It is now more than three weeks since Mrs Baden-Clay's three girls saw their mother for the last time, when she dropped them off for a night with their friends. On Friday, they will say their last goodbyes.

Hundreds are expected at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich to pay their respects including students from Ipswich Girls' Grammar, where Mrs Baden-Clay was vice-head girl in her senior year, who will form a guard of honour.

Principal Dr Peter Britton said the school was proud to play a role in the funeral.

For others, the emotional strain was too much

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-ipswich-funeral/story-e6freoof-1226350333476
Jinkies! They really were at a sleepover!

Piecing together everything I can remember that has been said about the women, the affair etc I think it goes like this -

Woman 1 - Was a former business partner in some way, sales executive, used to work at Century 21, but has now moved on. Is slightly older than GBC and a lovely, well groomed woman. She was mistakenly named on here early on in discussions about the mistress, but this was corrected. Not the mistress and is known well to one of our regulars here on Websleuth. Is not the person who has been interviewed.

Woman 2 - The mistress of GBC and has been interviewed several times and has now engaged a lawyer. Is younger than GBC. Possibly worked at Century 21 Taringa, maybe still does not sure, possibly Admin role.

We don't know for sure, but this is what I feel is the situation after trying to cut through all the confusion.

I believe the alleged mistress no longer works for c21 either. Agree, she is probably younger than him.

I didn't think there was any mention of the children being in the house so i got that bit right

Hi, someone mentioned on the last page about the mistress "aiding and abetting". She could only be charged with that if they had evidence or a confession of involvement after the fact. If, however, she has failed to tell the police information pertinent to the case she could be charged with hinder if she's proven to be lying or withholding information. It's kind of a blurred line between what's considered hinder and what is "aiding and abetting". The police sometimes have to interview "vigorously" to get what they need. Maybe she's lawyered up because her options are crap and worse crap. Who knows?

It's almost like they have tacked that bit on the end to meet their word count or something.
I think it needs it's own article.

Possibly not permitted to say much more than that at this stage.

There has been a suggestion in the community that he upped her life insurance recently and that on the hard drive of the computer that was seized there was emails from Allison demanding a divorce and Internet searches regarding disposal of a body

Would the police be allowed to give that information to anyone?? ( not having a go at you just asking in general)

Well I never said the Police did give out that information did I? Of course they wouldn't hand out that information. The community out here has offered many many theories and speculation some of which is complete fantasy and other bits that seem perhaps embedded in the truth. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who told them that...... I just thought it was interesting that I have heard that particular theory from 3 different and unrelated people in the last couple of days. Several people have said that their information came from up above....who knows. All we have is speculation at this point and the little the police have released as fact. No one knows if he did it or not, we are only supposing on which way we're being pointed.

What I do know is that we may never really know what happened - not really. I just think it is all terribly sad and a bit ewwww to think that amongst us is someone willing to go to that extreme. I don't know the answer and I don't know that I will feel any better about it even if I did except that at least Allison would be at peace. Those girls and the rest of her family have to live their lives without her and I struggle with the fact that she won't see them graduate school, get married, have their babies, experience their first kiss etc etc etc. It angers me that her influence has been ripped away from them like that.

Jinkies! They really were at a sleepover!

last paragraph:

Channel 10 meanwhile reported last night that a former colleague of Mrs Baden-Clay's husband Gerard, who worked at his Century 21 office, has also hired a lawyer.

Also it's hard to work out what really happened and what didn't because sometimes the media twist stories from fact too whatever they want. That's why i don't really believe many of the reports (unless they come from supt Ainsworth or the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn