Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangulation by hand is also a very intimate way to kill someone. Up close. Poor Allison would have been looking into the face of her killer as she passed.

It is so distressing to think of someones life being taken from them in this way..it reduces me to tears. Could anyone claim that they didn't intend to strangle someone? Say that they did it in the heat of the moment? This is obviously not an action that takes place in a moment - it involves deliberately choking the last breath out of someone. It is not like pushing them, and they fall and strike their head. And then to cover it up!!! Someone has to be held accountable for what they have taken from Allison, her children and parents. There is a worthless creep out there - with their freedom, and I am praying for the day that they pay for what they have done.

The act of strangulation symbolizes an abuser’s power and control over the victim.Studies indicate that 23% to 68% of women victims of domestic violence have experienced at least one strangulation assault by a male partner during their lifetime;4,5 and 33% to 47.3% women report that their partner had tried to strangle them in the past year.6,7
http://www.sp2.upenn.edu/ortner/docs/factsheet_strangulation.pdf

I read somewhere else that strangulation is almost always carried out by men, rarely women....that would seem to indicate if a woman was involved that it most likely would be as accomplice and not as the killer? and as thestupidtree just said, its rather intimate

Now, to appear DOUBLT dimwitted....I still dont know what this is about the lawyer being at GBC in the morning... but do I have this right? toxicology has come back and drugs detected and autopsy is saying strangulation??? can someone fill me in PPPLLLEEEASSE?

Now, to appear DOUBLT dimwitted....I still dont know what this is about the lawyer being at GBC in the morning... but do I have this right? toxicology has come back and drugs detected and autopsy is saying strangulation??? can someone fill me in PPPLLLEEEASSE?

Minni I believe at this stage all of the above are rumours heard here and there.

There seems to be lots of new info that at this stage is only speculation/unconfirmed. Correct me if wrong, but the following has not been released by the police nor media:

-the picture of the car with trailer posted many pages back was not taken on the night of Allison's disappearance. Unless a recreation by police, it is a totally irrelevant vehicle to this case.

-the mention of a lawyer been present at the time the police first showed up to ABC's home is rumour - nothing confirmed, and I've only read it in one post on this thread (nothing indicated in any of the news articles or QPS press releases)

-the mention of strangulation has also only been mentioned on this thread on one post - nothing has been released through QPS or media at this point.

I just think we need to be wary of all info at the moment, as there seems to be so much out there, it's getting a bit confusing as to what is actually confirmed.

I believe many on here have inside info that most of us are not privy to, so it's great to have that input. I think we just need to be patient and wait for these sort of details to be confirmed before assuming they are true. Don't want to offend anyone, just putting it out there.

Well, quick summary of the last 10 pages, the Brookfield jungle drums say that GBC told police kiddies were at home all night, but one of the little angels told the truth and said they were at a sleepover, poor Allison was strangled and Lawyer was there early the Friday morning that Allison was reported missing. Nothing stated as fact - from a poster who has brought reliable information to the forum in the past.

All rumour - but you will have to read the last 10 pages to catch up!

In light of new information, my theory is this:
GBC and Mistress arrange to meet up near scout camp. GBC is running late, Allison joins the mistress to confront her. There is an altercation and Allison is accidentally killed or severely injured. GBC arrives and sees what has happened. Being spineless he says, "I want nothing to do with this, you're on your own" and drives off. The mistress is left with a body to dispose of, who does she call?

My bet is she calls NBC or EBC. S/he arranges to meet mistress near the roundabout, she picks him/her up, they go back, dispose of the body and E/NBC drives Allison's car back to the family home. Mistress then drops E/NBC back near roundabout, they go their separate ways.

GBC looks so guilty because he is technically involved, and his plea for her to return is so unbelievable because he already knows she is not going to return. He contacts lawyer Immediately because he knows he will be implicated by the involvement of the mistress.

At has been reported by another member who said reliable source informed them the cause of death is strangulation (not established as fact yet). A woman would not be strong enough to do it to another woman.

This is my first post after reading the threads. It's an interesting case, a lot of mystery, but very sad for all of those involved not least for those young girls.

The picture at the funeral of GBC with his arms around the three girls, he looks the most sad that I've seen him pictured since it started. No matter what happened to Allison this can't have been enjoyable for him and he did have a life with her. If he was involved in her death I'd be surprised if it were premeditated and he didn't care for her at all.

Now to share a theory circulating the local grapevine and rumour mill to see if any sleuths can prove or disprove it. I don't post it as fact but it's another angle to look at this from that i havent seen mentioned and is a possibility that I'd be interested in your thoughts on. The theory goes like this...

ABC and GBC were separated. She had become aware of an affair GBC was having and he was meant to have ended it with them having councilling. Apparently it wasn't over. According to this rumor GBC and the mistress would use the scout camp to meet. On this particular night the girls were at a sleepover so the thought is that she drove out to confront them there. The theory is that whatever happened to Allison happened there and that her car was then returned somehow to the house.

What so you think of this theory sleuths? Running with this idea how do you think things might have happened? It seems to me to be a viable theory to consider.
I had also heard on the local grapevine that ABC met the "other woman" on that night, and that there were suspicious tyre marks at the scout camp...

Ok having had to endure GBC's nasal call-in-sick voice again, I can kind of imagine he is saying what a lawyer might have scripted for him. The issue is, he's doing a bloody awful job of delivering the message. God help the female journo if he's aroused by her presence.

I think the 'they've' is just his nasally rendition of 'we've'

If the lawyer was involved in allowing that interview, his next words to Gerard after seeing the footage (other than you '********* ******') may well have been 'we'd better get a barrister involved'!

anyone seen this ****?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-j7OLePAg&feature=related"]Best Practice - The Great Culture at Century 21 Westside Brisbane - YouTube[/ame]

OMG....the sick voice aint happening in this little performance

First post! Just news update

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-hunt-continues/story-e6freoof-1226353620719

Text of article: POLICE have visited Gerard Baden-Clay at his parent's house this morning, as they continue to search for the killer of his wife Allison.

Two plainclothes detectives arrived at the Kenmore house just after 10am and spoke to Mr Baden-Clay for about 10 minutes at the front door of the house.

It is understood Mr Baden-Clay was visiting his parents this morning.

Police said it was part of their routine inquiries.

More than 600 people attended the funeral for Allison Baden-Clay, 43, at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich yesterday.

Mr Baden-Clay reported his wife missing on the morning of April 20, after he told police he last saw her leaving their Brookfield home about 10pm the night before.

Her body was found under the Kholo Creek bridge on April 30

I would assume the police could have possibly been advising him that they now had the toxicology/autopsy results or perhaps there was to be an upcoming press release eg...in this case there would have been no reason for them to go inside the house but something which had to be communicated in person...

POLICE have visited Gerard Baden-Clay at his parent's house this morning, as they continue to search for the killer of his wife Allison.

Two plainclothes detectives arrived at the Kenmore house just after 10am and spoke to Mr Baden-Clay for about 10 minutes at the front door of the house.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-hunt-continues/story-e6freoof-1226353620719

Why talk at front door in view of media?

I guess Gerard didnt roll out the red carpet for the people who are working hard to find the mother of his childrens killer. He seems to be treating them more like annoying salesmen hoping they will leave quickly.

In a lot of cases like this the spouse will ride the detectives asses for updates and answers to the point of being annoying. I know if my husband had been murdered I would want to stay very involved and if I didnt kill him it would help me for the police to find the real killer.... Just saying.

POLICE have visited Gerard Baden-Clay at his parent's house this morning, as they continue to search for the killer of his wife Allison.

Why talk at front door in view of media?[/QUOTE

Possibly they may have been there to advise him that the toxicology/autopsy results had come back or perhaps to advise him of an upcoming media release eg ??...in this case there would have been no reason for them to go inside the house but it would be something which had to be communicated in person...

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I've just returned to this thread and haven't read all of the previous entries.

Someone mentioned earlier that GBC at the funeral looked the most sad they have seen him while holding his children's hands. I saw this footage as well and can't dispute that I saw him crying which looked pretty genuine.

I noticed though that his beard is longer and I thought this a bit strange as I would have presumed that you would like to look smart at a solemn occasion as important as this. Even if it is a show of being strong for the children. But the image, that I feel is trying to be portrayed, is of someone so distraught that even the basics, like shaving, is not worth thinking about.

Also I see him surrounding himself with the kids and almost a defence. Everyone feels sorry for the children and while he has them close to him maybe he feels that he will not be targeted in some way.

These are little issues and can obviously be read in many different ways but I feel it is the little things in GBC's behaviour that are the most telling. It's the difference between being genuine and acting the way one thinks one must act in the situation.

Why talk at front door in view of media?[/QUOTE

Possibly they may have been there to advise him that the toxicology/autopsy results had come back or perhaps to advise him of an upcoming media release eg ??...in this case there would have been no reason for them to go inside the house but it would be something which had to be communicated in person...

I believe this is correct as he would have his lawyer present if being questioned.

a trailer is visible at gramps BC home at 0:38 and 0:43sec in this clip Missing Mother - YouTube

the screenshot was taken by google street view in December 2009

can anyone identify what the junk at the back of the captiva is.. http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=b...w=181&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:75

I posted the first pic of the rear of the Captiva a while back. In the second pic I've lightened it to show more detail of whatever the thing is behind the Captiva.

Rear.jpg

Rear2.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

Why talk at front door in view of media?

If the QPS had spent hundreds and hundred of hours, searching for my husband, and were now looking for his killer - not about to give up, I would be eternally grateful! I would not be discussing anything on my doorstep - for Gods sake - it is a murder investigation! He hasn't got the courtesy to invite them in! What picture does this send out to the media - I think this is an appalling way to treat these Detectives. Maybe they should just phone with updates! Don't take up any of GBC's time. Or don't bother updating me at all! And if the media appear disrespectful to GBC - is it any wonder! Yeah - we all behave differently, his kids may be inside - but he could take the detectives in to a room away from the children, or he has probably been told to keep his trap shut and say as little as possible by his lawyers...look at his last PR effort! Yeah Yeah - and if I come across as painting the picture of the QPS being 'heroes' .... say it as it is...JMO!

I think this case will come down to "money" more than "mistress".

If the QPS had spent hundreds and hundred of hours, searching for my husband, and were now looking for his killer - not about to give up, I would be eternally grateful! I would not be discussing anything on my doorstep - for Gods sake - it is a murder investigation! He hasn't got the courtesy to invite them in! What picture does this send out to the media - I think this is an appalling way to treat these Detectives. Maybe they should just phone with updates! Don't take up any of GBC's time. Or don't bother updating me at all! And if the media appear disrespectful to GBC - is it any wonder! Yeah - we all behave differently, his kids may be inside - but he could take the detectives in to a room away from the children, or he has probably been told to keep his trap shut and say as little as possible by his lawyers...look at his last PR effort! Yeah Yeah - and if I come across as painting the picture of the QPS being 'heroes' .... say it as it is...JMO!

I think it was rude to not invite them in and a bit telling.

I bet the media got excited to see the detectives at his door as it would be boring camped out watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8