Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks UnfoldingTruth...I have visited this idea a few times both on this forum and in my head. I'm sorry to say I have also been one of the first people to jump on the next theory bandwagon and see the possibilities in those theories too. I think about how I will feel about my comments if he is innocent. But agree that lately I find it hard to picture him in the act of both murdering and covering up. I don't know him..I just feel this way.

Its easy to do, and I think we can all have our theories or be open to possibilites. Its just sometimes I think theory and speculation, have all of a sudden become fact at times.

Yes I try to keep in mind the possibilty of innocence. I imagine the hell one would be going though if you are innocent.

I definitely before I joined this forum was thinking guilt, but as time has gone on and a few little things have made me doubt a little and now think I am not so sure. I do have faith in QPS in solving this and I guess then our minds will be put to rest.

I agreed with MINNI's blog earlier, but the link did not work. I agree with COOLCAT and MINNI that the financial angle could provide motive. More than one person had a lot to lose if Allison divorced and gained custody of the three girls. By her death they may gain an Insurance payout of approx $600,000 (?), keep the BC Snr house, not have to divide finances, no child support payments, custody of the 3 girls without Allison being in the way(?) GBC could legitimize his current relationship and they could continue their life 'as normal'. IMO If this scenario is at all close, then it shows callous disregard for Allison's life and her significance to the girls as their mother. It shows callous disregard for the girls' own separate relationship with their own mother. Hypothetically, if there was a degree of premeditation along these lines, we could be looking at familial psychopathy.

I think pre-meditated murder for financial gain is very wild speculation. IMO this family is not sinister and is probably very conservative. They obviously value highly the link to the Baden-Powell name and feel they have some status in their community. A few minutes/hours of really bad judgement has wreaked a tragedy of huge proportions on all of them.

As time goes on it makes me wonder if there really is more involved and I wonder what will come out at the end... I think we might be looking at a couple of seperate issues here? So obviously there's the murder of Allison but I wonder if the computers and shredded papers etc are going to to be related to something else?

I hope that an arrest is made this week, I hope that it's not GBC and I hope that those poor little darlins are coping and don't lose any more family...

Not sure what his commission split was but the salesperson generally gets around 1-1.5% of the sale price, and the office/principal gets the remainder (the other 1-1.5%) Looking at sales on the property sites for the last couple of years, Century 21 Westside doesn't feature very often. Poor turnover coupled with a taste for the black Lexus, moving to large flash offices (which are not very visible and way off the main drag, completely at odds with the visibility most offices want) would be a bad mix. Not sure what the rental roll is like (I think Allison was listed as property management back in '08 and someone more junior on the recent site?). He'd be paying rent, some salaries for staff not on commission only, vehicle/s fuel etc, maintenance, accounting, dry cleaning the yellow jacket etc. I think it's easy to believe he wasn't/isn't very flush with cash. On top of his own issues the entire industry is in the crapper, compared to 5-7 years ago.

I'd say the "self made man" used every bit of money Allison brought into the relationship in pursuit of his dreams.

The house they are in is not owned by anyone associated with them or by a company they control, afaik. Even if he was financial enough to buy the property (which I think may be a single title containing both the house and child care centre, so he'd need $1.5M+) he probably wouldn't be able to legally claim deductions renting something that was not at arms length (ie. if he bought something purely as a tax dodge, the ATO would be a lot smarter than him when it came to tax time). The parents don't appear to be flush either if they have a $300K mortgage over the type of house they're in (purchased for $150k originally), I think Durness Street got pretty wet during the floods.

About my theory on ABC's Superannuation do you think it was possible that given that she was quite high up on the Ladder at FC that it would be quite significant..Seems to me that she was pretty savvy when it came to business and that she was the Brain in the Family - so would imagine that her Superannuation was also well looked after - If she didn't make contributions to it herself she would still have enough I presume that would help someone out of financial problems??

This would depend on who she made beneficiary and then who would control it if it were to be put in trust for her daughters?

I am assuming that GBC would be beneficiary of the Super in which case he could well have a lot to gain from it....I know how much mine is worth at the moment and I am around the same age a bit younger by 2 years...If I was to die today my beneficiary would be quite comfortable for a while??

Alot of people these days contribute to Super instead of Life insurance because it is a safer option...If you stop paying Life insuarance (in most cases) you lose the lot although your Super still grows providing you still work or contribute plus the interest it earns - Minus Fees of course?

I am leaning towards Super for financial gain not so much Life Insurance as previously speculated upon....JMO..Of course.

Its easy to do, and I think we can all have our theories or be open to possibilites. Its just sometimes I think theory and speculation, have all of a sudden become fact at times.

Yes I try to keep in mind the possibilty of innocence. I imagine the hell one would be going though if you are innocent.

I definitely before I joined this forum was thinking guilt, but as time has gone on and a few little things have made me doubt a little and now think I am not so sure. I do have faith in QPS in solving this and I guess then our minds will be put to rest.

I agree with your comment. But it is interesting that a high profile Real Estate Business Owner with semmingly endless Business Contacts and associations, employees etc hasn t really had anyone come out of the woodwork and say anything positive about anything. For a high profile in a very affluent and educated area, he seems to have a very low profile. Thoughts

I agree with your comment. But it is interesting that a high profile Real Estate Business Owner with semmingly endless Business Contacts and associations, employees etc hasn t really had anyone come out of the woodwork and say anything positive about anything. For a high profile in a very affluent and educated area, he seems to have a very low profile. Thoughts

Great point!!! I don't recall reading anything positive about GBC! You'd think that someone with his supposed social standing etc would have people standing up supporting him... Very interesting indeed!

Could of sworn I just drove passed GBC in Hillcrest driving white Prado. Any guesses on his registration. I am on stake out mode.

yes its interesting. Maybe no-one is game to for one reason or another.

Could of sworn I just drove passed GBC in Hillcrest driving white Prado. Any guesses on his registration. I am on stake out mode.

The white Prado has century 21 signage emblazoned across the back window..if thats any help. lol.. you probably wouldn't miss that.

I have seen a couple of pics of deceased bodies that have drowned. This isn’t something I like to look at as it sticks in my mind and these pics I saw have ever since.

Something I noticed and asked about was that in both pics the deceased had there arms up and knees bent. I asked why both were like that (not both drowned at same time).

In simple terms it was explained to me that was how they floated when riga mortise set in they stay in that position. Also the bodies which were both retrieved several days after drowning looked nothing like what the poor people looked like, I don’t know you could tell it was them. Both of these ended up being accidental drowning btw.

When it was stated that it would be hard to get forensic evidence from a person that had been in water, I found an image, and a description of what happens to the body. All I can say if anyone is curious, don't search. The image did not look human. I feel for the poor person that found Allison. I feel for the people that come across/ search for victims, and the horrific sights they see as part of their day to day lives. If I did this for a living, I would need counselling on a day to day basis. Many people have joined this forum because they have a moral conscience - they feel that what has happened to Allison is so wrong, and want justice. There have been many emotionally driven posts - this forum is up to Thread 7. It gives members support that there are good people out there, that feel the same way. If you don't want to read the emotive based posts, skip them.

But this has opened my eyes to so much more - I have an even greater appreciation for those out there at the front line. It has given me insight into the horrific things they see in searching for answers in order to bring the monsters that commit these terrible crimes to justice.

Great point!!! I don't recall reading anything positive about GBC! You'd think that someone with his supposed social standing etc would have people standing up supporting him... Very interesting indeed!

Perhaps no one wants to come forward to say anything positive juuuust in case.

As time goes on it makes me wonder if there really is more involved and I wonder what will come out at the end... I think we might be looking at a couple of seperate issues here? So obviously there's the murder of Allison but I wonder if the computers and shredded papers etc are going to to be related to something else?

I hope that an arrest is made this week, I hope that it's not GBC and I hope that those poor little darlins are coping and don't lose any more family...

Yep. I do think similar. And something I have felt for awhile. But guess we will see. I hope and going by what Police have said, if they aren't just trying to make someone sweat, I think it will be this week.

I agree..I so hope for the kids sake their dad is not guilty and they will still have him round. They aare definitely going to need all the love and support they can get throughout the years as they deal with what has happened.

Not so. In the event of proven innocent, then posters have the option to 'delete' posts so that the children may not read them in the future.

you only have 2 hours to delete, otherwise you need to ask a Mod to do so ..I believe.

And can you imagine how busy they will be if everyone on here asked them to do that!

I couldn't agree more. When this whole case is over I am sure there will be innocent people's names/initials who have been dragged through the mud and everyone's accusations will be on here for anyone to Google for many years to come.
In the event of proven innocent, then posters have the option to 'delete' posts so the children may not read them in the future.

Today marks two weeks since Allison was found. This is usually the timeframe for forensics to finalise results and DNA testing, so hopefully for everyone's sake there will be an arrest soon.

But instead pay all that money to the legal defence team!! Not very clever. For the girls sake they would be better to just fess up and at least leave them something. No wonder the Dickies established a trust fund. At least that cannot be touched for paying off debts and lawyers. All of course IMHO
Further along the financial thread, in addition to Insurance benefits, Allison's Superannuation Funds may have a nominated beneficiary upon her death.
If it is proven that GBC and children are victims of a crime, then they could be eligible for Victims of Crime Compensation, approx. $100,000 (?) per person. This would pay the school fees. Further other family members may also be eligible for Victims of Crime Compensation.
QPS certainly need thorough investigation skills. Hope they gain the evidence needed to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

I think pre-meditated murder for financial gain is very wild speculation. IMO this family is not sinister and is probably very conservative. They obviously value highly the link to the Baden-Powell name and feel they have some status in their community. A few minutes/hours of really bad judgement has wreaked a tragedy of huge proportions on all of them.

I don't know if it would be Financial "GAIN" as such but I really do believe "IF" any of the family is involved in this it would be due to Financial Reasons...ie:- Hide Financial Mistakes or Prevent Possible Property Settlement?

Although, I don't think the possibility of Financial gain is "WILD" specualtion...Money makes people do crazy things to people especially if you think you are entitled to it or it is YOURS and know one else desrves it??

IMO

In the event of proven innocent, then posters have the option to 'delete' posts so the children may not read them in the future.

Perhaps so... but in the case of the Joanna Yeates murder in the UK where the innocent landlord was ruthlessly slandered by the press and individuals...his legal counsel went on to successfully sue all parties involved as all public defamation had been of course recorded by his legal counsel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr