Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking and have read everything from the first post on. I don't think I have anything very revealing to add, but I feel like I have to write something. This case has really grabbed my attention and just breaks my heart. My partner is from Brisbane and we heard about the case on his FB news feed and have been trying to make sense of the senselessness of it all.

Initially I suspected GBC. My partner said that's because I'm a jaded American and we have too much violence here in the States, d'oh! but he's now come around too... neither of us can believe a stranger did this, though we've waffled a bit on whether GBC really did this. In many ways it seems to be the only plausible explanation, but at the same time, it makes no sense at all -- if their relationship was that terrible... why not just file for divorce?
....respectively snipped.

A great first post msthinksalot and welcome to the forum. :welcome5:

You doing this all wrong - you get your.. hubby/wife? to cook - just like I do.
This thread will be 30 pages long by the time you return :floorlaugh:
I havn't categorised you yet - I say 'girl'.

God help us if they shut the forum down - where will we hang out?

Thanks CJ Great in principle but unfortunately I retired without the Gold Lotto so I have a smallish hostel for International Students and they are a hungry hord and not interested in any of this!!! Anyway glad to be back before we are up to page 30!!!!
On hanging out I think we are a while off yet.

Hi everyone :) Just thought i would let you all know i'm back. This case has really gotten to me and i just felt like i needed a couple of days break. I won't be commenting very much though because i would hate too upset anyone. Thankyou to those who left me a private message saying not to leave <3 <3

Welcome back angel1, good to see you back on board :)

Members can try to leave but no no it doesn't work...lol.

I'm curious as to what is underneath the BC house. Looks like that would be of interest.

I am sure that novice reporter got tongue tied (not in the granny pash way), because he corrected himself after others tried to help him, and it was only ever the family cars police asked for witnesses to. No Pajero involved.

Hope I'm not wrong but I'm pretty sure Bwana's Holden Statesman is white and quite old (like him ;))... I got the impression at least 4-5 years based on when they were that shape, maybe even up to 12 years old... I think bwana would like to say he has a Statesman but probably wouldn't be in the market for a new one often... It featured on the original indooroopilly police visit and I think just shows on the onthehouse.com.au carport/garage shot.

Does anyone know what mamma banana drives? (other than NBC wild with passion)...
Whenever anyone mentions Bwana the song "Bwananas in pyjamas" pops into my head. This then leads me to think of them in their sleepwear. After that someone will mention the pash incident and then there is no way of unthinking what has already been thunk.

FML

We are not allowed to post rumours so instead I will put my theory forward.

So in my humble opinion

GBC was not the most faithful of husbands, ABC was aware of that and hence the marriage was on the rocks, ABC recently became aware of the result of her husband's womanising ways (set to make an appearance in 9 mths time).

Divorce wanted, explosive argument ensued, GBC lost his temper and accidentally killed Allison, confided in his family to help cover up his crime.

IMO that IS interesting..and in the vein of KISS (Keep It Simple Silly)......a very good theory in my eyes......YIKES so simple and so tragic and so telling if she told the Police at HER interviews hey comrades....

I am so ill thinking it through, would cause me to organise a sleepover so children DO NOT get a whisper of this when I discuss it with my husband.

The ultimate betrayal..........:what:

Hello msthinksalot,

I agree, if this was a 'random' murder, it does seem strange that the victim was clothed. I've not read anything, anywhere, to suggest that ABC was sexually assaulted. Doesn't seem to support a random murder IMO :)

I can't read that one without logging in.... Any new tidbits?

Oh really? Wonder why I got in ... Weird.

Not really much new, different wording but reads like a 'we suspect him' to me, maybe intentionally worded on the ' but, until yesterday, they had not said he was a suspect.' bit to create speculation?

here's a snippet...

"...

They door-knocked, stopped cars near a roundabout that they thought might provide clues and scanned the surrounding tangled vegetation from a chopper.

Initially, police declared Mr Baden-Clay was a "person of interest" but, until yesterday, they had not said he was a suspect.

The public's attention was captured. Even the British press were reporting the disappearance. Mr Baden-Clay was related, after all, to one of their own.

People care most when bad things happen to good folk.

When crime blows apart a fortress home as it has with the Baden-Clays, people are fascinated by what is going on inside. All may not be as rosy as it seems. Lives never are...."

Am I allowed to post more if I quote the URL? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ppen-to-the-good/story-fnat7jnn-1226353374332

"...When crime blows apart a fortress home as it has with the Baden-Clays, people are fascinated by what is going on inside. All may not be as rosy as it seems. Lives never are.

Of Victoria's cases where middle-class and wealthy families are hit with the scourge of violence and death, solved ones stay in our memories; the unsolved cold cases are paraded occasionally so we don't forget.

The deaths of Margaret Wales-King and Paul King in 2002, at the hand of her son, Matthew Wales, and the spear gun murder of pregnant Anna Kemp and her toddler daughter, Gracie, by husband and father John Sharpe in 2004 are mysteries which took little time for the police to draw to a close.

The same was true for the murder of Maria Korp, found half-dead in a car boot.

The lover of husband Joe, Tania Herman, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and Joe was charged with conspiring and attempting to murder his wife."

Fairly pointed article?

Nope .The BC's Junior & Senior Houses do not have Pools.
Also "Fact" .................Adam ( Brother to GBC) flew home to Canada yesterday! Maybe doesn't want to stick around when the s......t hits the fan!

(maybe i couldn't open it because I'm on my phone? Strange)

Ah ha! Interesting wording. Ambiguous

My thoughts are that the 3 girls attend either their mothers school IGGS where they should board....but thats in Ipswich and at the time when their mother attended that school it was run by the Anglican Church...now it is non denomination. Therefore...I think the Girls should attend a school on the Gold Coast (an hour from Brisbane) where Allisons parents now reside. The Southport 'st aidens' is an Anglican church ladies college and very much appropriate. It would be better for the girls as they wont come accross this terrible tragidy and gossip down there as much as they would in IGGS. They can also board...full or Day board..Mon to Frid....on the weekends they can be with grandparents or who ever. I have family who have attended this school and it is VERY VERY GOOD.....They were also Boarders....

Can't keep up, not sure if this has been corrected and it's a minor point but IGGS was not run by the Anglican church when ABC was there and never was to my knowledge.

Also St Aidans is in Corinda not the Gold Coast. St Hildas is on the Gold Coast

Whenever anyone mentions Bwana the song "Bwananas in pyjamas" pops into my head. This then leads me to think of them in their sleepwear. After that someone will mention the pash incident and then there is no way of unthinking what has already been thunk.

FML

Altogether Now. Bwananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs. Bwananas in pyjamas la la la la la......:Banane59::Banana3::Bananahide: And look. They're all wearing yellow coats. :floorlaugh:

Am I allowed to post more if I quote the URL? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ppen-to-the-good/story-fnat7jnn-1226353374332

"...When crime blows apart a fortress home as it has with the Baden-Clays, people are fascinated by what is going on inside. All may not be as rosy as it seems. Lives never are.

Of Victoria's cases where middle-class and wealthy families are hit with the scourge of violence and death, solved ones stay in our memories; the unsolved cold cases are paraded occasionally so we don't forget.

The deaths of Margaret Wales-King and Paul King in 2002, at the hand of her son, Matthew Wales, and the spear gun murder of pregnant Anna Kemp and her toddler daughter, Gracie, by husband and father John Sharpe in 2004 are mysteries which took little time for the police to draw to a close.

The same was true for the murder of Maria Korp, found half-dead in a car boot.

The lover of husband Joe, Tania Herman, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and Joe was charged with conspiring and attempting to murder his wife."

Fairly pointed article?

OH goodness, very suggestive now I've read all that

To all those talking about Pathways. Pathways works with a lot of children who are on the Autism Spectrum. What they have is 1 day training workshops that certifies you to introduce and maintain an ongoing FRIENDS program in your school. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/about-our-training-workshops/ On Friday the 20th April they had this training program scheduled. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-kids-4-12/fun-friends/ You don't have to work for Pathways to do a training day.

The Courier-Mail reports Allison as having worked with Pathways for 5 years, and touring schools with the program. I posted the link to the article earlier today. Allison on LinkedIn describes herself as a partner in Pathways.

My wife and I, and our children went through the Pathways program. None of our children have autism. The Pathways program is very broad. In our case it was about dealing with our three young daughters fighting with each other all the time. Twins, plus a younger daughter 20 months later. The dynamics were diabolical when they hit the 4 to 6 year range.

Allison was a missing person...on the 11th day when her body was found the investigation then became a homicide investigation...

But despite Mrs Baden-Clay being missing since Thursday night, Inspector Mark Laing said his team was still positive about finding her alive.

"From my perspective she is still alive,'' he said. "I do not believe she has met her demise.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...ay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767#ixzz1uvNzgf00

Body found in creek is Allison Baden-Clay

Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance had become a murder investigation, with the clothing found on the body similar to that worn by Mrs Baden-Clay when she went missing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/hop...d-at-kholo-creek/story-e6frfkvr-1226343535002

As I said, before, dectectives from "Missing Persons" usually run, missing person investigations, not homicide. Something that the first responding police on the scene noticed, when she was first reported missing on the Friday, made it necessary for the homicide unit to "take point" /run this investigation, from the get go. Instead of leaving in the hands of the missing person unit. THIS IS NOT THE NORM! They're not going to come out and say that they believe she's dead, before they find her body. Just like they're not coming out to the public and saying what her cause of death is, even though they pretty much know it's stragulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob