Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell!!!!

Anyone know when the membership / sponsorship ceased or failed to be renewed???

I think the journo might think they've stumbled onto something there, but in order to buy a family pass to the Show you need to join as a member (kind of like signing in at the front desk of a Bowls Club :)) It's no biggie, something like $60 per year ... on the years we go, we renew it at the gate. They don't send any reminders and there is no mailing list etc. So it would be completely normal for your 'Brookfield Show Society membership' to expire. Gerard was probably holding out to scam free tickets somehow.

I have to disagree with the kids having ongoing exposure to their dad if he is the guilty party. If he is an upstanding guy that flipped out once due to excessive pressures, became excessively violent and injured Allison so badly she appeared dead - he'd have rung an ambulance and fronted the police, not put her in the water for almost 2 weeks and called a lawyer. Or confessed at any time since.

If he is, as has been suggested, a slimy, cheating, violent tempered man, prepared to stack a car rather than front police, god knows what he is saying to those girls behind closed doors to disparage their mother, sowing the seeds to make them feel like Allison was in some way responsible, make them not trust police or their grandparents, and potentially confuse their memories or opinions. If he can put Allison's body out in the elements to hopefully go unfound, he will surely be messing with their heads to protect himself. He won't suddenly only have their best interests at heart if he is prepared to put them through their mother missing, thinking god only knows what has happened.

If he is the one who murdered Allison and dumped her body, and he is at all concerned for his daughters above himself, he will summons up the courage to go straight to police, confess, plead guilty and serve his sentence without expensive representation and delays. He can do that at any time and put an end to the wait for Allison's family and friends and free up the resources of the police for the community's sake.

Respect your opinion. I was only thinking from the pint of view of the kids at this immediate time and in particular at the funeral. Because one would hope they have been spared from all the gossip and speculation and maybe Daddy is just daddy to them and they need that for a little longer. IF he was to be found guilty, The horror those kids will endure after loosing their mum..Hard to even imagine.

Understand where you are coming from though.

And if it was that prado and was involved, again how stupid, when you have century 21 logo across the back wiindow.:waitasec:

Maybe their reasons for this were simply that they had no other choice but to use those cars. And I reckon they'd be in a bit of a hurry... goes to show that even wonderful people like them {puke puke} can make mistakes.

And if it was that prado and was involved, again how stupid, when you have century 21 logo across the back wiindow.:waitasec:

Lol I reckon!!!
I also cant quite work out a good reason to use 2 cars yet...
As for the car colours- the crashed car looks black on my phone and green on my computer haha. Whatever colour it is, in the dark, then trying to recall later on.... Easy to get confused.
Was the white car tailing the blue one? If so, maybe it was trying to hide its personalized plates.

Lol I reckon!!!
I also cant quite work out a good reason to use 2 cars yet...
As for the car colours- the crashed car looks black on my phone and green on my computer haha. Whatever colour it is, in the dark, then trying to recall later on.... Easy to get confused.
Was the white car tailing the blue one? If so, maybe it was trying to hide its personalized plates.

Yes it was according to the courier mail. White was tailing blue. Aaaannd, if the white was century 21 prado.:doh: back would be clearly visible.

Maybe their reasons for this were simply that they had no other choice but to use those cars. And I reckon they'd be in a bit of a hurry... goes to show that even wonderful people like them {puke puke} can make mistakes.

Totally. In a hurry and a panic I'd imagine it would be easy to forget the car has stickers etc, especially when you are used to driving it all the time. Probably just wouldn't cross your mind. Assuming its you-know-who's car that is...

Is there some reason various posters need to denigrate Lord Baden-Powell or anyone other than the persons intimately involved in this case? It is pointless and ridiculous to make assertions about the values or personalities of a broad range of these persons purely on the basis that one of their descendants or relatives is involved in a homicide.

Funny. I look at all the pics of that car he crashed and would ay its a dark navy metallic. But maybe my colour vision is off.

Charcoal is the colour of the crash care but you know how with metalic paint it looks darker or lighter from different angles and levels of light:what::fence:

Totally. In a hurry and a panic I'd imagine it would be easy to forget the car has stickers etc, especially when you are used to driving it all the time. Probably just wouldn't cross your mind. Assuming its you-know-who's car that is...

They're just lucky nobody stopped them and asked for their autographs... since they consider themselves such an important family. haha

If the white car was being towed...the dumb clucker GBC probably ran out of petrol??

Is there some reason various posters need to denigrate Lord Baden-Powell or anyone other than the persons intimately involved in this case? It is pointless and ridiculous to make assertions about the values or personalities of a broad range of these persons purely on the basis that one of their descendants or relatives is involved in a homicide.

Just adding the descendant and relatives are not yet proven to be involved in homicide.. just saying

break time for me anyways, headache setting in. Too easy to get engrossed in here and everything else outside keeps going..

... I think who ever has written the point form at the top (as this is done usually by someone else, not the writer of the article) have misread the sentence that says "The show, which begins tomorrow at Brookfield Showgrounds where police set up a command post while they searched for Mrs Baden-Clay, was sponsored last year by Gerard Baden-Clay's Century 21 real estate franchise." Terribly written sentence. IMO.

I reckon they'll have a media/public relations style tent at the Show if no charges are laid prior (seems like they won't be), just to show the local community they're still on the case. I doubt you'd want a fully-fledged 'command post' at the Brookfield Show - the drunks and carny's would drive them batty :)

:floorlaugh:
Thank goodness it's back. I was suffering from DTs and in a moment of madness considered doing some housework. Thankfully the cat slapped some sense in to me which I maintained long enough until the forum came back again.

*wipes brow*
*rocks back and forth*

I hear you AllyG!!
I was in middle of dealing with piles of laundry and washing floors (much neglected lately) and thought I try once more (even rebooted modem in case something was wrong). But than again I may as well pretend to be what Morph thinks anyway and continue reading and checking and hoping and wishing and all that!!!

Just think... if this report of the 2 cars is indeed them... how differently this could have all turned out... what if a police car had been around that area? They certainly would have pulled them over to ask questions. Their plan could have come unstuck very quickly.

They're just lucky nobody stopped them and asked for their autographs... since they consider themselves such an important family. haha

Would be funny if it had a big portrait on it too, like those real estate agent signs you see at bus stops etc hahaha.

My brother just told me that he was in the understanding the BC's didn't have a blue car/4wd??? I'm just saying what he said i don't know for sure. And the person that seen the white van in the area contacted crimestoppers but they haven't mentioned it in any of the news reports???

I have to disagree with the kids having ongoing exposure to their dad if he is the guilty party.

I agree with your position re the children. The adults who are capable of love, empathy, nurturing and support around them will undertake to look after their security and sense of attachment/belonging to family still. IMO I fear for their mental health into the future if their father/close others are guilty of their mother's murder/accomplices and permitted to remain in close proximity with them. The Law has a responsibility to deliver Justice.

Just adding the descendant and relatives are not yet proven to be involved in homicide.. just saying

break time for me anyways, headache setting in. Too easy to get engrossed in here and everything else outside keeps going..

I totally agree with you. And i hope you feel better soon :) I have been sick since sunday and it sucks grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat