Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I don't think that has ever been reported.

Hmmmmmm and pic's I have seen of that Honda all have the number plate 'fuzzied' out ....... is that strange ........ can't recall any other plates 'fuzzied' out .......... I wonder whom the registered owner of that Honda is ?

I wonder ?

I didn't. I took it to be Thurs. Which could make sense if she dropped the girls off for sleepover at the in-laws. (and if Olivia was staying there on holiday)

Someone "in the know" said Olivia arrived on Saturday morning??

On a side note, in that article they refered to Olivia as Ms Walton - she too is married, Allison had been reffered to as Ms Baden-Clay in some news reports and people on here took that as an indication that they were infact seperated... I think that this shows that it's just something that the media do! IMO

Yep i don't see the Ms thing as having any hidden meaning. I know many women in certain professional situations or for whatever reason chose to go by Ms, regardless of being married or not.

[respectfully snipped :)]

Yes, I think it's important to remember that it's the media's job to make stories compelling enough to keep readership up and, hence, why I always go back to direct quotes from the police because they're the ones who are going to give you the straight facts without any embellishment.

I would think that anyone involved in the investigation would hope for a confession rather than having to charge someone and then they have to either a) try to get a confession out of them or b) take them to court. It's possible in court that the person(s) responsible could get off, even if there is both circumstantial and factual evidence. IMO If GBC is the prime suspect, the fact he has "lawyered-up" has probably meant the investigators feel they need to cover all bases (have as much evidence as possible) to charge him. If GBC was charged he would be questioned (with lawyers present). If the lawyers can find any holes in the evidence (circumstantial or not) presented they will be able to walk out of that police station with GBC still a free man BUT the lawyers will have a whole lot more to go by. The questioning by the police will give the lawyers a new insight into how much information the police have on the case. That will give them more time to work on a defense for GBC before the police bring him in for questioning again.

I think the investigators feel they have one shot at this or, at least, one best shot. If they don't get it right the first time it's going make this thing drag on for months/years.

All IMO.

As an aside (still IMO): this has been a very emotional case for all involved including investigators. I have thought that if GBC is their main suspect, and even if investigators have a fair bit of evidence to prove he did it, they might also be thinking "no need to rush" because of ABC's three girls. Regardless of whether GBC is guilty or not, imagine the impact losing their father straight after losing their mother. I know some will probably think "But if he did it, imagine how they're going to feel if this drags on and then eventually they have to face the reality their father killed their mother!" However, in my heart I think that having him around at the moment is the lesser of two evils. There is no doubt in my mind that he loves his girls. I think the grief he displayed at the funeral was more about them than Allison but I think it was heartfelt nonetheless. My thought has always been this was not premeditated. Things got out of hand. If he did do it, I think in his mind he's probably thinking "OMG what have I done!" not anything like "well, I'm glad she's dead". I think he panicked and now he can't undo what he's done. I'd be guessing he wishes he could.

I completely agree re the girls. I also believe they are the reason he will never ever confess. A lot of people would have cracked by now! But I bet in his mind he is thinking that the longer it all drags out, the longer he has with them.

Someone "in the know" said Olivia arrived on Saturday morning??

Did they? I never saw that post. And sometimes I can't make heads nor tails of what people are posting as fact sometimes. It all blurs. the hearsay, fact and opinion. I am sure I saw Olivia speaking to media in brookfield on the Friday? Could be wrong.

Hi all - I think someone mentioned this a while ago, but I just looked at our April edition of The Local Bulletin (a local rag for those of you who aren't local :) ). There is a shiny pic of GBC in there as president of the chamber of commerce.

interestingly, the article says that the monthly meeting is at 7am on Thursday 19 April at the Kenmore Tavern. he must have gone to the chemist after the meeting - the beginning of a day that would change his life forever.

Best Friend confirmed in the C/M on weekend that the kids were in fact at a sleepover...I don't have link but it is a definte and has been posted a few times in the past few threads if you are interested in trawling through it all?
OK I'll keep trawling, do you know if the friend said it live in a video interview or was she quoted?
Also did she say where the sleepover was?
I know she said Alison was going to drop some stuff off to her, which I read as Friday after the conference, and I read something about the SIL having them for a sleepover .I presume at senior BC's?

If I was able to find out just one fact this is the one I want to know. Will be annoying if we have been mislead by bad reporting or lies. (not a lie by friend but was she told one)

Totally agree re the lights, tried to post that myself earlier but forum went down.
Also one would think the last thing they would want would be to be involved in any kind of accident.
Another point I don't understand using 2 cars, just doubles the chances of being pulled up or forensics left on tyres etc.
2 cars....hmmmm......I would think one is on watch while the other disposed of the body! Also if one was stopped....the other can distract attention away from the car/van that had the body in! Interesting to think that 2 cars have to dispose of one body....all sorts of scenarios are popping into mind. Still think that Allison could have been run over. The person that did it went back home and told his partner/friend to help. Could be wrong though! The phone not being turned off or found points to it not being the husband!

Blue car - could the body have been transported in it instead of any other vehicle? He may have know that the family cars were going to be search as a matter of normal investigation, hence using someone else's car, which then could be thoroughly cleaned over time, would have been a better option. I recall that when the press informed that a "close female friend" had been interviewed by QPS, it stated that she had been identified by her car's rego. Can anybody recall any footage of any blue car arriving at the Indro police station the same day this was reported?

Hi all - I think someone mentioned this a while ago, but I just looked at our April edition of The Local Bulletin (a local rag for those of you who aren't local :) ). There is a shiny pic of GBC in there as president of the chamber of commerce.

interestingly, the article says that the monthly meeting is at 7am on Thursday 19 April at the Kenmore Tavern. he must have gone to the chemist after the meeting - the beginning of a day that would change his life forever.

That information is new - thank you!!

Did they? I never saw that post. And sometimes I can't make heads nor tails of what people are posting as fact sometimes. It all blurs. the hearsay, fact and opinion. I am sure I saw Olivia speaking to media in brookfield on the Friday? Could be wrong.

There was a discussion here in one of the other threads about this and it went on for quite a while. Some speculate she was already here, others said she arrived on Friday and other on Saturday. I guess we won't know for sure.

Been watching the footage of GBC and the media conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76CI6vtixI

How can he claim "I've spoken to the police about everything" and "I've tried to help the police as much as I can" when he wont even give a formal statement????

probably hasn't been asked to as yet, seriously it could be that simple believe it or not (coming from a lawyer neighbour 3 doors down)
can't help but think (and its been mentioned a few times here) that he/they probably would have thought this would have been treated like any usual missing persons case where nobody took any notice and nothing really started to flare up for a good week or so after the fact (i.e time to return to where body was dumped and properly dispose of it in your own time at your own pace and possibly walk away off scott free)

Can someone quickly remind me - where does Olivia live and what does she do?

Reminder: We don't sleuth people who are not persons of interest in a crime. There is no indication Olivia is suspected of any wrongdoing so please leave her personal information off the forum. :tyou:

... unless he didn't go to the meeting because of the school sports? Very interesting find you made there!

On second thoughts, he could have easilly gone to that and still made the school sports, hey? I bet the people at the meeting were questioned as to his state of mind that morning.

There was a discussion here in one of the other threads about this and it went on for quite a while. Some speculate she was already here, others said she arrived on Friday and other on Saturday. I guess we won't know for sure.

Ok. I do recall discussions about when the sister arrived, but not someone mentioning Sat. So yep, possibly just speculation. (And I certainly wasn't saying factual she was staying Thurs night at BC seniors, just a thought to tie in with her speaking to Allison then, if she did).. After 7 threads, things do become Blurry!

[respectfully snipped :)]

Yes, I think it's important to remember that it's the media's job to make stories compelling enough to keep readership up and, hence, why I always go back to direct quotes from the police because they're the ones who are going to give you the straight facts without any embellishment.

I would think that anyone involved in the investigation would hope for a confession rather than having to charge someone and then they have to either a) try to get a confession out of them or b) take them to court. It's possible in court that the person(s) responsible could get off, even if there is both circumstantial and factual evidence. IMO If GBC is the prime suspect, the fact he has "lawyered-up" has probably meant the investigators feel they need to cover all bases (have as much evidence as possible) to charge him. If GBC was charged he would be questioned (with lawyers present). If the lawyers can find any holes in the evidence (circumstantial or not) presented they will be able to walk out of that police station with GBC still a free man BUT the lawyers will have a whole lot more to go by. The questioning by the police will give the lawyers a new insight into how much information the police have on the case. That will give them more time to work on a defense for GBC before the police bring him in for questioning again.

I think the investigators feel they have one shot at this or, at least, one best shot. If they don't get it right the first time it's going make this thing drag on for months/years.

All IMO.

As an aside (still IMO): this has been a very emotional case for all involved including investigators. I have thought that if GBC is their main suspect, and even if investigators have a fair bit of evidence to prove he did it, they might also be thinking "no need to rush" because of ABC's three girls. Regardless of whether GBC is guilty or not, imagine the impact losing their father straight after losing their mother. I know some will probably think "But if he did it, imagine how they're going to feel if this drags on and then eventually they have to face the reality their father killed their mother!" However, in my heart I think that having him around at the moment is the lesser of two evils. There is no doubt in my mind that he loves his girls. I think the grief he displayed at the funeral was more about them than Allison but I think it was heartfelt nonetheless. My thought has always been this was not premeditated. Things got out of hand. If he did do it, I think in his mind he's probably thinking "OMG what have I done!" not anything like "well, I'm glad she's dead". I think he panicked and now he can't undo what he's done. I'd be guessing he wishes he could.

First time poster here...hi all, I have been lurking and reading along with these threads for some time.

My interest in this case stems from being a long time Brisbane resident, a mum around the same age as ABC and the fact that I have worked in the legal/courts field for many years as well as having a police officer in the family, so yes....all things legal/criminal etc have always been of interest to me...(hmmm..not sure if that is a good or bad thing?)

I have been quietly reading along and have not been sure how to put into words my thoughts on all of this, but this post by rhb is along the same thoughts and feelings I tend to have, I also beleive that the grief which was evident on GBC's face at the funeral was genuine, I have no doubt whatsoever that he loves his children, and yes....IMO if he is found to be the one who has committed this crime then he really would be in the "OMG what have I done phase" right now, I shudder to think how awful it must be to be living that every minute of the day....

Do I think GBC is guilty? Do I think he knows what happened to ABC? I have NO idea....what I do know is that the police will be pouring everything they have into this investigation......they will want to be 120% sure of all the facts before acting on anything, as much as I want a quick resolution to this case and justice for ABC, I also want a watertight case, and that may just take time to achieve

look forward to more reading along

2 cars....hmmmm......I would think one is on watch while the other disposed of the body! Also if one was stopped....the other can distract attention away from the car/van that had the body in! Interesting to think that 2 cars have to dispose of one body....all sorts of scenarios are popping into mind. Still think that Allison could have been run over. The person that did it went back home and told his partner/friend to help. Could be wrong though! The phone not being turned off or found points to it not being the husband!

Can't agree on the being run over possibility im sorry. Even in a semi-rural area like this there would always be at least one or several people within range that would hear the massive thump that noise would make and then the natural tire screaching noises and swerve marks all over the road somewhere in the general vicinity. just something you couldnt do on the quiet I dont think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth