GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In looking at the pictures of the accused at the family shrine I wonder what wounds he got at the crime scene.
Even though he has a jacket on his appearance kind of suggests he is in pretty good shape.
Having said that he must have suffered a reasonable wound to leave a trail of blood.

The magnitude of this crime is starting to affect me and I know I'm not alone.

Yes....you can't post names of minors here either, you can use an initial or the first letter then stars or something though.

Another thing, these aren't pictures from when Chris visited the shrine last week, are they?

THE Rowe family's only immediate surviving member, Christopher, visited the makeshift shrine to his family at the rear of their Harriet St home yesterday.

He stayed a short time before retreating to his girlfriend's parents' farmhouse 2km away.

The news reports said the attack was frenzied and the crime scene was messy. The blood trail does not necessarily have to be his. It is possible that he did not recieve any injuries at all. It is a distinct possibility the blood trail is from blood on his shoes from stepping in it inside the house.

The photo at the shrine definitely looks like the accused to me, that why i was so shocked to see it on the news report although it was before the arrest.

They got his DNA from somewhere.
I presumed it was from his blood and the police must have had an indication it was the perpetrators blood.
Otherwise they would have had to take hundreds of swabs.
Just my take on it.

Mrs. G

You're bad...lol (britches)

My guess his footprints led to a bathroom or kitchen, found a towel where he wiped his hands off.

Actually that is true about the blood trail leaving, he may have left blood at the scene from his own wounds, but left a trail of blood from his shoes as he left the house with his victims blood....seems much more likely.

I find it intruiging that he hasn't applied for bail if he's pleading not guilty; this guy definitely has some serious mental issues and/or some poor legal advice.

I did hear initially that he was refused bail. I'd imagine they would set the bail pretty high, considering the nature of the crime.

Did we ever hear anymore about the supposed blood stained towel the police apparantly found?

Im sure the detectives went over the scene with a fine tooth comb. Im no expert on this but cant they get DNA from things beside blood? hair maybe, and we dont know if there was a sexual side to this either so there are other posibilites other than blood. Yes it could have been his blood leaving a trail, but it can only take a very small cut for a fair bit of blood to drip out. you dont have to have huge cut to leave a long trail. I have cut my fingers and pinched them in things accidentally many times and have left a trail of drips for several meters when running to the tap to wash it off and stick on a bandaid, Ive noticed it particularly on my thumb as one time and couldnt really believe how much blood was comming out from one tiny cut and how quickly. So they could have got DNA from his blood inside the house or outside, but for me the trail of blood outside i reckon is from their blood on his shoes or maybe could have been their blood he had somewhere on him that had dripped off him. Who knows..........

As for the blood stained towel, from what i have heard/seen one TV station jumped to conclusions and said it was 'soaked in blood' and then everyone else fed off that and it snowballed. Not all reports said it was blood stained/soaked. The media do sometimes add to things themselves. Some reports i heard just said a 'dirty' or similar towel. The towel could have been totally unrelated. In this area it is not uncommon to see dirty old clothes, rags and junk etc just dumped on the side of the road, people just chuck it out of car windows or it falls out of bins etc. Ive had that sort of stuff just end up in my back yard, sometimes the wind blows it over.

OMG DNA....possible rape right?? DUH!! Although they were looking for someone with cuts so he must have left blood in the house.

If the crime scene was as horrific as we have been told, of course the families blood would have been all over him. Deffinetly would have been their blood on his shoes.

Now that I think about it, he really didn't do alot to hide the fact that he was there. Left blood and possibly other DNA behind. Bloody footprints. Didn't try to clean anything up. Surely he didn't think he could get away with this.

Another view with the side of his face.

{mod edit}

And from what I could tell his shoes looked like some basketball type shoes like Jordans. Although a lot of kids wear them. But man, same build. Sorta tall, wiry, looks like he would be on the basketball court.

Seems to me like he's wearing the same shirt as in his Bebo profile, and the jacket would be to cover the injuries on his arms.

Thats why if he had some huge cut on his hand or arm requiring bandages it would be obvious to others when they saw him. He may have only had a small cut requiring a bandaid. I can not see how he could have been injured so much to require bandages and also be hanging around with the family and friends grieving at the shine etc. It was on the news everywhere to keep a look out for people with cuts or what ever, but Im thinking they didnt really know how injured he could have been. As i said before, it can only take a small cut to bleed a lot and leave the impression that the cut must of been substantial enough to have required bandages when infact it didnt. The only other thing i can think of is that he had a cut somewhere on his body or arm that could have been hidden by clothing.

Now that I think about it, he really didn't do alot to hide the fact that he was there. Left blood and possibly other DNA behind. Bloody footprints. Didn't try to clean anything up. Surely he didn't think he could get away with this.

Yep been thinking this too. There was a news article that explains what sort of people do this when they have made no attempt to hide the crime.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...o-they-dont-care/story-e6frea83-1225951378830

The only remorse this killer has is for the situation he is now in. He will use any avenue possible to get the lightest sentence he can. He doesn't want a lifetime behind bars.

A killer of this type is the worst of the worst.
There will never be an answer to 'why'.

I hope in SA a life sentence means just that~~~~~ life.

I believe an SA life sentence is 25 years, but he'll be getting 3 of them.

He should be about 93 when he gets out.

Found his cached FB when looking for the bros name... {edit by mod to remove link to relative of alleged suspect}Great so all files still exist for police....they'll be all over his hard drive too.

You can't log in to cached Facebook, so even friends of his who go to that page cannot see his wall, let alone police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper