GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I saw the name 'Holly' appear on the TV screen during a news interview....

Eariler in the day of the night of the murder the family had a picnic or BBQ for lunch, i definitely heard they were 'out' for lunch

They had been living in the general area (nearby towns/suburbs) for some years, but had only recently moved into that house. They had been living in Whyalla (the first suspect also recently moved from there), but I'm not sure if this was immediately beforehand. CR had been to 3 high schools in 3 years, so they may have moved a number of times.

That is what gave a lot of people the impression that the family was hiding/running from something in the early days of the investigation.

How do we know the killer changed clothes???

Logical deduction, follow the blood drops, goes to washing machine...killer maybe thought to wash his clothes and maybe changed his mind, and found another set of clothes to wear...Cops said they had DNA, perhaps that is because an item of clothes he left behind.

It was at this time that the people in the gallery gasped in horror, and cried, and abuse was hurled at the accused, with something to the tune of "Hope you rot in hell you *advertiser censored***** little p****" (amongst other things) being shouted.

What made them gasp and cry specifically?

The fact that a rape charge was thrown in there.

Yep same here, as i said b4 i had never tried it on FB pages b4 but i use it all the other time for stuff.

Yes, I can confirm that the rape charge is absolutely true, however I also can't understand why it is suppressed....perhaps he denies it...says it was consensual..?..therefore there is not damning evidence that is it rape?....I don't know... I wonder if it will come out on Wednesday?

I doubt it was consensual, otherwise why would he kill her and her parents?

I'm wondering could that be an "alibi" as such as he is offering into the court at the moment, I guess it helps with the sexual part of the offence, that is unless the police continue because she was 16 and he 18 and he had sex with a minor according to sa law.

An alibi means having a witness see him at a location other than the crime scene, at the time of the crime. The fact that Chantelle was in bed would place him at the crime scene if he used having sex with her as an alibi for that night...

OK, try and think of this situation minus the samurai sword, <modsnip>...these are all unverified claims at this point and could make the story appear more incredulous than it already is.

People have assumed that there was more to the crime because police have said how gruesome the scene was and described the attack as frenzied. Why is it that we do not accept that 3 family members who had been stabbed to death in safety of their home could be shocking and distressing to police. After all, how often does this happen in the Kapunda area??

{mod edit} the alleged suspect is being portrayed as a monster who went there with the intent to kill and then did revolting things to the bodies. I was expecting an "Emo" homepage, with twisted rants etc...but instead we found what appears to be a very normal and mild mannered kid. Even friends of the victims, colleagues, family and primary school friends say the same thing.

I know it would make the story more interesting if he was psycho and did all the things claimed, but consider the scenario that he went there to be with CR (some friends do believe their relationship was ongoing at the time of the murders. This was said earlier in the threads). They had consensual sex (presence of DNA). {mod edit} the alleged suspect goes to leave, but gets caught by father, let's just say in the kitchen. A struggle ensues and {mod edit} the alleged suspect grabs a knife and stabs the father, could be claimed in self-defence. He then also attacks the mother when she comes in after hearing screams. The struggle continues into another room where mother is killed.

To spend the most time with CR, you would think both parents were already dead. Maybe he spent time with CR trying to apologise, but she angered him by not listening to his explanation...the shock helps him carry on through the following days.

Or...maybe he didn't do this at all...let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time someone has been charged only to have the charges later dropped. His lawyer requested the suppression order based on the provided alibi, but she then said "It's also put that identification procedures may result"...would love to here what everyones take is on what that means exactly.

I doubt it was consensual, otherwise why would he kill her and her parents?

He is still innocent until proven guilty, he could have had sex with her earlier on in the day for all we know. I have been guilty myself of jumping to conclusions, but the truth of the matter is that none of us here are sure what happened.

...an eerie afterthought to my scenario above...there is a knife block in the background of the family photo...could one of these be the murder weapon? Creepy thought...

OK, try and think of this situation minus the samurai sword, <modsnip> of the body...these are all unverified claims at this point and could make the story appear more incredulous than it already is.

People have assumed that there was more to the crime because police have said how gruesome the scene was and described the attack as frenzied. Why is it that we do not accept that 3 family members who had been stabbed to death in safety of their home could be shocking and distressing to police. After all, how often does this happen in the Kapunda area??

{mod edit} the alleged suspect is being portrayed as a monster who went there with the intent to kill and then did revolting things to the bodies. I was expecting an "Emo" homepage, with twisted rants etc...but instead we found what appears to be a very normal and mild mannered kid. Even friends of the victims, colleagues, family and primary school friends say the same thing.

I know it would make the story more interesting if he was psycho and did all the things claimed, but consider the scenario that he went there to be with CR (some friends do believe their relationship was ongoing at the time of the murders. This was said earlier in the threads). They had consensual sex (presence of DNA). {mod edit} alleged suspect goes to leave, but gets caught by father, let's just say in the kitchen. A struggle ensues and {mod edit} the alleged suspect grabs a knife and stabs the father, could be claimed in self-defence. He then also attacks the mother when she comes in after hearing screams. The struggle continues into another room where mother is killed.

To spend the most time with CR, you would think both parents were already dead. Maybe he spent time with CR trying to apologise, but she angered him by not listening to his explanation...the shock helps him carry on through the following days.

Or...maybe he didn't do this at all...let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time someone has been charged only to have the charges later dropped. His lawyer requested the suppression order based on the provided alibi, but she then said "It's also put that identification procedures may result"...would love to here what everyones take is on what that means exactly.

Interesting theory, but if he had been sleeping with Chantelle over the past two months, wouldn't the parents already know? I mean, most parents can tell when their child is sexually active.

Also, that theory doesn't really explain why he would have stabbed Chantelle 50 times. It's the father who he would most likely have been angry at.

I'm friends with one of Chantelles friends on facebook. A few days ago on one of her status updates there was a convo going on with her and some of her friends. Her friends were stating that one of the news channels here was reporting that the alleged suspect's rage began when Chantelle refused his sexual advances. I didnt see the news report on it so i dont know if it is factual, but just something i saw.

I find this one statement compelling: {mod edit} remove link

BBM mine

Last night, a family source in Scotland said: "His mum L says the evidence against him means it doesn't look good. We can't believe it - he was a quiet, gentle giant."

My guess they didn't mention the rape because they have further dna testing to establish how long sperm found inside her was. MOO

Interesting theory, but if he had been sleeping with Chantelle over the past two months, wouldn't the parents already know? And it also doesn't really explain why he would have stabbed Chantelle 50 times. It's the father who he would most likely have been angry at.

If he felt that he stabbed the father and mother in self defence, but CR wouldn't listen to him and was saying how much she hated him...maybe he then really lost the plot with her. Has it been released officially that she was stabbed this many times?

I know my parents didn't know who I was sleeping with when I was 16...not that I was if you're reading Mum...

I'm friends with one of Chantelles friends on facebook. A few days ago on one of her status updates there was a convo going on with her and some of her friends. Her friends were stating that one of the news channels here was reporting that {mod edit} the alleged suspect rage began when Chantelle refused his sexual advances. I didnt see the news report on it so i dont know if it is factual, but just something i saw.

Chantelle seemed like a nice girl. I doubt she would have cheated on her boyfriend with this geeky kid.

It is also apparent that she had dated Jason in the past, but they had remained friends.

The alleged suspect had just ended a relationship with a different girl a few weeks earlier (mentioned in Thread 1). Having been likely sexually deprived for a few weeks, maybe he confronted Chantelle (not physically, probably through electronic medium) asking if they could meet up 'for old times sake' for something sexual.

Chantelle (in my opinion) would most likely have said 'No." And that could be when he decides to head over to her house.

I'm friends with one of Chantelles friends on facebook. A few days ago on one of her status updates there was a convo going on with her and some of her friends. Her friends were stating that one of the news channels here was reporting that JD's rage began when Chantelle refused his sexual advances. I didnt see the news report on it so i dont know if it is factual, but just something i saw.

I think you'll find this is some of the "Facebook Justice" that was being referred to in the media.

but he is alleging that this sexual relationship was ongoing until that night where he does indeed claim he had consensual sex with her before the murders.

So he claims he had sex with her the night she was killed? Wouldn't that place him at the scene of the murders? Also, considering the fact that she was online on Facebook talking to friends that evening and said that she was going to bed sick, I doubt she would have felt up to 'sexual relations'.

If they can analyse semen and get a specific time off of it, this would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59