GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with that D&m that tells me there was no lead up to anything, if she was worried or if something happened to warrant fear she would have said something!

I"m curious as to the autopsy findings. Will they notice a contusion and possibly this means that the perp knocked them all out first, or did he tie them up. Either or I would think there would have been a lot more screaming going on. I suppose he could have gagged them, but some how the mother's gag got loose so she was able to scream. Only the police knows these facts.

Could he have gone over there the night before or early that day and maybe put something in a drink like a picture of tea or something. Like sleeping pills? This could render them sound asleep which could be why they were not responsive but I doubt this too because the perp wouldn't know if they actually drank it.

His crime scene from the little we have been able to ascertain is that the killer did not cover all his tracks. He was in the house for at least an hour, he could have done a bit of clean up of evidence but to leave drops of blood leaving the home screams to me he was disorganized and I would think he would be tired after that killing. Also if his adrenaline was pumping hard and he was coming down off of that, he would be even more exhausted. Could this be why he left crucial evidence behind?

I keep picturing something like he tied and gagged them all, had them in the living room, took one at a time (father first) and killed him in one room, came out got the mom, and then took CR to her room and did her. Maybe when he was probably dragging the mom into another room, this is when the gag slid off her mouth and she screamed.

I asked this question before, but no one answered, so I'll ask again.

Does anyone know when the accused acquired a lawyer...before or after giving his DNA?

As the accused was charged initially late in the evening, for an appearance at the Elizabeth Magistrates Court the following morning, the system here in Australia is that he would usually be represented by a Legal Aid Duty Lawyer. This person would put all relevant matters/submissions to the Court on behalf of the accused, as there has been no time to fully brief a barrister. Duty lawyers in S.A. as in all our states, would be registered as both a barrister (advocate to fight for a defendent once the committal/trial is underway), and a solicitor. Either tier can address the court in a preliminary hearing, which is mainly to formalize the charge/s and remand in custody or bail the defendent. Once the charges are laid, then there would be ample time to brief a barrister or a Senior Counsel (SC) for a trial which may not occur for a year or two. If the defendent does not have the means, again Legal Aid will be available, but due to resources, a daily limit would usually be applied. This could lead to the defendent having a lesser (lesser priced that is) barrister, than if it was funded from own means.

In relation to tomorrow's court hearing, the defendent will not appear in person, but will appear via a video conference which is linked to whichever custodial place he is at.

Very informative website

WOW a full party with 7 people there

Hey Mr Bean :)

Do you know if there were any issues between the Accused and Chantelle that night? I know there was a rumour going around by some of their mates that apparently Chantelle said something to him that night that may have led to what happened. Obviously it's just a rumour, just wondering if you know if there's any substance to it?

Well with that D&m that tells me there was no lead up to anything, if she was worried or if something happened to warrant fear she would have said something!

Perhaps but some times deep and meaningful can be one sided, she may have just chosen to keep it to herself or thought he might think she was being silly or perhaps she thought she was being silly. Or she may have not expected the accused to be a serious threat due to the assumptions everyone seems to have of him being frail due to his build.

Do you think it's possible that the parents were not initially at home but came home later? I saw an unconfirmed rumour on the net that this may have been the case and it got me thinking.

1. In the early news reports it stated that the police were able to determine Chanetelle's movements that night, but they were unable to confirm the parents. If the parents had been at home all night then surely they would have been able to tell? Why were they asking for information on the parents movements that evening?
Ok we know the parents came home from Adelaide Sunday morning. They were seen (with CR? I heard the report of them going out for lunch and having a picnic/BBQ on sunday on the TV news but i cant remember if CR was with the parents out on sunday for lunch, can anyone confirm this?) out for lunch on sunday. The 3 had a roast dinner on Sunday evening at their home. This was also said by the police on the news. They must of seen left overs in the fridge or something to know this. CR was facebooking at around 11pm sunday night. We dont know if the parents went out again on Sunday night after the roast dinner.

The crime scene was also apparently one of the worst crime scenes in decades and made officers visibly baulk upon entering the site. To me this indicates that it wasn't just a simple stabbing, but i could be reading too much into it (the media does have a penchant for uversensationalising things afterall)

Agree with you there. To me it sounds like something more because with all their training, would police have seen videos etc of crime scenes where there has been stabbings and sort of know what to expect and be prepared to see a scene with stabed victims and a lot of blood?

4. Back on the topic of the neighbour, he heard two screams. One female one male. Surely if all three had been killed at the same time then there would have been screems from all three of them? Perhaps he didn't hear the screams of Chantelle because it happened earlier in the night?

The neighbour said

"[A woman] said three times 'Help! Help!' [She sounded] desperate to get away from someone," the man said.
"I heard a loud bang and then after that — about 5 or 6 seconds after — I heard a bloke yelling and screaming."

I am sure i have seen or read an article stating that it was the mother yelling help but that was way back in the old threads. The news links have probably been removed anyway, so im not sure that is fact that it ws the mother yelling help.
a
I reckon that the bloke the neighbour heard yelling and screaming was the accused that was yelling and screaming, probably after he murdered the woman who was yelling help. The accused could have just been going nuts. The neighbour didnt report hearing any more noises after this so i would think that what he did hear was basically the end of it. The accused could have just been yelling and screaming as his sort of way of saying 'yes, ive done it, its over, finished' sort of like a celebration??? Thats my speculation.

Hey Mr Bean :)

Do you know if there were any issues between the Accused and Chantelle that night? I know there was a rumour going around by some of their mates that apparently Chantelle said something to him that night that may have led to what happened. Obviously it's just a rumour, just wondering if you know if there's any substance to it?

I heard that nothing out of the ordinary happened

Hi! and welcome.....the list of weird murders in Adelaide goes on and on once you start thinking about it doesn't it...have the Beaumont Children been mentioned (apologies if yes) .. oh and the body in the freezer murder http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...house-demolished/story-e6frea83-1111116155523 Yes, Adelaide has certainly had it's fair share of unusual murder cases that is for sure!
He is out on the street and only did 14 years? OMG! I hope the cops keep an eye out on this guy where ever he moved to.

14 years is good with the sentences they seem to hand out these days if the 18 month sentence they gave to that American man whom murdered his newly wed wife whilst on holiday in Australia is anything to go by!

He is out on the street and only did 14 years? OMG! I hope the cops keep an eye out on this guy where ever he moved to.

Start sarcasm *I am sure, that during these 14 years at one of our fine correctional facilities the prisoner, after much counseling and guidance by the fine staff there, saw the error of his ways and was fully reformed and fit to re-enter civilized society* end sarcasm.

He always said he was innocent and many here believe he was.
The Stevensen murder was especially gruesome (he had a bit cut off and placed eleswhere).
After the "Family" murders came to light, many thought the Stevenson murder fitted that profile (mutilation and homosexual) and agreed that the accused was probably innocent.

I recall rumours that "the family" involved very high profile people, lawyers, politicians etc so it would certainly fit.

Initial investigations so far indicate there was only one offender, with a trail of bloody footprints from the front door and along the dirt footpath in Harriet St pointing to just one person leaving the house. It was unknown if the person left the street on foot or in a vehicle.
Shoes. They would have been able to match his shoes to the crime scene too. As in exact match, with distinctive wear on tread and all. More from footprint evidence from within the house, which he obviously left if he trailed blood out with him.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/rowe-...-frenzied-attack/story-e6frea6u-1225953170080

In that same article Mrs G that you posted a quote from the police states:

"enormous and complex in nature"

Enormous....blood everywhere?

Complex in nature- to me this may mean that he tortured them each a little here and there....maybe he dragged them around, slice, drag, slice drag. *shrug

I'm wondering if maybe there were more screams but either they were ignored, neighbor drunk, didn't hear until right before the final blow. The more I think on this, he had to have gagged them.

Also it seems as though they believe the perp left the house in bloody clothes.

^ I am thinking complex means that the blood was mixed, so that they couldn't automatically pinpoint who's was where. Lots of cross-transfer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8