GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if he was going there to kill them why on earth would you get a lift there? That doesn't sit right in my mind either

We don't actually know if the Toyota and its driver have been identified.
I think it is safe to assume that none of CRs friends drove or owned a vehicle like the one described, as the police would have looked at them first.

If the Toyota was seen in Harriet St that night. There seems to be some doubt as this shows "Neighbour Phyl Wippwer says she remembers seeing the utility. I saw it one day when I was coming back, I don't remember what day I saw it, I just know I did see it," she said.
REF: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/16/3067949.htm

Also, there is still the "4 guys with shaved heads in a Magna" which has not been explained. See this report http://iphone.news.com.au/stories/528785

Yep but it also says: They have received a number of calls about a vehicle seen outside the family's home. so maybe they did get a good witness and someone came forward or maybe not?

The 4 guys with shaved heads in a magna - your so right I could not find any explained reports on that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone82
I was thinking the owner of the 4WD only came forward on the night/afternoon of the arrest as the media reports were really pushing that white 4wd report. After the arrest, you could kind of read between the lines that they were saying that the white 4WD was deal sealer and the last bit of info they needed which was instrumental in the arrest being made which placed the accused at the scene that night. I believe that around Tuesday arvo the 4WD owner may have come forward then?

Totally agree with you there.

May i add, that it was/could have been the evidence that placed him at the scene ASWELL as the DNA and other evidence they already had.

Why didn't the media report on that? I would have thought the way everyone is saying it is happening that would have been a juicy headline for the papers? There was no suppression order then!!

The report headline at that time was that they had 'arrested an 18yr old'. I dont think they wanted a headline stating the 4WD was deal sealer as a lot of locals would have known who has one of those cars and who it most likely was and they didnt want to draw unecessary attention to the 4WD and the driver of the 4WD as the public may have thought the 4WD owner was an accomplice. I assume the police and got all the info they needed about the 4WD and nothing more needed to be said about it as they had the guy they wanted. End of story. At that time they had arrested the an 18yr old and that was the key relavant info for the headline.

Yes it most likey was a Harley at a quick glance, could have been a Japanese look alike too. I think early on they pretty much ruled out any bikie links. i did not see ANY report at all that even whispered possible bikie links. It could have belonged to a friend of theirs who used to live at Whyalla and now lives at Clare and perhaps he parks it at their house every few weeks or something when he comes down this way for work or something and thats a reason why its there on and off?????. Theres probably a legitimate reason its there and has been fully checked out by the cops early on in the investigation. Im sure after sussing that out they pretty much locked onto the fact it was an associate of CR's

Yes, I expect yo are right.

Also if he was going there to kill them why on earth would you get a lift there? That doesn't sit right in my mind either

Killing 3 ppl was also a bad plan. Getting a lift to go kill someone is a bad plan, do you think he did that? Or is this killing unplanned? Why did he go there, oh how I would love to see the SMS and fb pms leading up to this.

No, it doesn't sit right in my mind either.
Which is why I think it had nothing to do with the accussed.

Killing 3 ppl was also a bad plan. Getting a lift to go kill someone is a bad plan, do you think he did that? Or is this killing unplanned? Why did he go there, oh how I would love to see the SMS and fb pms leading up to this.

I really have no idea because I don't know for sure what happened! But my opinion is IF he did do it then it certainly was not premeditated if he got a lift there

No, it doesn't sit right in my mind either.
Which is why I think it had nothing to do with the accussed.

Yes I feel the same, it just isn't adding up! I wish they would just release more info so we had a better idea if they do have the right person

maybe if your going to kill 3 people cause you've planned to and your car does not work why not get a lift? & okay so if you drove a friend to another friends house why would you think that was odd. after he's killed them maybe thing did not add up but at the time? all he said was why did I drive him there.

No, I absolutely don't think he did that.

Personally (and I have nothing whasoever to back this up to but a gut feeling) I think the people seen in the Toyota were the real killers.

I think the acussed was at the house earlier and possbly had sex with CR.

I think the accused did not tell the police that in his original statement because he was sacred or embarassed.

I think his DNA was found at the house becase he was there earleir.

I think that is the reason for the continuing suppression order.

I think his alibi will be proven and the police will soon be back to square one.

i would say he didnt plan to kill anyone when he went there, he was believed to be becoming obsessed with CR now she had a bf, so id assume he went there to tell her exactly how he felt and couldnt take the rejection..

maybe if your going to kill 3 people cause you've planned to and your car does not work why not get a lift? & okay so if you drove a friend to another friends house why would you think that was odd. after he's killed them maybe thing did not add up but at the time? all he said was why did I drive him there.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone being able to place you there? Kappy is a very small town and wouldn't have taken him long to walk there from his house.
"why did I drive him there"
Are you talking about what chaser was talking about?

If someone asked me to drive them to someones house at 9pm I would think ok. If someone asked me to drive them to a house at midnight, and I knew the person was unwell, I would think it was pretty weird. But I am not a kapunda teenager so don't know how things work.

Why not get a lift if your car has broken down?
Well.... then the person who gave you the lift would know you killed them.

Also, if someone gave him a lift to the Rowe's house on the night of the murder, don't you reckon they would have come forward immediately?

But they didn't.

The police asked about the Toyota early on. Everyone in Kapunda heard that. If your mate had a white Toyota 4wd wouldn't you say to him/her "Hey, did you go near the Rowe's that night?"

Personally (and I have nothing whasoever to back this up to but a gut feeling) I think the people seen in the Toyota were the real killers.

I think the accused did not tell the police that in his original statement because he was sacred or embarassed.

I think his alibi will be proven and the police will soon be back to square one.

interesting but possible nonetheless. would the police have made an arrest and court date deciding this mans future if there was any certainty that he didnt do it. surely SAPOL would have checked mobile phones in regards to what time he was going to be at the rowe house.
there is alot of evidence that can be dismissed as coincidental. but one thing which i find weird is at the shrine, when everyone else is in skirts, tanktops and shorts, is he wearing a jumper with the sleeves down...hide the cuts?

i would say he didnt plan to kill anyone when he went there, he was believed to be becoming obsessed with CR now she had a bf, so id assume he went there to tell her exactly how he felt and couldnt take the rejection..

I just can't see that being reason enough for a seemingly nice guy (so say people that know him) skinny 18 year old teenager to stab 3 people to death.

I'm not sure what would be reason enough for anybody to do such a thing.

I just can't get my head around it.

But why would he be scared if he hadn't done anything wrong? Why wouldn't he have been helping all he can if he loved her so much?

What do people think his alibi could be? He could say he was at home, but how would he prove that? If someone said they drove him there, why would they lie and implicate themselves? Why was their DNA and fingerprints not found at the house or anyone seen or commented on cuts on their hands?

Who framed him

interesting but possible nonetheless. would the police have made an arrest and court date deciding this mans future if there was any certainty that he didnt do it. surely SAPOL would have checked mobile phones in regards to what time he was going to be at the rowe house.
there is alot of evidence that can be dismissed as coincidental. but one thing which i find weird is at the shrine, when everyone else is in skirts, tanktops and shorts, is he wearing a jumper with the sleeves down...hide the cuts?

"Nobody" has said this several times...
If the police were looking for a killer with cuts on his arms and one person was wearing long sleeves on a hot day, surely the police would have asked to see his arms.

The thing about this case is that the accused was a very close friend of CRs and very close to her parents too.

When the police began their investigation, the very first people they would have interviewed would have been those closest to the family.

Alarm bells would have gone off immediately if he had refused to give a DNA swab of refused to show his arms.

Just cos he has long sleeves on in the video of his visit to the shrine means nothing. It is spring here and the temperature is up and down. Maybe it was cold when he went there.

I simply cannot believe that the police either overlooked the accused when asking CRs friends to give DNA or overlooked long sleeves (if he kept his arms covered for a week and we don't know that he did) or didn't bother him if he refused to give a DNA sample.

I just can't see that being reason enough for a seemingly nice guy (so say people that know him) skinny 18 year old teenager to stab 3 people to death.

I'm not sure what would be reason enough for anybody to do such a thing.

I just can't get my head around it.

then it leads to a question? what would make someone else do it?
also police said they have one set of footprints leaving the scene, one trail of blood, one DNA sample, one everything. if there was multiple offenders which would make more sense trust me, why has no evidence of such been surfaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper