GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the accused being let in, my friend's 17 year old has mates dropping in at 11 or 12 at night. They work in fast food and don't finish until late, then catch up with one another. It's not that unusual for some teens. Also, according to the brother's social page, his home town is listed, and is in the Adelaide hills.

<modsnip> RUMOR: It's a fact as I have said many times.

i think some-one dropped him off unwittingly, not knowing what he would do. They saw him being let in and drove off. Something went terribly wrong once he got inside.

I also think if they were such good friends it is quite conceivable that he would visit at that time.Perhaps he wanted to check on her as she stated she was ill.

I have been thinking about the supression order. We know that the prosecuter asked for the order on the following grounds.....

Rebecca Lawley, prosecuting, asked that the man's identity be suppressed.

"The basis for that application is that police are conducting inquiries in relation to an alibi which has been proffered," she said.

"It's also put that identification procedures may result."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/its...er/story-e6frfkvr-1225955277188#ixzz17qztQqpa

The first statement is self explanatory, the accused has offered an alibi which the police will investigate. I feel the could be a number of reasons for the second statement which basically means that due to the alibi the may be a need to undertake indentification procedures. Here are some indentification procedure links. The first is a qld article but gives an insight into what is needed to identify a suspect.

http://pottslawyers.com.au/web/page/QLD_IDENTIFICATION

The second is related to indentification procedures where there is more than one suspect.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...=0&synonyms=0&query=IDENTIFICATION PROCEDURES

The last is an American article but still a rather long but interesting read.

http://www.drtomoconnor.com/3220/3220lect02a.htm

So anyway the prosecuters statement in court makes me think of a few scenarios. First that he is claiming he was somewhere else and that during that time someone unknown to him, has seen him. Since his image has not been released in SA those who are not into crime like us would have no idea who he is. This would mean the potential witnesses memory would not be corrupted by seeing his photo. Second that there may be a witness to something after the crime (ie bloody person on the street) that may need to be involved in comparing the accused and another suspect. Third maybe there is evidence of another individual at the crime scene and they may need to determine whether all were involved or some are innocent.

An alibi would not be used to give an alternative reason for evidence against you. Also because he has offered an alibi does not mean that he has not confessed, may cases have had a confession which was later retracted.

I am not saying he is innocent, just the possible reasons for the prosecutors statement. I know that the human memory is not as reliable as many think and it is easy as a witness to a crime for details or people to be blended into your memory because of media coverage. I can therefore understand the suppression of his identity for reliable information. However it also makes me thinks there may be other possibilities the police and prosecution have not yet closed their minds to.

I think that if the accused's alibi had been proven false the suppression order would have been lifted. There were no other reasons that we know of given for the order. I would assume they are still investigating the alibi.

Just my opinion.

Great post sniffer,

Makes sense if they have a witness who saw him, they don't want them to see the photos of him before they testify. It would have to be someone who didn't know him very well tho.

If it was for others involved, wouldn't there be a more general suppression disallowing the photos of the friends and family? No media has posted photos of his brother, and bf, but could they under this suppression order?

Lastly, south Australian suppression orders in the past have been proven to be over the top, so the suppression order could mean nothing.

I agree that he could have made a confession and retracted it. Also agree with an earlier poster that he would probably only cover for his brother. In social networking pages, his alleged bf rarely interacts with him and is not seen in any photos together.

Just some thoughts, NO FACTS HERE.

Ok so lets look at this, if the accused has cuts which may be defensive wounds
Let's say he and another person commited the crime. For what reason would he have defensive wounds other than receiving them from the victims?

What if the accused and other killers, murdered the parents in order to take CR away. Maybe they wouldn't let her do something or see someone and she said something to one of them that they took far too literally. I remember being a teenager and sometime your parents piss you off so much you say things you don't mean, to them and friend. So what if they killed the parents then went to CR to take her away and she freaked out (as you would). She doesn't want any part of it, the other killer/killers want to get rid of her so she cant go to the police, but the accused doesn't want that, he tries to protect her and get the wounds he received. He wont go to the police as it would be implicating him in two murders.

Interesting thoughts, but I get the vibe that The victim c was allowed to do whatever she liked and not much parental supervision at all.

Cbayford earlier suggested his wounds were mostly on his right hand, which is the attacking hand, not the defending hand. If he was defending he would be defending with left hand while trying to grab the knife with his right hand

No not necessarily as in a conversation a month before the murders he mentioned only being here (Kapunda) because he lost his job from smoking dope and was threatening to go around to a local in Kapunda that the accused was having an argument with and put him in hospital. The local told the brother that he was living in a town that he the local had been living in for 20 years. This give's me the impression that at least one month prior to the murders he was living in Kapunda.

So we could hazard a guess that the brother was in kapunda at the time.... Interesting

Ok if the wounds were on the accuseds attacking hand that makes sense to me as the one that would be wounded because that would be out in front of him and the Rowes would have been striking his attacking hand with the knife to try and get it away from them. Why strike his non attacking hand when he had no weapon in it? You would want to be trying to get the hand that he had the knife in away. The Rowes could have tryied to fight back with a smashed vase, bottle or a steel ruler or something.

Interesting thoughts, but I get the vibe that The victim c was allowed to do whatever she liked and not much parental supervision at all.

I just wanted to make the comment that I know a teacher from her last school, and she commented to me that the victim was a "really good kid."

I also want to add (food for thought) that the victim had changed school a number of times in a very short period, and the last school she attended was over an hours bus trip away so perhaps she had for whatever reason got on the wrong side of some kids at the other 2 (much closer to home) schools.

I just wanted to make the comment that I know a teacher from her last school, and she commented to me that the victim was a "really good kid."

I also want to add (food for thought) that the victim had changed school a number of times in a very short period, and the last school she attended was over an hours bus trip away so perhaps she had for whatever reason got on the wrong side of some kids at the other 2 (much closer to home) schools.

Hi EveD, thank you so much for this comment.It does give food for thought and I actually think you know more.Are you able to elaborate?

One of the media reports say she left school because she didn't get along with the teachers. I was putting that together with the 3 schools in 3 years that she may have been a bit of a loose cannon, with teachers and students.
Would love to hear more though because the media can take one comment which may have only been a small part and make it the main reason.

I heard *rumour* that she fell out with groups of girls at the schools, do you know if this is correct? Also remember a few posts on the RIP Chantelle site from a girl who showed remorse that they had fallen out, and wished they had made up again before this happened...do you think this is correct?

Hi EveD, thank you so much for this comment.It does give food for thought and I actually think you know more.Are you able to elaborate?

I dont know anymore, it was just a passing comment. It was mentioned that the schools out there were very 'cliquey' because they were so small, but it wasn't a specific comment about C, just an observation made by a teacher who works in the area. That person did speak well of C as a student/young person (not in detail) and thought she had some potential...and that she was 'a good kid'.

I do vaguely recall a report somewhere that C had an altercation with some youths at Nurioopta in the week prior to the event whilst she was working, and that this was an ongoing situation rather than a one off incident.

I heard *rumour* that she fell out with groups of girls at the schools, do you know if this is correct? Also remember a few posts on the RIP Chantelle site from a girl who showed remorse that they had fallen out, and wished they had made up again before this happened...do you think this is correct?

If anyone remembers <modsnip>, that person was C's best friend at one stage but they had a big falling out.<modsnip>

I dont know anymore, it was just a passing comment. It was mentioned that the schools out there were very 'cliquey' because they were so small, but it wasn't a specific comment about C, just an observation made by a teacher who works in the area. That person did speak well of C as a student/young person (not in detail) and thought she had some potential...and that she was 'a good kid'.

I do vaguely recall a report somewhere that C had an altercation with some youths at Nurioopta in the week prior to the event whilst she was working, and that this was an ongoing situation rather than a one off incident.
I remember year 8 - 10 being the *****iest year of school, girls can be awful to each other, by year 12 most ppl calmed down and got along.

It has been said here that the accused confessed to the murders. Now tell me, how can anyone on this forum know that for sure? If he did confess, the only people who would know that are the accused and the police.

It has been said here that the accused confessed to the murders. Now tell me, how can anyone on this forum know that for sure? if he did confess the only people who would know that are the accused and the police.

I would also think it wouldn't need to go to trial if he confessed. Straight to to sentencing, for goodness sake no need to put Christopher through the heartache of a trial if the accused confessed.

Don't buy for a nano second.....

I'm thinking about the car now. Some-one saw him being dropped off with a bag. Who could it have been - a neighbor?

And now we know his brother was in kapunda at the time I wonder what kind of car he has? and how involved in this he was.

Or he could have told a friend that he was just staying there the night. Can you imagine how you would feel if you were that friend, with no idea what was about to happen. >.< You'd be having nightmares for the rest of your life.... :( ... Actually didn't the police say this? That someone "unwittingly" dropped him there?

Yeah i heard that too singers, that he was dropped off their with a bag.Must be someone he knew and a Kapunda local probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8