GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No not private.
I have not heard any news today, but forgotten what time it is at. Will be checking Adelaide now later on

:-( nothing anywhere as yet. Thoughts are with Chris and all the family and friends today.

JD given another adjournment!!!!! another 6 weeks!!!!!!! Applied for my defence on grounds they are still awaiting more documents etc. Not opposed by prosecution. Next appearance Oct 26 at Elizabeth again. JD appeared via video link and very casual with answers of 'yeah' and 'yeah, ok'. JIMO.. room appeared stunned at yet another delay. Family and supporters all emotional yet very dignified... Christopher was there and broke down, supported immediately by partner and gathering family/supporters. Am only stating observation....am shaky and feel like weeping otherwise.

the wheels of Justice are turning once again very slowly. Delay, Delay is the defense tactic in hopes the PT will give up and offer a sweet plea deal. MOO

My heart feels for the family and friends of victims during these times because the nightmare just keeps going. But I am trying to understand the justice system, as crazy as it may seem at times.
Wondering Why thank you for your update

This is so depressing and I mean literally. God only knows how the family and friends are coping!

Just noticed on realestate.com that the houses either side of the Rowe's are on the market

JD appeared again via video link today at Elizabeth Court. Adjourned again to November 9th not before 11:30a.m. again at Elizabeth. Magistrate hesitated on adjournment momentarily but was then granted. Magistrate did voice that there has been many delays and that next appearance would be wanting to see a move forward. So, exactly 1 year and 1 day, from the day these people violently lost their lives, their brother and son was robbed of his family and all their friends and relatives are left heart-broken, this individual will finally have to answer to his actions. Enough is enough.

These continual delays are almost unfathomable. What possible reasons could there be after all this time?
On the positive side at least this time it is only for a couple of weeks.

If this is justice Australian style it isn't really a good look.

These continual delays are almost unfathomable. What possible reasons could there be after all this time?
On the positive side at least this time it is only for a couple of weeks.

If this is justice Australian style it isn't really a good look.

It happens all the time here in the U.S.

The Defense is trying to build and gather as many strategies and options that they can to get this dude off or strike some sort of deal.

Interesting that he has had quite a few different lawyers as well. He now has another new one. He appears to now be using the Legal Aid Service. Apparently this latest adjournment was due to more "new evidence"....hmmm:waitasec:

OK so this week we may have some progress. This is a joke almost. This really need to move forward soon. I missed the last court date on the 26th. Cant believe its been a year gone by.

Plead guilty today to 3 counts of murder. Sentencing in December!!
See article in Adelaide Now.

JASON ALEXANDER DOWNIE - pleaded GUILTY to the charges of murdering Chantelle Rowe, Rose Rowe, Andy Rowe on the night of November 8 2010. The charges of rape were dismissed - prosecution tendered no evidence. Courtroom packed, dignified weeping and sobbing as his voice spoke the words. Sentencing submissions to be heard in the Supreme Court December 12. Beyond articulation how deeply sad this entire circumstance is. Lives lost, heart-break beyond repair, an entire family and community mourns, and, it is has to be said even though the Rowe family's closure is paramount in this event........a mother has just had it publicly confirmed that her young son is a murderer.... Dear God. Stunned, shocked, relieved, numb, desperately sad.....what a tragedy on every single level. Well done to all those who worked so hard, saw so much and dealt with with care, dignity and fortitude to get to this point for every single person affected by this event.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back