GUILTY Australia - Carly McBride, 31, murdered, Muswellbrook, NSW, 30 Sept 2014 *Trial in 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'You would not be human if you weren't moved', judge tells Carly McBride jury

'You would not be human'
Carly McBride's mother, Lorraine Williams, gave what Justice Mark Ierace described as "emotional" evidence before the court.

"Clearly the witness was understandably distressed and one can empathise with her pain," he said.

"You would not be human if you were not moved by that evidence."

But Justice Ierace went on to stress that the jurors must assess the facts objectively.

"As judges one of your responsibilities is to consider evidence without pain and without emotion," he said.

"It does not mean you don't feel emotion and doesn't suggest you are in any way less than human.

"You need to consider it without passion — you need to consider it dispassionately and analytically.

Poor Lorraine having go thru all this again :(

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

In an interview conducted on October 31, one month after Ms McBride’s disappearance, Newson told police he last saw his girlfriend when he dropped her off to see the child.

He said when he returned to pick her up later, the child’s father told him Ms McBride had already left for McDonald’s.

“I instantly knew something was wrong,” Newson said on the recording.

“I was anxious (about) what was going on with my girl, you know?

“I *advertiser censored*king knew straight away ... that something was up.

“I just had that gut feeling, you know what I mean?”

Newson told detectives he spent hours searching Muswellbrook for his missing girlfriend, showing people a photo he’d taken of her that day on their drive north.

“I shot straight down to Maccas,” he said.

“I did the *advertiser censored*king rounds man, every pub, club.”

62b680fab831965307c5945e06b57e45

Carly McBride's remains were found near Scone in the Hunter Valley. Picture: Facebook
Newson broke down in tears, sobbing into his hands as he told police he returned to the home to further question Ms McBride’s former partner.

“I went back to (his) house and he gave me another *advertiser censored*king excuse,” he said.

“He’s just sitting there emotionless, right?

“Then her daughter says, ‘where’s mummy, is mummy hurt?’

“Why would she say that? That’s what she *advertiser censored*king says to me.

“He was emotionless, *advertiser censored*king like a dead fish mate.”

EVIDENCE CONCLUDES IN TRIAL OF CARLY MCBRIDE'S ALLEGED KILLER | NBN News

EVIDENCE CONCLUDES IN TRIAL OF CARLY MCBRIDE’S ALLEGED KILLER

Hard to find much detail ... there is an added bit here. That Carly had suffered a number of blows to her head and back.

Carly McBride murder trial: injuries caused massive bleeding

In your linked video, the defence witness said that Carly's injuries could have been caused by something like being a pedestrian and getting hit by a car. :rolleyes:

Hard to find much detail ... there is an added bit here. That Carly had suffered a number of blows to her head and back.

Carly McBride murder trial: injuries caused massive bleeding

In your linked video, the defence witness said that Carly's injuries could have been caused by something like being a pedestrian and getting hit by a car. :rolleyes:

Carly had 17 fractures :mad:

Yeah right & she somehow got herself out to Owen's Gap :rolleyes:

Media reporting on this case has been dismal to say the least :mad:

Closing arguments tomorrow.

Justice for Carly, this has dragged on for way to long :(

PROSECUTION SUMS UP IN SAYLE NEWSON MURDER TRIAL | NBN News

PROSECUTION SUMS UP IN SAYLE NEWSON MURDER TRIAL

Closing statements have begun in the murder trial of Sayle Newson, with prosecutors claiming the 43-year-old had the motive, means and opportunity to kill his girlfriend in the Upper Hunter.

Video in link

Nearly 40 fractures in Carly's skull and spine! Inflicted by three or more blows! Brutal.
She didn't have a chance. :(

Nearly 40 fractures in Carly's skull and spine! Inflicted by three or more blows! Brutal.
She didn't have a chance. :(

Nope she didn't :mad:

I was in court at the last aborted trial when the forensic anthropologist gave her evidence. Was hard to listen too & see.

Many of the fractures were of tiny tiny bones in the skull etc. I recall she has 17 major fractures. All perimortem ( at or about time of death )

Was fascinating to listen to as I love forensics.

She had a whole skeleton with her to explain to the jury.

Carly was literally bashed to death.

Her hand bones were never found..........

He had only been seeing her for weeks? Did I get that right?

Yep, but she was the only person he "loved" in 14 yrs :rolleyes: ( despite the fact he was out looking for sex from multiple women ( & got it , we saw the text messages) within a day of her going missing

NoCookies | The Australian

Just hours after his girlfriend went missing, accused killer Sayle Kenneth Newson sent a woman salacious messages asking for sex, a court has been told.

“At that point the accused sent (the woman) a message, in colloquial terms, asking for sexual intercourse,” crown prosecutor Lee Carr SC told the jury.

“Thereafter they met on the 2nd of October and they had sexual intercourse on two occasions.”

The crown prosecution has pointed to the message as an example of the gulf between the “public versus private” behaviour of Mr Newson following Ms McBride’s disappearance.

Nope she didn't :mad:

I was in court at the last aborted trial when the forensic anthropologist gave her evidence. Was hard to listen too & see.

Many of the fractures were of tiny tiny bones in the skull etc. I recall she has 17 major fractures. All perimortem ( at or about time of death )

Was fascinating to listen to as I love forensics.

She had a whole skeleton with her to explain to the jury.

Carly was literally bashed to death.

Her hand bones were never found..........
Obviously you are a local. What happened to the lovely old court house in Church street? What is it used for now. I served on a jury there not too long ago and we would be locked in the jury room by the CPS with an enormous old key about seven inches long.

Obviously you are a local. What happened to the lovely old court house in Church street? What is it used for now. I served on a jury there not too long ago and we would be locked in the jury room by the CPS with an enormous old key about seven inches long.
I don't know , sorry

Yep, but she was the only person he "loved" in 14 yrs :rolleyes: ( despite the fact he was out looking for sex from multiple women ( & got it , we saw the text messages) within a day of her going missing

NoCookies | The Australian

Just hours after his girlfriend went missing, accused killer Sayle Kenneth Newson sent a woman salacious messages asking for sex, a court has been told.

“At that point the accused sent (the woman) a message, in colloquial terms, asking for sexual intercourse,” crown prosecutor Lee Carr SC told the jury.

“Thereafter they met on the 2nd of October and they had sexual intercourse on two occasions.”

The crown prosecution has pointed to the message as an example of the gulf between the “public versus private” behaviour of Mr Newson following Ms McBride’s disappearance.
How awful.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Sayle Newson on trial for the murder of Carly McBride in Hunter Valley in 2014
The Crown indicated motive was “powerful” and jealousy was an important piece of evidence that Sayle Newson was allegedly responsible for Carly McBride’s death.

He directed the jury to one answer to a question, referring to it as “illuminating”, that he was jealous and not trusting when Ms McBride went to see her daughter and ex-partner on occasions, including the day she disappeared.

“She was there for hours and I let it go but I was *advertiser censored*king chewing my lip thinking why hasn’t she rang me.” Newson told police in his interview.

Mr Carr also noted the accused had placed his relationship with the deceased at front and centre of the trial.

--------------

Mr Carr said during Newson’s interviews with police, while he perceived the short relationship as “loving and supportive”, and that Ms McBride had been the first woman he loved in 14 years, there was evidence of jealousy, by his own admissions.

-------------

“The accused portraits the relationship in a glowing light for the purpose to project an image, that he would not do anything to hurt her,” he said.

“Is that accurate or a facade?

“Evidence from text messages show the reality of the relationship to be different. The picture it is building, there is tension in the relationship.”
--------------

“The Crown has led evidence of the ability of the accused as a fighter, participated in Muay-Thai and cage fighting, the accused refers to having 20 fights and 20 wins and trains with the best in country,” he said.
------------

The Crown also said there was evidence that the accused - who was with a friend that afternoon - was reported to be missing during the timeframe of Ms McBride’s disappearance. “He (witness) doesn’t see the accused at those premises, says he wasn’t there, he doesn’t see the distinctive SS Commodore,” Mr Carr added.

-------

“The private persona is not that of a grieving man, it’s the behaviour of a person who knows McBride will not be found and won’t be coming back,” Mr Carr said.

“Less than 12 hours discovering McBride is missing, he’s contacting other women and making arrangements to get together for sexual activity.
-----------

There was also question about photographs taken of the 31-year-old as she sat next to Newson in the passenger seat on their way to Muswellbrook on September 30.

The Crown claimed those three photographs – taken between midday and 12.02pm and later used in missing persons posters - had been edited by Newson some half an hour before he told police he had become worried about his girlfriend.

Much more at link

Carly McBride murder trial: prosecution say Sayle Newson had motive, opportunity and skill to inflict fatal blows | Newcastle Herald | Newcastle, NSW

Paraphrased
  • Case entirely circumstantial one
  • No smoking gun , no CCTV footage showing Ms McBride being grabbed off the street, no murder weapon and no blood or DNA.
  • Prosecution does not know how the fatal injuries were inflicted, murderer may have used kicks, knes & punches, a piece of wood or some other object
  • What the prosecution does have is pieces of the puzzle & when placed together began to reveal a picture, eventually becoming an overwhelming circumstantial case eliminating any other explanations.
Mr Carr said in closing -
  • Mr Newson had motive, the opportunity & the skills to inflict the blows that caused multiple fractures to Ms McBrides head & back
  • Mr Newson sought to present a "facade" that he was in a loving relationship with Ms McBride - shown by text messages, such as Mr Mr Newson telling Ms McBride "don't f--- me around", "I am violent when in this mood" and "open your legs and shut your neck".
  • Evidence in days before Ms McBride went missing that Mr Newson was acting "jealous, possessive and angry" over men contacting Ms McBride on Facebook.
  • Situation was aggravated by Mr Newson's admitted ice use and lack of sleep around the time Ms McBride went missing
  • Mr Newson made public posts offering a $20,000 reward for information about Ms McBride but within 12 hours of her disappearance was messaging other women for sex

Defence barrister Chris Watson will deliver his closing address on Thursday before Justice Mark Ierace, SC, sums up the case and the jury retire to begin considering their verdict.

BBM :mad: Such a charmer.........

Muswellbrook is not a town full of dropkicks unless he is speaking of himself and his friends who were imported from the housing commission suburbs of western Sydney to the vacant houses in MBrook.
I have to say this again. Muswellbrook was a quiet country town with a mix of farmers and rural labourers and miners. As the town became more affluent, housing commission house were not required and deadbeats from Sydney and some from Newcastle, who had never worked a day in their lives were given those houses. Lots of country towns suddenly had huge crime and drug problems from this policy. How dare that import say that the town was full of drop kicks like him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58
Back