Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 16, 2014 - 12:01AM

Police have seized the clothes three-year-old Chloe Campbell was wearing when she was found 42 hours after being snatched from her family’s Childers home.

It is understood clothing has also been seized from Mr Campbell and Chloe’s mother Tammy O’Donnell

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nts-clothes-20140415-36pzo.html#ixzz2yxs8qzBm

The word ' seized' in this context does not necessarily mean 'taken by force' correct? The parents may have offered it to LE ? Because saying seized seems as if they did not want to give it up but I'm thinking that is just how the word is used in US vs. AUS. Thoughts?

The word ' seized' in this context does not necessarily mean 'taken by force' correct? The parents may have offered it to LE ? Because saying seized seems as if they did not want to give it up but I'm thinking that is just how the word is used in US vs. AUS. Thoughts?

Agree with you, its a strange choice of words. Usually items are seized if they are illegal, eg drugs were seized, or like you say if they are taken against the will of the owner.

I'm puzzled as to why the parents' clothes have been taken, especially the mother's. Surely all her movements during the time Chloe was missing are accountable? Seems like both parents' movements were well publicised at the time iirc, neither sneaked off anywhere. All i can think of is that they are trying to place either of them at the location where Chloe was held, at some point prior to the abduction?

Given up unwillingly would be my thought. Probably with a court order.

Seized in this context generally no, I don't think it really means that they did not want to give it up- though they may not have wanted to. In a police investigation, usually means it has some significance to the case, or at least police may suspect it has and want to test it further for what ever reason. It has most likely been taken for possible evidence/testing. So while it doesn't mean the parents objected to it being taken- police could have forcibly removed it- in other words the parents did not or may not have had a choice...

Edited to add- I don't think the parents would have had a choice, (whether or not they were objecting- you would hope not if they are wanting LE to solve the case- unless of course it would implicate themselves in something!). Seized is used to say the items have been taken into police possession- which sounds fairly significant to me.

Seized in this context generally no, I don't think it really means that they did not want to give it up- though they may not have wanted to. In a police investigation, usually means it has some significance to the case, or at least police may suspect it has and want to test it further for what ever reason. It has most likely been taken for possible evidence/testing. So while it doesn't mean the parents objected to it being taken- police could have forcibly removed it- in other words the parents did not or may not have had a choice...

Edited to add- I don't think the parents would have had a choice, (whether or not they were objecting- you would hope not if they are wanting LE to solve the case- unless of course it would implicate themselves in something!). Seized is used to say the items have been taken into police possession- which sounds fairly significant to me.

Your explanation is spot on UnfoldingTruth. Great to see you here BTW, koppers logs and all. :floorlaugh:

Arrest has been made :D and if I had read back I would have known it was already said hahahaha. Shutting up now lol

Your explanation is spot on UnfoldingTruth. Great to see you here BTW, koppers logs and all. :floorlaugh:

Ha,ha..thanks.. its been awhile, though I have checked back in from time to time, just not commenting much. But little Chloe's case brought me back.. I did think maybe my Koppers Logs need an overhaul when I logged back in and saw them, :floorlaugh:

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man-charged-alleged-abduction-chloe-campbell/2231485/

Man charged with the alleged abduction of Chloe Campbell

A 45-year-old Childers man has been charged with the alleged abduction of three-year-old Chloe Campbell.

It will be alleged the man took little Chloe from inside her Ridgway St home in the early hours of last Thursday, before returning her to the Childers Showgrounds 42 hours later.

From this link:

9-2284840-bun100414abd9_t460.jpg

"The man, who is a father himself, is facing one count each of burglary, child stealing and deprivation of liberty.

He will appear in the Bundaberg Magistrates Court tomorrow (Wednesday) morning."

So is a charge of "child stealing" equivalent to the charge of "kidnapping" in the US?

One would assume. But here, kidnapping is a felony - is child stealing a felony? And can I assume "deprivation of liberty" equal to abduction?

So is a charge of "child stealing" equivalent to the charge of "kidnapping" in the US?

One would assume. But here, kidnapping is a felony - is child stealing a felony? And can I assume "deprivation of liberty" equal to abduction?

Yes, child stealing is a felony and deprivation of liberty means just that, depriving someone of their freedom, held against their will.

Ooooooooooh Yeah - and hopefully more people to be charged, I really don't think this was a one person job.

Yes... Especially since there were two men (?) walking with Chloe on the video...

:waitasec:

The term "seize" just means "confiscated" when in reference to legal or police matters. So it doesn't mean taken by force in that sense, just that authority/power is used in taking.

Omg. Leave this thread for a few hours amd there is an arrest
Hopefully some questions will be answered. Good night!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is looking more and more like the Shannon Matthews case to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member