Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly O/T but for anyone interested in the Jayden Leskie case, this is a really good overview:
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...rian-town-of-moe/story-fni0ffnk-1226880278443

I think the cases are similar only in that the key players come from a town that provides a different lifestyle than most of us are used to. Childers seems low socio-economic - like Moe, with the median house price being in the $200,000s. Not sure where I'm going with this but reading about the culture of Moe kind of reminded me of Childers. Can anyone confirm whether they are similar towns?

Maybe so but IMO when, Melissa Small said she suspected the person or people involved in the threat had taken Chloe and were close friends of the family trying to “scare” Mr Campbell.

“They’ve done this to scare Garth. Garth has been very scared and this is why he is a mess,” said Ms Small.

I guess it would be a weight off his shoulders for me it has nothing to do with the way they speak :moo:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-against-father/story-fnihsrf2-1226881974862

I'm still surprised that any weight is being given to the opinions of that friend too - RL is apparently the love of her life. Both Tammy and Garth seemed very willing to speak to the press themselves and to me there is something off or just plain annoying about insiders or friends who seem keen to share info or their two bobs worth with the media. If she knows who it was (which seems to be what she is implying) she should just say so. If she"s worried about repercussions she shouldn't be sharing her thoughts in the press - tell the police and let them get on with making an arrest.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
Stephen Hawking

I agree Mrs G Norris! Especially when it has been made known that GC reported the "threat" that was made two months ago! To make an official report back then, he would have had to have given names?

Hopefully he doesn't have a huge choice of things to be threatened over :facepalm:

OT as well - that's funny FindingTheMissing :seeya:, only yesterday as I was typing here I was thinking how easy it was to just say what I wanted without having to try and avoid sounding too Australian as well as watching my spelling too (we tend to spell some words a little differently) :giggle:

Haha .. I don't think many people realise how much we usually adjust our language to fit with the many nationalities that are on WS. Only yesterday I had to stop myself from writing servo and put petrol station instead .. because it is not just Aussies on the thread.

I don't change my spelling any more though, I figure that is an easy one to work out.

And hey, a good old Aussie-ism is always good for a stir sometimes :wink:

Honestly, don't worry much about what you're saying or how you're saying it. Just be your Aussie selves because really a lot of the lingo is easy to figure out just by the way it's used in a sentence. And what's not easy to figure out can usually be found by googling it. I'm sure a lot of things we say in the USA cause you Aussies to scratch your heads too ;)

It's just that one phrase I couldn't find and it had me going. After several of you said what it was I realized it was pretty obvious really. But, I'm so glad you all got a nice laugh :D Sometimes on these threads you need a little humor!

Slightly O/T but for anyone interested in the Jayden Leskie case, this is a really good overview:
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...rian-town-of-moe/story-fni0ffnk-1226880278443

I think the cases are similar only in that the key players come from a town that provides a different lifestyle than most of us are used to. Childers seems low socio-economic - like Moe, with the median house price being in the $200,000s. Not sure where I'm going with this but reading about the culture of Moe kind of reminded me of Childers. Can anyone confirm whether they are similar towns?

Reading this article ^^^ jogs my memory of all that went on during the fiasco surrounding Jaidyn’s murder.

And it makes me wonder how many resources police are going to throw at finding out who took Chloe. Or if they will just let street justice prevail. They must have a very good indication of what has happened here.

Chloe is home, she’s as safe as her parents allow her to be … and I hope that means very safe. They are so very lucky in this instance. Please do not let there be any other instances. :please:

Let's stay on track please. Also, no sleuthing of friends' social media.

Thanks CatFancier.

I think we're just waiting keenly for the 6pm news.

I've had a bit of a mental health day today, so I've kept well out of it. But it made for compelling reading.

:floorlaugh:

Thanks CatFancier.

I think we're just waiting keenly for the 6pm news.

I've had a bit of a mental health day today, so I've kept well out of it. But it made for compelling reading.

:floorlaugh:

It sure did! :floorlaugh:

Think everyone is in a celebratory mood. Chloe was found .. and she's okay!! :great:

Watching 10 news (missed a bit) but haven't seen anything about Chloe :(

I had not come onto WS much lately- little Eeva's case did my head a bit- but Chloe kept popping up in my facebook news feed while she was missing. I had to head over here, see what was happening. I am so glad she is ok. I hope this will be a positive turning point in her mum and dads life as well (not saying they have done anything wrong, they just seem to be doing it tough). I saw in one article, cant remember which one, that Tammy said she will never whinge about anything in her life ever again. All the best to her, and her family. I really hope the only way is up, for all of them. I also hope whoever took Chloe is arrested, and soon.

7 News - said it is believed to be payback for her fathers drug debt - several thousand for speed.

as peer seven news, it was payback for a drug debt. he was threatened 9 weeks ago (bulletin just aired on TV)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 News - said it is believed to be payback for her fathers drug debt - several thousand for speed.

What kind of a freak kidnaps a child over a few thousand dollars? We need to get this monster away from society. If you have to kidnap someone for 48 hours, how about the person you are cross at? Or maybe just stop selling drugs, then you don't need to kidnap babies when you have outstanding debts!!! Thankfully, it sounds as though this baby girl was not physically or sexually abused. But she was kept from her mother for 48 hours, then set free in a show ground in the middle of the night. She must have been so scared! How dare some low life druggy do that to this little girl. You must be a hero when you take your fights out on 3 year olds.

Sorry, rant overs. I will get off my soap box now.

Well, there you go ....

Maybe he can do an exclusive for Today Tonight, make a few thousand, pay off his debts, then keep his nose clean.

I don't doubt that they know who is responsible - I think they will have to work out how many others are involved as there would have to be more than one person.

Hopefully they are put away for a long time.

I knew it - I get to say "I told you so"!! I knew the minute they were on tv that serious drugs were involved, then when Tammy looked sideways at the drug question it was confirmed.

I hope they paint the house, sell it, move and clean up their lives. No child should ever go through that because of their parents' stupid decisions.

I doubt that Garth will dob in the dealer.

So much for "we don't have any debts and can't think why someone would target us".

Btw when I said "I can only imagine what conversations are happening behind the scenes, one of those imagined conversations was with a drug dealer. It went "if you give her back to us unharmed I won't give the police your name".

I would believe that a drug dealer would put a few thousand dollars above the welfare of an innocent child. Absolutely. They're not in the business of dealing drugs because of their high moral and ethical stance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee