Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought myself that a graveyard would make the perfect place to hide a body @ onesmallstep (not that I sit around wondering where to hide bodies!!) and this was a scenario in a story I wrote years ago. I think it's an unlikely scenario personally, but it def is possible.

my opinion is that SS has just not been found, if she was his first murder I could understand in the aftermath he may have taken more care to conceal her or simply chose a location similar to the other girls but unfrequented by a human presence since. Aside from the smell, a body in long grass or under branches is unlikely to attract your attention unless you stumble upon it directly.

and I've no idea how long a body would smell for during the decomposition stage but for arguments sake we say a month, then after a month the chances are then even harder to identify a concealed body. (time frame is an example only)

First time poster and have been reading only since the arrest- the info on here is intriguing. Regarding the familial DNA, I'm getting frustrated (perhaps wrongly so). Someone posted a link ages ago (haven't been able to find the post) with a WA supreme court Appeal document it highlights a serious crime committed by a family member in 2001. There must have been DNA taken in 2001 (or when the crime happened?) due to the nature of this crime. Surely when the kimono dna was tested recently a partial match in system was identified to this person with prior conviction, being a relative, and hence the search was narrowed down. Then looking at age, job, situations etc to decipher BE. I have the document downloaded but don't want to post as names are on it?! Is that allowed?

I have been doing a tiny bit of sleuthing around be's old school Nick name and came across this. [Urban dictionary definition of boggin]

Well to me it fits perfect of the csk cause what they have done is totally boggin.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The fact that he used the name subsequently (eg on webposts) suggests it did not have overly negative connotations. It was not a term of abuse.
More likely, as previously suggested, the nickname came about because of the way he dressed (as a bogan?) or something he did which other teenagers considered funny – hanging around the (girls?) toilets?:fishy:

First time poster and have been reading only since the arrest- the info on here is intriguing. Regarding the familial DNA, I'm getting frustrated (perhaps wrongly so). Someone posted a link ages ago (haven't been able to find the post) with a WA supreme court Appeal document it highlights a serious crime committed by a family member in 2001. There must have been DNA taken in 2001 (or when the crime happened?) due to the nature of this crime. Surely when the kimono dna was tested recently a partial match in system was identified to this person with prior conviction, being a relative, and hence the search was narrowed down. Then looking at age, job, situations etc to decipher BE. I have the document downloaded but don't want to post as names are on it?! Is that allowed?

If there was DNA in the system that partially matched the DNA on KK and CG surely hit would have occurred a lot sooner, can you please provide the document link.

If it a judgment of the Court of Appeal, it is public. Should't be a problem.

No names if not already published in the media. WS considers family as victims - either don't name them or if you must, use initials and be very respectful.

Do you think there be any more media releases before court apperance?

...I wonder if the police have considered the possibility of SS being laid in a freshly dug grave at KK?...

Dixon, as OneSmallStep and CSK have both put forward having had thoughts along a similar line, now seems a better time than ever to add that I too have always considered an open grave would be THE ideal spot to conceal a murder victim - I thought the idea was unique to my own way of thinking, when clearly it is not!
At no stage throughout these serial killings and disappearances, had I associated the macabre thought with SS, but you could well be onto something - it's a theory which should not be discounted.

[emoji887]

Step daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it gets very confusing with all the abbreviated initials let alone abbreviating a non name word. could we please all stick to only abbreviating ie initializing names of relatives and the like.

My mate who once worked with BRE in Telstra said that BRE was very pedantic about how he cuts cable ties off and insisted everyone he worked with did the same. They had to be cut off right at the joint so it didn't leave any fly end to scratch or cut. BRE was very insistent upon it

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Maybe because you know he's been arrested. Anyone can be deemed to have "creepy eyes" if theyve been arrested for serial killing IMO.

Maybe because you know he's been arrested. Anyone can be deemed to have "creepy eyes" if theyve been arrested for serial killing IMO.

My mate who once worked with BRE in Telstra said that BRE was very pedantic about how he cuts cable ties off and insisted everyone he worked with did the same. They had to be cut off right at the joint so it didn't leave any fly end to scratch or cut. BRE was very insistent upon it

Is it possible to get a description from your mate exactly what BRE's work involved. eg was the work intricate like designing and installing complex cabling. Was he mathematically bright and literate in his writing skills.

What he needed to develop as a teenager and onwards which he didn't have was respect for girls. What he did seem to develop was this second persona that partly hid the true personality

it could be he didn't smile much due to the issue with his front tooth as evident in a photo posted on WS recently.

According to the media reports, they arrested him then swabbed him for DNA, then got an analysis that same day. Therefore, they probably did not have DNA before that.

this DNA collecting is a normally legally required procedure when someone is arrested for particular types of crime in Western Australia.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Would be interesting to know how the tooth was damaged and when - it is possible he was in a fight with someone ? Speculating of course....

it could be he didn't smile much due to the issue with his front tooth as evident in a photo posted on WS recently.

I appreciate that in 1988 the Police could never have imagined the advances in DNA Technology. The second part of your comment is definitely cause for concern

You only need to check the CIA documentary for the evidence of handling with no gloves.

Is it possible to get a description from your mate exactly what BRE's work involved. eg was the work intricate like designing and installing complex cabling. Was he mathematically bright and literate in his writing skills.
He told me BRE was in a different team, and he only worked directly with him for about 2 weeks on a job in Waroona. He named eight other technicians from that team who'd be able to go into much more detail obviously. He said that DF worked with him the most. See my previous posts for more about what my mate has said. Next time I catch up I hope he finds the email of all the old techies over the years that was sent out as he was sure there's some of BRE in different years. He did look at the Claremont CCTV, but he couldn't pick anyone out let alone BRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member