Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could find the link so bad (or maybe it was just someone posting on here), but I read not too long ago that one of her friends said JR was basically keen to find a man that night.
I will keep trying to find where I read this but it definitely fits with her not getting in the taxi with them. I think she was waiting for someone she met at the previous bar/club to turn up there and from her interaction with MM...that was him...and I am quite sure he is CSK..

Which was pretty damn brazen of him..be seen in public like that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It was in the documentary they did years ago. I have an extremely good long term memory. Her blonde friend said she knew "Jane was trying to find someone that night." Some people take that as she was looking for sex. But I take it that she was lonely and wanting a boyfriend. She worked in a Childcare centre; she isn't going to meet many single dudes there. The way she was just standing on the footpath makes me think she met CSK earlier in the night and they arranged a meet up for later but he has told her to keep it a secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/in-the-mag/can-you-help-us-catch-a-serial-killer-27052

I also think this article in the printed version had an interview with a different friend who said similar. I read it at the hairdressers

This description of MM sounds spot on to BE.
I personally think Mm looks more of a slim build

Everyone puts weight on as they age. I'd like to see a pic of BRE around that time and I'll bet he was slim like MM.

Just a thought for the bodies in the Telstra pits line - these are core infrastructure and not abandoned places. Not exactly sure how the NBN is progressing over there in WA but as this is being laid on the co-axial cable system, a great deal of these places would have regular/irregular use and presumably over 20 years all of them would have been accessed! Only Telstra would know of course, but it seems unlikely a place to put someone as there would be a finite number of people with access narrowing suspects considerably.

Apologies in advance. This post is not related to the Claremont serial killer. But today a guy exposed himself and masturbated infront of me at Lake Monger. He then followed me until he realised I was on the phone to the police at which point he went in the opposite direction. The police missed him by about 1 minute. He got into a white hyundai excel (1994-2000) model with a new style plate possibly beginning with 1A. Does anyone know what year the new plates were introduced? I have been trying to find out. Wondering whether it is worth pursuing with the police further or not. If the number plate combo was common for this type of car then might prove to be a dead end. But if it is a car that has been re-registered might be easier for them to track.

my 2004 vehicle was 1bjxxxx. I'm pretty sure 1998-9 was when the new style plates came in. My 1996 vehilce was 9ITxxx from memory. I don't believe they got to 9z before bringing in the new ones.

Questions regarding a jury trial vs judge only trial.
Are media allowed in the courtroom in either instance?
Does the court transcripts become available to the public?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions regarding a jury trial vs judge only trial.
Are media allowed in the courtroom in either instance?
Does the court transcripts become available to the public?

TIA

The Gittany trial was judge only.

From memory the media were in the courtroom....we were following live tweeting on the thread here as it happened.

Apologies if this has already been covered in previous posts.

Some interesting albeit not entirely useful Facebook info:

I had a look at BE's Facebook account. His account had only been opened on 12th June 2016. A relatively young account.

Posters here have already discussed that when looking at CGE's Facebook 2013 cover photo of the two of them you can see her comment addressed to BE. We can fairly guess it's addressed to BE (as he's the only other one in the photo) ..... We can also assume by her comment, BE had asked why she'd tagged him.

I originally thought he'd just deleted his comment...

I've discovered when someone deletes or deactivates their Facebook account the number of "likes" on a photo they'd previously liked still remains the same, you can no longer see their name but their "like" is still counted. This also goes for any comments.

After checking SD's and also TE's Facebook photos I can see that someone unnamed (but counted) had liked many of their photos up until 7th June.

I am suggesting the unnamed liker is BE and that he deleted/ deactivated his original account after 7th June and then on June 12th opened a new account.

Why would someone delete their account and start a new one within a few days? It could be that he just deleted and then changed his mind.....If he is the actual CSK I would say he was hiding something. Old posts ? Old likes or comments? Search history?

He may have undoubtably been feeling the pressure as it was in October the previous year, 2015, police had discovered the link between the attack and In Karrakatta and CG.

I'd love to know how long he'd had his other account and what and who he had been searching in those years. New victims? CSK police reports? I hope prosecutors are able to summon deleted / deactivated Facebook accounts including the search history.

EDIT : just found out once you delete your Facebook account you still have 14 days to change your mind and reactivate. If I'm right with the dates he clearly didn't just change his mind about removing himself from fbook, he must have wanted to hide something in the old account.

Apologies if this has already been covered in previous posts.

Some interesting albeit not entirely useful Facebook info:

I had a look at BE's Facebook account. His account had only been opened on 12th June 2016. A relatively young account.

Posters here have already discussed that when looking at CGE's Facebook 2013 cover photo of the two of them you can see her comment addressed to BE. We can fairly guess it's addressed to BE (as he's the only other one in the photo) ..... We can also assume by her comment, BE had asked why she'd tagged him.

I originally thought he'd just deleted his comment...

I've discovered when someone deletes or deactivates their Facebook account the number of "likes" on a photo they'd previously liked still remains the same, you can no longer see their name but their "like" is still counted. This also goes for any comments.

After checking SD's and also TE's Facebook photos I can see that someone unnamed (but counted) had liked many of their photos up until 7th June.

I am suggesting the unnamed liker is BE and that he deleted/ deactivated his original account after 7th June and then on June 12th opened a new account.

Why would someone delete their account and start a new one within a few days? It could be that he just deleted and then changed his mind.....If he is the actual CSK I would say he was hiding something. Old posts ? Old likes or comments? Search history?

He may have undoubtably been feeling the pressure as it was in October the previous year, 2015, police had discovered the link between the attack and In Karrakatta and CG.

I'd love to know how long he'd had his other account and what and who he had been searching in those years. New victims? CSK police reports? I hope prosecutors are able to summon deleted / deactivated Facebook accounts including the search history.

Great post! I'd been thinking the same thing. (I only just noticed the recency of his current FB page yesterday....missed it before).

It made me think he knew that something was about to go down...or was worried it might.

The Gittany trial was judge only.

From memory the media were in the courtroom....I'm pretty sure we were following live tweeting on the thread here as it happened.
Lloyd Raney's was Judge only and was live tweeted by quite a few Journalists. BRE has chosen the same Barrister.
They put up the public prejudice argument if my memory serves correctly and didn't the DOJ then bring in an Eastern States Judge or something?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Great post! I'd been thinking the same thing. (I only just noticed the recency of his current FB page yesterday....missed it before).

It made me think he knew that something was about to go down...or was worried it might.

Hi :) I recently updated my Facebook App and noticed that everyone's start up date is now publicly listed. It's a new feature I think.

I agree, he would have been stressing.

my 2004 vehicle was 1bjxxxx. I'm pretty sure 1998-9 was when the new style plates came in. My 1996 vehilce was 9ITxxx from memory. I don't believe they got to 9z before bringing in the new ones.
9MY### was running concurrently with new 1AAB### as old stock already made was being used up. The choice of old or new style lasted a couple of years. 9MY### was on my new work van in 98

Everyone puts weight on as they age. I'd like to see a pic of BRE around that time and I'll bet he was slim like MM.

He looked slim to me in his high school pic. Still broadish in the shoulders but his face was quite slim looking.
MM looks a whole heap like BE in his high school pic to me

Great post toomanytoocountmu!

Considering what has been in the newspapers in the last few years about retesting dna and who was driving in Claremont when JR disappeared, I believe BE was definitely trying to cover all his tracks. He would definitely have been following Claremont updates and he would have been quite worried the last few years.
Probably explains why his marriage broke up recently also..he would have been quite more agitated and stressed than usual. He also definitely put on a lot of weight in recent years. He knew they were coming for him. Probably relieved when they finally knocked.

And the facebook thing with the sign up dates only happened 2 or 3 days ago. Noticed it on my account straight away

I think if BE was on the police radar for a few weeks there would have been numerous opportunities for the police tailing him to get DNA samples. Undercover cops could have gone to Little Athletics and grabbed a discarded drink bottle from the bin, for all we know. And why WOULDN'T they do this? And then the DNA sample taken when he is in custody is just further confirmation, rather than being the first time it was ever taken.

could possibly be the risk of contamination from other disposed rubbish / items in bin

The West Australian, 30 April 2016

Can't find original online but is reproduced here:

http://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20160430/281539405151917

snap petedavo!

Adding screen shot.

attachment.php
It's an interesting story. I wonder if it relates to the pictures that two of my former work bosses, John and Glen, took of every car passing by them on Stirling highway each Friday and Saturday night for a couple of years? Their films were processed and sent to Macro every week. It wasn't secret. There was a story in 98 about it. Looks like the Police went through them again

It was in the documentary they did years ago. I have an extremely good long term memory. Her blonde friend said she knew "Jane was trying to find someone that night." Some people take that as she was looking for sex. But I take it that she was lonely and wanting a boyfriend. She worked in a Childcare centre; she isn't going to meet many single dudes there. The way she was just standing on the footpath makes me think she met CSK earlier in the night and they arranged a meet up for later but he has told her to keep it a secret.

I think exactly the same. I believe his MO was to befriend not blitz and I believe she had some interaction with him earlier that evening and he told her to keep it quiet. She may have been separated from friends briefly say on the way to bathroom or ordering a drink and they never witnessed any interaction between them however I believe there was a brief encounter of some sort. The best place for him to hide would be in plain sight not some lurker doing drive bys. Looking at the way Jane reacts to seeing him on CCTV is not how you would react to a complete stranger there looks like some familiarity there. We dont know what BE looked like when he was younger but people have suggeted quite good looking. JR wants to meet a guy according to friends & doesnt leave with them, not long after she sees MM (who I believe is BE) and her face lights up. Why would she be suspicious of leaving with a good looking guy around her age particularly after a few drinks.

has there been a timeline of the mystery man video done - i dont recall seeing one, i am a little confused if the timings in seconds on the video match "real time"

as an example we see mm in 19 seconds then the next pan - she is seen waiting....

is there a real timeline to map onto the video

apologies if i am missing something

Ok thank you. I will follow up with the cops on Monday. This guy gave me the creeps big time and I can't sit by and let it go
I think you should follow it up because who knows next time he is flashing some kid or worse. Is there CCTV in that park because it has always been dodgy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214