Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether eventually found to be guilty or innocent, life as he knew it, is obviously going to be very different henceforth -(understatement)
If convicted, I would be surprised if he decided to "tell all", regardless of the fact that some convicted SK's do. I hope he does, but if he doesn't provide information, then I accept Karrakatta girl's account as being the most likely disappearance scenario.

Can anyone on the job, please enlighten as to what happens whilst in custody in his type of circumstance?
Is interrogation ongoing, or has that finished now until court?
I'm positive he'd be watched around the clock,
but what exactly would his days and nights currently consist of?

TiA

[emoji887]

I believe the brother may have been picked up on an unrelated charge, maybe drunk driving or something and he's given his DNA. They got a hit on it. That seems to make sense

His brother would not be required to provide a sample for DNA Analysis for a minor offence. My view is that a relative has voluntarily provided a sample for comparison or a VERY CLOSE relative has been charged with a serious offence. Its still quite confusing as the DNA of anyone apart from an identical twin wouldn't provide a definite hit. Y Chromosome and/or Mitochondrial DNA would be the obvious pathway. BRE wasnt tested and matched until after he was arrested. It is also possible that he was in the frame and Police obtained a sample covertly from a blood relative via RBT or other means.

I want to go back to the most ridiculous thing I think I have read on here, someone said SvD was going to work pro bono on this case.
Nobody really believes that, do they?

Why not? Martin Bennett does pro-bono work and it's not like he needs to build a name for himself. These guys earn easily $20k a week, they have built professional reputations, being famous is the next thrill, they think they're gods.

Whether eventually found to be guilty or innocent, life as he knew it, is obviously going to be very different henceforth -(understatement)
If convicted, I would be surprised if he decided to "tell all", regardless of the fact that some convicted SK's do. I hope he does, but if he doesn't provide information, then I accept Karrakatta girl's account as being the most likely disappearance scenario.

Can anyone on the job, please enlighten as to what happens whilst in custody in his type of circumstance?

TiA

[emoji887]

Sitting in a Remand Centre,most likely isolated for his own protection, visits from Legal Team, limited exercise, limited monitored visits. Has probably refused to be further interviewed by Police. Pretty miserable time for him at the moment. (BTW, no sympathy here)

I've spoken to three separate senior lawyers in Perth, who all told me the only reason people would be saying this is to assist in BRE’s appearance of innocence.
They laughed when I suggested someone had said they were going to defend him for free.

Perhaps the Aboriginal Legal Service has afforded him the level of representation he's receiving.

TiA

[emoji887]

My neighbour is a prison officer and BE is monitored 24 hours a day and on suicide watch. This is why I am not convinced the DNA match was done prior to his arrest. The slightest chance if anything got back to him that a relative had given a sample or test to the Police is just too risky to me unless it was genuine in that a relative has committed a serious crime. They would not want him being a flight risk or even committing suicide like has happened before...think Andrew Mallard case.

Just a long shot, but just wondering, considering his electrical background, if BE was contracted to install the CCTV's at C Hotel as well as to do regular maintenance on them. It would make sense that he knew which way to angle camera's how long each of them filmed an area as well as access to edit/change footage.

this theory was floated in a previous post. I'm pretty sure Telstra techs don't (didn't, haven't,) installed CCTV, unless he was moonlighting.

Perhaps the Aboriginal Legal Service has afforded him the level of representation he's receiving.

If he does indeed identify as indigenous, and is guilty,I think it would probably be the first indigenous serial killer Australia has had and certainly not something that would fit traditional serial killer profiles as we have come to understand them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he does indeed identify as indigenous, and is guilty,I think it would probably be the first indigenous serial killer Australia has had and certainly not something that would fit traditional serial killer profiles as we have come to understand them.

I know his brother married an aboriginal lady and that he's shown an interest in the culture through Facebook but is he aboriginal? Which one of his parents?

My neighbour is a prison officer and BE is monitored 24 hours a day and on suicide watch. This is why I am not convinced the DNA match was done prior to his arrest. The slightest chance if anything got back to him that a relative had given a sample or test to the Police is just too risky to me unless it was genuine in that a relative has committed a serious crime. They would not want him being a flight risk or even committing suicide like has happened before...think Andrew Mallard case.

Being under 24 hour monitoring is nothing out of the ordinary for someone who is being housed in a prison and facing serious charges for the first time. Particularly a high profile prisoner. You're reading too much in to a standard practice to reduce the prison's liability. It doesn't mean BE is mentally unraveling or trying to harm himself.

Also as far as DNA goes I think the had him in mind for the huntingdale 1988 case without it. I think they probably got his DNA without him knowing just to be sure they had their man. This could be done via RBT, discarded coffee cup etc. I don't think they used this for the arrest warrant. The only DNA match you'll hear about in court is the match from the DNA taken after he was arrested.

His brother would not be required to provide a sample for DNA Analysis for a minor offence. My view is that a relative has voluntarily provided a sample for comparison or a VERY CLOSE relative has been charged with a serious offence. Its still quite confusing as the DNA of anyone apart from an identical twin wouldn't provide a definite hit. Y Chromosome and/or Mitochondrial DNA would be the obvious pathway. BRE wasnt tested and matched until after he was arrested. It is also possible that he was in the frame and Police obtained a sample covertly from a blood relative via RBT or other means.

I've assumed that the DNA from the kimono was mitochondrial DNA from a hair left on the kimono - if it's the exhibit kimono in the photograph it would explain the free handling of it for the camera.

Yup, exactly. I'd be interested to see a good quality pic of him when younger but based on more current pics I'd avoid him like the plague .

Totally! The first thing I thought when I saw him with his ex wife was: he's huge, his smile doesn't reach his eyes and he has a cruel looking mouth. Could have been knowing what he's been accused of but yeah.

If as some think they asked a relative to give a DNA sample I wonder what led them to consider him as a suspect.. I think more likely a DNA hit came when a rellie was picked up on some charge and it was run through and then they narrowed down it down to him that way.

Being under 24 hour monitoring is nothing out of the ordinary for someone who is being housed in a prison and facing serious charges for the first time. Particularly a high profile prisoner. You're reading too much in to a standard practice to reduce the prison's liability. It doesn't mean BE is mentally unraveling or trying to harm himself.

Please read the post I was responding to. Brevette wrote I'm positive he'd be watched around the clock....I was just confirming it from the mouth of a prison officer. I was not saying yay or nay to whether it is anything out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure it would be standard practise these days for people charged with serious crimes. The second part of my post is my own views on why I don't think DNA was taken from a relative. Obviously, like lots of other posts here we cannot say whether it is right or wrong as none of us know for sure...it is just a hunch!

If as some think they asked a relative to give a DNA sample I wonder what led them to consider him as a suspect.. I think more likely a DNA hit came when a rellie was picked up on some charge and it was run through and then they narrowed down it down to him that way.

Im still convinced he came to Police attention after a review, particularly of the 2002 Highgate incident with the person with the 'Police type car' with the boot plastic lined etc etc. I suspect the last 12 months have been spent connecting the dots.

Totally! The first thing I thought when I saw him with his ex wife was: he's huge, his smile doesn't reach his eyes and he has a cruel looking mouth. Could have been knowing what he's been accused of but yeah.

With the benefit of hindsight, as these things often are, it was quite telling when one of the acquaintances posted in response to that Facebook pic something to the effect of 'OMG (BE) smiled'. People who knew him over a longer period had seemingly picked this up about him. Perhaps he presents a cheerier disposition in the courtship phase.

Also as far as DNA goes I think the had him in mind for the huntingdale 1988 case without it. I think they probably got his DNA without him knowing just to be sure they had their man. This could be done via RBT, discarded coffee cup etc. I don't think they used this for the arrest warrant. The only DNA match you'll hear about in court is the match from the DNA taken after he was arrested.

I'm sure his lawyers will question the police about whether a DNA match was done prior to his arrest and they will have to say....

Looks more British to me than aboriginal .
Has there been any info about his ethnicity ?
I haven't seen anything

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So you complain about people quoting large amount of text, then proceed to quote a large picture 3 times in a row? Seriously?
I think you have the words complaint and suggestion confused. I had to quote the images because it is forum rules plus I have been told it keeps the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24