Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure people would have noticed a work van around the vicinity of this time and I don't recall that ever being brought up so I think highly unlikely he was doing it this way.

Thanks for your reply, JS. I was pondering an 'hiding in plain sight' scenario. PMG's Department/Telecom Australia/Telstra telephone box with the appropriate work van alongside it is an unremarkable and/or forgettable combination as far I'm concerned. Although I don't want to belabour a largely irrelevant point at this stage of the case.

I think you have the words complaint and suggestion confused. I had to quote the images because it is forum rules plus I have been told it keeps the context.

No one said it was forum rules to post the quote, someone else and myself said it keeps things in context.

As to rules, I said it went against the WS TOS to tell other posters how to post.

Surely we are all adults in here?

I've assumed that the DNA from the kimono was mitochondrial DNA from a hair left on the kimono - if it's the exhibit kimono in the photograph it would explain the free handling of it for the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly appeared to be handled in a cavalier way in the photo. No gloves etc

No one said it was forum rules to post the quote, someone else and myself said it keeps things in context.

As to rules, I said it went against the WS TOS to tell other posters how to post.

Surely we are all adults in here?
I'm wondering about that myself because it's seeming like a pack is developing.
Sometimes people like to take conversations out of context, because really what they dont like is someone treading on what they think is their territory,

I thought I remember something about UK born but can't be 100% sure.

Which would actually be one possibility why they were living at a caravan park down south as a transition residence if they had recently migrated to Australia.

It certainly appeared to be handled in a cavalier way in the photo. No gloves etc

if you are referring to the 1988 historical photograph of kimono WAPOL would possibly have no idea of the importance of DNA back then hence the reason why no gloves. More concerning is many times recently I have seen photographs of WAPOL forensic teams at crime scenes handling things without gloves.

if you are referring to the 1988 historical photograph of kimono WAPOL would possibly have no idea of the importance of DNA back then hence the reason why no gloves. More concerning is many times recently I have seen photographs of WAPOL forensic teams at crime scenes handling things without gloves.

I appreciate that in 1988 the Police could never have imagined the advances in DNA Technology. The second part of your comment is definitely cause for concern

Which would actually be one possibility why they were living at a caravan park down south as a transition residence if they had recently migrated to Australia.

are you able to post the source of information re the caravan park please

Long time lurker, first time poster...

BRE born here so Australian. Father also born here but in 1948 just before the change to citizenship in 1949 so he was/is British subject. There was no such thing as Australian citzenship prior to 1949.

While I don't doubt that the police have made mistakes in the past I can't understand why people can't accept the perfectly logical sequence of events that they laid out to explain how they made the connection between the crimes. There is a massive amount of evidence sitting in storage which has never been tested. Even though we've had DNA testing for some time now it was slow and also expensive. Police could not possibly have been expected to test the backlog of evidence for crimes in the last 30 or so years. As the testing has become more affordable and quicker the police have had been making an effort to test old evidence in order to close cold cases. As such, after sitting there since 1988 the kimono was tested and police got lucky. They found a match which opened further investigative opportunities. If they found the person who climbed in the window that night in 1988 in huntingdale they had the killer. Now we can all summise and guess how they linked BE to this crime but it would have been a relatively small suspect pool. Maybe they suspected him but had no evidence until the DNA. Quite possibly he'd been sprung in the area as a juvenile taking knickers off a clothes line and given a slap on the wrist but had no official record. Maybe he was known in local circles as being a weirdo and after all these years when someone was questioned about the attack they dropped his name. Unless someone in the know posts here I guess we will find out in court.

The connection between the KK and CG case was made much later too as DNA testing methods improved. They worked hard to solve the KK case for the same reason with a team of 12 but couldn't crack it.

Possibly the most relevant post in the last few weeks.

it has been suggested on here that aboriginal legal service (ALS) is funding BRE's defence and I have no idea where this information originated but if it is fact then I do not believe it would be possible for the ALS to fund the defence for a non-aboriginal person.

are you able to post the source of information re the caravan park please

I've seen a 1977 electoral registration for BRE parents which shows previous address was caravan park at Margaret River. It apeared to be their first registration in Huntingdale.

With the benefit of hindsight, as these things often are, it was quite telling when one of the acquaintances posted in response to that Facebook pic something to the effect of 'OMG (BE) smiled'. People who knew him over a longer period had seemingly picked this up about him. Perhaps he presents a cheerier disposition in the courtship phase.

What he needed to develop as a teenager and onwards which he didn't have was respect for girls. What he did seem to develop was this second persona that partly hid the true personality

Something I have been thinking on recently, the whereabouts of SS. Looking at the general MO from evidence so far: · Victims were forced or co-erced into his vehicle
· If forced, they are restrained (hood,ties possible gag). If unforced they are soon restrained, probably in same way.
· They are then driven to the place of sexual assault.
· Following this, they are “disposed” of. One left where assaulted (KK), two on Perth metro outskirts, one (SS) unknown.

So where was the place of sexual assault? Was this nearby? From what I have read, it would appear so. We know it is not in his vehicle. We also know he drove to the assault location with KK restrained in the vehicle. So let’s assume all where done this way. This involves a lot of risk – far too much for a long drive of 30 or 40 km’s.

The one assault place we know of nearby is Karrakatta cemetery. What if KK was his choice for all assaults? Maybe all were killed, or left for dead there.

The cemetery is convenient for all the restrained assaults. It is local, it is dark, and must have been accessible in those days (hence the KK attack). It also can be reached via the back streets.

In the first one, he did his "work" and then left KK for dead. Perhaps she was strangled and she had passed out, apparently dead. Perhaps he partly buried her with twigs and leaves and fled. The girl woke, might not have realised she was partially buried, dusted herself down and ran to the nearest light she could see - Hollywood Hospital.

Fast forward to SS, he leaves nothing to chance this time and is more thorough. He kills her in a cemetery – where might he bury her? I wonder if the police have considered the possibility of SS being laid in a freshly dug grave at KK? Have all burial sites in KK on or shortly before 27 January 1996 been considered? Freshly laid soil is easier to dig, and he need only go down a couple of feet to conceal a body.

If this is the case, why weren’t JR and CG disposed of the same way? Perhaps, simply the lure of the chase. The quest for Power appears to be a strong motive for the CSK.

I've seen a 1977 electoral registration for BRE parents which shows previous address was caravan park at Margaret River. It apeared to be their first registration in Huntingdale.
That was confirmed by another poster who went through all of the EROLLS. So I would give that one a tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24