Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of pussy footing around on this thread. It's like people are scared to say bad things about creepy clown Brad. In the end his DNA will be all over the victims and the crime scenes. He messed up big time he knows it. He's been *advertiser censored* himself ever since and probably satisfying his sick urges on the Internet. He'll go down like many others have before him, kicking and screaming and bleating and whining about his innocence. He's pathetic - the biggest thing he has ever done in his whole over entitled underachieving existence is to take the lives innocent young girlls like the coward he is.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but was BRE arrested on evidence unknown to the public, maybe a tipoff? I'm asking because I'm confused about the discussion for familial DNA on file which brought about the arrest? Where is this in msm?

Wasn't the DNA taken from BRE while in custody and matched the samples on the database? This seems to point to other sources of evidence to proceed with an arrest.

Maybe someone he knew recalled the car he drove at the time or BRE let slip about his involvement in the murders to a person who recently contacted crimestoppers or BRE may have been on the short list of POI and the police needed further evidence which is presently unknown to the public or a long list of other reasons or evidence presented....

While in custody his DNA was taken and the forensics had a match for samples on their database from the Kimono in the 1988 attack and from samples recovered from the body of the Ciara Glennon, and from the 17-year-old girl raped at Karrakatta cemetery in 1995.

Another clue Macro detectives have employed is the identification of car upholstery fibres found on the remains of Jane Rimmer, which led police to believe the killer drove a VS Commodore made in the mid-1990s.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

There's a lot of pussy footing around on this thread. It's like people are scared to say bad things about creepy clown Brad.

Maybe that's because this is a niche Sleuthing forum, and not a general discussion about the Claremont/WA Killer(s).

With a certain degree of healthy paranoia by some in here, of the risk of the WA or Australian Government/Police/Legal/Private individuals successfully trying to get this thread shut down, if it risks derailing any trial by Jury's, by assumptions of guilt, before the accused has even pleaded in court, or seriously breaching privacy of Australian victims or individuals.

Maybe that's because this is a niche Sleuthing forum, and not a general discussion about the Claremont/WA Killer(s).

With a certain degree of healthy paranoia by some in here, of the risk of the WA or Australian Government/Police/Legal/Private individuals successfully trying to get this thread shut down, if it risks derailing any trial by Jury's, by assumptions guilt before the accused has even pleaded in court, or seriously breaching privacy of Australian victims or individuals.

Well put B4U, we need to be careful this being a very public forum, the last thing I'm sure anyone would want is to jeopardise this coming trial in anyway. Let's be careful out there people!!

Hi, How can I find out more about this case?

I strongly suggest you don't just assume that unsubstantiated serious allegations in this forum of who the employer and job of someone was (un-named person), is bona fide.

It could be a deliberate malicious attempt to malign the reputation of a particular highly political organisation, that is constantly under attack and being undermined for both political and commercial reasons, by some very powerful home and away players.

<modsnip>

Please correct me if I'm wrong but was BRE arrested on evidence unknown to the public, maybe a tipoff? I'm asking because I'm confused about the discussion for familial DNA on file which brought about the arrest? Where is this in msm?

Wasn't the DNA taken from BRE while in custody and matched the samples on the database? This seems to point to other sources of evidence to proceed with an arrest.

Maybe someone he knew recalled the car he drove at the time or BRE let slip about his involvement in the murders to a person who recently contacted crimestoppers or BRE may have been on the short list of POI and the police needed further evidence which is presently unknown to the public or a long list of other reasons or evidence presented....

While in custody his DNA was taken and the forensics had a match for samples on their database from the Kimono in the 1988 attack and from samples recovered from the body of the Ciara Glennon, and from the 17-year-old girl raped at Karrakatta cemetery in 1995.

Another clue Macro detectives have employed is the identification of car upholstery fibres found on the remains of Jane Rimmer, which led police to believe the killer drove a VS Commodore made in the mid-1990s.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

1. I doubt he slipped up and told someone. Possible but I think this guy is disciplined and doesn't want to get caught.

2. They may have had familial DNA. If so they're still going to get his DNA and confirm.

3. They may have even got his DNA by stealth, maybe even unofficially. Either way, they're still going to go through correct procedure to make sure there are no loopholes in their case.

4. Maybe they had other compelling evidence but I can't see it after 20 years. Maybe CG found a souvenir? Other than that I just can't see them going TRG. They would have brought him in and questioned him. I think they were 99%+ sure he was the CSK and the most likely reason is a DNA match.

I strongly suggest you don't just assume that unsubstantiated serious allegations in this forum of who the employer and job of someone was (un-named person), is bona fide.

It could be a deliberate malicious attempt to malign the reputation of a particular highly political organisation, that is constantly under attack and being undermined for both political and commercial reasons, by some very powerful home and away players.

<modsnip>

The guy was charged and found guilty wasn't he? If we're talking about the same case? Are we talking about the same case? Mid 80s media personality who lived in a unit right near Cott beach and was a pedo? Lured boys with playboy mags, surfing vids, alcohol and weed?

The guy was charged and found guilty wasn't he? If we're talking about the same case? Are we talking about the same case? Mid 80s media personality who lived in a unit right near Cott beach and was a pedo? Lured boys with playboy mags, surfing vids, alcohol and weed?

yes, this was the one I referred to up the page.
cant find anything.

Based on a previous poster's intimation and some basic logic, it would seem the golden gun that led to interest in BRE was that he was a neighbour or lived in very close proximity to the Huntingdale assault victim. It seems they made the DNA link between that assault and the KK/CG offences and took about investigating Huntingdale with gusto. I'd put good money on him being a neighbour of that victim.

Maybe BRE was a licensed firearm owner for recreational or competitive shooting.

Then I think they would have taken him down at work.

For me everything points to macro being 99% sure he was the guy and taking by surprise so he could dispose or delete any evidence.

when i talk to macro they had 5 cars at my house in 20 mins

How did you interpret that because 5 cars aren't needed for a "chat". Do you think it's possible they thought the story was odd and that you might be the CSK?

yes, this was the one I referred to up the page.
cant find anything.

I'm trying to get some info. I'll share if I get it. I can't even remember the dude's name but remember my mates telling me about going there.

Can someone please clarify what can and cannot be discussed in this thread in terms of affecting the court hearing?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but was BRE arrested on evidence unknown to the public, maybe a tipoff? I'm asking because I'm confused about the discussion for familial DNA on file which brought about the arrest? Where is this in msm? ...

info came from The Australian, final para in the article below:

Next came the technique sometimes called “familial DNA” where police look for people who are closely related to a suspected offender.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

I think after too many visits from one ISP, there is a paywall so hope the link works for you. Not mentioned anywhere else as far as I know, so maybe it's not to be trusted, like all media ;)

Does anyone know the approx time macro take to get back to you if youve contacted crimestoppers with info?

24 hours to weeks or months or never. It all depends on the person at the other end of the phone at Crimestoppers. They are not police. It all depends on their perception of what you tell them and then how they choose to stream it through the Police Intell Unit. Have you considered sending a report through Crimestoppers email system ?

Can someone please clarify what can and cannot be discussed in this thread in terms of affecting the court hearing?

The following article is worthy of some consideration

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lawreport/social-media-and-the-law/

A number of recent cases in Australia and internationally have highlighted the ability for comments and interactions on social media to affect trials, sentencing and even see whole juries disbarred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298