Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there has been many people who have come forward as his 'friend', acquaintances, but not friends... was he a loner... not that that's bad... did anyone know him?

He seems to portray a social side, but hates his pic taken, keeps his computer stuff as secret as possible... I just wonder if his parents have ever had an 'ah-ha' moment.. or his wives for that matter.

I remember in an earlier thread a guy who worked with him in Kalgoorlie (on a Telstra job), when a woman disappeared the same night after BRE didn't want to join his colleague for a drink, saying he teased him that BRE must have been responsible- to which he didn't take kindly. How many people interacted with him just after 'events', who might now be having an 'ah-ha' that makes sense moment.

Moreover-when do you think the proper trial will start... will it be years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He wasn't a loner as such if he participated in two community clubs. People said he was quiet which is different from being a loner. Not liking his picture being taken could be because of the obvious or he actually didn't like his photo taken for some other reason. I dont know if he kept his computer stuff secret, he was selective what he put out there that's for sure. It would look strange for a tech-head not to have any web presence, so he gave a little bit probably so his family wouldn't question it. But I imagine there's some good finds on his computer. I read the post re Kalgoorie but it's one persons story so it goes on to the rumour file until it can be verified. The trial I don't know how these roll out, how long was the Bernie trial?

This CSK discussion has died because of people like you. You carried on with your steroid nonsense for page after page, when it's obvious he didn't take them and it's obvious it has no relevance to anything.
This forum has become boring very quickly with the weird mods erasing every second post and starting new threads for some stupid reason.
It's a joke of a forum really, I won't be posting here anymore. A shame because it's an interesting case that can't be talked about here, just stupid people talking about steroids, the type of handbag someone was wearing and who is who in security footage.
Before I get banned does anyone know of a forum that isn't full of idiots, run by idiots, where you can actually talk about things?
Try the Nannup doomsday cult family disappearance. I'll send you a link if you can't find it and are interested in doing some actual sleuthing as there's a very good chance that the POI has online traces using an assumed identity somewhere as it's part of his MO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think some discussions on this thread have descended into over-exuberant pursuit of proving theories that cannot possibly be tested from the facts currently available.

From what I've read so far we have
Working>Telstra (various possible locations)
Hang Out> Claremont (allegedly), Huntingdale
Friends> ?
Buildings> ?
Relationships> Wife (likely ex)
Cars> access to Telstra vehicles including at least 1995 Holden Commodore VS s1

Looking pretty slim on answers I've gotta say.

I would add
What was his actual position in 1995/96?
What sports clubs/groups etc was he a member of?
It's not that the theory is bad (50% of it) but there is just so much of it and there is no end to it because everybody is so sure their theory is right and want it heard. It might be exciting to ponder and theorise but hopefully people remember that at the end of the day there were young girls that lost their lives. Some of the theory borders on being disrespectful. In my opinion.

Your adds are good: I'd like to know if he belonged to a 4x4 club.

All the articles I've seen where neighbours and friends seem to say the same thing, that he was very quiet, never shared much but a really nice bloke. Snowtown killers were arrested in 99, one plead guilty and was sentenced in 2001. Verdicts for the rest weren't handed down until 2003. I imagine the same time frame roughly for BE but anything could happen between now and then I suppose. He might cut a deal, plead it. Or he could kill himself first opportunity he gets.

I can't get a real read on his personality because what neighbours and friends say doesn't really feel right. It's surprised me we haven't heard from more people where he's tried to pick someone up and missed etc., Interesting someone disappeared when he was in Kalgoorlie, I hope the police are looking into that one as well.
I assume that they have all gone to the Police. And the police have been inundated with such, since his name and photo hit the media. I doubt if any want to put themselves in the media or on here, in case of "guilt by association" by the pitchfork brigades of idiots and morons

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Found a Womans Day article that quotes a friend of BE of over twenty years. Haven't noticed it before but no idea if it's been posted here before or not.

https://www.pressreader.com/

I don't think there has been many people who have come forward as his 'friend', acquaintances, but not friends... was he a loner... not that that's bad... did anyone know him?

He seems to portray a social side, but hates his pic taken, keeps his computer stuff as secret as possible... I just wonder if his parents have ever had an 'ah-ha' moment.. or his wives for that matter.

I remember in an earlier thread a guy who worked with him in Kalgoorlie (on a Telstra job), when a woman disappeared the same night after BRE didn't want to join his colleague for a drink, saying he teased him that BRE must have been responsible- to which he didn't take kindly. How many people interacted with him just after 'events', who might now be having an 'ah-ha' that makes sense moment.

Moreover-when do you think the proper trial will start... will it be years?

You want me to do a fake smile to please you? Aw comon I been working all day.

Just stop it - ok, just stop it... praise me... I've been waiting all day!

It's easy to see things when you want to. But think about it - would you really abduct someone a few minutes after you were talking to them right underneath cctv camera? No, I don't think you would.

you wouldn't if you had any sense, but then again you wouldn't abduct anyone full stop IF you had any sense
...and then again, Adrian Bailey did both :(

[emoji887]

I would imagine that defence counsel would be able to quiz prospective jurors on whether they had participated in or followed conversations about the case on social media. I would have thought that would have been one of the first things to check. Perhaps a questionnaire early in the selection process?

I was on the jury panel for the 1988 Fremantle Prison riot trial where there were about as many wigs as there were the thirty three defendants. One of the barristers knew me so he immediately challenged my selection...as he should have. The jury panel is the group of people who are chosen from the electoral roll and from whom a jury is chosen. So if you are called up for jury duty is does not mean that you will get to sit on a jury.

There was no questioning by defence or prosecution counsel; all they could do was to challenge for whatever reason they chose without revealing their reasons. Those reasons could have easily been gender, age, manner of dress, body language, apparent conservatism or apparent liberalism; anything at all really. If you were challenged then were not to be chosen and back to your seat you went.

The judge asked a few questions if he chose to and could reject or select a person on the strength of the answers.

Anyone with a reason to not be on the jury of what was to be a very lengthy trial could ask to be excluded. Parental responsibilities or business responsibilities were raised by a few potential jurors in that context. One wag who just didn't want to do it told the judge that he thought all the defendants were guilty!!

I think a person who had participated in this forum would be duty bound to tell the judge that because the last thing anyone would want would be to have the trial abandoned because it had been discovered that a juror had an apparent pre-determined or prejudiced position on the charges. It has been known for trials to be abandoned because jury members had decided to engage in their own investigations independent of the court. Jurors should only have regard for evidence raised in a court in reaching their conclusions and nothing else.

He seems to portray a social side, but hates his pic taken

I don't necessarily susbscribe to that theory. It seems to be based on one photo of him putting his hand up to the camera - and who hasn't done that in their lifetime - and him supposedly looking away keeping his face hidden in the shed video. I think we read too much into things at times.

The photo of him with CGE in her profile pic doesn't look like a man to me who hates his photo taken. I've screen shotted dozens of photos of him from the KLAC site. Appears completely comfortable in front of the camera IMO.

A friend of Mr Edwards said he was close to his parents and regularly went crabbing with his father in the Mandurah area.

One man who has known the 48-year-old since the early 1990s struggled to take in the allegations.

“He is always very quiet ... but he is quite friendly,” the man, who did not want to be named, said. “He never tells anyone anything about anything that he’s doing.”

Another said: “For those of us who do know him, everyone is just stunned and shocked and that is all we can say”.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...e/news-story/23a0b68aefc77eca7f655a46994149dc

Ok, just found this article, posters asking about BRE's friends. Seems the consensus is BRE would be voted least likely to be a serial killer.
I watched news when it first broke and this blond guy (friend of BRE) was genuinely dumbfounded that BRE could be CSK. BRE definitely has a mask he wears because no one has come forward with a story about violent rages or dubious stories etc. Not yet anyway.

I don't necessarily susbscribe to that theory. It seems to be based on one photo of him putting his hand up to the camera - and who hasn't done that in their lifetime - and him supposedly looking away keeping his face hidden in the shed video. I think we read too much into things at times.

The photo of him with CGE in her profile pic doesn't look like a man to me who hates his photo taken. I've screen shotted dozens of photos of him from the KLAC site. Appears completely comfortable in front of the camera IMO.

Or is he only comfortable, on his terms?

Hey 123sniff, wasn't he horrid? This show includes the stuff you were talking about in psychopaths being able to spot victims by the way they walk, they actually used a number of women walking away so only their back view was visible, there was only one victim and he picked her. Too uncanny.
He was monstrous and he hid his manipulations etc. while the cameras were filming, but as soon as it stopped he turned into a monster.

Yes he was awful - I only watched bits & pieces he was so obnoxious! Interesting they used a similar test, I missed that part. The one I saw was interviewing convicted serial killers & testing them. The woman they picked was a victim too.

I have tried to find where I read this may have been on another thread or News media does anyone else remember reading about this? I could be wrong and I apologise in advance if I am. [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
From what I read in the threads about the watch was that their was no information released about the watch so it wasn't possible to know of anything more except that it was found a few metres away from the victim . Theres nothing further to speculate upon unfortunately .
jmo

Shelly can you post the text of the article, I can't find it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95