Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 February 1988 final days play in Aust v Sri Lanka test match at the WACA - Aust won by an innings and 108 runs Same day February 15, 1988 - 18-year-old woman indecently assaulted in her sleep during break-in at a Gay Street, Huntingdale home

This was a five day match so the odds of it happening on this series are higher. It was a Monday.

19 June 1988, Sydney 14.20 (104) d West Coast 8.13 (61) SCG Early the next morning Julie Cutler last seen 12:30am 20 June 198830

This wasn’t the same day? If your theory is the murders match the sporting event then how can you include this?

1. June 1991, West Coast 21.11 (137) d St Kilda 14.9 (93), Subiaco Oval
Same day Kerry Turner last seen 5am June 30 1991 – BRE’s father’s birthdayNew

Same day, so I’ll give you that one

Year Eve Same day Saturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack February 12 1995

Not a sporting event but yes a day people were likely to be out and about. It doesn’t match the sporting event theory.

2. scratch match West Coast v Sydney, Leederville Oval Same day Sunday February 12 1995 Karrakatta attack.

Scratch Match?

Australia Day fireworks, 26 January 1996Early next morning Sarah Spiers (18) called taxi 2:06am

Not a sporting event a day people were likely to be out and about. It doesn’t match the sporting event theory.

Sat Jan 27 1996 AFL Pre-season DERBY, West Coast 10.11 (71) d Fremantle 7.15 (57) Sunday, 25 Feb 1996, Darwin Tenuous connection - five days later Church Lane - Women bashed and indecently assaulted Sunday March 3 1996 at 2:00am

This is five days later I am not sure why you even included it?

3. 9 June 1996, West Coast 19.16 (130) d Adelaide 11.10 (76), Football Park A few hours before the game Jane Rimmer last seen Sunday June 9 1996 12:04am15

Fits with theory

4. March 1997 scratch match West Coast 19.8 (122) d Brisbane 7.6 (48), Waverley Park A few hours before the gameCiara Glennon last seen 00:15am Saturday March 15, 19974

Vaguely fits with theory because it is a scratch match and they are not televised and not considered to be season games but I’ll give you that one.

5. July, 1997 Adelaide 16.10 (106) d West Coast 4.7 (31), Football Park A few hours before the game Corinna Marr murdered in Adelaide at approximately 3:30 pm 4 July 199716

There are 20 weeks (18) games in a season so the odds of hitting a WC game is quite high, especially when they are weekend games and women went missing on weekends, so I’ll give you this one as well.

March, 2002 scratch match West Coast v Kangaroos, Subiaco OvalDay and a half later18 March 2002, Christine Michelle Schipp last seen Northbridge

Sorry but a day and a half later doesn’t match your theory, but you included it?

OK, just did a bit of research and I was correct, Foxtel wasn't offered until 1999. Quoted from Wikipedia -

"In May 1998, Australis Media, the owner of a satellite television service known as
Galaxy, was declared insolvent. In June 1998, Foxtel was able to significantly boost its customer base by acquiring Galaxy subscribers from the liquidator of Australis Media and immediately commenced supplying programming to Galaxy's subscribers on an interim basis.[SUP][2][/SUP] In February 1999, Foxtel began offering its own satellite service to new customers.[SUP][3][/SUP]

My apologies if this has been addressed in the pages since (I skimmed and couldn't see anything). It reads that it was satellite (using galaxy's infrastructure, I presume) that was offered from 1999. FOXTEL was around from 1995, the only person I knew who had it was my aunty so I got to watch it when I stayed at her house during the school holidays. And I haven't had school holidays since 1997. Also I remember the first thing I watched on foxtel was a godawful Sandra Bullock movie called 'the net' but I was so excited to go back to school and say I'd seen it, it was fairly recent when i saw it on foxtel and not many people had foxtel. That movie was released 1995 so i'd say it was late 1995 or early 1996 when I saw it on foxtel

How old was he supposed to be at the time of death of CG? He was quite young, wasn't he? Perhaps with greater earning capacity came the tendency to veer towards working girls. Not only that but there is a high turnover of girls in the industry and many girls who travel who may only work briefly. And since LE don't really care about them well as well as to conveniently blame any deaths on "bikie actvity". Sex workers provide a smorgasboard of opportunities to rape and kill than "civilian" women don't.

Having worked in the industry before and also being in contact with LE i know that LE can be very, very out of touch with reality. There is also a distance from LE because many offences are not reported. They are either not reported at all or a dealt with "in house" so to speak (not literally, it's just a term we use.)

This is all speculation of course and MOO, but i think going down the track that he would only target a certain "type" of girl doesn't make any sense.

I always suspected there was a link between LB and CSK when it happened but I don't recall any media attention at the time. There's no reason why he wouldn't change things up and continue to target the vulnerable. Makes me wonder about the possibility of unreported missing working girls as well. IMO rolling the dice vs street walkers post 1997 – second option seems more likely to me... if you can drop a net you can catch a crab.

Mr Curios and Mr Rythm I clean. I clean Telstra very long time. Many years. Sorry I not good at computer.

15 February 1988 final days play in Aust v Sri Lanka test match at the WACA - Aust won by an innings and 108 runs Same day February 15, 1988 - 18-year-old woman indecently assaulted in her sleep during break-in at a Gay Street, Huntingdale home

This was a five day match so the odds of it happening on this series are higher. It was a Monday.

19 June 1988, Sydney 14.20 (104) d West Coast 8.13 (61) SCG Early the next morning Julie Cutler last seen 12:30am 20 June 198830

This wasn’t the same day? If your theory is the murders match the sporting event then how can you include this?

1. June 1991, West Coast 21.11 (137) d St Kilda 14.9 (93), Subiaco Oval
Same day Kerry Turner last seen 5am June 30 1991 – BRE’s father’s birthdayNew

Same day, so I’ll give you that one

Year Eve Same day Saturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack February 12 1995

Not a sporting event but yes a day people were likely to be out and about. It doesn’t match the sporting event theory.

2. scratch match West Coast v Sydney, Leederville Oval Same day Sunday February 12 1995 Karrakatta attack.

Scratch Match?

Australia Day fireworks, 26 January 1996Early next morning Sarah Spiers (18) called taxi 2:06am

Not a sporting event a day people were likely to be out and about. It doesn’t match the sporting event theory.

Sat Jan 27 1996 AFL Pre-season DERBY, West Coast 10.11 (71) d Fremantle 7.15 (57) Sunday, 25 Feb 1996, Darwin Tenuous connection - five days later Church Lane - Women bashed and indecently assaulted Sunday March 3 1996 at 2:00am

This is five days later I am not sure why you even included it?

3. 9 June 1996, West Coast 19.16 (130) d Adelaide 11.10 (76), Football Park A few hours before the game Jane Rimmer last seen Sunday June 9 1996 12:04am15

Fits with theory

4. March 1997 scratch match West Coast 19.8 (122) d Brisbane 7.6 (48), Waverley Park A few hours before the gameCiara Glennon last seen 00:15am Saturday March 15, 19974

Vaguely fits with theory because it is a scratch match and they are not televised and not considered to be season games but I’ll give you that one.

5. July, 1997 Adelaide 16.10 (106) d West Coast 4.7 (31), Football Park A few hours before the game Corinna Marr murdered in Adelaide at approximately 3:30 pm 4 July 199716

There are 20 weeks (18) games in a season so the odds of hitting a WC game is quite high, especially when they are weekend games and women went missing on weekends, so I’ll give you this one as well.

March, 2002 scratch match West Coast v Kangaroos, Subiaco OvalDay and a half later18 March 2002, Christine Michelle Schipp last seen Northbridge

Sorry but a day and a half later doesn’t match your theory, but you included it?

Be fair - he/she does acknowledge the imperfect timing

It's difficult to find sometimes if something has been addressed. I have Foxtel being introduced in 1995 as well. This from the history of TV : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_in_Australia
attachment.php

My apologies if this has been addressed in the pages since (I skimmed and couldn't see anything). It reads that it was satellite (using galaxy's infrastructure, I presume) that was offered from 1999. FOXTEL was around from 1995, the only person I knew who had it was my aunty so I got to watch it when I stayed at her house during the school holidays. And I haven't had school holidays since 1997. Also I remember the first thing I watched on foxtel was a godawful Sandra Bullock movie called 'the net' but I was so excited to go back to school and say I'd seen it, it was fairly recent when i saw it on foxtel and not many people had foxtel. That movie was released 1995 so i'd say it was late 1995 or early 1996 when I saw it on foxtel

Attachments

• foxtel.jpg
    foxtel.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 301
Not too savvy as I don't use the TOR browser, it's not foolproof though I'm told. In regard to BRE though, if the police run true to form they will have watched him for some time. His house likely wired, tracking devices on all his vehicles and rather than relying on monitoring his internet activity through his ISP and trawling his metadata, they would have installed a keystroke monitor onto all his devices.

Not sure they watched him for some time, i believe he became POI in last few weeks before arrest

finally a bit of fat to chew on, was this the video footage the captured all the cars driving by or footage from the actual hotel? there are 2 versions of the same mm footage and afai this is the only footage released to the public anyway

As i believe they didn't release all of the footage that is / was relevant (yet)

Could it have something to do with a rescuer or saviour complex?

There are plenty of people like that in churches.

I wondered about religion as well when people were saying BRE lives very modestly for his expected income, I wondered whether they tithed. On one hand it makes sense since his wife is French and there are a lot of Catholics in France. Perhaps they tithed the first 10% of their income and/or have sponsor children and/or just believed in living modestly.

But then I don't expect they could be too overly religious if this is the second major relationship for both of them. BRE was divorced and CG(E) already had a child (perhaps out of wedlock, perhaps divorced, perhaps widowed, I don't know) and no pastor has stepped forward to say what a good Christian he was. So I don't know, maybe they were loosely Christian but not giving tens of thousands of dollars to the church each year? Although they put a kid through a private catholic highschool, that's about $15-20k/ur including books, fancy calculators etc

Couldn't agree more. Everything we know about this guy seems a bit insipid. Computer games at 48 years old? (Sorry gamers). Music 'likes' on FB - I had some of the same ... 25 years ago. This is a very immature person.

I still think it is significant that his wife (CGE) is into what I would call fairly fringe Catholic FB groups - 'Jesus Remnant Army', 'Catholic Apologia'. Difficult to imagine she would marry someone of a very different persuasion. I believe the step-daughter is also affiliated with churchy-type things, so it isn't just CGE. This in all likelihood was a 'theme' in this family.

I think it might be worthwhile to look into whether they were parishioners or church community people. BRE was definitely involved in local sports, etc - so why wouldn't he be amenable to church activities?

Dont agree with your computer game theory - many people "that" age have continued to play computer games - the revenue / quality of these means they are the movies. I dont jump that ppl who play comp games at 48 are weird!

Yes, before it was called Foxtel it was Austar, started in 1994.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austar

Peter Sutcliffe's (Yorkshire Ripper) wife was religious as well, she also testified against him in court. I wonder how BRE's wife is coping and it must be going through her mind if there were times he may have turned attention to her own daughter. I hope she's also thinking of the Spiers and encouraging BRE to give up the location of where Sarah is.

Couldn't agree more. Everything we know about this guy seems a bit insipid. Computer games at 48 years old? (Sorry gamers). Music 'likes' on FB - I had some of the same ... 25 years ago. This is a very immature person.

I still think it is significant that his wife (CGE) is into what I would call fairly fringe Catholic FB groups - 'Jesus Remnant Army', 'Catholic Apologia'. Difficult to imagine she would marry someone of a very different persuasion. I believe the step-daughter is also affiliated with churchy-type things, so it isn't just CGE. This in all likelihood was a 'theme' in this family.

I think it might be worthwhile to look into whether they were parishioners or church community people. BRE was definitely involved in local sports, etc - so why wouldn't he be amenable to church activities?

For what it's worth, I know a non-religious man who once told me that his wife is a from the Jehova's witness faith (Not quite sure how that works, I didn't think that they could marry 'outside'!) On a mildly amusing side-note, this same man believes in ghosts, while his Jehova's wife thinks the ideas of ghosts are ridiculous.

Hi slane are you saying he wasn't at work for the two weeks leading up to his arrest has this been verified is this inside information or was this publicised.

Yes that's what I'm saying. Has not been publicised as far as I am aware.

What event do you think it was that identified him? I think it's possible they've had eyes on him for quite a while but even a couple of months could be long enough to find out what they need, what he does on the internet, who he sees, what his habits are, addictions etc., follow him around to see if he has any hiding places, a storage facility somehwere, regular girls or prostitutes. No way, not a chance they weren't watching him for some time before they jumped.

Not sure they watched him for some time, i believe he became POI in last few weeks before arrest

Dont agree with your computer game theory - many people "that" age have continued to play computer games - the revenue / quality of these means they are the movies. I dont jump that ppl who play comp games at 48 are weird!

But do you also FB-'like' Simply Red? :)

Be fair - he/she does acknowledge the imperfect timing
I am being fair. It isn't fair to include information that doesn't match a theory. There's a couple of theories going on in the one. If there wasn't a WC game in one of the 18 weeks of the year the person has pulled out 2 scratch matches. If there wasn't a WC game the person included another event that was happening in Perth. Since most of the incidences happened on a weekend or long weekend, what are the chances of an event happening?

You cannot just keep dragging in random events and say they match your theory. Plus keep posting the theory that had been discarded by most of the forum as being flawed. Some people just keep flogging their dead horse and why should the rest of us put up with it? That's certainly not fair and it is just disrespectful to what was a good forum that has been completely destroyed with utter rubbish. Is this forum about finding information which could assist the cases we discussed or people thinking they are masterminds because they developed some far out theory. If you cannot backup the theory and nobody jumps on your bandwagon, for pity sake give it up and spare the rest of us.

Yes that's what I'm saying. Has not been publicised as far as I am aware.
I have been wondering....when BE was arrested, neighbours heard a woman scream.... we know that SD turned up after he was arrested and in this forum someone posted that police spoke to CGE while she was shopping and allegedly said, "What, has he killed someone?". IF that later post is correct...who was at the house with BE when he was arrested? Did he scream like a girl? (No offence intended...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214