Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>The police have not revealed how the murders occurred or what the injuries are. <modsnip>

ShellyGale,
I have read your tendency to look towards 'outside substances' to explain the perpetrator's behaviour and lack of self-control, and while we can't rule this out and I would be happily proven incorrect, I think it is somewhat misguided. I would agree with you that the CSK is an addict - to dopamine. He is a serial sexual offender with offences which have started at a relatively young age, which means that as he was becoming sexualised (as an adolescent, or possibly even younger) he was relating to sex through a set of increasingly 'deviant' or distorted thoughts and fantasies. Over this period of time his neural pathways for sexual arousal and gratification would have become increasingly consolidated such that it would require exposure to increasingly strong and extreme sexual stimuli (mental, visual, physical) to achieve the same amount of dopamine release and arousal, hence the escalation in sexual offences. This would mean engaging in increasingly violent behaviours and taking greater risks. My point being that there does not need to be an additional substance to fuel his behaviour; his neurological wiring and brain's neurochemical thirst for dopamine release, and the influence and active indulgence in his thoughts and fantasies around sex and control more than explain this. To echo the thoughts of others, an introverted, emotionally avoidant, control-oriented and organised individual would not likely be a 'throw caution to the wind' risk taker, rather, it would more likely be that he would savour all aspects of the minutiae of his MO as his fantasies build towards enaction. Given this, while he might have ceased physical offences, without significant therapeutic and behaviour change intervention intervention it is unlikely that his neurological wiring and tastes sexual stimuli have changed much, and we would anticipate he has addiction to extreme *advertiser censored* only available on the dark web where he could access that type of content, possibly engage in 'like-minded' social networks, maybe even mutually brag about past achievements to relive the excitement and fuel further fantasies.

Now that is a sensible post.
Read it slowly, read it again and understand it. Then move on.

I spend a lot of time here catching up so don't get to post in a timely manner most of the time. I just wanted to hark back to the CCTV images of the guy in the vest and the one glancing out the door momentarily. I don't think they are the same person at all - while they both have their sleeves rolled up, the sleeves themselves are quite different in my view.

I'll say again that I like the fact that a lot of new posters who are also locals have been posting here since the arrest. There has definitely been an injection of Perth insights, and even the unverified snippets of info from "a friend of a friend" with some connection to any of the main identities are helpful. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is when there is too much time spent fleshing out scenarios based on someone's imagination. Those tales grow legs and end up being recalled and quoted by others down the track as though they had some substance and were based on known facts - I've seen it happen over and over again here on WS in general (not just in the CSK threads) and seems the biggest source of angst and aggro among posters.

I've also wanted to ask others this for a while now - do the subjudice rules differ from state to state here in Australia?? I'm asking because I've been surprised that so many photos of BRE have been posted here since his arrest, in comparison with say the Jill Meagher case, where as soon as he was arrested all images of AB seemed absolutely forbidden. And I don't mean just here on WS - everywhere online his photos were pixelated or deleted elsewhere and in the media too. So what is the difference otherwise between the two cases?

As with CG it was either 2 people or one person with strength. All will come out. For all we know he could of seat belted them up sitting up.

It's so long ago many people have changed and photography wasn't advanced than with the technological age. If you've seen BE High School Photo they notice the hair do of MM they look similar.

Might be just a creep who goes out scouting. Sounds like it. If he is MM and the CG sighting. I don't think he was fishing or signs of that.

No Shelly, he has only been on the radar for the last few weeks. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure about that?
Depends what you mean by "on the radar".
Is it possible, as some people have suggested, that BE has been "on the radar" for some time?
Was he ever interviewed previously about this case?
Did he ever do something when he was younger that might be considered sexually devious, and was questioned by police?
As one poster just asked; Who were the Telstra workers that reported smelling something like a dead kangaroo?

Karragullen is a well used dumping ground and suicide forest (spooky like Aokigahara). In the late 70's a woman was burnt on a log in the bush and although she had links to witchcraft initiation was ruled out but it was a great story I recall growing up.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/137006624?searchTerm=kerryn tate murder&searchLimits=

Karragullen cannot be ruled out IMO and/or the IO

Wow I just read this article about the case of Kerry's Tate

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/1979/12/kerryn-tate.html?m=1

While it is too early to have anything to do with BRE, if you read the anonymous comments below the article, there are signs WAPOL may have been actively seeking partial DNA matches from suspects' relatives around 2015. They could've told them lies about which case it relates to so as not to alert suspects.

I've heard ancestry.com is doing familial DNA now. I wonder if WAPOL has a special account?

Sarah Spiers disappeared in the hottest month of the year which could account for her remains being undiscovered. Even in a shallow grave or more so if left exposed, the body will decompose faster in a hot, humid climate.
The smell would be quite pungent in a relatively short time so feral dogs, dingoes and foxes might make short work of it. It's a gruesome subject but there must be several reasons why SS's remains have not been found. With all this in play and a remote location could be a reason.

The boat theory is a good one but I don't know, the alleged killer is a lazy character as another poster has noted, he'd just do as much as were necessary to bide for time before the body might be discovered, so long distance drive and a remote area he knows well in the dark is satisfactory. Unfortunately, he was lucky with regards to SS not being found and could move onto his next victim, JR, 5 mths later.

I'm just throwing out my own conclusions from the last few pages I've read.

While the type of music BRE may have been listening to may give an insight to his state of mind at a certain period in time in no way do I think it reflects any indication of psychopathy or intent, the same goes for his FB likes, there is a difference between interest and obsession. Now if he had liked rape and murder pages then I'd be worried.

I don't think there is anything wrong with him being a 48 y/o gamer. I grew up on nintendo and at 35 I still love video games, it is a form of entertainment no different to watching movies/tv etc. and guess what, here is a small fact, Adult females make up the biggest gaming demographic at 35% and adult males make up another 34% while kids of both sexes only make up 31%.

Stating someone may have homosexual/transexual/bisexual/cross dressing tendencies because of the way they walk or their posture is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. IMO I think it possible he may cross dressed but I make this assumption purely on the fact that it is alleged that he steals womens underwear and has nothing to do with his appearance in anyway.

I don't think SS was dumped at sea, although possible I am of the theory that she was more of an opportunistic attack as opposed to pre meditated, I'm sure the CSK planned on raping but I don't think murder was his initial intention, I think he panicked a little and made sure to conceal her more than he did his other victims.

At this stage locating SS is like a needle in a haystack, so many places to dump a body that would never be found, we are talking millions of hectres. I'd like to see the community go back to the discussion of where he murdered his victims, WAPOL stated the girls were not killed at the same places they were disposed, if he slit their throats as has been indicated in a couple of reports we are talking 5 litres of blood, that makes one helluva mess. there was information from a new user that BE had an office in claremont, can this be confirmed? where else may he have murdered his victims after the abducion?

Fair question. How about a bath tub at the folks house at Madora Bay or a fish scaling bench in the yard? With the folks away CSK has complete privacy and time to breakdown, clean up and bump out... no wonder WAPOL were all over that place in a shot...

I might ring Hakea & see if I can go have a chat :)

I would ring the visitors centre first and check the procedure. Fill in forms for ID. What relationship with prisoner i.e Family/Social Have Eyes photographed. He's asked if he wants to see you. Go on visit have eyes checked at entry, Stand in line for the sniffer dog, hope there's not a lockdown while you are there or you can't get out until all clear

There was a suicide confession from a possible perp for that one
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...r/news-story/dd98e4a7de666697eef5de68f7c4ce46

That's interesting, the coroner thought insufficient evidence even though there was a confession, and at least 4 witnesses to SD not leaving the wharf after she'd met up with him and he returned with visible scratches on his face??!! He was charged with another murder a year later but was acquitted with a trial! Charmed life or what? He ends it all by his own hand!

I've also wanted to ask others this for a while now - do the subjudice rules differ from state to state here in Australia?? I'm asking because I've been surprised that so many photos of BRE have been posted here since his arrest, in comparison with say the Jill Meagher case, where as soon as he was arrested all images of AB seemed absolutely forbidden. And I don't mean just here on WS - everywhere online his photos were pixelated or deleted elsewhere and in the media too. So what is the difference otherwise between the two cases?
I'd say its more to do with hiding ab's prior charges. Bre seems to be cleanskin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Asking all WS'ers: what was your very first reaction to the man in the photo (BRE) who is the alleged CSK?

I don't mean your intellectual reaction eg: they got it the so-and-so.
I don't mean you secondary emotional reaction when, like possibly disgust or anger, when you realised maybe the police had their man.

I mean your very first emotional or gut reaction.........

For me, my initial intellectual thought was '"that can't be him!" while my initial emotional reaction to the man in the photo was sympathy and confusingly, a sense of likability.

And no, I'm no lover of serial killers!!!! I'm not crazy either!

I'm asking because maybe each of the victims had the same emotional/gut reaction to BRE/alleged CSK, if he is in fact the CSK???
Maybe BRE expertly hides his dark side while successfully portraying a nice, friendly, average type guy who gives off no scary vibes???
Maybe thats why 3 intelligent women possibly willingly got into the car with a stranger, or at least loitered long enough chatting with him that he could pull them into his car.

Either BRE is not the CSK or he is brilliant at disguising his dark side!!!!
Allegedly I Strangely enough 6-9months ago I took my mother to Karrakatta cemetery and this guy was walking along the road towards me (in my car) But the thing was he was looking downwards and away left. That is so unusual and I stared this person down and he looked up and grinned. I even said this is the CSK. The age and size of him. I always said if it was one person and no martial arts back ground it had to be a big man. So in regards to your question. Not as shocked. Also have you seen a pic of him at high school and look a MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214