Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quickly on age descriptions - I know from experience they can be wildly inaccurate. I was often guessed at around 30 when I was in my late teens, and I'm certainly not a large man. Now, at 28, I can get anything from early 20s to late 30s, depending on what stage of growth my facial hair is at. So I've never taken too much notice of them personally.

Subject change:

Does anyone remember a PDF posted in one of the last few threads that showed BE teaching a workshop at a training seminar? He was titled an 'Electrical Engineer' and I think it might have been for Rio Tinto. I think Paper posted it, but I cannot find it anywhere. Also, he was teaching in another state, maybe NSW.

The reason I'm asking is bc I think it would be interesting to look at the dates he was out of state, and look at what city he was in, and see if there are any assaults that match up.

There are probably more than just this one time trip out of state that we could look into.
I can confirm that Rio Tinto employs an electrical engineer that shares the same name as "our" BE but is an entirely different person.

I'm very curious about why he appears to have stopped as well. He was offending through his first relationship (marriage) so the second relationship probably wasn't what grounded him. I think perhaps he just changed his MO because he realised how close he was to being caught after Ciara Glennon was murdered. No doubt smarter if he did change his MO, far more careful in his choice of victim and in disposal.
More than likely he stopped because of CG and her daughter. He now had a family, exact same reason Dennis Radar stopped killing. While it is highly possible he never stopped killing, it is just as possible that Ciara was his last victim. I do believe that if not caught when he was that because of the break down in his relationship with CG that he may have gone on to re-offend in some way, but this is just my own opinion which is pure speculation.

I'm very curious about why he appears to have stopped as well. He was offending through his first relationship (marriage) so the second relationship probably wasn't what grounded him. I think perhaps he just changed his MO because he realised how close he was to being caught after Ciara Glennon was murdered. No doubt smarter if he did change his MO, far more careful in his choice of victim and in disposal.
IMO, Claremont got too hot, most likely, but then he would've moved onto other pastures. Maybe he bought a computer and found BDSM, swingers or dogging groups and other ways contact and meet willing girls for sex to fulfill his appetites or fantasies legitimately? The internet was in it's infancy in 97, and most of it was *advertiser censored* and hook up sites. And also, didn't the Langtrees owner start some sort of club called Hungry Girls or something about then that was reported in a press interview with Mary Anne Kenworthy? Can anyone find out when?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Was this confirmed as BRE the accused serial killer? Because Rio Tinto also employs another Bradley Edwards whom is an electrical engineer, where as "our" Bradley Edwards whom did do work for Rio Tinto on behalf of Telstra is a Telstra technician.

It wasnt BRE. I found details of the other chap on a few professional sites. I found details of him that described his qualifications,employer and area of expertise which fitted the subject matter of his presentation at the seminar/workshop and also photos of the other fellow. In keeping with the rules I will not post those details but it is 100% not the BRE in question

While my mind is not made up either way I lean more towards agreeing with Sutton's view on abduction. with a lack of evidence to suggest anything other than a blitz his history is all we have to go on, 2 of his attacks that we know of involved some method of blitz attack. I think MM & BRE being the same person is possible, but unlikely. BRE went 28 years without being caught, that isn't the track record of someone that lets crowds of people at a hotel/club/pub see his face. I personally think the only time JR met BRE was as he attacked her. of course I could be wrong but this to me seems the most logical scenario.

On another note. I'm suprised no one has brought up the fact that in the MM video when the guy sticks his head out of the door way (wearing what looks to be a white shirt) it looks as if Jane was trying to get his attention, she takes a few steps away from the post she is standing in front off and looks over in his direction.

IMO, Claremont got hot hot, most likely, but then he would've moved onto other pastures. Maybe he bought a computer and found BDSM, swingers or dogging groups and other ways contact and meet willing girls for sex to fulfill his appetites or fantasies legitimately? The internet was in it's infancy in 97, and most of it was *advertiser censored* and hook up sites. And also, didn't the Langtrees owner start some sort of club called Hungry Girls or something about then that was reported in a press interview with Mary Anne Kenworthy? Can anyone find out when?

Agree....anything you are "into" can be Indulged with a willing accomplice easily sourced online absolutely....

Tomato Lake was (don't know if its still current) dogging hot spot....The police, once they get word, patrol and "shut down" these rendezvous pretty rapidly.....The doggers just move on...exhibitionists, flashers and public masturbators are rifely attracted to the dogging scene.

Seeing as Tomato Lake is basically a stones thru from BE Kewdale house....wonder if BE partook of these activities, or or had knowlege....wonder if anyone had an encounter with him in this way and is too afraid to say so....would be interesting to shed more light on him...as I believe this is how he fulfilled his fantasies/needs/desires.

Don't think it was with prostitutes...why pay when you can have a discreet encounter/s with randoms?

I can confirm that Rio Tinto employs an electrical engineer that shares the same name as "our" BE but is an entirely different person.
One of the papers said he worked there and after a while I thought it looked less likely that he did. Media really need to check their facts before they print the story.

For lack of any other info, my personal feeling is that Claremont got too hot and he would have had to change his MO. Which would have meant changing from a proven 'perfect' crime to something risky. So I think he preferred to go out 'on top'. Plus the instant step family fed his ego, giving him a sense of authority, importance, admiration from others so there was less drive to play God with random women. But I think he would have still needed to feed his cruel side and I wouldn't be surprised if he was torturing or killing neighborhood animals.

One of the papers said he worked there and after a while I thought it looked less likely that he did. Media really need to check their facts before they print the story.
Lucky his name wasn't John Hughes, media would have been reporting he owned a car yard and directed Home Alone! Lol

With all of the (massive) recent activity, shouldn't he get his own sub-thread or something?
(I'm not sure how to describe what I'm talking about)

The current threads seem like they've been filling up a couple times per week.

More than likely he stopped because of CG and her daughter. He now had a family, exact same reason Dennis Radar stopped killing. While it is highly possible he never stopped killing, it is just as possible that Ciara was his last victim. I do believe that if not caught when he was that because of the break down in his relationship with CG that he may have gone on to re-offend in some way, but this is just my own opinion which is pure speculation.

Dennis Radar didn't stop killing after having a family though. He killed 10 people between 1974-1991. Radar married in 1971 and had 2 children.

That's why Radar doesn't fit the usual serial killer profile held up until then, he did all his killings while married and with children, he spaced the killings far apart to avoid detection and maintained a respectable reputation in his community and church within that time.

If CSK fits this profile too, well the police have a lot of work cut out for them tracking his movements since the late 1980s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Dennis Radar didn't stop killing after having a family though. He killed 10 people between 1974-1991. Radar married in 1971 and had 2 children.

That's why Radar doesn't fit the usual serial killer profile held up until then, he did all his killings while married and with children, he spaced the killings far apart to avoid detection and maintained a respectable reputation in his community and church within that time.

If CSK fits this profile too, well the police have a lot of work cut out for them tracking his movements since the late 1980s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

It's not just about having the family, it is all the activities that go along with it. Rader said that he was thinking about resuming his violent career because his children were all grown up and he was bored. Although he didn't quit as soon as he got married and had children, Dennis Radar did take a hiatus when his life become much busier due to the associated tasks involved in raising children. simply put, he no longer had as much time on his hands, which I think could be applied to BE. His role as a compliance officer would have played some part also, allowing him to give himself gratification by way of control and power.

Agree....anything you are "into" can be Indulged with a willing accomplice easily sourced online absolutely....

Tomato Lake was (don't know if its still current) dogging hot spot....The police, once they get word, patrol and "shut down" these rendezvous pretty rapidly.....The doggers just move on...exhibitionists, flashers and public masturbators are rifely attracted to the dogging scene.

Seeing as Tomato Lake is basically a stones thru from BE Kewdale house....wonder if BE partook of these activities, or or had knowlege....wonder if anyone had an encounter with him in this way and is too afraid to say so....would be interesting to shed more light on him...as I believe this is how he fulfilled his fantasies/needs/desires.

Don't think it was with prostitutes...why pay when you can have a discreet encounter/s with randoms?
Found the name of the club: Greedy Girls. Also found to my surprise a lot of photos and videos in Belmont area and Perth Generally posted by people & couples into these alternative sexual behaviours online. Because none of these sites are adequately protected from minors I won't say other than the site has the name of a small fury animal in it with a letter of the alphabet prefixing it. Someone looking vaguely like POI appears in a series of photos in an outdoor hills dogging session posted by a couple into cuckolding (a quick search brings up that they have a legitimate vehicle accessories retail business near Kewdale). A video posted by a "west Aussie *advertiser censored* company" appears to show someone vaguely resembling the POI in a dogging video at a beach location.
Unbelievable.
I'm not looking anymore. I might find my boss. LOL

It's not just about having the family, it is all the activities that go along with it. Rader said that he was thinking about resuming his violent career because his children were all grown up and he was bored. Although he didn't quit as soon as he got married and had children, Dennis Radar did take a hiatus when his life become much busier due to the associated tasks involved in raising children. simply put, he no longer had as much time on his hands, which I think could be applied to BE.

I don't want to stress the point but Radar's killing started AFTER he was married, He killed 4 of the Otero family and Kathryn Bright before his daughter was born. Maybe you're confused with someone else.

This is OT, but interesting that CSK could fit this profile. Maybe the stresses of marriage and family life actually compels him to pursue his grotesque fantasies while someone like Ivan Milat, committed his atrocities when a relationship broke down. JMO

If his details are to be believed he did not join ebay until 2005, not only that ebay was only founded in 1995 and at the beginning was designed to trade pez dispensers..it would be highly unlikely that any quantity of goods were available in australia. I joined beginning of 1999 and i am not sure that there was even an aussie site then. So I think that there is little significance.

<modsnip>I am suggesting that he now&#8203; maintains an interest in photography.

Did anyone have any luck confirming if BE and his father are the same as the 2 namesakes involved with gymnastics Australia?

Did anyone have any luck confirming if BE and his father are the same as the 2 namesakes involved with gymnastics Australia?
I responded previously that I had followed that up and it appears to be someone else. Now over east. Someone else might want to check the facts as well.

For lack of any other info, my personal feeling is that Claremont got too hot and he would have had to change his MO. Which would have meant changing from a proven 'perfect' crime to something risky. So I think he preferred to go out 'on top'. Plus the instant step family fed his ego, giving him a sense of authority, importance, admiration from others so there was less drive to play God with random women. But I think he would have still needed to feed his cruel side and I wouldn't be surprised if he was torturing or killing neighborhood animals.

There was also the user on here who suggested he was in Kalgoorlie on a Telstra job with BRE when a woman went missing.

Serial killer in a small town and a young woman disappears, coincidence??

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if it is possible for WAPOL to publish photo when the accused was younger (footy photo cropped to head and shoulders?) or would that be sub judice? As the crimes were committed so long ago wouldn't it be of value for general public to see how different he looked then, might bring people out of the woodwork who knew him then and have a story to tell of an attack/confirmation of him being at a certain location etc.? And also, on the previous posts of married with kids stopping these perverted people, my ex boss was happily committing cruel rapes, drugging and torture of child whilst married with 2 kids around the same age as the girl he repeatedly raped, then coming into work to run a Christian organisation. Seems these "types" can compartmentalise quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur