Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, not horrible at all. I dont think anyone has made judgement. Its expected, even from a step daughter.
I take a mother to see her sons on prison. Multiple armed robberies from drug debts.
I certainly have no hatred for the alleged.
Hoping they have the right person who is removed from the public arena and made the community safe.
No judgements made here either. I've had more than fair share of time spent on prison vists in three states for various reasons. One of my best friends is a senior cop whose nephew is in jail for murder and he visits, it happens and it can happen to any family.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

No judgements made here either. I've had more than fair share of time spent on prison vists in three states for various reasons. One of my best friends is a senior cop whose nephew is in jail for murder and he visits, it happens and it can happen to any family.

As a practicing Christian, l would expect his SD to visit. Jesus was clear on this. I expect his wife will also in time.

Being a priest he probably had no assets and the occasional holiday every few years.
He must have known his time was coming.
Gladly a lot of what happened in the 70s has now changed in regards institutional policy on dealing with predators.But we digress. Looks like another 8 weeks before the possibility of a plea and even then, there is the chance another 8 weeks remand to collate evidence without a plea.
Well I'm glad that you eventually got the chance to testify even if the animal died before facing his punishment.

If the bloke has raped the woman he clearly has access to her property/bag/name. The victim was likely miffed because of the further distress caused by the phone call. Its a very long bow to draw that the alleged rapist had access to databases etc. The logical explanation is that he saw/stole some ID from the victim

It could be a fantasist. I gather she rang the papers, also

I feel so much for this young woman, her world would be ripped apart, certainly its not a case of sins of the father to be blamed on her, it puts a lot of pressure on her, maybe pressure on her social circle who may feel they have to take "sides" "take a stand" leaving her without a support base.
There are some things the media don't need to report and I personally feel this is one of those times.

Me too. I dare say it would be easier to deny the reality the confront it in this situation.

Being a priest he probably had no assets and the occasional holiday every few years.
He must have known his time was coming.
Gladly a lot of what happened in the 70s has now changed in regards institutional policy on dealing with predators.But we digress. Looks like another 8 weeks before the possibility of a plea and even then, there is the chance another 8 weeks remand to collate evidence without a plea.

'70's??

A beer buddy of mine explained that he works/worked with BRE at Telstra on the same floor in Northbridge. A very 'private' person. Had a cubicle (not an office) on one wing of the floor (beer buddy on other wing). Plod seized everything right down to the stapler near his cubicle the morning of his arrest. BRE was a technician, out on the road, but in recent years he had moved up in the organisation and no longer on the road. Says he thought he was an 'engineer' these days. Beer buddy is no embellisher.

As a practicing Christian, l would expect his SD to visit. Jesus was clear on this. I expect his wife will also in time.

Oh dear!

Relevant to SD, public facebook posts indicate she's a practicing Christian. I wasn't proselytising although l have read the bible, vast tracts of the Quran, the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, the Celestine Prophecy and the Hobbit.

Relevant to SD, public facebook posts indicate she's a practicing Christian. I wasn't proselytising although l have read the bible, vast tracts of the Quran, the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, the Celestine Prophecy and the Hobbit.

Ah ah!

I don't mean to make fun of your beliefs, but 'The Hobbit' and 'The Celestine Prophecy' are works of fiction, er, not like the others ...

Me too. I dare say it would be easier to deny the reality the confront it in this situation.
It's horrifying, denial's probably understandable. I think there's likely a lot of that going on among his friends, family even at the club. He's been in a trusted positions for a long time.

"It's easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled." Mark Twain l think.

I don't mean to make fun of your beliefs, but 'The Hobbit' and 'The Celestine Prophecy' are works of fiction, er, not like the others ...
Although many people put them all in the same category of fiction. But if Shovellee believes they are all non fiction then that is ok as well.

I realise that .. was joking. Not religious, a bibliophile with over 4000 books in my spare room/library. I read everything incl scripture

Although many people put them all in the same category of fiction. But if Shovellee believes they are all non fiction then that is ok as well.
Pay attention Grooky. I was joking. Do l have to start using smiley stickers?

Everybody is different and unless you have been in those shoes (grown up as the child of accused double murderer and rapists) it would be hard to empathize. Some may never forgive (Ala Burnie's son) yet others may stand by them through very thick and thin. Who knows perhaps BRE is even in denial and she believes him. Not all the evidence has been presented aside from a few media snippets on a kimono. How the crimes are linked is still uncertain as initially the word was the bodies were too decomposed to obtain DNA. I.E if you were of that age and it was your dad do you never see them again? Or do you stand by at least until proven and sentencing? I also really feel for VG in this case as I do all the victims even more so.

I wonder if that is what he studied at university and failed? Electrical engineering?
Curtain University?
Do we know for sure he failed at Uni? I have heard that before but haven't seen it reported, I don't think?

Just going to put this out here without wanting to steer this away from anything else. There's been some speculation about where all BRE's money is going. <modsnip> and with new information supplied by moustachio, BRE has moved up with Telstra. Pay rise likely. We speculated gambling, pricey hobbies, saving up for the QC he might need when he gets busted etc. and lm sure the police will be forensically auditing all his accounts but ... how about blackmail? That's my contrbution for the evening.... you're welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member