Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was said about 5 pages back, not long after it posted. Although the bottom one appears an armature.

Yes, I am aware of that. I speculated that it was a phone wiring diagram and was correcting my mistake. I also provided an illustration to confirm it. I apologise if this has caused you offence......sigh

And botht he victim and the police were wondering how he got her contact details.
So you would presume the rapist had neither, or the logical thing would be police and the victim would presume the perpetrator had means to contact her from the event via it being at her house, or he took her bag.

If the bloke has raped the woman he clearly has access to her property/bag/name. The victim was likely miffed because of the further distress caused by the phone call. Its a very long bow to draw that the alleged rapist had access to databases etc. The logical explanation is that he saw/stole some ID from the victim

And botht he victim and the police were wondering how he got her contact details.
So you would presume the rapist had neither, or the logical thing would be police and the victim would presume the perpetrator had means to contact her from the event via it being at her house, or he took her bag.
Or, he'd previously done a Telstra job at the residential address at some point in time in the past. And kept his eye on her.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If the bloke has raped the woman he clearly has access to her property/bag/name. The victim was likely miffed because of the further distress caused by the phone call. Its a very long bow to draw that the alleged rapist had access to databases etc. The logical explanation is that he saw/stole some ID from the victim

or stalked her home after raping her and then looked up her address on a telephony database and made his telephone call. he was letting her know he knew where she lived that is my opinion as to why he made the call.

Im really not sure what you are trying to say. My view would be that if the assault took place in the victims home, then obviously the offender knew the address and would have access to the victims identity. If the assault took place away from the victims residence, the victim would have been carrying a bag or wallet etc. It follows that the offender would have had access to identifying material within the bag/wallet. So now we have established that whatever the circumstance, the offender now knows the 1/ Name of the victim. 2/ Address of the victim. The simple next step is to look in the White Pages and match the name and address to a phone number. No need for reverse lookups or James Bond style databases or secret Telstra Apps to search the victim out. Its not really that complicated

Claremont serial killings: Accused man Bradley Edwards in second court appearance
By Joanna Menagh
Updated 20 minutes ago

Edwards appeared in the Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court this morning, in front of Magistrate Jan Whitbread via video link from Hakea prison.
He sat quietly, showing no emotion, but often twitched his fingers.
Edwards was wearing a green shirt and glasses.

There were more than 30 people in the public gallery, some there simply out of interest for the case that shocked the community.

Edwards did not enter pleas to the charges against him.

(Next court appearance, 29 March)

Well we know the ID was found later, after door knocking in the area a long time later, not an uncommon trick of control style rapists to get the home address and name, then use said information to ensure compliance.

Unfortunatley the person who found the ID of the victim in the park where she was abducted didn't put 2 and 2 togeather, another great reason fo those big vans to sit where the crime was committed for a week or so to get people who live under rocks to come foward.

Im really not sure what you are trying to say. My view would be that if the assault took place in the victims home, then obviously the offender knew the address and would have access to the victims identity. If the assault took place away from the victims residence, the victim would have been carrying a bag or wallet etc. It follows that the offender would have had access to identifying material within the bag/wallet. So now we have established that whatever the circumstance, the offender now knows the 1/ Name of the victim. 2/ Address of the victim. The simple next step is to look in the White Pages and match the name and address to a phone number. No need for reverse lookups or James Bond style databases or secret Telstra Apps to search the victim out. Its not really that complicated

I think this sexual assault could have been the Stirling Road /Gugeri Street victim adjacent to the subway. The woman was pulled out of her vehicle and sexually assaulted. That occurred in 1994 so the timeline fits with the details in the postnewspaper article ie prior to 1995 Karrakatta rape.

Newspapers were reporting the subway sexual assault in 1996 and 1997 so there must have been a report made to police.

And I believe the recent postnewspaper article that is being discussed re the sexual assault / phone call has not referred to the terrible incident as rape but sexual assault. The Davies Road incident was rape so it will not be that terrible event being referred to imo.

I'd really like to see some of his photography and film!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. For love of photography there isn't much on show, wonder if they have a dedicated Page somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Without a surname it is a million addresses to look at. Its not that simple.

You can presume that the sexual assault didnt occur in the home, or th answer would be logical to both victim and police.

If police and victim don't know how he may find her phone number, which could have also been 'private' then there cn be some assumption the perp had neither but would have had to go through a million addresses in the phone book to find the name.

If it was at the victims house, it wouldn't have made the news.

That is quite a task, days even. Unless they had access to a newly developed Telstra CRM.

We dont even know which crime it was. Are you talking about the Rowe park rape?
No evidence of ID here being found after the crime? How did finding ID come into this?

post_karrakatta_phoned_taunted.jpg

21/1/2017
The Post - Nedlands

Well we know the ID was found later, after door knocking in the area a long time later, not an uncommon trick of control style rapists to get the home address and name, then use said information to ensure compliance.

Unfortunatley the person who found the ID of the victim in the park where she was abducted didn't put 2 and 2 togeather, another great reason fo those big vans to sit where the crime was committed for a week or so to get people who live under rocks to come foward.

Without a surname it is a million addresses to look at. Its not that simple.

You can presume that the sexual assault didnt occur in the home, or th answer would be logical to both victim and police.

If police and victim don't know how he may find her phone number, which could have also been 'private' then there cn be some assumption the perp had neither but would have had to go through a million addresses in the phone book to find the name.

If it was at the victims house, it wouldn't have made the news.

That is quite a task, days even. Unless they had access to a newly developed Telstra CRM.

Mate...If the assault occurred outside the home then the offender had access to the victims identity via bag/wallet etc. As stated previously its not uncommon for offenders to intimidate victims by accessing identity documents /cards/licences etc then using the "I know where you live" line. I'm tired of trying to explain such a simple concept. If you want to make it complicated, go your hardest. I surrender

extract >... Its a very long bow to draw that the alleged rapist had access to databases etc. The logical explanation is that he saw/stole some ID from the victim

i agree, it didn't need to be hi-tech ...just having a name would make referring to the white pages for a phone number as easy as abc✔️
If the attack involved some pre or post stalking, it could be as uncomplicated as having gleaned a name from unshredded documents discarded in the trash can, or from a letter taken from her mailbox (this happened to SiK)
But if this victim's "menacing call report" was following the home invasion attack, the theory of intruder having noted the number written on the actual telephone itself, i think is the strongest possibility.
I also remember - back in those days - that if you dialled "199" a recorded message would quote you the number you were dialling from.

There has been previous mention and theories as to the offender(s) choosing to not be seen or heard (ie covering the face & remaining silent throughout assault(s).
To me the most obvious lkely reason for that is - that by some walk of life/ in some capacity - they were already known to the victim, and this is another method by which victim's phone number may have been accessed.

Then again, anyone employed in a position requiring to sight another's ID (eg. LE, bouncers, purchasing alcohol, credit etc ...the list is endless) could have memorised & subsequently stalked/searched a name in the white pages.
for all we know, the perp may have been standing behind her in the queue if&when she joined up at eg. the public library
I have previously given my personal advice on situations requiring to produce one's ID - that it should always be done most discreetly to avoid onlookers, and when asked to recite personal details, better to provide them by written means (eg. ID or business card) rather than verbally, to prevent those within cooee from becoming privy!

[emoji887]

ADMIN NOTE: DO NOT post a social media or website link unless you are positive it belongs to the perp or victim. Doing so is potentially harmful to innocent bystanders.

I don't normally post, but will say how pathetic to write about his daughter visiting him like duh, he is, after all, a father to the poor girl and the media should just leave her alone as this is so hard for her right now!!

I agree, but it is in MSM. Members have hinted about it, so it's better to have confirmation than continuous idle speculation. HOWEVER, I reiterate, the article does not make it open season on the stepdaughter. ONLY discussion of what MSM has reported is allowed. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj