Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the next court proceedings a couple of months away, endeavours will undoubtedly continue to find anything at all that could be substantial evidence - Anything potentially linking the crimes allegedly committed by the accused with the presumed murder of SS and possibly others, such as KT.

If we assume that there will never be any confessions to the crimes by the accused (let-alone any others), perhaps it's worth examining the most promising avenue in terms of getting new leads, if indeed there even is a more promising avenue.

For instance, are there any theories about the locations of the discovered bodies that can not be ruled out as reaching crackpot theories? I'm trying to view the facts as objectively as possible, however I can't help but find it compelling that JR was discovered almost exactly due south of the GPO, whilst drawing a straight line between the JR and CG sites passes directly through the middle of The Claremont (Continental).

On the other hand, to play down any apparent significance of this, I drew a line between the Fountain Way property and The Claremont Hotel to see where it crossed. The line passes directly through the middle of a separate location of personal significance to me (i.e. a house that a family member of mine used to live in). In other words, if you take any straight line, the longer the line the more likely it is that it will pass through other specific locations.

Can we safely rule out (no pun intended) any significance of the locations in relation to compass bearings etc., seeing that it's a statistical probability that any two points separated by 'busy' space such as a metropolitan area are bound to intersect with at least one location of interest with a fair likeliness?

Just going to put this out here without wanting to steer this away from anything else. There's been some speculation about where all BRE's money is going. <modsnip> and with new information supplied by moustachio, BRE has moved up with Telstra. Pay rise likely. We speculated gambling, pricey hobbies, saving up for the QC he might need when he gets busted etc. and lm sure the police will be forensically auditing all his accounts but ... how about blackmail? That's my contrbution for the evening.... you're welcome

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I am just SO excited about where you are going with this. Where do you think blackmail comes into it?

With the next court proceedings a couple of months away, endeavours will undoubtedly continue to find anything at all that could be substantial evidence - Anything potentially linking the crimes allegedly committed by the accused with the presumed murder of SS and possibly others, such as KT.

If we assume that there will never be any confessions to the crimes by the accused (let-alone any others), perhaps it's worth examining the most promising avenue in terms of getting new leads, if indeed there even is a more promising avenue.

For instance, are there any theories about the locations of the discovered bodies that can not be ruled out as reaching crackpot theories? I'm trying to view the facts as objectively as possible, however I can't help but find it compelling that JR was discovered almost exactly due south of the GPO, whilst drawing a straight line between the JR and CG sites passes directly through the middle of The Claremont (Continental).

On the other hand, to play down any apparent significance of this, I drew a line between the Fountain Way property and The Claremont Hotel to see where it crossed. The line passes directly through the middle of a separate location of personal significance to me (i.e. a house that a family member of mine used to live in). In other words, if you take any straight line, the longer the line the more likely it is that it will pass through other specific locations.

Can we safely rule out (no pun intended) any significance of the locations in relation to compass bearings etc., seeing that it's a statistical probability that any two points separated by 'busy' space such as a metropolitan area are bound to intersect with at least one location of interest with a fair likeliness?
I agree, anything that might be useful before the committal would be great.

I am just SO excited about where you are going with this. Where do you think blackmail comes into it?

This is an interesting thought, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't any kind of blackmail illegal, even if a hypothetical person being blackmailed was thought by the supposed blackmailer to have done terrible things? What I mean to say is that, if and when the truth comes out in the wash, wouldn't a blackmailer be implicated by his/her own wrongdoings also?

Not safely IMO. WA is a big state- the likelihood of said line intersecting not just the hotel, but the exact middle of the hotel in act of random disregard, would be less likely than winning 1 st div lotto 2 weeks in a row IMO.

There was a website for Australian GPS/enthusiasts users with his email address on it with a reference to Huntingdale. You can find it via googling or somewhere within this massive thread.

So I wouldn't rule out anything to do with body locations since he was a keen GPS plotter/enthusiast.

As a practicing Christian, l would expect his SD to visit. Jesus was clear on this. I expect his wife will also in time.

Personally, I don't expect his ex-wife to. I think it is quite possible her experience of the accused may significantly differ from the SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting thought, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't any kind of blackmail illegal, even if a hypothetical person being blackmailed was thought by the supposed blackmailer to have done terrible things? What I mean to say is that, if and when the truth comes out in the wash, wouldn't a blackmailer be implicated by his/her own wrongdoings also?
It was just a thought. Speculation as to another very slim granted, possibility. As an example only .. (same as an ongoing situation lve recently been told about) Someone in the family, a sibling perhaps has seen something. The sibling is a bit wild, bigmouth esp on facebook. The threats to 'tell' dont have to be overt. The sibling is into the brother every few weeks asking for money, its been going on for years. And when he doesnt get his way he starts blogging or ranting on facebook.

That's awesome. So that must mean they damning evidence against him. Well 2 out if 3 family's will get closure hopefully he breaks and gives up SS body so the third family can Bury there loved one knowing justice has been served.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If so - why the adjournment - why not admit now (is this a legal thing?)

There was a website for Australian GPS/enthusiasts users with his email address on it with a reference to Huntingdale. You can find it via googling or somewhere within this massive thread.

So I wouldn't rule out anything to do with body locations since he was a keen GPS plotter/enthusiast.

I forgot all about the possible GPS activity by the accused, thanks for reminding me. I believe that I found the post you were referring to (Thread #8, post # 549 by rati0nal). Has anyone verified whether the email address on the GPS site is associated with the accused? I'm reluctant to post the address here directly in case it belonged to someone else. If it was an email address used by the accused, it lends a lot of weight to him having an interest in maps and navigation at the very least. Perhaps he has previously partaken in geocaching hides/hunts.

What kind of GPS units were commercially available in '96-'97; Did such GPS units (Or computer software of the time) have capabilities such as measuring between chosen points, placing custom waypoints etc?

Agreed. The News story I read the defence council will get all documents from prosecutors and then wait to be advised by client. Maybe the evidence the documents means he won't win as the case is too strong so he may of been advised to plead guilty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...t/news-story/e97f280949906fa1c8d1a8488df9b894

"She said the adjournment was necessary to allow prosecutors to provide documents to Mr Edwards' lawyers and to allow his lawyers to take instructions from him."

Personally, I don't expect his ex-wife to. I think it is quite possible her experience of the accused may significantly differ from the SD.

True that. I don't envy his family, it must be like torture for them. If he has intentions of pleading guilty that will spare his victims families a brutal trial And his from knowing what he's been hiding from them.

True that. I don't envy his family, it must be like torture for them. If he has intentions of pleading guilty that will spare his victims families a brutal trial And his from knowing what he's been hiding from them.

And probably more important to him if he pleads guilty, no trial no evidence for SD to hear straight to a sentencing hearing

extorted expenditure - a new slant; very interesting theory. any such extorter would surely be found complicit.

guilt by own admission? a guilty plea would leave many questions unanswered
but no source quoted, so just someone's word on good authority ...therefore, as yet, ALL hearsay and speculated circumstance... the accused isn't guilty until the court decides that's the case. not wanting to jeopardise matters, leave it out!
[emoji887]

If the accused was to be guilty, I think it is possible that his ex-wife's experience of the accused might not leave her so terribly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members