Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes agree this is a possibility, however there is no mention of anyone else on the FB post, no photos either of anyone else. there is only one photo of SD on bridge overlooking Mundaring Weir. Considering SD's age group, I would imagine, there would vey likely be pics of friends or tagging of friends, relatives etc.

I assume the conjecture over whether he was on the trip to mundaring is related to this being a possible SS site. I think it's a long shot. Not that we are sure but it seems that the killings may have stopped when he met his wife and became a step father. From what I've seen in his strong relationship with his SD it's quite possible he'd want her as far away and shielded from what he is alleged to have done in the past. It's possible SS is in that area for sure but don't think him going on a trip up there with family is a strong indicator one way or another.

I assume the conjecture over whether he was on the trip to mundaring is related to this being a possible SS site. I think it's a long shot. Not that we are sure but it seems that the killings may have stopped when he met his wife and became a step father. From what I've seen in his strong relationship with his SD it's quite possible he'd want her as far away and shielded from what he is alleged to have done in the past. It's possible SS is in that area for sure but don't think him going on a trip up there with family is a strong indicator one way or another.
Personally I think that BE was on the trip and visiting old sites, however happy that there is a debate going on :).

One last point on the subject of the Mundaring Weir post - the following was written on FB directly after the photos:

[FONT=&amp]"I met an old lady yesterday as driving up the hills, she was telling mum and I that she was on holidays five years ago, by herself in a hostel and the owner passed away and the owners husband left the keys on the table and said "I'm off" and she's been staying there ever since. She was nice".[/FONT]

One last point on the subject of the Mundaring Weir post - the following was written on FB directly after the photos:

[FONT=&amp]"I met an old lady yesterday as driving up the hills, she was telling mum and I that she was on holidays five years ago, by herself in a hostel and the owner passed away and the owners husband left the keys on the table and said "I'm off" and she's been staying there ever since. She was nice".[/FONT]

So there's an old girl effectively squatting up mundaring way... cheap rent if you can get it.

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/pest-mammals/feral-pigs

All though it is not a nice concept, it does not appear to have been discussed.

The hills of Perth are teaming with feral pigs, they are veracious eaters and would easily devour a human over night. They eat the entire body leaving only the teeth. In the late 80,s I spent the day with the Water Authority pig catcher , he was employed full time to manage the population in the mundaring catchment.

There numbers have increased since that time as have there spread.

We've discussed the possibility of foxes and rats before....now feral pigs (great add btw)......and can I further add - FERAL CATS!

Besides decomposition there are the animals.....

And Considering Sarah went missing in January the heat would've fast tracked any decomposition if she was left to rest out in the open.

We've discussed the possibility of foxes and rats before....now feral pigs (great add btw)......and can I further add - FERAL CATS!

Besides decomposition there are the animals.....

And Considering Sarah went missing in January the heat would've fast tracked any decomposition if she was left to rest out in the open.

In the past there was someone who mentioned that SS was in water - would like to think this is the case - safely away from all the animals - gently resting.

I come from a family that includes 3 sisters - my mother and all my sisters would never consider going on bush trip with just the girls. I just don't believe that SD and BE wife would go on a trip to Mundaring on own.

EDIT: Further to add - some people do separate and remain friends.

I know plenty of women who are capable drivers and 4WD'ers who wouldn't think twice about going on just a girls trip to places like Mundaring/Kalamunda bush.

Plus there seems to be 2 (or even more) vehicles. CGE and SD in one vehicle, and either BRE or some other friends in 2nd vehicle.

And please don't be offended - but 'Mundaring' is hardly 'going bush'. Compared to some of the terrain we have across our beautiful state, IMO Mundaring roads are not difficult terrain. Or am I missing something about Mundaring that only Mundaring locals know???? Some other safety issue??

I know plenty of women who are capable drivers and 4WD'ers who wouldn't think twice about going on just a girls trip to places like Mundaring/Kalamunda bush.

Plus there seems to be 2 (or even more) vehicles. CGE and SD in one vehicle, and either BRE or some other friends in 2nd vehicle.

And please don't be offended - but 'Mundaring' is hardly 'going bush'. Compared to some of the terrain we have across our beautiful state, IMO Mundaring roads are not difficult terrain. Or am I missing something about Mundaring that only Mundaring locals know???? Some other safety issue??
I am just trying to make the point that I believe BRE was on the trip - there is no mention of friends, only Mother, does not fit. No safety issues that I know of.

You are a hard bunch tonight!!!

Hi. I've been lurking for a while and have decided to post a couple of theories. .
Sorry if the post is a tad long.
On the location of SS body: Could it be near CG's site? You could reason either way. Either because he wanted the body found or because he didn't.
Possibly he put her there because he DIDN'T want her found and after JR was discovered in Wellard, he put CG near SS thinking she would not be found either.
Or, he DID want the body found to get the recognition and decided to put CG near SS (possibly in a more discoverable position than SS originally) in the hopes that if they found CG, SS discovery would also be made. Just my thoughts.
Secondly, an opinion of mine on the killings (presuming the accused stopped at CG and did not kill after).
There's been quite a few statements about CG being quite fiesty and strongwilled. In Debi Marshall's book, a statement was made that CG would have 'fought like a caged tiger'. SS and JR haven't come across in the coverage as fiesty or strong willed as CG.
It makes me wonder whether something happened with CG that scared the CSK. Perhaps she fought back so hard it spooked him, or made him change his MO? Perhaps the killing stopped not just because of relationships and his general life, but because he lost control of the situation with CG and did not want to be in that position, or make the same mistake again.
All speculation, theories and opinion on my part.

Hi. I've been lurking for a while and have decided to post a couple of theories. .
Sorry if the post is a tad long.
On the location of SS body: Could it be near CG's site? You could reason either way. Either because he wanted the body found or because he didn't.
Possibly he put her there because he DIDN'T want her found and after JR was discovered in Wellard, he put CG near SS thinking she would not be found either.
Or, he DID want the body found to get the recognition and decided to put CG near SS (possibly in a more discoverable position than SS originally) in the hopes that if they found CG, SS discovery would also be made. Just my thoughts.
Secondly, an opinion of mine on the killings (presuming the accused stopped at CG and did not kill after).
There's been quite a few statements about CG being quite fiesty and strongwilled. In Debi Marshall's book, a statement was made that CG would have 'fought like a caged tiger'. SS and JR haven't come across in the coverage as fiesty or strong willed as CG.
It makes me wonder whether something happened with CG that scared the CSK. Perhaps she fought back so hard it spooked him, or made him change his MO? Perhaps the killing stopped not just because of relationships and his general life, but because he lost control of the situation with CG and did not want to be in that position, or make the same mistake again.
All speculation, theories and opinion on my part.

I agree about Ciara. Maybe her abduction was different some how ?
Plenty of reports on her personality and character, but not much on Sarah and Jane and their personalities/characters.

Maybe Ciara was not the right one?
Maybe CSK had another victim chosen and Ciara was mistaken for the other chosen one???
All speculation and wild cerebral ramblings .....

Call me Spooky - but I went for a quick drive from Rowe park to Karrakatta Cemetery today. For non-locals there are many vehicle access points into the cemetery and cars can freely drive right through the cemetery amongst and around the graved sections. Most of the entry points are gated, and probably closed and locked at night, but I can't recall whether gates existed in the 90's.
Today I imagined I was retracing the perp's route and I tried to imagine the scene as if it was 1995.

Anybody know the exact location of the KK crime within the cemetery boundary?

Here are some RANDOM pics of the eastern end of the cemetery (none of the graves shown are associated or implicated in the crime) and the bush section located between the cemetery and Hollywood Hospital to where the victim escaped.

EDIT: This particular end of the cemetery near Smyth Rd has many unkempt graves from the 40's and 50's

0712fff7f348e2fb39f917ae3a6db02d.jpg

9e3bdadcff9d3e82dd602025193ee24f.jpg

bcfca415c372d30cb3da20485778a055.jpg

178fb8ab1ebef3bc638390524bf4b1f3.jpg

9f0f076fe7650d956c82a39daabd02c4.jpg

So those pics are of two different vehicles, are they not? The colours and the body shape are different.

My husband seems to think that the first shot is of some unusual, all-terrain adventure vehicle (can you tell I have no idea what they're called?!).

Why would there be two vehicles?

I got the impression looking at the pics on SD fb of that trip (aside from feeling a bit creeped out) that it was some kind of group day trip. Maybe a few people on it? The creamy 4WD looks like a bit like a brothers Range Rover but this one here appears as if it could be kitted out professionally with all the safety gear.

It's a popular place for 4 wheeling: http://www.4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com/mundaring-weir.html

I do think Sarah (if not Sarah then another) is possibly 17 - 19kms from Mundaring Exchange. That COULD place her around the Weir but I don't think he would have had enough time in the dead of night to traverse those trails and get out safely .... unless he was camping in there. Sarah went missing around 2.00am, sunrise on that day was at 5.36am, that's a window of only 3 1/2 hours. It seems to be a bit safer terrain between the Great Eastern Freeway and Powerline Run, which is also popular for 4 wheelers but more difficult and within the 17 - 19km. Star on the map is off the Great Eastern, arrow is Powerline Run.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sarah1.png
    sarah1.png
    701.3 KB · Views: 280
I got the impression looking at the pics on SD fb of that trip (aside from feeling a bit creeped out) that it was some kind of group day trip. Maybe a few people on it? The creamy 4WD looks like a bit like a brothers Range Rover but this one here appears as if it could be kitted out professionally with all the safety gear.

It's a popular place for 4 wheeling: http://www.4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com/mundaring-weir.html

I do think Sarah (if not Sarah then another) is possibly 17 - 19kms from Mundaring Exchange. That COULD place her around the Weir but I don't think he would have had enough time in the dead of night to traverse those trails and get out safely .... unless he was camping in there. Sarah went missing around 2.00am, sunrise on that day was at 5.36am, that's a window of only 3 1/2 hours. It seems to be a bit safer terrain between the Great Eastern Freeway and Powerline Run, which is also popular for 4 wheelers but more difficult and within the 17 - 19km. Star on the map is off the Great Eastern, arrow is Powerline Run.
attachment.php

I agree Mt Dale is a good guess and accessible by 2WD?

Someone recently mentioned Rayney and Kings Park. Was there any truth in PW owning the house she lived in?
Is it possible we have several rapists/murderers working the same area?
the 94 taxi attack with the guy in the back doesn't fit with BRE. If we acknowledge a second person/persons of interest then is there a chance SS was their victim and BRE came along after drawn by the attention?

For BRE I believe we may need to focus on when he wasn't in a relationship, as it is possible he stopped while in relationships as his sexual needs were fulfilled. Some reports say he doesn't start dating his second wife until early 2000. Would be nice to have more accurate dates for all his relationships to see if all his attacks are while single.
There are three missing persons that fit around the late 90s that I think could be linked to BRE
22/6/97 Peta Weber taken while fishing in Albany, we know BRE enjoyed fishing, could have been a spur of the moment thing.
10/11/98 Lisa Brown Perth
8/10/99 Lisa Govern Kalgoorlie, purely based on appearance, no evidence he was there during her disappearance.

<modsnip>

you know what bugs me - why would Sarah walk all the way to Stirling Road to call a taxi. Surely back in 1996 there were closer public phone booths?
And usually clubs and pubs often would call a taxi for you, or have a 'free' direct line phone you could use to call cabs.
The Stirling Road end of Claremont was usually very quiet with no foot traffic, and only the odd car passing through at 2am.
Doesn't make sense that Sarah would walk so far away from inner Claremont and be all by herself on a remote street while calling a cab.....
I know there are witness reports. But still I'm confused.

i can understand Ciara legging it along the highway to catch a cab. But Sarah in Stirling Road. does not compute.

Hey did the extra camera surveillance in the Claremont streets get mounted before or after Jane went missing?

i can understand Ciara legging it along the highway to catch a cab. But Sarah in Stirling Road. does not compute.

Maybe she felt safer away from inner Claremont. Someone could have been annoying her that night close to CBV or the Conti.

(snip)

For BRE I believe we may need to focus on when he wasn't in a relationship, as it is possible he stopped while in relationships as his sexual needs were fulfilled. Some reports say he doesn't start dating his second wife until early 2000. Would be nice to have more accurate dates for all his relationships to see if all his attacks are while single.

I think being in a relationship has less to do with basic sexual needs being met & the fact that people in relationships are accountable for their time in a way that they don't have to be when single. "Having his sexual needs fulfilled" makes it sounds like the only thing stopping him from killing is getting his end away regularly. I think people use that idea as a shortcut to the way that men often have their emotions managed & modulated by their partners who do that emotional labour for them in relationships, which means their urges to commit crimes are lessened... until/unless there are issues/a break up when stress can be a factor in driving their urges up again.

<modsnip>

Maybe she felt safer away from inner Claremont. Someone could have been annoying her that night close to CBV or the Conti.

True there were always drunk people around. And somebody may have been hassling Sarah.
But I thought a woman would feel safer around lots of drunk people nearby to a club compared to standing alone on a quiet street??

How confident were the witnesses that it was actually Sarah ? Or did they say it was somebody who looked like Sarah that they saw in Stirling Road?

Maybe BRE rented another property in Perth during 1996-1997 that he keep secret somehow????
Or BRE had access to another property, residential or commercial, through a friend, accomplice, or maybe the accused stole some keys and helped himself!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member