Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CV....cheers for your message & Bravery ;-)

Hi Adrianna - Australia Day 1996 fell on the Fri which is what I meant by falling early on the Australia Day weekend. SS was celebrating with her friends first at the OBH and then the Conti.

Hi Adrianna - Australia Day 1996 fell on the Fri which is what I meant by falling early on the Australia Day weekend. SS was celebrating with her friends first at the OBH and then the Conti.

And that is the night you said the Speedway was on? Jan 26th 1996?

Hi Apple Pie - read your link about the fireworks being on on the Sunday 28 Jan. A lot of people still celebrated on the day itself. SS and friends were said to be some of the people doing so.IMO

If too many WS'ers just read without posting, then there won't be much to read.
Just saying. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

These last few days have been much more interesting here with more people contributing. Please continue [emoji2][emoji368]

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

From what I'm reading, the fireworks were held the day after (28th).

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....works-show-to-be-held-Sunday,-January-28.aspx

Some places do put on a few fireworks at the end of a special evening. Like some of the shires or I think the Cannington Dogs. It was me who suggested they might have had some fireworks at the Speedway, being it was Australia Day. Thank you Annalise for sharing your story, it must have been a terrible time for you. CV

I just want to know if Annalise thinks there was a speedway event on the night of the 26th? Like with cars racing around the tracks?

I have the programs from 1996, so already know the dates it was on!

Adrianna,

Many thanks for the post. I've had a look at a Claremont Speedway newspaper article which advised the championships were held on 19 Jan 1996. Could you please provide a copy of that program for 1996. I've quoted that 26/01/1996 was a speedway night. If I'm wrong, I'll need to get Admin to retract my post. I don't want to mislead anyone Many thanks.

Wouldn't it be a coincidence if SS and JR ate at the French restaurant too - or maybe they worked there or one of their friends did ???
The mind boggles with possibilities.

I haven't checked the maths on their ages and when the restaurant closed.....
Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

"They operated a popular French restaurant La Petite Cabine at 616 Stirling Highway in Mosman Park between 1985 and June 1994."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

I would be guessing that SS would might have been a bit young to be known at a restaurant given she would have been 16 and a boarding school student when it closed. I thought of the possibility as she had requested a taxi to Mosman Park (from the Criminal Investigation Australia hayleyjane one that has been posted).

Boarders at a school are provided meals and are generally only given day release under supervision of an agreed adult/s on weekends.

Adrianna,

Many thanks for the post. I've had a look at a Claremont Speedway newspaper article which advised the championships were held on 19 Jan 1996. Could you please provide a copy of that program for 1996. I've quoted that 26/01/1996 was a speedway night. If I'm wrong, I'll need to get Admin to retract my post. I don't want to mislead anyone Many thanks.
Probably remembering the constant barrage of TV ads for Claremont Speedway that always ended with the phrase: Friday night is speedway night!

https://youtu.be/UEoAWyA96wc

So it'd be easy to get the night wrong if it was on a different night, which on special occasions it was in the last year or so before it moved to Kwinana.

https://youtu.be/QSrtLy-uKKk

PS: 1 of my late uncles rode in sidecars at Claremont in early 60's. He took me along in the 70's for a number of Friday nights, but my aunty put the kibosh on going again after a wheel came off a car and went over the barrier fence killing a spectator.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Probably remembering the constant barrage of TV ads for Claremont Speedway that always ended with the phrase: Friday night is speedway night!

So it'd be easy to get the night wrong if it was on a different night, which on special occasions it was in the last year or so before it moved to Kwinana.

PS: 1 of my late uncles rode in sidecars at Claremont in early 60's. He took me along in the 70's for a number of Friday nights, but my aunty put the kibosh on going again after a wheel came off a car and went over the barrier fence killing a spectator.

'Friday night is speedway night'
Bet all the locals knew that!
Bbbbbbbrrrrrruuuummmmm

Nice work PD

Quote Innerchild :
"Hi AL, I'm curious where the big house with the nursing home was on Gugeri?"

May i ask why ?
There's a credible theory that Jane Rimmer was walking down Gugeri St, and not Stirling Hwy and therefore, the route would pass that area of Gugeri St if AL's workplace was opposite Claremont Showgrounds and the train station as she said. The old showgrounds train station was on the opposite side of Ashton Ave back then, so I'm curious as to where as well Or did the speedway patrons use Claremont Station instead? which would put a bit more perspective upon whatever AL might be able to describe of the area.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/index.php?posts/41896887

IMO, if JR was headed towards Stirling Highway, she would've walked from the lamp post straight through the crowd waiting for taxis and thus remained in view of CCTV. Therefore the Gugeri St theory for awaiting victims to ambush IMO is reasonably credible.

https://youtu.be/hbbg-FVij4c

I therefore only have one question of the unreleased CG footage as per this article. Does it show her heading towards Gugeri St?
cc514af64553ab50cf2256ed74aef004.jpg

Hi guys - Spooks thank you for providing some very interesting reading about the mind of a sk. Certainly a lot could be applied to the CSK whoever that may be. Also thank you for your support of the article I posted. I still feel the girls were held for a period of time before being murdered. Hopefully we can use information from those articles in the search for SS. You guys do so much work in your search and have some really good ideas. Thank you. All IMO

Wasn't the spectator death in 95?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Looked it up. 95. That fatality got a lot of press at the time, so I'm probably confusing that with the incident that caused my Aunt to put the kibosh on my uncle going to the speedway.
Must've been some non fatal incident with flying debris or something. Would've been mid 70's after my uncle returned from Carnarvon Tracking Station and before dad was transferred to 77sqn in Williamtown.

Anyway. Found out that the Railways did use the old Ashton Ave showgrounds station on speedway nights. Can't yet confirm if still in 1996 yet.
2593eb8a094d353835366c17a1aa8eb7.jpg

And still advertising Friday night is speedway Night! in January 1996
52ed65a69243af5969ec0158610aaefe.jpg

Innerchild - firstly I never said I worked in a nursing home. It was a private residence. Secondly, as such I don't see what that has to do with you. I can't disclose the actual residence. IMO

Perhaps it seemed that way as you said you were working in a nursing capacity on night shift looking after a large group of residents and you also mentioned an office there. Also the mention of afternoon shift implies it was likely staffed 24 hours a day. That wouldn't conjure up the image of a private residence to most people.

The Showgrounds train stop in my memory was always opened up and used for special events at the Showgrounds, including the speedway.

The Showgrounds railway stop still operates today on same system which is 'operating for events' like festivals, the Royal Agricultural Show, and other major attractions held at the Showgrounds; and 'closed' during the normal working week and weekends where there's no event on at the Claremont Showgrounds.

Perhaps it seemed that way as you said you were working in a nursing capacity on night shift looking after a large group of residents and you also mentioned an office there. Also the mention of afternoon shift implies it was likely staffed 24 hours a day. That wouldn't conjure up the image of a private residence to most people.

FYI Throughout Perth suburbs there are many 'private residences' that are used as half-way homes for recovering addicts and safe houses for victims of DV. These residences are usually supervised 24/7 by nurses or carers and would have an 'office'.

IMO I really don't think it's crucial to the sleuthing investigation knowing exactly where Annalise worked back in 1996, and whether it was a private residence or business address. Many of you jumped to conclusions assuming it was a nursing home when Annalise never stated it was a nursing home.

I think her local knowledge is valuable, and Annalise (if I may say so) is well within her WS rights remaining obtuse about exact details of her employment considering this is a public forum and maybe she wishes to remain anonymous.

Personally I welcome any new posters and we, the WS community, should let all new posters speak and reveal what they know without giving them the 'Spanish Inquisition' as soon as they appear.

Just my two cents worth

Petedavo,
Always good to hear from you, as per usual interesting post. Family legend has if during the 1950s my father-in-law, as a teenager, rode there as a passenger, he often spoke about knowing Alf Barbagalo - I think he knew him from the speedway.

Kambo,
It was probably the tragedy where a little boy got killed by flying debris. He was sitting on his dad's lap. (they were spectators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member